Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,948 members, 7,799,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP (35696 Views)

Strong Momentum & Continuous Growth In Economy Further Show Buhari Is Working / 'see How Atiku Locked Down Nasarawa, Buhari’s Stronghold' - Dele Momodu / Documents Show Buhari’s Govt. Illegally Diverted N378billion NLNG Dividend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by engineerboat(m): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said the resort to deployment of heavily armed security forces to muscle votes for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in last Saturday’s House of Representatives bye-election in Katsina state has further shown that President Muhammadu Buhari and his party have completely lost popularity among Nigerians, even in the President’s home state.

The party also described the last Saturday’s Kano state local council election, which was also characterized by outright cheating, open underaged voting and ballot stuffing, as a wholesome mockery of electoral process.

The party believed these two elections have signified that the APC cannot win any free and fair election, even in their stronghold.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement on Sunday, said the fact that the APC had to resort to brute force and allocation of ballots to gain votes in the bye-election in Mashi/Dutsi Federal Constituency, which ordinarily should have been for them, a walk in the park, being President Buhari’s constituency, shows that the party has pathetically lost it all.

The PDP said the fact that it still held a legitimate 22,690 votes against the 30,719 fraudulently allocated to the APC, despite the use of force and other brazen infractions by the APC, shows that PDP is the natural winner of the election.

“It further strengthens our resolve that our party, the PDP, still commands a genuine followership among Nigerians.

“We however invite Nigerians and the international community to mark how the APC and its controlled Federal Government are corrupting our electoral system, by using force to intimidate the people and steal their votes.

“The APC is also corrupting security officials to use maximum force as a desperate measure to save President Buhari, whose popularity had dipped across our nation.

“In their desperation to help the President, the APC in cahoot with the inept Presidency declared war on the people by ensuring the deployment of over 1,000 heavily armed and hostile security operatives for an election that held in only 15 polling units within two local governments of Katsina State.

“It is unfortunate that the APC has recoursed to worst kind of intimidation and violations twelve calendar months ahead of the general elections.

“Currently, the PDP is compiling a comprehensive documentary evidence of infractions and irregularities including barring of legitimate voters from accessing polling centers, assigning of polling units to APC government functionaries, indiscriminate arrests of opposition members and supporters, underaged voting and allocation of votes for APC as well as conflict between results from the polling units and collation centers among others.

“Also being compiled is the identity of the security and electoral officials used by the APC to subvert the will of the people, which will be made public while ensuring that they are prosecuted.

“The clear message to the APC is that the will of the people will prevail in 2019 as Nigerians will never allow the shameful impunity and suppression witnessed in Katsina and Kano during last Saturday’s election as they will be fully rallied to resist such across board”, the party said.

The PDP, however, urged its members in both states to remain calm as it takes decisive but legitimate steps to reclaim their stolen mandate.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/katsina-kano-polls-show-buhari-lost-popularity-stronghold/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Splinz(m): 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
Bubu is so jittery and alarmed of his failures that even his own shadows frightens him.

But even if he makes N1=1$ (assuming the lie he shamelessly told us is anything to go by) before 2019, it is operation back to Daura by fire by force!

PDP ti take over. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by olabrad: 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
22,000 votes against 30,000. The PDP may be stronger than many of us imagine

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by wakaman: 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
PDP wail, wail!

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by mrvitalis(m): 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
olabrad:
22,000 votes against 30,000. The PDP may be stronger than many of us imagine
Same logic can be said about the last delta lga election

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Interesting. Kwankwaso as PDP candidate will floor Buhari to smithereens

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by TheFreeOne: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
The party also described the last Saturday’s Kano state local council election, which was also characterized by outright cheating, open underaged voting and ballot stuffing, as a wholesome mockery of electoral process

The brazen disregard for electoral laws should be roundly condemned by Nigerians and opposition as it portrays the country as an unserious in conducting free and fair elections.

What hope do we have for development when leaders/politicians keeps encouraging minors to partake in corruption and disrespect to our laws.

And any wonder why northern Nigeria is backward and keeps dragging the country downward?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Mogidi: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
mrvitalis:

Same logic can be said about the last delta lga election
He was talking about House of Representatives bye-election in Katsina state.

PDP got 22000 and APC 30000, a difference of 8000, with all the intimidation and rigging in Buhari's home state for that matter.
So where's your logic in comparing the two?

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by DrRasheed: 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Never underestimate the power of the North. Pmb have no time for yr distractions.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by TheFreeOne: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
DrRasheed:
Never underestimate the power of the North.
Pmb have no time for yr distractions.
I guess you mean the fraud being perpetrated for decades via fake census figures, proliferation of LGs for resource allocation?

What have northern leaders given their people aside underdevelopment, illiteracy and horde of almajiris who are just pawns for rigging elections.

What is the use of power that's of no benefit to the masses aside selfish interests of your leaders and politicians? The earlier most of you get your heads out of the asses of such devilish hegemons the better.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Jessewizy(m): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
wakaman:
PDP wail, wail!
Don't be stupid.. Type with intelligence

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
As far as it's not presidential election, it's none of my business but if this is how the north wants to rig election by using the underage then i advise the south south, south east and south west to adopt same, be cunning like them, bring out your little children let them vote in 2019 cos the north will not change this mentality.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Dannyset(m): 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
Mtcheww!
If Nigerians are the ones talking I would have cared. Not this God forsaken and cursed PDP that are being paid in their own coin. You haven't seen anything. Your weeping and gnashing of teeth just began. You will never be an option. All these cards you're playing won't score you any point.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Gkay1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
see thief dey catch thief
Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by frankline461: 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
All I can say is that if Buhari decides to go for the next election, he'll win, nothing you say would prevent it!!

8 Likes

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
PDP kindergarten party. What are u doing to defeat Buhari in 2019?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by easyfem(m): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
I fear for future

1 Like

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Nackzy: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Buhari is a shithole ie Septic Tank... Or Village pit toilet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
itz a lie oo.... Say Baba
Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by LasGidiOwner: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Anybody but Bubu.

7 Likes

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Ayoswit(f): 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
K
Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by ybalogs(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
Underaged voters has always been the in thing in the north. Any of the parties could have used these Almajiris so saying APC used kids to win is unfounded.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by ybalogs(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Right now, PDP has nothing over APC in Kano. That could change should Kwankwaso decamp to PDP though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Sirjamo: 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
Cry me an ocean, the poverty development party has been beaten again, the margin is insignificant
Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by ybalogs(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
One very sure thing is PDP can never win in Kano even with Kwankwaso. The hate for PDP is legendary. Kwankwanso will be billing his ambition should he defect to PDP. Just my two cents

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by deafeyez: 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
This goes a long way to tell you what is expected of 2019. Even the international community would be little of no help.
However, it is better as PDP noticed it now because I believe for every force, there is always a reaction.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by DMerciful(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
My concern is the brazen electoral fraud being perpetuated in form of underage voters. APC is a fraud!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by livebynite: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
as a past supporter of PMB, i can without a doubt state that i will not be voting for him come 2019. i mean some friends and i printed t shirts back then with our own funds trying to garner support for him back then all in an attempt to oust the ineffectual buffoon. fast forward till today and i can tell you all that all PMB and APC have succeeded in doing is to make GEJ not look so clueless anymore. No sane Nigerian can point factually to one clear achievement of this government. all propaganda aside. You can claim lower inflation rates and higher GDP from now till tomorrow yet why does a cup of rice sell at 100 percent higher today than it did 4 years ago? same with every single item in our local market? i get so upset just thinking about the monumental failure this government has been. they spent more time posing for the press and creating propaganda than doing real work

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by Odiriance4all(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Will the way things is going it seems the north are also tired of this APC government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by ManirBK: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Fire on the mountain run run PDP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP by abututony(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
Pdp, pdp, pdp.How many times did I call u? Tell us hw u won election in Ekiti and I will close my mouth
U have not seen any thing yet . Before 2019 my cows will grow to bote for Apc, then u will enter lagoon

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home / Yoruba Nation Rally: Police Fume As Organisers Vow To Shutdown Lagos Tomorrow / Multiple Blast Rocks Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.