Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. (3998 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. by FreshLand: 9:45am On Apr 21, 2010
I have heard it several times: DISCOVER GOD'S PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE. But how I'm I going to do it? If any have an idea, pls pass it across

Thanks
Re: How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. by Snowwy: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2010
Hello FreshLand,
God primarily created us to bring Him pleasure and to have dominion over his other creations as is seen in Genesis 1:26:

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

and Revelation 4:11,
"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

However, the devil caused us to fall from this position God created us in and hence the coming of Jesus Christ was to reconcile man back to God as God desires our relationship with him.
This was the reason for His death on the cross.

After you receive Jesus into your life, we start to grow now as Sons of God to be one with him and show forth His praises. 1 Pet 2:9:

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Therefore, to now understand your purpose and calling, the word of God is the best guide to achieve this and having a time out/retreat will sure show you the way to fulfil that purpose. No one can tell you what your purpose is as you have to discover it yourself. You might already have an idea now but the confirmation can only be gotten from the Word.
When you know your purpose, then will you discover the essence for your living.
Re: How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. by moi2(f): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2010
Hi Freshland,
Discovering God's purpose for your life also takes time and not a one off experience, as we build our relationship with God personally in prayer and study of the word of God, He begins to reveal His plans and purposes to us. It is God who enables us discover that purpose. Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
Re: How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. by annyplenty(m): 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2010
The purpose of your life or that of any other person is to first seek the salvation of your soul by being in good term with God. After that, God can show you additional purpose for your life if you sincerely seek from Him.
Re: How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. by ednut1(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2010
Poster d truth is bitter, we cannot know what our purpose is. All we r chasing (money,education,cars,fame,houses) are just of man nt god. We live in world being controled by things i believe cant be god(haiti quake,tsunamis, starvations etc). Even the so called religions are of men nt god. As 4 those quoting bible jesus/god neva wrote or endorsed it. Diff pple wrote,edited,selected and compiled it and there r enough contradictions. So poster just live ur life in 200 yrs time our lives will mean noting
Re: How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. by jagunlabi(m): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
FreshLand:

I have heard it several times: DISCOVER GOD'S PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE. But how I'm I going to do it? If any have an idea, pls pass it across

Thanks
You will know the answer from within you. Whatever drives you on in life, whatever motivates you, whatever gives you deep fullfilment, is your purpose. Only you can know this and no other person. So look within and you will see it.
Re: How Can I Know God's Purpose For My Life. by kunletech: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2010
Everything on Earth has purpose of existing,
Take for instance raw Gold, it's not a shining object until when it pass through fire it will become a shining object, from there it can serve it purpose, Because it purpose was discover.
The same with human being, We are created with different gift of life, Some people discover there own when passing through difficulties and some discover there own through divine inspiration.
You can discover yours when you pray to God to guide your to discover your purpose and work hard on the things you like doing best.

(1) (Reply)

Imam Ali In His Own Words / Should female Christians Twerk? / Muslim Slaughter Man Who Converted ( Gruesome, Watch With Caution)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.