Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi (6381 Views)

Please Who Has This Book By Ibukun Awosika / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at writing a story and discovering a path. Your criticisms are welcomed. I would try and post as regularly as possible to keep you all entertained. Enough of the long story and let us begin.

1 Like

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 10:55am On Feb 11, 2018
Chapter One.

I was struck with fear when the doctor was about to tell me the result of the medical test I did, at that moment I just felt the ground should open up and swallow me, but to my surprise it didn’t happen, I was left dumbfounded when the doctor told me nothing was wrong with me, that I shouldn’t be scared. I left his office a little bit shy after the little play I had pulled off, the doctor had noticed my anxiety but didn’t say anything eventually.
I drove my car out of the hospital’s car park, I knew where my next stop was, my friend’s hospital, I had to see him because it had been long since we last hung out. I also had to tell him what happened at the hospital. I left the hospital car park thinking of how much work I was missing at the office and also what to tell my friend. My foot hit the accelerator with full force which increased the speed of the car, now I was moving at 120km/hr, I was getting really anxious and a shaky feeling not secure about everything. Ever since I was a young lad, I had always had anxiety attacks, and feeling insecure about everything, even if there was nothing to feel scared about. My eyes immediately caught the sign board of the hospital I was heading to, I was glad I had finally gotten there. I drove into the parking lot, and I parked beside a really ugly car, it was old and dirty, what could a car like this be looking for in this big hospital, I thought to myself. I got down from my car and I began to stare at the car with disgust in my eyes, then I looked at my car and then looked at the other car, I started to compare, I was using one of the best BMW’s, and the other was just a crappy old car. I was really proud of myself. I was a successful young man, and I could have anything I wanted, now I was bragging about myself. I was brought back to reality by the sound of the old cranky car door beside my parked car, I looked at the person who was coming out of the passenger side, I didn’t really see anything at first because the car door was blocking my view, but the person came out of the car fully, and suddenly my eyes came upon a radiant looking beautiful young lady, her pretty blue eyes glowed like the stars, she also had a glowing fair skin, she looked a little bit tall, she was skinned toned, she looked pretty thin to me, wasn’t she eating. She was really attractive; she caught my gaze upon her and stared at me for a few seconds which felt like hours to me, she finally made a move by blinking and she left immediately.
“What a beauty” I said to myself. I really admired her, she had a beauty I haven’t seen before. I made my way to the hospital’s reception, on getting there, I decided to take a last look at the huge hospital my friend owned. I got to the reception and saw a young lady at her post with some other receptionist alongside her, but I decided to go towards her since there was no one the queue, but I thought again why be on the queue, he is my friend, I can call him, so I brought out my phone from my pocket and dialed his number, on the third ring he picked it up.
“Hello” his voice sounded somewhat strange to my ears that I lost my voice, he brought my voice back by repeating the same thing again.
“Hello” he said like he was looking for something.
“hey buddy, are you in” before he could even answer, I said again “I wanna come in”
“oh yea, am in” with that the call ended. I knew where his office was so I didn’t even bother to ask him. It was just two floors away so I decided to take the stairs, after passing the first floor, my phoned vibrated in my pocket indicating I had a message. I decided to check it, not even looking at where I was going, all I knew was that I was climbing stairs, as I was about to press send to the reply of the message, I bumped into someone, then the next I realize was my phone falling from my hand, I tried to catch it but to no avail, it hit the ground. I was really upset about it, but I didn’t even take notice about the person I hit. I was so angry, I picked up my phone, then shoved the person aside and went away, I had a feeling I was wrong. I hadn’t even reach the second stair when I heard a soft voice shouting, I didn’t realize it was shouting at me, until I saw someone approaching me, she looked familiar, it then click to me that she was the one I saw at the parking lot. She looked so cute when she is angry. I couldn’t contain my laughter, I burst out in laughter, I had forgotten everything which happened in the last few minutes. I even forgot about my phone, I wasn’t expecting her next reaction, but it came, I felt a soft palm across my face, she slapped me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by MhizMero(f): 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
Sweet Jesus!
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by MhizMero(f): 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
Sweet Jesus! Sweet Slap!
Oliver ask for more....grt story tho.
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by AryEmber(f): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
Come and continue jo! Nice start.
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
CHAPTER 2
I knew what was happening to me when I started sweating. The sweat started to roll down my face like water was poured on my head. I started having another anxiety attack. I was feeling really insecure, my breathing increased rapidly. I could solve the issue all I had to do was to leave the place, but it didn’t work. I suddenly fell to the ground and brought my knees closer to my body burying my face in between my knees. I started shivering even though there was no cold. I wanted to speak but nothing was coming out from my mouth.it was unexpectedly dry. Then flashes of events that happened in the past where I was slapped started to appear in my head. It felt like I was reliving the events again. I was trying my best to control it but nothing was working. My eyes become blurry due to the tears that were trying to escape I couldn’t do anything about it so I let it fall. I had forgotten she was still there, until I felt her soft hands on my back trying to soothe it, it wasn’t working because it was her fault. If she hadn’t slapped me I won’t be in this situation. I felt anger overcoming me as I tried to shake off her hand by moving my body in different direction but it didn’t feel so.
“Calm down” I heard her say in soft low tone, which was actually working. My breathing wasn’t still okay so I raised my head up but my eyes met with a smiling face which calmed me down.
“Breath in and out, in and out” She was really trying her best to calm me down and help me out with my breathing. It was working. I started breathing at a normal rate. When my panic attack was finally over and I was calm which she noticed, she gave me her hand so as to help me in standing up. She began to ramble words out of her which I wasn’t able to get immediately but I finally heard clearly.
“Am really sorry, I didn’t know. I am very sorry. I …” before she could continue I raised my hand signaling her to stop talking. I didn’t like it whenever someone talked about my panic attack. I ran down the stairs while mumbling a ‘thank you’ to her so it wouldn’t seem as if I wasn’t appreciative which am sure she might not have heard. I had stopped using my medicines when I didn’t have any panic attacks, but it seems like I would have to start using them again if girls decide to start slapping me, especially pretty ones.
On getting to the parking lot, I remembered I came to the hospital for a reason. It had skipped my mind because of someone and it looked like ‘the someone’ was following me because I heard the same soft voice again,
“Hey! Mister” I knew she was calling me but I decided to behave like I couldn’t hear her. Why was she trying to cause more trouble? When I first saw her, she looked gentle, meek and quiet, but now am beginning to think I was wrong. I pressed the button on the key remote to my car to unlock the car. My hand was on the handle of the car as I was about to open it, I felt the same hand on my back again. Now I was beginning to get angry. This is the second time she is touching me and I hated it anytime people touched me. The structure of my face turned into an angry one as I turned around to face her. She looked surprised at my reaction, I was even more surprised at her change of emotion; from happy to a sad one which cleared all the anger away. I don’t know how she managed to do that but it felt great to have someone to be able to make you smile.
“I am really sorry about what happened back there and I wasn’t going to talk about your panic attack, I was going to apologize about slapping you. When you bumped into me you pushed me away without even saying sorry and I was angry so I called you and you answered me but you started laughing which got me angrier, that’s why I slapped you. I was provoked and I am sorry.” She said in one breath which was surprising, she didn’t even give me any space to put in my own words but then I realized that it wasn’t her fault. Why was she apologizing? It was my fault.
“I am sorry. Am the one to apologize not you. I bumped into you without saying sorry and then pushed you away. Am really sorry.” Now things were getting awkward because everywhere became unexpectedly silent, cool and calm. I laughed in my own thoughts about the weird situation. She now had an emotion on her face which I couldn’t read, I was beginning to get scared.
“okay, let me make it up to you. Right now.” I didn’t know what to say, she was awfully quiet. If not for the ringtone of my phone I wouldn’t have know what to do because I was really confused. I checked the caller id, it was the reason why I came to the hospital in the first place.
“hey buddy, sorry I couldn’t make it. An important issue came up and I had to leave, I am really sorry bro.” I said it all at once because I was in haste to cut the call.
“ok, no problem” the call ended with the sound of the beep and I put my phone back into my pocket focusing my eyes back on the unnamed in front of me.
“Ok. Make up for your mistake” I was excited at first with the answer but I became upset all of a sudden, I didn’t know her name.
“please get in” I said while opening the door for her, I was surprised that she didn’t even argue with me. What if I wanted to kidnap her? She trusted me. After getting into the car I decided to ask her the only question I have been waning to ask since when my eyes first fell on her.
“what is your name?”
“Grace.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by MhizMero(f): 7:59am On Feb 13, 2018
#Grace#
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
My people... please i would really appreciate it if you guys would comment so I get to know where to improve on. Plix, epp my career. Thank you guys so much.
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by OlufemiWhit(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
Broda no vex ooo.....me I no xabi criticise....buh as I don like your story....i gat your back
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2018
plix i'm a sister oo....thanks by the way.

OlufemiWhit:
Broda no vex ooo.....me I no xabi criticise....buh as I don like your story....i gat your back
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
favouradeyemi6:
plix i'm a sister oo....thanks by the way.

Sorry about dat miss buh just keep updating
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
CHAPTER 3
We came to a halt in front of a coffee shop. I had no idea where to go to because I wasn’t expecting her to accept my offer but to my surprise she accepted. Now I was confused about what to do next. I didn’t realize when she opened the door and stepped out of the car. Then she walked into the café then turned left moving towards a table with two set of chairs which beside the window. I was at the entrance watching her do all this. I finally got in. when someone tried to come out from the café so I had to move away. I met her at the table where she was sitting then dragged a chair out so I can sit on. She looked at me like I was behaving like an Idiot. “What if she thought I was an idiot?”. We hadn’t ordered for anything we were just staring at each other and I decided to break the silence.
“So, what do you want to take?” I asked her because I didn’t know what else to say and I also craved for coffee at that moment.
“Just black coffee” am starting to wonder maybe she doesn’t like talking too much, but then I remember when she apologized at the hospital’s car pack, she said all those words at once but now she seems quiet. Maybe she is angry at me but am trying to make it up to her then why is she acting so strange? She is really making me to crack my brain over her issue. This is mentally tiring. I stood up from the chair to go the counter to order our coffee.
“You know, you really confuse me” I said why sipping my black coffee with milk. ‘I like my coffee that way’. It makes it sweet and sour which I really love.
“How?” she said straight forward with no emotion on her face and it scared me.
“You don’t talk much, why?” I was really trying not to look scared and look like I was going straight to the point because I had other options in my head and she wouldn’t see me in a weird way. She then slouched on her chair trying to think of an answer to my question while tapping her fingers on the table which was syncing with the background music.
“I don’t like talking too much and am actually shy around people. What happened at the hospital was adrenalin at work.” She chuckled a little at her own words and I laughed out loud, not really because of what she said but because of the way she looked so cute when she chuckled and I also laughed at my stupidity.
“But you are talking now.” I smiled trying to give her an encouraging look then she chuckled again which made my smile a lot bigger.
“Not in that way.” She said then I raised an eyebrow at her trying to say ‘really’. She sat upright then hit her hands on the table like she was about to argue with me. Her facial expression changed which showed that she was angry and I kept smiling at her like a stupid fellow trying to frustrate her, but It didn’t work. She relaxed her back on the chair then folded her arms. She then picked her coffee and drank a little from it. I had forgotten I also had my coffee and it must be getting cold, so I also picked up my coffee cup, drank little from it then folded my arms which seemed like I was copying her. She looked at me like she was about to beat me up when she realized I was copying her.
“You know, you really look cute when you are angry.” I knew what I had said was going to frustrate her, but I wanted to see her reaction.
“You know, you really look stupid when you talk like that.” My mouth dropped open at what she said, I wasn’t expecting that but it came. When she saw my reaction, she smirked then stood up from her chair and was about to leave. I brought my self together so I could ask for her number.
“I didn’t get your number.” She looked at my face like she looking for something when she didn’t find it. She took a tissue from the table, brought out a pen from her bag hen wrote something on it, I didn’t see it so I thought it was her number, I was already smiling foolishly in my head. When she was done, she folded the tissue then put it in my jacket pocket.
‘Good day” she smiled and left the place. I didn’t know what I did that made her get angry so easily but I was happy that she gave me her number. I quickly brought out the tissue from my pocket, but before I could read my phone vibrated indicating her had a phone call. I looked at caller id, it was from my mum, I groaned a little, because lately the only reason my mum has been calling me is about finding a wife. She always tells me that, I am financially okay, what else do I need.
“Hey mom!”
“Son, you know what we talked about the last time, the issue of the marriage?” I knew that was the reason why she called.
“Yes mom, what about it?” I asked her in a tiring voice, I was rubbing my forehead like I had a headache.
“Your dad said he want you to come over so we can have a meeting about it, because he wants you to… to...” she was stammering and my mum does not stammer.
“To do what?” I asked her, I had a feeling what she was about to say wasn’t good.
“Marry his friend’s daughter. So, you have to come this Saturday, please my son am begging, Bye.” She was begging me with a teary voice, she didn’t even allow me to speak before she hanged up because she knew I was going to argue about it. Now I had no other choice but to go the house. I was so deep in thought, I looked at the seat opposite me which made me remember the beauty that occupied the sit and it brought a smile upon my face, I also remembered the tissue paper that she put in my pocket, I dig my hand into my pocket and brought the paper out, I opened it and I was shocked by what I saw there.

1 Like

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 12:44am On Feb 17, 2018
CHAPTER 4
Saturday came running like it knew something was to happen on that day, I was really angry and surprised at the same time, angry at my father for doing this, angry at my mom for not trying to help me out and surprised at Grace for what she did. On that Wednesday, after I read what was on the paper, it was really surprising. She wrote ‘You don’t need my number and thank you.’ I didn’t know why she was thanking me but I felt hurt when she didn’t give me her number and surprise that a girl actually declined me.
I had my bath and got ready for the meeting. After my mum hanged up on me that day, she called back few hours later to apologized for hanging up on me then told me that I needed to be at home before noon and that she loves me very much, I wasn’t angry at my mum anymore because she apologized. I decided to wear a ripped skinny black jeans, white t-shirt and black blazers. It was already 10 when I was fully ready, I hadn’t even eaten breakfast, so I just decided to stop at a restaurant to have my breakfast. I took my shades; my keys and I was off.
“But mom…”
“Am sorry Daniel, I can’t do anything about it. your father has made his decision” my mom said with a sad voice, she wasn’t really happy about what my dad was doing. I could see the wrinkles around her eyes which showed that she was getting old and the little black bags under her eyes which indicated that she wasn’t getting enough sleep, she must have been worried about me. I moved closer to her then cupped her cheeks. I looked into her eyes, I was looking for something but all I found was pain, sadness and tiredness. She wasn’t happy and I wanted to say something to her but my mouth seemed to be dry, I just wrapped my arms around her small fragile body.
We were all seated in the living room with my dad and mom sitting on the two-sitter chair, my dad’s friend and one of his daughter on the other two-sitter. I didn’t know the one I was marrying yet but we couldn’t start yet because his other daughter wasn’t here yet. I started to become impatience about it.
“Can’t we start without her” I asked while noticing the other daughter, her eyes were locked to her phone she didn’t even bother to look up to see the person talking. I look closer at her that’s when I realized that she couldn’t hear what any of us were saying because her ears were blocked with earphone. Then I noticed her again, she was dressed like a slay queen wanna-be, she was wearing a white crop top that showed off her belly button and a really short tight jean skirt. I got really angry and frustrated when nobody answered me. I stood up from the arm chair I was sitting on and stormed off to kitchen, so I wouldn’t burst out in front of everyone. I opened the fridge looking for something to calm me down, I saw a can Heineken. Without thinking twice, I grabbed it from the fridge, slammed the fridge door and opened it. I gulped half of the drink at once, I felt relived after taking the drink. I couldn’t finish it so I poured the remains away.
On getting to the living room, I stopped in my tracks when my eyes landed on the beauty in the living room. She looked awfully familiar that when it clicked to me that I was looking at Grace.
“Can we finally start.” I said trying to get her attention while moving to my former position. She then looked at my face with the same surprise I had when I saw her then she smiled at me. Suddenly the smile faded away like she remembered something awful then she looked down but I saw defeat in her eyes.
“I am going to move straight to the point because it getting late now and I have a meeting in the evening.” My dad’s friend said. I was glad at least I won’t waste any more time here. Then his eyes shifted towards me like he was about to say something to me.
“Your dad came to me and told me about your marriage issues, as his friend I decided to help him by giving you one of my daughters’ hand in marriage.” I wasn’t shocked at what he said, I was expecting it but I was sad about it.
“which one?” My dad asked, I also wanted to ask which one but my dad was faster than I, because I was scared he might give me the slot daughter. It would be great if he gave me Grace to marry, but the look on Grace face was saying otherwise, I became scared. But the answer which came out from my dad’s friend mouth would change my life forever.

1 Like

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by Ehmjay(m): 10:32am On Feb 17, 2018
Cool story you gat here...it simple but yet captivating mention me wen yhu update ooo
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by OlufemiWhit(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
Loving the story dear.....keep it up
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by MhizMero(f): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
Addicted already
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
This chapter is dedicated to @Ehmjay. thanks to you guys who are commenting. I really appreciate it.

CHAPTER 5
“Dad, I can’t marry that slot he calls his daughter” I was really angry at this point and no drink could solve this issue. After Grace and her family left, my dad went towards the balcony with a lawn face on, so I decided to follow him. On getting there, my dad had realized that I followed him, so he started rambling words out of his mouth which I didn’t grab. So, I decided to shove them away and start with my own words.
“You know I can’t do anything about this. There is more to this issue than marriage” I snapped my head towards my dads’ direction when I heard his words. I knew what he meant. I heard he was going bankrupt in his company but I didn’t know it was this serious.
“I could have helped you” I said calmly, soothing my forehead with my fingers trying to relive the pain of the headache I was feeling.
“I am financially okay and you know that, why do you want to destroy my live?” I didn’t realize I was shouting until my dad looked at me with his eyes filled with anger.
“Do not ever raise your voice at me” His facial expression said it all so I decided to shut up. “I am only trying to give you a lesser burden. You will marry her, I don’t care if she is a slot, you will marry her and that is final” That said it all and I was doomed for.

The loud music passing through my ears made everything worse. I was devastated. I wanted to believe this wasn’t true, but my attempt at it failed. I tried getting drunk, but I only became worse. I looked around the club in a disgusting manner, only to find ladies of night looking for someone to spend the night with. It looked all creepy to me, and I was getting irritated. I left the club, with no sign of interest in it. I only wanted to clear my mind because the only thing my mind kept telling was that ‘I will marry a slot in two months’. I was so drunk, I couldn’t drive back to my apartment. So, I had to leave my car at the club and take a taxi home. I got a taxi in two minutes and got in. The driver had said something which I didn’t get so I decided to pass it off.
“drive” I said to him and he began the journey.
I looked through the car window and all I could see was darkness, no street light just like my life. The darkness which consumed my life, my soul, my heart all because of my father. I felt warm tears roll down my cheeks as images of when I was young flashed through my mind. Images of when I used to feel alone, when I thought I was abandoned, when I thought no one cared for me, when I almost killed myself. I felt a wave of nauseous hit me and a heavy headache, it was like a person using a heavy metal to hit my head. I bent my head low and placed on both of my lap. I have never been drunk like this. I felt like my world was spinning around. I tried holding onto something so I wouldn’t stumble, but I had forgotten that I was in a taxi.
“Sir, your destination please”. When I heard the taxi driver voice, I raised my head a little but I figured out that the headache only became worse, and I didn’t even know my destination. I knew I wanted to go home, but what would going home do to me. I was having a massive headache. I needed medicine because I can’t go home like this, it would only make the headache worse with more thinking.
“Please take me to the nearest pharmacy”. I have to buy medicine to reduce the pain of this headache. Few minute later, the taxi driver made a quick halt which pushed me forward a little causing me to hit my head at the chair in front of me. I felt more pain.
“sir we are there”. I wanted to punch the taxi driver right in the face for what he did, but my body wasn’t didn’t agree with me. I opened the door of the taxi then got out of the car quickly. I felt another wave of nauseous, but I comforted myself and took over it. My eyes caught the huge pharmacy in front of me. I knew the pharmacy, I usually pass here on my way to work. In my drunken state, I walked slowly with both of my legs shaking like they were weak. I pushed the door open with little of my strength left, then walked over to the counter. My head was bent low all through so I couldn’t see who was behind the counter. When I reached the counter, it wasn’t a wooden table, but a white round slab. I placed my hands on the slab for stability. I couldn’t get my surrounding because my sight was a little blurry.
“How may I help you” when I heard the voice my head snapped towards the direction where the voice came from. I can never forget such a beautiful voice. Even in my drunken state I could see the beauty in front of me, I was already smiling. Before I realized that darkness had taken over me and the last thing I saw was her face.

1 Like

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by Ehmjay(m): 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Her face Wondering who that is

Thanks for the dedication dear
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by FortunateB(f): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2018
Nice storyline.
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by Ehmjay(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2018
5 Days No update Jus wondering watz holding u up
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 10:16am On Feb 24, 2018
hey! am really sorry guys for taking long to update. I have been really busy with school stuff. Thank you for your patience and i promise to update soon.

1 Like

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by anibirelawal(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2018
favouradeyemi6:
HAPPY BIRTH DAY !!!
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
Hey Guys!
So, the good news is that AM BACK. grin grin
I will also be posting new chapters of[b]GRACE[/b] this week.
Thank you guys so much for your patience. Please read, like and comment.
LOVE YOU ALL.
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by rayvelez(m): 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
welcome back.
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by AvatarMode(m): 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
Nice work. Keep it up...
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 1:23am On May 01, 2018
CHAPTER 6

“Check his vital signs.”
“Sir, they are okay.”
All I could see was darkness surrounding me, but I could hear voices. Why was everywhere so dark? Then I realised that my eyes were closed and I felt really weak, like I was being tied down by a rope. Too weak to even open my eyes. I did my best and it worked. I blinked several times trying to get used to the bright light that came piercing through my eyes. I couldn’t even remember what had happened and the reason why I am here. I don’t even know where I am.
I heard the door open and close, then the footsteps of someone walking towards my direction. My eyes were still closed, so I decided to open it so as to see the person who came in.
“Hey.” The same soft beautiful voice. She looked at me with pity. I sat up to look at her properly. I couldn’t do much. I just gave her a weak smile to show that I was okay and she returned the smile.
“I never knew you drank.” She said with a smirk on her face. She tried to lighten up the situation. But it wasn’t working. Everything that happened yesterday came back taunting me. It made my mood and facial expression change. I looked down staring at my lap.
“I don’t… don’t really drink” she looked at me and realised what was going on.
“Oh no, I was just joking.” This time she was laughing. I looked at her, then I also began to laugh. Her laugh was contagious. I looked at her. I was staring at her now. She looked so beautiful up-close.
“Mr. Davis, you can go home now. You need to get some rest. But, I noticed that you came with a cab last night. where is your car?” where is my car? Why am I asking myself this?
“why being so formal? I left my car at the club.”
“OK, Daniel.” She sarcastically said with a smirk on her face.
I got up from the bed, I didn’t feel much pain like before. I called a cab. And now I was sitting on the bed waiting impatiently for the cab to arrive. I snapped my head towards the creaking sound of the door slowly opening. Then she peeked inside, so only her head was showing.
“I’m leaving, wanna tag along?”
“No, I’m waiting for a cab. But, thanks anyway.” I gave her a dashing smile.
“No problem.” She said while returning the smile.
After she left, everywhere became gloomy again. Things I didn’t want to think of started coming to my mind. I decided to take fresh air outside. I walked out of the pharmacy. The warm breeze hitting me, making me smile slightly. I love the warm weather.
Happy memories.
Happy moments.
Where did they all go to?

“Hello.” After I got home, I took a long shower and went straight to bed. Just to wake up two hours later to the sound of my phone’s ringtone. I picked the call without knowing the caller. The person didn’t reply immediately, I looked at my phone’s screen and it read mum.
“Mum.” I don’t know why but I felt my mum’s anger.
“Where have you been?” She yelled. It seems my feelings were right. I couldn’t even think of an answer to her question before she threw another one at me.
“What is wrong with you? Are you okay? What were you thinking?” I furrowed my brows at her multiple questions. “Did you think shouting at your father would solve the issue on ground.” She sounded really angry.
“Mum! Can you let me speak?” I heard my mum sigh at the other end which gave me a go ahead. “I know shouting at dad was wrong and I deeply regret it. But how could dad do this to me. He has no right to choose for me.” I paused for a second but my mum took it as clue for her to speak.
“Whatever your dad has done is for your own good” she seemed calm but I wasn’t.
“Marrying a slot?” I couldn’t see her expression but her silence said everything.
“You have nothing to say. I’m hanging up.”
I was back to my depressing state after the little phone call with my mum. It hurts me to see my life go down the drain and I’m unable to do anything about it. I exhaled loudly, trying to take everything away in one breath. I made an attempt to go back to sleep, but my mind wasn’t agreeing with me. My phone was beside me, so I picked it up to check if I have any new message. But to my surprise I didn’t have any message. Having nothing to do, I decided to watch TV. Something I hardly do nowadays.
It then occurred to me that I didn’t come home with my car and I have work tomorrow. I need my car to go to work. Oh my God. How could I forget my car at the club? Without waste of time I was on my way to the club to get my car. But I could still feel a little bit of headache from last night drinking.
“Damn hangover, I should have asked for a pain relief medicine.” I blurted out in pain.
At least something to do now.

1 Like

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by favouradeyemi6(f): 3:34pm On May 01, 2018
CHAPTER 7

“Good morning doctor.” A pretty fair young lady who I would assume is a nurse, greeted me with a huge smile on her face. I returned the nice gesture to the pretty lady and added a little bit of winking to it. Her smile only grew bigger. The day started off well after all the drama during the weekend. It was a hectic week filled with lots of emotion flying everywhere. I wiped imaginary sweat off my forehead, as I walked down the white hallway to my office. (It is called white hallway because it’s walls are painted plain white with the ceiling and the floor is tiled with white tiles.)
Twenty minutes after settling down in my small, cozy, peaceful office which I quite loved. I heard a knock on the door. I had a meeting today with a patient whom I was going to do surgery for, but it wasn’t time for the meeting. So, who was at the door.
“Come in.” Instead of trying to guess who was at the door, I could just say ‘come in’.
A young lady who looked awfully familiar peeked through the door to check who was inside the office, I assume. Before opening the door wide enough for her to enter my office.
“Good morning Dr. Daniel.” She greeted me pleasantly. I eyed her completely to inspect her dressing but she looked formal. She was acting way nicer than the first time I met her. I remember her now! She is my future wife or whatsoever. What is she doing here?
“Good morning to you too.” I decided to also be nice, but I wasn’t welcoming her presence. I wanted to ask her the reason for visiting me. But before I could speak up, I saw a change in her facial expression.
“it’s like someone doesn’t want me here.” She grimaced. I think she noticed my unwelcoming behavior towards her. She pulled out a chair for her to sit, since I wasn’t nice enough to welcome her very well.
“You may sit.” I said. I was trying to make her know that she was disrespecting me in my office.
“Oh, thank you.” She said sarcastically. She still had that smirk on her face which got me furious.
“So, how is my future husband doing?” Her smirk even grew bigger. What was she trying to do?
“You and I both know well that we don’t want this marriage.” I was really angered now. Why was she being so nice to me with the situation on ground? To my surprise, what I said didn’t affect her. In fact, she began to laugh. I looked confused and my expression said it all.
“You don’t want this marriage but I do.” I was perplexed by what she just said.
“What do you mean?” her smile faded away by my question.
“You know exactly what I mean.” She was angry now.
“I don’t know, please tell me.” I was playing dumb now, but I didn’t really know what she meant.
“oh, please stop playing dumb.” Wow, she gets me. Her smirk got back to her flawless face. “I want to marry you. At least I will get on my daddy’s goody side”
“So, you want to marry someone you know nothing about to get on your daddy’s goody side.” I paused for a second to see any expression on her face. She kept nodding her head, to show that everything I was saying was correct. “But, why aren’t you on your daddy’s goody side.” She looked at me for a second, then she looked behind me.
“I’m sorry, but can we talk later. I’ve got to go.” She looked in a hurry but I still wanted to hear her story.
“we will talk over lunch at 24 cafe. Is that okay with you?” That place is closer to my office so it is convenient for me. I think I like the idea.
“yea, it is.”
“OK. Future husband, I’ll see you later.” She smirked again. How many smirks does she has? I just rolled my eyes at her. But I do not still like her.

********************************************************************************
“Ha ha… so funny. Please get to your story. I have things to do.” I don’t know why she was laughing at her own boring joke and I didn’t find it funny. I am supposed to hate her but now I dislike her. Wow, progress.
She smirked again before she began her story. Smirks, smirks… really.
“I did some real shit in the past and I got into big trouble for it. To cut the long story short. My knight in shinning armor which is my dad, came in and saved me. The trouble I got into made me get on my daddy’s bad side. So, I have to do anything my dad tells me to do, so as to get his affection back.” She kept on talking because I didn’t want to interrupt her and I was also enjoying the story. But something changed. I saw a flash of guilt in her eyes.
“My dad mostly preferred her over me.” She really looked sad. She was at the edge of crying. But slay queens don’t cry. And it looked like the story was taking a turn, there is more to her bad side.
“Am really sorry.” What did she do? Why was she sorry? The tears were dropping now.
“Why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything wrong.”
“you are always playing dumb. I never wanted to marry you. I only lied. When I realized that you had a thing for my sister, I became upset and jealous and I had to do something about it. Everyone likes my sister more and nobody likes me. I noticed the way you looked at my sister during the meeting we had at your dad’s house.” So, this is all about sister’s rivalry. Was I really looking at her that day? I didn’t even notice it. “Since Grace is goody two shoes, my dad decided that she was the one to marry you.” I was baffled by the new information but I had to hear more. “It was happening again and I knew it. My dad was choosing her over me. I talked to my dad about it but he declined. So, I decided to look for something to use against Grace. Grace isn’t a bad girl, thus I had to lie against her. To show you how foolish my dad was, he believed the lie.” She laughed evilly at her own words. I didn’t find any of it funny but she did. “so, my dad decided to trust me and let me marry you. I was happy at first, but when I heard about your incident I only realized that no matter what I did you would never like me talk less of love.” I was speechless, I couldn’t say anything. I should be angry about what she did, but I just felt so sad for her. I think she noticed pity in my eyes for her.
“Don’t feel pity for me. I will fix everything and I’m sorry.” She left without even getting a reply from me. I think I was wrong about my day. Grace, what will I do about you?

1 Like

Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by dosht(f): 6:45pm On May 01, 2018
Following
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by oloyedprince1(m): 9:34am On May 02, 2018
update, m following
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by AvatarMode(m): 4:28pm On May 02, 2018
Good work...keep it coming
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by AdeProgrammer(m): 9:20am On May 03, 2018
Nice write-up sister. I'm following.
Re: Grace - A Story By Ibukun Adeyemi by gfreymom302: 9:58am On May 03, 2018
favouradeyemi6:
Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at writing a story and discovering a path. Your criticisms are welcomed. I would try and post as regularly as possible to keep you all entertained. Enough of the long story and let us begin.
How do I get my stories on nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

-shadow Of Love- / Dele Olojede Wins McNulty Prize Worth 16 Million Naira / Morenikeji By Amah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.