Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? (18379 Views)

How Do I Make My Boerboel Dog More Aggressive / PITBULL Vs ROTTWEILER – Which Is More Powerful? / Tailed Rottweiler Or Docked Rottweiler, Which Do You Prefer And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by CanineInvestor(m): 7:27am On Feb 12, 2018
People looking for a dog to buy for security always have several questions to ask about the breed they are considering buying. I have been under intense questioning regarding the behaviour of many breeds of dogs like the German shepherd dog, Rottweilers and Caucasians mostly, rarely about other breeds.

Aggression in dogs can be classified into many behavioural areas which includes barking and showing aggression, biting and inflicting wounds on victims, being able to refuse a stranger vehemently, chasing intruders away etc.

I have been asked to describe a Caucasian compared to Rottweilers in terms of aggression and being able to perform security task. The truth is that before you compare both you need to know if the dogs will be guided or left on their own to perform.

I once wrote ( https://www.nairaland.com/4321997/proper-way-keep-care-caucasian ) about a Caucasian dog that chased his owner into the house (he was lucky to have escaped being bitten by the dog). The dog perceived him as a stranger because the man never came near him since he was acquired. I have gotten some serious rejection from some Caucasian dogs during the cause of my job as a vet also. Some get to like me later and some never did.

A funny incident happened with a Senator’s dog –a Rottweiler – who is so massive and aggressive that when he is opened at night you are advised to resist going outdoors. The dog only obeys the cook who feeds him. One night the security guy at the gate came out to urinate and the toilet was a separate building from his room. He was lucky that the dog was not near his door towards the toilet. He quickly ran into the toilet because he was very pressed only for the dog to notice some movement and came towards the gate. The dog probably heard the door to the toilet close and started to sniff the door and subsequently sat facing the door waiting for the guy to come out. To cut the long story short the guy ended up sleeping in the toilet till dawn.
I have received several calls from clients concerning dog bite involving a relation who came visiting them and got bitten by their dog somehow and also heard stories surrounding those incidents and other varied cases so that will form my basis for comparing the two breeds of dogs.

I must first emphasize that dogs of either breeds that is scarcely socialized will certainly be unpredictable in terms of aggression either to strangers or owners and handlers.

Caucasians dogs from my experience will be classified as “promise and deliver with some restrain”. If an aggressive Caucasian that is locked up barks at you nonstop for more than 5 minutes, when he is released will definitely chase and bite you. They might listen to their owners or handlers to stop after the first bite but certainly deaf before that. If the case is a Rottweiler that barked more than 5 minutes and released, he will chase and bite and may not stop without a physical intervention by the handler. He might be totally deaf to his name.

Caucasians like other dogs love to use their weight as advantage. If you have a Caucasian and a Rottweiler both males that grew together from puppy the tendency is that the bigger among them will try to dominate the other to become the pack leader. In this case I will describe the Rottweiler as the determined male and the Caucasian as a trouble maker. Caucasians will certainly bark more than the Rottweiler and might attack the Rottweiler if he attempts to bark first. Sorry, if this happens to your dogs the fight may not end quickly because Rottweilers are very determined dogs while the Caucasians are more of the extroverts that wants all the attentions to himself.

Rottweilers may prefer to lay ambush to an intruder while the Caucasian will readily announce his presence even before a stranger or an intruder gets close by continuously barking as a sign of warning.

In terms of aggression to family members who may not be well socialize to them but who they see around the house often. Rottweilers will tolerate the person touching him or getting close to him but when he decides he doesn’t want more please leave him alone or you might get a bite. In the case of Caucasians when they are puppies they will allow you touch them and play but when grown they might allow you around them but when you attempt to touch them, they might issue you some warning by growling at you and if you move further you do that at your risk.

Of course the both dogs share similarities like love for family or the household and defense against intruders in general. When properly socialized they can be perfect pet and security for the entire household. I just have to stop here. If you have more comparism please continue the conversation at the comment section. Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by gabinogem(m): 7:46am On Feb 12, 2018
I go with rott., they are more ruthless... But this pitbull will murder both of them.

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:03am On Feb 12, 2018
gabinogem:
I go with rott., they are more ruthless... But this pitbull will murder both of them.
grin

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by ksquare44(m): 1:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
gabinogem:

Why did you say the pit bull will murder both?
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by gabinogem(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
ksquare44:

Why did you say the pit bull will murder both?
cuz it's stronger & tougher than both dogs... grin

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by mercy348(m): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
There Is No How U Can Compare The Both, The Pitbull Is A Mastiff Dog While D Caucasian Is A Shepherd Dog. It Will Be Easy For A Caucasian To Win A Pitbull Or Even A Rottie.

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by rumenase(m): 10:38am On Feb 13, 2018
gabinogem:

there are many things people don't understand about pitts hence the over hype. they were bred to fight and they are fighters I agree but it does not mean they are the strongest digs in the world the thing that put them apart is that they don't give up they rather die than run away from a fight. I have seen a Bull mastiff mauled a pit bull people had to intervene to save the Pitt cos it would have ended up dead.

canineinvestor what's yur take on this

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by Otutu1(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
My bullmastiff is very quiet, hardly barks unless theres really an intruder. Anyone can touch him and he's very good with kids. One growl and both the rottweiler and caucasian will run for cover. To me he's the ultimate family dog. I have had only shepherd dogs all my life.

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by rumenase(m): 8:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
Otutu1:
My bullmastiff is very quiet, hardly barks unless theres really an intruder. Anyone can touch him and he's very good with kids. One growl and both the rottweiler and caucasian will run for cover. To me he's the ultimate family dog. I have had only shepherd dogs all my life.

that's typical of a bull mastiff but once they get angry they are unstoppable
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by CanineInvestor(m): 4:41am On Feb 14, 2018
rumenase:

there are many things people don't understand about pitts hence the over hype. they were bred to fight and they are fighters I agree but it does not mean they are the strongest digs in the world the thing that put them apart is that they don't give up they rather die than run away from a fight. I have seen a Bull mastiff mauled a pit bull people had to intervene to save the Pitt cos it would have ended up dead.

The Pit bull breed was originally developed as a fighting dog.

If the Pit bull gets in a fight with another breed of dog and tends to bite such dog , the bite would be very severe as they bite very deeply.

But if the other dog is a mastiff breed, he can outshine the Pit with his strength.

2 Likes

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by gabinogem(m): 10:23am On Feb 14, 2018
rumenase:

Nothing like over hype bro. Pitbull terrier & bullmastiff are in same dog category.

These dogs have their grade/ratings... They are all bred for different purposes. When I say a pitbull will murder those two dogs I wasn't exaggerating.
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by Eveezy(m): 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
gabinogem:
Nothing like over hype bro. Pitbull terrier & bullmastiff are in same dog category.

These dogs have their grade/ratings... They are all bred for different purposes. When I say a pitbull will murder those two dogs I wasn't exaggerating.
Have u owned any of those breeds? Or is ur conclusion coming from what others be said?
Someone with an aggressive German Shepherd that has Nt seen other aggressive dogs will still conclude that a German Shepherd is a killer dog

2 Likes

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by gabinogem(m): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
Eveezy:

Have u owned any of those breeds? Or is ur conclusion coming from what others be said?
Someone with an aggressive German Shepherd that has Nt seen other aggressive dogs will still conclude that a German Shepherd is a killer dog
lol...so one need to own these dogs before he/she knows their characteristics & capabilities!? grin
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by Eveezy(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
gabinogem:
lol...so one need to own these dogs before he/she knows their characteristics & capabilities!? grin
Honestly, yes! Physical features re different from behaviours, u cannot conclude by what u see on d Internet, when people who has had one on one experience is trying to give their point
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by AlphaK: 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pittbulls are so dangerous it has been banned in the United States

3 Likes

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by gabinogem(m): 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Eveezy:

Honestly, yes! Physical features re different from behaviours, u cannot conclude by what u see on d Internet, when people who has had one on one experience is trying to give their point
I've watched the blood sports of these dogs, thus I'm sharing my experience. grin
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by Eveezy(m): 9:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pitbulls re aggressive, they re fighting dogs, they re relentless, dt is true, but there re dogs dt will put a pit down.

Now Wat I stated above are actually what Pitbulls used to be, right now, most ped dogs re breeding stocks, ND dt traits ve been reduced.
I repeat don't judge by Wat u see in d Internet, pits re Nt dt ruthless as d Internet paints it to be
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by dorcky: 10:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
mercy348:
There Is No How U Can Compare The Both, The Pitbull Is A Mastiff Dog While D Caucasian Is A Shepherd Dog. It Will Be Easy For A Caucasian To Win A Pitbull Or Even A Rottie.

Caucasian is also a Russian mastiff and Shepard as an high breed .
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by rumenase(m): 12:20am On Feb 15, 2018
CanineInvestor:

The Pit bull breed was originally developed as a fighting dog.

If the Pit bull gets in a fight with another breed of dog and tends to bite such dog , the bite would be very severe as they bite very deeply.

But if the other dog is a mastiff breed, he can outshine the Pit with his strength.

we are in line
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by rumenase(m): 12:25am On Feb 15, 2018
gabinogem:

pitts and bull mastiff are like north and south pole very far from each other and not in the same bracket just check for the meaning of mastiff and see if pit bull fits into that category or is it the bull that both if them share that is causing this Flummox
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by gabinogem(m): 8:07am On Feb 15, 2018
rumenase:

pitts and bull mastiff are like north and south pole very far from each other and not in the same bracket just check for the meaning of mastiff and see if pit bull fits into that category or is it the bull that both if them share that is causing this Flummox
calm down mister man, I perfectly know they are not same breed, but there are some similar attributes they share ...
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by rumenase(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
gabinogem:
calm down mister man, I perfectly know they are not same breed, but there are some similar attributes they share ...

list them
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by mercy348(m): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2018
AlphaK:
Bros Forget, Even Kangal Was Banned. To Me Oh Pitbull Cannot Bring Down A Wolf Killer

2 Likes

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by talk2dboss: 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
Am i allow to comment ?

Well i have both a male rott and a female boerboel. Honestly speaking, please dont dare a Rott. Boerboels are very smart but a Rott is deadlier and more aggressive, hence a very good security dog.

My Boerboel barks at anything and is aggressive as well, but what people forget is that as they grow old, they become lazy or quiet.

Rotts are fearless animals.

Regarding a cauc, their size makes them look very intimidating and i can say that yes they are wild. But i have met some friendly caucs.

I have never met a friendly Rott

5 Likes

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by mercy348(m): 10:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
talk2dboss:
Am i allow to comment ?

Well i have both a male rott and a female boerboel. Honestly speaking, please dont dare a Rott. Boerboels are very smart but a Rott is deadlier and more aggressive, hence a very good security dog.

My Boerboel barks at anything and is aggressive as well, but what people forget is that as they grow old, they become lazy or quiet.

Regarding a cauc, their size makes them look very intimidating and i can say that yes they are wild. But i have met some friendly caucs.

Ehey I Have Also Come Across Friendly When I Went To Greet My Uncle In Abuja
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by tblackE61(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
talk2dboss:
Am i allow to comment ?

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by Baroba(m): 6:32am On Feb 16, 2018
AlphaK:

Steady bro, this is not true.. You might wanna read up on this one..
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by dorcky: 7:10am On Feb 16, 2018
talk2dboss:
Am i allow to comment ?

Bro aggression is a gene thing ... Not the breed . I have seen a madly aggressive Lhasa and also own a Caucasian with. Madly aggressive drive too .
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by gabinogem(m): 9:49am On Feb 16, 2018
rumenase:

list them
intelligence, sensitivity, prey drive, adaptability, intensity etc...
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by talk2dboss: 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
If you want a very aggressive dog, i can recommend 3 breeds:

1. Rott
2. Pitbull
3. Caucs

I really love Pitbulls cos when they grab/hold, they dont let go till they are satisfied. Even if you hit them or hurt them in the process, they still hold on the the prey.
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by Eveezy(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
AlphaK:
Lol, what is an American pit bull terrier? You are just talking ND dropping ideas dt are Nt facts. Like I said don't conclude cos others are saying it, do ur own personal research as well
Re: Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
an aggressive pit bull will be put down by an equally aggressive Caucasian or German Shepherd...the shepherds have body size and jaw strength and size in their Favour..that pit bulls are used in illegal dog fights does not mean that it is the strongest dog in the kernel..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My First Caucasian Dog / Siberian Husky In Nigeria / -imported Tibetan Mastiff Puppies For Sale-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.