Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops (23148 Views)

You Are A Barefaced Treasury Looter - PDP To Ganduje / Did FG Lie Against Diezani Or She's Now A Baptized APC Saint Looter? - Fayose / Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by engineerboat(m): 6:46am On Feb 12, 2018
The Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has apologised to the Catholic bishops and Christians over his alleged comment that those who opposed President Muhammadu Buhari were corrupt Christian leaders who were unhappy because looters were no longer able to pay tithes to them.

Bello said he could never insult men of God as he had “tremendous respect for the Catholic Community.”

He said he would not do anything to disparage any religious organisation.

The governor was reacting to the criticism that greeted his comment in which he was quoted as carpeting the Catholic bishops who paid a visit to Buhari last week and expressed their misgivings about the President’s perceived nepotism and killings by Fulani herdsmen in parts of the country.

The governor said those criticising the President were those sympathetic to looters and that the bishops were angry because tithes were no longer coming from looters.

But Bello in statement signed on his behalf by his Director General of Media and Publicity, Kingsley Fanwo, said the reports that he disrespected the Catholic Community and its leaders was “another low by my detractors in their desperation to portray me as an irresponsible leader.”

He said, “My statements to the press were misconstrued and misrepresented but I take full responsibility for this as I tender my unreserved apology to the Catholic bishops and by extension my Christian brothers and sisters who are displeased with my statement on tithing.

“I recognise the enormous contributions of the Catholic Church to entrenching a social order which is devoid of corruption, oppression and in the promotion of socio-economic justice.”

Bello said he was confident that genuine religious leaders of all faith were united in Buhari’s fight against corruption, insisting that no good religion has a place for corruption and corrupt people.

He said, “The Catholic Church has done very well in promoting literacy and health care. I am quite familiar with a good number of Catholic priests and I know their stance on the issue of corruption. Every church and religion must fight corruption because corruption oppresses the poor and destroy justice and fairness.”

http://punchng.com/looter-tithes-comment-bello-apologises-to-catholic-bishops/amp/

1 Like

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by smellingmenses: 6:51am On Feb 12, 2018
Too Late!!!

144 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by SOFTENGR: 6:51am On Feb 12, 2018
You don cast yourself already.

150 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by pode(m): 6:51am On Feb 12, 2018
Guy we don't need your apology rather you have to seek forgiveness from God

94 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by aolawale025: 6:55am On Feb 12, 2018
Typical of someone who's power drunk and talks faster than he thinks

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by heffem(m): 6:56am On Feb 12, 2018
Age and Maturity are two different things.... Yahaya Bello grow up!

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by Donpresh95(m): 6:57am On Feb 12, 2018
BRAINLESS man that talks b4 thinking. Acts before Reasoning. Thunder will fire you well well when in future when this Fulani you are trying to please starts dishing out their plans and then YOU RUN BACK TO APOLOGIZE TO KOGI. YOU BETTER REVOKE THOSE LANDS NOW!!!

31 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:57am On Feb 12, 2018
ok apology accepted but go a step far to pay workers and pensioners in your state....this will help heal many wounds and improve your standings...please

10 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by EnEnPeecee: 7:00am On Feb 12, 2018
Useless man. in fact Useless boy because the fool doesn't act like a man.

I sympathise with kogi people for this unfortunate man that governs them

32 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by IamJames: 7:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Yahaya Bello doing everything to please the Caliphate. He should keep it up.

14 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by influenz: 7:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Errand boy!

The only way to send these errand boys packing is your PVC.

Have you gotten yours?

35 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by Sagamaje(m): 7:05am On Feb 12, 2018
Bello, chief Buharis errand boy and a great ass licker

12 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by nawtyme: 7:05am On Feb 12, 2018
I wonder how this guy is still the governor of Kogi despite not participating in the election.

27 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by DoyenExchange: 7:06am On Feb 12, 2018
Oga Bello don buy market! undecided

10 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by ZombieBuster: 7:10am On Feb 12, 2018
This dude is a disgrace to kogi people

He is immature
Irresponsible and knows nothing about governance

19 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 12, 2018
failed country back2daura2019

7 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by Omeokachie: 7:15am On Feb 12, 2018
A boy will always behave like a boy, even if you make him a president.

His handling of state affairs in Kogi and his utterances has shown that the "errand boy" still has some growing up to do.

16 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by Annie939(f): 7:26am On Feb 12, 2018
this is medicine after death yahaya bello should buried his head in shame

3 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by obinoral1179(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2018
He was lucky to be a governor..... Waiting for him to to win a proper elections.

2 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by samtinx(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2018
grin grin Na them,na dia nature be that,typical ebira people from kogi,na so them dey mumu up'an'dan come kadpoly for tudun wada,life with these people go tire u #isanaturalthing

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by SOFTENGR: 7:58am On Feb 12, 2018
samtinx:
grin grin Na them,na dia nature be that,typical ebira people from kogi,na so them dey mumu up'an'dan come kadpoly for tudun wada,life with these people go tire u #isanaturalthing
Hey guy

5 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by emmykey0128(m): 8:00am On Feb 12, 2018
This is the most useless governor in Nigeria, mumu errand boy, ass licker and buhari stooge, still wondering how he became a governor without participating in an election proper, I pity kogi people

14 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by simplemach(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2018
A lot of fools talk befor they think

10 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by kings09(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2018
Buhari don talk to am. Say Bello wan spoil him 2019 market

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2018
Accepted
Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by marvin904(m): 8:10am On Feb 12, 2018
i doubt you even mean the apology.. undecided undecided
nevertheless next time control the black whole you call a mouth
Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by chinawapz(m): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2018
No room for apology u don cast

2 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by Cyynthialove(f): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2018
Governor bELOW is an asss licking lunatic

5 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by spartan50(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2018
If this was said by a Christian I know how Christians would be dead by now. Christianity is a religion of peace...

9 Likes

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by ellalina(f): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2018
You are just another hellrifai in the making
Your end shall be worse than that of an ordinary man

1 Like

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by EmperorAlonzo1: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2018
Dis guy is really immature

1 Like

Re: Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops by kokomaster3d: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2018
This Governor cannot talk without mentioning Buhari's name in every sentence

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over Emergency Security Meeting (Photos) / What Are Economic Problems Facing Nigeria And Possible Solutions / Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.