Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,473 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:01 PM

From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... (8011 Views)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
Twoclans:

Yes I did bring popcorn and chilled amarula.

Can I unblock your heart and show you how to love again wink

The chilled amarula and popcorn by you are melting my heart.

Where is OP?
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
ink Equatornoni:

cool, beer is served already.
We'll try Beer and Pop Corn!
Is Valentine Season, isn't it?
yeah! I think i would love that combo
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by bimberry1307(f): 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
gucciqueen38, twoclans, bimberry1307 you guyz shuld com and check this story out............oh!..............and dont forget to bring pop corn along *winks*
Everly present. happy Valentine's Day in advance.
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
OMG! shocked We're on front page.

One bottle of water and kwili kwili for everyone.

I was the first to comment.

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Twoclans(f): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
yeah i am cool but when u mean "melts at love" i dont get u there

It means that when I experience or hear true love stories it just makes my heart really happy and takes away all worries wink
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2018
bimberry1307:
Everly present. happy Valentine's Day in advance.
same to you *winks
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
Twoclans:

It means that when I experience or hear true love stories it just makes my heart really happy and takes away all worries wink
ok i get it now which means u got a tender heart
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
gucciqueen38, twoclans, bimberry1307 you guyz shuld com and check this story out............oh!..............and dont forget to bring pop corn along *winks*
I'm here dear.. Thanks for the mention..

No pop corn cheesy
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by itsandi(m): 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
Interesting story... Enjoy interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
itsandi:
Interesting story... Enjoy interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

Who's this nah.
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
I'm here dear.. Thanks for the mention..

No pop corn cheesy
wat!! No pop corn as as how?
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
wat!! No pop corn as as how?
As in eh! wink
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
As in eh! wink
ok wat else can we eat in the cinema,honestly i only know pop corn?
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 10:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
Nice! Am loving it......next pls
Thanks dear.. Next coming soon and Thanks for your patience in advance wink
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lol... I want kwili kwili too and popcorn ...i want I want... cheesy
Equatornoni:
OMG! shocked We're on front page.

One bottle of water and kwili kwili for everyone.

I was the first to comment.
Twoclans:

Yes I did bring popcorn and chilled amarula.

Can I unblock your heart and show you how to love again wink
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
lovingyouhun
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
ok wat else can we eat in the cinema,honestly i only know pop corn?
Groundnut grin grin
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 14, 2018
Nice one dear

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 12:43am On Feb 14, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
Nice one dear
Thanks dear cheesy
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by lovingyouhun: 2:57am On Feb 14, 2018
Thanks for mentioning me

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 3:00am On Feb 14, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
Groundnut grin grin
ok pls go get some
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 3:02am On Feb 14, 2018
Lexastories:

Thanks dear.. Next coming soon and Thanks for your patience in advance wink
ok uwc
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by lovingyouhun: 3:04am On Feb 14, 2018
Thanks for the mention
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
FROM NEW YORK WITH LOVE
PART 3

Days flew by and they started getting too attached to each other against the mantra she had tattooed into the crevices of her once broken heart. He helped her out in places she was found lacking in music generally and she gradually developed a liking for another stringed instrument which he played, the guitar. 14th February came and saw her carting away the second prize which was a scholarship to study music in Julliard. She was so happy that she would be back with him by summer. To her it was the dawn of a new adventure but to him, it was a dream come true. He was in love again and this time he promised to make it known to her instead of drowning in uncertainties and watching another man wrap his arms round the woman he longed to hold forever in his embrace.

Evening came and as an excuse to celebrate her win during the day, he took her on a date to one of the best restaurants in the city. When they had eaten to their hearts content, he took her to a park overlooking the best sight you could ever think of, a lot of fountains bedazzled with lights of different colors. It was an awesome sight to behold. Drawn into the emotions which laced the scenery, he looked into her eyes and made his feelings known to her. She was yet again drowning in the emotions dancing in his eyes when he lowered his head and brought his lips closer to hers to taunt her. He traced the outline of her lips and smiled when she quivered in response to his actions. Sparks flew off of her body when his lips finally closed in on hers and goosebumps erupted from the pores of her skin as his soft hands glided over her velvety skin. He let out a low grunt when her hands found a way into his hair and pulled her closer. When they finally pulled apart to catch some air, Laila broke off into laughter. “That was intense” she said in between gasps and he joined her in her laughing spree. I love you Laila he said as he held her in a cuddle and I know it’s too sudden but that’s exactly how I’ve felt about you since that day at the auditorium. He looked at her expectantly allowing himself to hope that she felt the same way. “I love you Ryan” she said while letting her mantra get covered up by love which seemed to roll off of Ryan’s body unto hers in a bid to supplement what she felt in case she had the tiniest speck of doubt in her…

“Laila!” She heard a voice call her name but the voice was so distant that she thought it was in her head.
“Laila! Laila!!” The voice called again this time louder and stronger.
“Laila wake up you’re drooling on your book and you have cello class to catch in 10 minutes.” This time the owner of the voice shook her vigorously and the scene with she and Ryan gradually dissipated as her eyes adjusted to the white walls, hushed talks coming from students scantily scattered in various directions, numerous shelves stacked with books, and reality hit her hard. She had fallen asleep whilst reading in the library with Sandra and she had just woken her up for them to leave. “The Competition, Julliard, Ryan was just a dream…” She muttered with a sigh. “One hell of a dream babe, one hell of a dream. You were even making kissing sounds…” a male voice said from behind her. She swiveled in her chair to lash out at the idiot who wouldn’t keep his stupid thoughts to himself and met face to face with the Ryan from his dreams. “Ryan! Wha…What are you doing here? She asked wishing immediately the words came out that she hadn’t asked such stupid question. “Well it’s a library what do you think?” He retorted and by the way, I’m Walter and I’m guessing you’re Laila. He said with that knowing smile playing at the corners of his mouth as he extended his hand in a friendly handshake. “Friends?” He asked as that familiar ray of hope flashed in his eyes. “Yeah I’m Laila and sure…Friends.” she replied as she took his hand in hers trying as much as possible to conceal her confusion and the shivers that ran up her spine.

THE END… HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY CELEBRATION…SPREAD THE LOVE…
PROMISE TO BRING YOU MORE STORIES…
You can always follow Lexastories on instagram : @lexastories
On Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/Lexastories/

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
lovingyouhun
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
lovingyouhun:
Thanks for mentioning me
Ur welcome dear
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
Cadec007

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
daragoldy
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Cadec007(m): 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
Lexastories:
Cadec007
thanks for the mention deary.....lovely update
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by enonche85(m): 6:02am On Feb 15, 2018
Equatornoni:

Finally, getting interesting

Pls u guys should stop quoting the whole part na!!!
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
enonche85:

the whole part na!!!

okay, sir.

lexastories, Do you have another story for us. I loved this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A / *sides Of Love* / Without His Approval: A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.