Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (13365 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Deep Sight:

What insult did I offer you to warrant your diatribes? Did i utter one single insulting or derogatory word regarding you? Why must you fling insults simply because we question the words of your own infallible and perfect scriptures which succintly and explicity record that Yahweh convenes meetings with lying demons and reaches agreements with them for the deliberate propagation of falsehood?

Awww. You are insulted?  sad I am sorry. You have called me all sorts of twists and renditions of my Nairaland name(s) and I have never complained like this. Whatever.

I was extending a joke from e36991's joke, and forgot to place the @e36991 there.

e36991:

@Dim Sight Deep Sight

Ouch! Wallow in your Deep Shite mire!!

He said you should wallow in Deep ***** and I was joking that it was thanks to mashed beans (mazaje).

I apologize if you are offended. I am sorry.  cry cry cry Apologies to mazaje too.

Now to the matter at hand. . .

You said:

You jump to agree with anything said by a Christian and you fail to read and see that Noetic’s surmise actually contradicts yours. Grow your own mind and stop feeding off others.

Grow my own mind? Failed to read Noetic's surmise? Feeding off others? Jump to agree? This is laughable, Deep Sight. This is a discussion board and I presented my independent views, so if you want to discuss them, you will do well to single them out. Noetic has his views, and I don't agree with EVERYTHING he said, but I said he and Olaadegbu had done justice to it, AND I presented my own emphasis. I don't see what problems you have understanding that my views on Nairaaland are nothing but my own.

Now, as to my post, you don't seem to know what you mean, or else you are shifting goalposts again.

Hehehe I knew that thread would come in useful someday.

On one of InesQor's first Nairaland threads, InesQor said concerning the origins of Good and Evil:

Deep Sight:

Yes, Light is self-existent; but not so darkness. It is impossible for there to be complete darkness, speaking scientifically. It is only possible to have a highly reduced amount of light. Thus there could never have been a time of complete darkness (Satan's existentiality), AS WELL as a time of complete self-existent light (which would have dispelled the darkness). This is why I say that the concept of darkness was in existence, but darkness itself was not.

and Deep Sight replied:

Please read this quoted above again and realize instantly that it is a wholesale concession that both darkness and light are self-existent, eternal and uncreated.

And since you state that Satan is the personification of darkness then you imply that Satan has always existed and is therefore uncreated.

We are going round in circles.

InesQor had said, and Deep Sight quoted:

Please note that darkness is not the absence of light. Darkness is that which to an extent denies the influence of light in a location. There is no such thing as "darkness" in its essential form (without reference to the light it has denied).

Light (visible light) is always present, and has always been present. It's just that our eyes don't take in enough light to see in "dark" places. So "complete darkness" would be the complete absence of light (impossible, since light is primeval). But darkness as we perceive it is better expressed as a "lack of light", to varying degrees.

And Deep Sight replied

Is there any such thing as “light” in its essential form without reference to the darkness which it is the reverse of?

Can either exist without reference to the other?

Can there exist a concept of “up” without the reverse and simultaneous existence of a concept of “down.?”

Does it make any sense to suggest that at some point in time, only “up” existed and “down” did not exist?

I hope you see what I am getting at – none of these can exist without the parallel and simultaneous existence of the reverse.

But now when it is convenient, Deep Sight finds it easy to forget his own beliefs that, in his own words, "there is an eternal darkness / light duality".

What a joke.

In my opinion, God's Word is the Truth. He cannot lie, because whatever HE SAYS is the Truth. A man or a spirit may work in a contrary means but it would all just add up to the truth on the global and eternal scale. It's like a sculpture: you chip off the waste and get the sculpture. The waste and WHAT is left are all a part of the marble block you started out with. Without the other, either one would make no sense.

And that's it.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
^^^ Nothing I said as quoted above is of any help to you:

For the simple reason that I was advancing MY OWN VIEW of God and existence and within that view Light and Darkness are self existent.

That IS NOT the view advanced by the Bible -

The Bible claims that God is ALL GOOD and is the perfect Truth.

It also claims that he created satan.

It further claims that Light has no association with darkness.

THIS VIEW IS SUMMARLY AND COMPLETELY AT VARIANCE WITH A GOD WHO WOULD HOB-NOB WITH DEMONS AND FINALIZE PLANS TO DISTRIBUTE DELIBERATE LIES.

SO WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? ? ?

Did you think before your last post?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Deep Sight:

Oh boy, I dey busy right now but let me just reply you once more.  grin grin grin

See who's talking about insults.

SINCE you do not have eyes to read, I will quote it again for you

Did you think before your last post?

LOL. Keep your shirt on o, this no be garage fight.  cheesy

For the simple reason that I was advancing MY OWN VIEW of God and existence and within that view Light and Darkness are self existent.

LMAO okay now I see that you are shifting goalposts to say that the God you refer to is not the God I refer to. Well understood. But in InesQor's thread, you were actually telling ME, in that post I quoted, what you BELIEVED is true about the God I refer to as God, and not about your OOI Deity. Should I exhume the thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-402063.0.html

The Bible claims that God is ALL GOOD and is the perfect Truth.

It also claims that he created satan.

It further claims that Light has no association with darkness.

THIS VIEW IS SUMMARLY AND COMPLETELY AT VARIANCE WITH A GOD WHO WOULD HOB-NOB WITH DEMONS AND FINALIZE PLANS TO DISTRIBUTE DELIBERATE LIES.

SO WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? ? ?
You must be reading the Bible the wrong way around, then. As an exercise, reflect on the meanings of Good and Truth. They can only have ONE absolute meaning and everything else defers in respect to that absolute meaning. That absolute meaning is in God, and every other thing works out to ensure its absolute, from lying spirits to truthful entities to humans with their own "free-will".

And if you truly want to understand my views, I already presented it in the latter part of my most previous post: about the sculptures.

If you disagree with that, no qualms. Enjoy yourself cheesy
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
InesQor:

You must be reading the Bible the wrong way around, then. As an exercise, reflect on the meanings of Good and Truth. They can only have ONE absolute meaning and everything else defers in respect to that absolute meaning. That absolute meaning is in God, and every other thing works out to ensure its absolute, from lying spirits to truthful entities to humans with their own "free-will".

Fraudulent. Inescapably, and deeply fraudulent.

For the simple reason that in that passage your God explicity states that he wants A LIE to be propagated.

He understands it clearly to be FALSEHOOD - and he does not shirk from it.

Here are his words again - "Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'By what means?' And he said, 'I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go forth and do so.' Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets"

So your God KNEW that he was dabbling in LIES - as he himslef called the intention "a lying spirit" - SO YOU CANNOT CLAIM THAT WHATEVER COMES FROM HIM IS TRUTH.

That is fraud, and nothing but fascist dictatorship - because if God came out tomorrow and declared that he never asked Aabraham to sacrifice his son - you will claim that once he has said so, the it s the truth - as anything he says must be true.

Your God has denied your claims by stating above that he was sending "a lying spirit."

Thus Yahweh, as depicted in the bible, in addittion to being an advocate of genocide and ethnic cleansing, is also a conspirator with demons and invoker of lying spirits.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
Something InesQor said on that old thread. I think it may help to understand what I am saying here, I dunno

jagunlabi:

The question now is, "where is the universal/cosmic law that says that a creator has to be only good 100% of the time?".Is it good to be good 100% of the time or is it bad?
Does it serve the right purpose to create a world that is all good and no negative?Of course, this leads us to the question of what the purpose of the creation of the physical universe really serves.It all hinges on the purpose of creation which still remain, to a very large extent, shrouded in complete mystery.

I think the real question is "What is good? What does it mean, and what does it entail?". As mortals we tend to think of good as "whatever favours me", but I guess its not like that on a cosmic scale. Here is the wikipedia entry on "good".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good
Good as an adjective

* expressing usefulness (of objects, "good for"wink
   * expressing expertise (of persons, "good at"wink
   * expressing morality or altruism (of persons)

I believe none other than an initial creator can establish the usefulness, expertise and morality (accurate conduct) and altruism (selfless harmony) involved in the creation. The perfection of the creation may involve some elements that appear "evil" to us as men, but on the creator's scale, they are "good".

As you noted, this all hangs upon the PURPOSE of the creation, which is shrouded in great mystery. But only God, the creator, would understand this mysteriously shrouded purpose, and whatever he deems in harmonious consonance with that purpose is good, whatever is not is evil.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2010
InesQor:

Something InesQor said on that old thread. I think it may help to understand what I am saying here, I dunno

I think the real question is "What is good? What does it mean, and what does it entail?". As mortals we tend to think of good as "whatever favours me", but I guess its not like that on a cosmic scale. Here is the wikipedia entry on "good".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good
Good as an adjective

* expressing usefulness (of objects, "good for"wink
    * expressing expertise (of persons, "good at"wink
    * expressing morality or altruism (of persons)

I believe none other than an initial creator can establish the usefulness, expertise and morality (accurate conduct) and altruism (selfless harmony) involved in the creation. The perfection of the creation may involve some elements that appear "evil" to us as men, but on the creator's scale, they are "good".

As you noted, this all hangs upon the PURPOSE of the creation, which is shrouded in great mystery. But only God, the creator, would understand this mysteriously shrouded purpose, and whatever he deems in harmonious consonance with that purpose is good, whatever is not is evil.

This is NOT helpful in the least. This again is the height of FRAUD.

The summary of what you have written is that REGARDLESS of what God does or says, such actions are ALWAYS GOOD AND  SUCH STATEMENTS ARE ALWAYS THE TRUTH.

In the first place, God as depicted in the Bible has denied this statement of yours because he is recorded as stating that he will send spirits of falsehood to certain men. This is quoted in the OP.

Secondly and more cardinally, this is a fascist excuse designed to defend whatever your God does under the LAME excuse that the purpose is a “mysteriously shrouded purpose,” which no person can decipher.

Accordingly when Yahweh issues injunctions to ethnic genocide, mass plunder and destruction, we are all to sit back with sealed lips and imagine that there is a good “mysteriously shrouded purpose,” which such is meant for.

When will you wake up and recognise that ALL of these ridiculous flip-flops are the flip-flops of MEN which they have written in your book of myths and ascribed to God? Why are you determined to live your life based on the lies and fantasies of deluded patriarchal, ethnic-jingoist ancient Hebrews? Just why?

Now that you have seen their equivalent of Sango pathetically consorting with demons and instructing them to spread deliberate lies, you are pathetically defending this by saying that “whatever God does is good and true. . .”

How can a lying God require Truth from his worshippers?

Did he ever hear of setting bad examples?

Most cardinally how can such an entity inspire reverence and worship when he contrives such lies and imagines that humanity should be content to believe that there is a "mysteriously shrouded purpose" for such falsehoods. . .

I repeat; such "mysteriously shrouded purposes" are the lingo of POLITICIANS.

Is Yahweh a Politician?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2010
^^

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
^^^ Exactly depicts Inesqor's fraudulence -

Because in his argument EVERYTHING the Bible-God did - no matter how inhuman and barbaric - must be deemed good.

That's ridiculous.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2010
Please, you people should stop persecuting the christian doctrine!Lol! grin wink

Seriously, though, the christian NL "warriors" will be well advised to stop typing any new sentences on this topic in defence of yahweh hence they keep on shooting themselves in the foot. Everytime they type something, they seem to unintentionally commit harakiri.

It must be terrible to have to defend a despicable being who took pride in documenting - in no uncertain terms - to the whole world just how vile he was in those days.Yahweh was a vile, lying piece of . . . , and he truly enjoyed every minute of it. Let's just leave it at that.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Deep Sight: Ok. You have done well. I thought you were asking for my views on the matter but once again I have misjudged your purposes. I would have ignored the thread (because I know mazaje), if not for your post in #2 or so.

You plainly seek an avenue for an argument, (and I no longer have time to waste on such nowadays) because now you are asking me WHY God did what he did, and unfortunately I am not one of those that try to use numbers to explain away their God's intents and getting stuck everytime.

I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt when you ask for my views but you always end up doing "this". They are MY views according to the Biblical scriptures, and you will please simply recognize, disagree with, or ignore them.

Dont ask for them only to start an argument that will never end because neither of us has all the answers, or at least I dont. I wonder WHY you ask these questions if you believe you have the answers. Easy does it.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2010
InesQor:

@Deep Sight: Ok. You have done well. I thought you were asking for my views on the matter but once again I have misjudged your purposes. I would have ignored the thread (because I know mazaje), if not for your post in #2 or so.

You plainly seek an avenue for an argument, (and I no longer have time to waste on such nowadays) because now you are asking me WHY God did what he did, and unfortunately I am not one of those that try to use numbers to explain away their God's intents and getting stuck everytime.

I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt when you ask for my views but you always end up doing "this". They are MY views according to the Biblical scriptures, and you will please simply recognize, disagree with, or ignore them.

Dont ask for them only to start an argument that will never end because neither of us has all the answers, or at least I dont. I wonder WHY you ask these questions if you believe you have the answers. Easy does it.

I have deep respect for you and I truly mean it. . . .I understand your explanations. . . . Even though it sounds silly to me but it was borne out of what the passage was talking about. . . .I've noticed that you read the bible and make your own conclusions based on what it says, you don't usual go the extra mile of joining one and two together to make sense out of what is written. . .What i find incredible and laughable is when people go to ridiculous extent to say what the bible does not even say in order to justify their own opinions about what is written in the bible. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by PastorAIO: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2010
If I had time as I used to in the days of yore, I would start a thread on the evolution of Yahweh.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2010
Pastor AIO:

If I had time as I used to in the days of yore, I would start a thread on the evolution of Yahweh.

Pls do i will be very interested in it. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
If only Marcion had been successful in his attempt to cut yahweh out of the christian doctrine in the early days of christianity, modern day christians would have been spared of the frustrating tasks of propping up a jewish deity that has become an embarrassment, redundant, meaningless and out of place in this modern era. A deity that still hold meaning in worlds that are just as out of place as himself. . .  places like nigeria. . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2010
Extract From Wiki's History of the word "Yahweh"

Originated among the Israelites?

A more fundamental question is whether the name Yahweh originated among the Israelites or was adopted by them from some other people and speech.[87]

The biblical author of the history of the sacred institutions (P) expressly declares that the name Yahweh was unknown to the patriarchs (Exod. vi. 3), and the much older Israelite historian (E) records the first revelation of the name to Moses (Exod. iii. 13-15), apparently following a tradition according to which the Israelites had not been worshippers of Yahweh before the time of Moses, or, as he conceived it, had not worshipped the god of their fathers under that name.[citation needed]

The revelation of the name to Moses was made at a mountain sacred to Yahweh, (the mountain of God) far to the south of Canaan, in a region where the forefathers of the Israelites had never roamed, and in the territory of other tribes. Long after the settlement in Canaan this region continued to be regarded as the abode of Yahweh (Judg. v. 4; Deut. xxxiii. 2 sqq.; I Kings xix. 8 sqq. &c).

Moses is closely connected with the tribes in the vicinity of the holy mountain Mount Horeb. According to the Book of Exodus, Moses married a daughter of the priest of Midian (Exod. ii. 16 sqq.; iii. 1). It is to this mountain he led the Israelites after their deliverance from Egypt. There his father-in-law met him, and extolling Yahweh as greater than all the gods, offered sacrifices, at which the chief men of the Israelites were his guests. In the holy mountain the religion of Yahweh was revealed through Moses, and the Israelites pledged themselves to serve God according to its prescriptions.

It appears, therefore, that in the tradition followed by the Israelite historians, the tribes within whose pasture lands the mountain of God stood were worshipers of Yahweh before the time of Moses. The surmise that the name Yahweh belongs to their speech, rather than to that of Israel, is a significant possibility. One of these tribes was Edom, another Midian, between whose lands the mountain of God lay. The Kenites also, with whom another tradition connects Moses, seem to have been worshipers of Yahweh, but the Amalek who were great enemies of Israel were not a part of the covenant to be law abiding.

Petroglyphs evidencing that Yahweh (El, Al, Allah, Iah) was at one time reverenced by various tribes near Palestine in the Seir, the mountain chain running between Mount Horeb and Hammath, in Sinai and the Negev, have been found at Serabit el Khadim. Emanual Anasti has found several cultic places in that territory (Horeb, Sinai, Kadesh, &c.)that were sacred to the various powers of secular lord, wind, storm, water in the desert, fire and smoke that these glyphs represented. The oldest and most famous of these, the mountain of God, Mount Horeb seems to have lain in Arabia, at the juncture of the Arabah with the Gulf of Aqabah of the Red Sea at Elat. From some of these peoples and at one of these holy places, a group of Israelite tribes adopted the religion of Yahweh, the power who, by the hand of Moses, had delivered them from Egypt.[88]

The tribes of this region probably belonged to some branch of the Arabian desert Semitic stock, and accordingly, the name Yahweh has been connected with the Arabic hawa, the void (between heaven and earth), "the atmosphere, or with the verb hawa, cognate with Heb; Hawah, "sink, glide down (through space)"; and hawwa "blow (wind)". "He rides through the air, He blows" (Wellhausen), would be a fit name for a god of wind and storm. There is, however, no certain evidence that the Israelites in historical times had any consciousness of the primitive significance of the name.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by fashionkid(m): 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2010
Listen folks,God has d power 2 command spirits.Remember dt those spirit lied didn't mean they are lying spirits.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2010
fashionkid:

Listen folks,God has d power 2 command spirits.Remember dt those spirit lied didn't mean they are lying spirits.

So what you are saying is that Yaweh commanded the spirits to lie. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by fashionkid(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2010
Also remember that d purpose of that encounter was 2 lead ahab 2 his doom because of his sins.Yahweh wil not lie 2 d good.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2010
fashionkid:

Also remember that d purpose of that encounter was 2 lead ahab 2 his doom because of his sins.Yahweh wil not lie 2 d good.

I thought the bible also says that yahweh sent evil spirits to torment samuel?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by fashionkid(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
Not samuel but Saul,God sent evil spirit 2 torment saul because saul has sinned.pls read it wit an open mind.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2010
fashionkid:

Not samuel but Saul,God sent evil spirit 2 torment saul because saul has sinned.pls read it wit an open mind.

Thanks for the correction. . .Saul I wanted to say. . .So lying to people because they disobey you is a good thing eh?. . .Interesting. . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by fashionkid(m): 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2010
The keyword is nt lying, it is judgement.i wil send u some scriptural verses 2 consider.pls dnt misunderstand this.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
@mazaje.
u're asking a stupid question.hw did u even make it 2 nairaland.i wonder hw u knw hw 2 browse and i wonder if u av a job.askin me a sily question and postin a sily thread.why nt read the whole bible.
mazaje1:

Whose exactly is this dolt . . .Shut up!!!
idiot.off i go.prayin 4 u
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

@mazaje.
u're asking a silly question.hw did u even make it 2 nairaland.i wonder hw u knw hw 2 browse and i wonder if u av a job.askin me a sily question and postin a sily thread.why nt read the whole bible.idiot.off i go.prayin 4 u

SHUT UP!!!!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
mazaje1:

SHUT UP!!
honestly speakin i laugh weneva u utter d word shut up.somtin drop 2 my mind nw.ok am sori 4 all dose insult bt i dont lik dat thread.dat name u mention is mor dan wat u tink.i dont mean 2 hurt u bt i must tell u d truth'pls read d whole chapter of dat scripture&try 2 understand y GOD did dat.bt WAT WI U DO IF U FIND OUT DAT WAT U BELEIVE IS A LIE
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Mudley313: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
dude, I simply asked a question . . . . .do u have a brain at all? . . . , if u do, please use it.

um, atleast i know i have far more of a brain than a grown azz adult who believes in absurdities n fairy tales
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

honestly speakin i laugh weneva u utter d word shut up.somtin drop 2 my mind nw.ok am sori 4 all dose insult bt i dont lik dat thread.dat name u mention is mor dan wat u tink.i dont mean 2 hurt u bt i must tell u d truth'pls read d whole chapter of dat scripture&try 2 understand y GOD did dat.bt WAT WI U DO IF U FIND OUT DAT WAT U BELEIVE IS A LIE

Sorry if I insulted you in any way too. . . .I am willing and ready to accept whatever the outcome if my beliefs are wrong. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
mazaje1:

Forget Noetic and his weird mental somersault and gymnastics. . . .Noetic will say things that the bible never says just to explain absurdity away. . . There was a time we had an argument about Jephthah and his daughter whom the bible says he sacrificed as a burnt offering unto yahweh, Do you know that noetic denied what was written in the bible, He said the girl was not offered unto yahweh as a burnt offering even when the bible VERY CLEARLY says that she was offered as a burnt offering unto yahweh. . .He quickly alluded to some obscure verses in the book of samuel and equated her sacrifice to that of samuel grin. . . .When I showed him what the bible actually said he came up with another excuse that yahweh did not request for her to be sacrificed and that the sacrifice was out of Jephthah's free will even when his initial argument was that she was not sacrificed as a burnt offering unto yahweh. . . .

There is no need beating and defending ancient myths that were written by different people of an advancing culture who all had different idea's or notion of who their god is supposed to be. . . .Even the bible does NOT projects a coherent version of who the god it is talking about. . . .To some of the writers yahweh is a blood thirsty dictator, to others he is a loving father that knows no evil, so some he is just like them, he sometimes does evil and apologizes for the evil he did. . . .To some of them he is all powerful and can do all things, to others he is limited in his power, These different notion of the writers of the bible is why there are countless contradictions in the nature and personality of Yahweh. . . .People do not care at all because just like the bible writers they just pick and choose which attributes of yahweh best fits into the version of god they have been made to believe or that which matches with their experiences. . .Those that subscribe to the WOF version see yahweh as this all loving, all protecting, all good, all providing god that will always provide and protect them. . .To them they are yahweh' loving pets and yahweh is a loving god that can not hurt a fly. . . To those of them that believe in fire and brimstone version of christianity, Yahweh is vile, spiteful, malevolent who will kill all the unbelievers and they tag this attribute they assing to yahweh as Justice grin grin. . .

did God ask Jephtah to sacrifice his daughter? . . . .the moment u stop being honest in debates. . . .u have lost all credibility.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2010
@ Mazaje

So yahweh lives and meets with angels and host from hell and sends the host from hell to carry out his dirty works for him eh?. . .Interesting. . .I thought the bible says that light(Yahweh and his angles) and darkness(Satan and his own angles) can not live together because there is nothing that joins light with darkness or is this one of the many contradictions that abound in the bible?. . . .

1. why dont u ask for the explicit ontology of God. . .before u start spilling out ur unfortunate ignorance. All things that exist, whether in light or darkness are subject to the authority of God. . . . .to think otherwise is to have no idea of the ontological nature of God.

2. When the bible says nothing joins light and darkness, it talks about will, judgement, nature but NOT about authority cos God still reigns supreme.

Where in the story did it say that the attendees included host from hell?. . .The story makes no mention of host from hell or earth and so it remains(your mental gymnastics will not help you here). . . .Unless if you are trying to say that you are privy to information the author of the story isn't. . .The story in Job was very clear who the members in attendance were. . .Yahweh apparently had a penchant for putting lying spirits into people, because a less detailed, but similar incident is related in Isaiah 37:7 and 2 Kings 19:7. . . . .the pitting of scripture against scripture is a logically unsound way to protect the inerrancy doctrine as you are trying to do here, because it is a tactic that seeks to prove inerrancy by assuming inerrancy. "Your passage can't mean what you are saying it means," is what your argument implies, "because a passage over here very clearly teaches thus-and-so." What you are saying in essence is that if your passage means what you claim it means and if mine means what I claim it means, then there is a contradiction in the bible, and that can't be because to you and the beliefs you hold the bible does not contradict itself. . . . .That's what biblical inerranist like you claim all the time. . .You make things up and say things the bible does not even say to explain absurdity away. . . .

The above is unfortunately ridiculous and shows a contempt and disdain for knowledge. what would be the basis of the faith of xtians if God had no authority over dark forces?

can u just pause and think before posting at all?

Yahweh does not want his "chosen men" to go to war and the best he can do is consult lying spirits and encourage them to go lie to the king eh?. . .Interesting. . . .How then do you reconcile this event with the kings free will? or did free will not exist at that time Grin. . . .The mental gymnastic you guys use to explain absurdity away is pathetic. . .This is what the passage says in case you forgot. . . "And Yahweh said, Who shall entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?"

what has free-will got to do with the counsel Ahab received from the prophets? are u confused?

Did you not read where it says" Yahweh put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets"?. . .It did not say that they lied or made a false prophecy on their own free will but the passage says that it was yahweh that put the lying spirit in their mouths meaning they had no control of the lies and were just lying because yahweh wanted them to tell lies. . . .So yahweh sends lying spirits into people and makes them to tell lies once they lie he commands that they be killed eh?. . .Interesting how this yahweh character is I must say. . . .Yahweh intends to separate the false from the true prophets and the best he can do is send lying spirits into the mouths of the prophets and make them tell lies eh?. . .interesting

A little objectivity and honesty on ur part will reveal that prior to that encounter the king deduces from his conversation with Jehosaphat that the other 400 prophets were natural liars who always tells the king what he wants to hear?. . implying that they are false prophets. . . .why did u not deduce that from the passage?

Since u knwo so much about Yahweh . . .how does He choose to expose false prophets?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2010
noetic16:

did God ask Jephtah to sacrifice his daughter? . . . .the moment u stop being honest in debates. . . .u have lost all credibility.

Actually the debate was NOT about Jephthah' weather yahweh asked for the girl to be sacrificed or not, You said that she was NOT killed and offered as a burnt offering unto Yahweh even when the bible VERY CLEARLY said that she was killed and offered as a burnt offering unto Yahweh. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
noetic16:

@ Mazaje

1. why dont u ask for the explicit ontology of God. . .before u start spilling out your unfortunate ignorance. All things that exist, whether in light or darkness are subject to the authority of God. . . . .to think otherwise is to have no idea of the ontological nature of God.

Now we are back to ontology again. . . .Will you stop shooting yourself on your foot?. . .So host from hell can be summoned upon to go about carrying out yahweh's dirty laundry eh?. . . .How do you reconcile that to the free will concept you guys keep bandying around?. . . . grin

2. When the bible says nothing joins light and darkness, it talks about will, judgement, nature but NOT about authority cos God still reigns supreme.

. . . . .

The above is unfortunately ridiculous and shows a contempt and disdain for knowledge. what would be the basis of the faith of xtians if God had no authority over dark forces?

can u just pause and think before posting at all?

what has free-will got to do with the counsel Ahab received from the prophets? are u confused?

A little objectivity and honesty on your part will reveal that prior to that encounter the king deduces from his conversation with Jehosaphat that the other 400 prophets were natural liars who always tells the king what he wants to hear?. . implying that they are false prophets. . . .why did u not deduce that from the passage?

Since u knwo so much about Yahweh . . .how does He choose to expose false prophets?

. . . . .What exactly is it you are saying?. . . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
mazaje1:

Now we are back to ontology again. . . .Will you stop shooting yourself on your foot?. . .So host from hell can be summoned upon to go about carrying out yahweh's dirty laundry eh?. . . .How do you reconcile that to the free will concept you guys keep bandying around?. . . . grin

. . . . .

. . . . .What exactly is it you are saying?. . . . .

enjoy ur folly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. / Peace And Safety, The Rapture Is Here / Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.