Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists (27405 Views)

Landlady Hires Robbers To Rob Tenant In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by AutoJoshNG: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
The Lagos Marathon may have come and gone, but it did not end without leaving a trail of some sad events. For instance, robbers took advantage of the marathon to unleash violence on some innocent citizens.

Here is one story, as was reported by the relative of a victim.

At the traffic hold-up at the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, my Cousin, Toju Uwatse, was attacked by robbers. The robbers took advantage of the heavy traffic jam caused by the Lagos marathon.

He, together with a friend, who was in the vehicle with him, were stabbed several times and their vehicle smashed.

Apparently, the robbers observed that they had just arrived into the country via the Murtala International Airport. This was made more evident as the vehicle was carrying several suitcases.

My cousin tried to get the attention of a vehicle with diplomatic registration plates so the police officers and security operatives will come to his aid but to no avail.

He had to fight for his dear life defending his face and chest while being punched and stabbed on his arms.

It was a 17-minute battle. The robbers made away with valuables such as laptops, phones jewelries and other expensive items.

There was no way for my cousin to escape, as the traffic was at a standstill for several hours. It was a traumatic experience,

Several other vehicles were also robbed. Simply, the criminals had a field day.

Mr. Toju is currently receiving treatment in the hospital.

https://autojosh.com/robbers-took-advantage-lagos-marathon-rob-stranded-motorists/

Watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU8QqX_Hfn4

2 Likes

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Baawaa(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
Just imagine,those Policemen that suppose to be on the road to secure life and properties are doing boy boy behind politicians

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Loyalblak007(f): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
Robbers are always robbing in Lagos.Any slight chance at a large body of gathering,Is the best shot for them.Weren't there securities during the marathon ni?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by dingbang(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
Person like me no go even comot that day self. I go just dey house

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by kestolove95(m): 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
lagos maradoom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Edopesin: 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
Fake News

Believe At Your Own Peril

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Narldon: 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ok
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Jinyjagz(m): 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
as expected.
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by seuncyrus(m): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
chai
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by bejick(m): 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
Edopesin:
Fake News
I

I want to believe you are one of the robbers, pls give us your own version.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by FTrebirth(m): 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Edopesin:
Fake News

fooolani herdsman spotted!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by don4real18(m): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2018
bejick:

I want to believe you are one of the robbers, pls give us your own version.
That's rash
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Lagos! Home for the mad

very mad city

2 Likes

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by biacan(f): 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
dingbang:
Person like me no go even comot that day self. I go just dey house
Common go out go find food wey we go chop undecided
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by fajob: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
ok
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2018
eko o ni baje
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by OboOlora(f): 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
Foolish robbers! How did they miss that chain on ur wrist?

1 Like

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
OboOlora:
I thought you have common sense

6 Likes

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by chuks34(m): 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Na wa o I can't help but imagine the loss of the valuables.
All the same thank God for life

1 Like

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by micflo28(m): 11:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
bjhaid:
it was dispossessed of her at the marathon traffic cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by oyetunder(m): 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
what a nation.
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by EmmaLege: 12:15am On Feb 13, 2018
bjhaid:

grin
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by madjune(m): 12:29am On Feb 13, 2018
Dey there dey entertain Lagos onlookers with your blood rather than go to the hospital for treatment

It's always like this on that Oshodi road when you driving a cool car and looking affluent.
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Origin(f): 12:50am On Feb 13, 2018
You might have to consider that the thieves were on a mission to rob you, if no one else was affected.

They probably knew you were coming into town that day. You might have to check your inner circle.......

That's if no one else was robbed.

1 Like

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by okerekeikpo: 1:45am On Feb 13, 2018
This one never see anything,Lagos is a crazy city
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by BE811APP: 3:14am On Feb 13, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by FakoMaybach1: 3:43am On Feb 13, 2018
Ambode is doing a very poor job, lagos is unsafe, dirty, and inhabitable...all the successes of fashola has been eroded by his incompetence

Governance is not by putting up billboards with ur face at every given opportunity, let ur work speak for u...it pains me that Lagosians will vote with sentiment

From Baddoo, to the school kidnapping, to the refuse down to the increased robbery it is obvious that Ambode is doing a very very poor job managing Lagos

3 Likes

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by pol23: 4:44am On Feb 13, 2018
Eko for show...
Saying Nigeria lacks security is just stating the obvious..
But when a friend was telling me about New York,I be like shu...
All this criminal act is normal in a city...Lagos will only be like Ikire without this criminals...they keep the city on check...Yes I have had several portion of their activity.
i.they've stolen my number plate.
ii.phone..
iiiMy gf entered one chance...still I say Eko oni Baje oo

2 Likes

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Ijaya123: 5:17am On Feb 13, 2018
OboOlora:

Are you always this daft?

2 Likes

Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by tballeyy(m): 5:35am On Feb 13, 2018
Why u dey report to NLD?
Over to u eguje people
Re: How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists by Afritop(m): 5:48am On Feb 13, 2018
jerrythafinisher:
eko o ni baje
It's not easy to say Eko o ni baje after you got robbed in lagos traffic

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Illegal Oil Bunkery: Military Destroys Creek At Ibeto In Rivers State (Photos) / Nigeriens Arrested For Robbery In Nigeria (photo) / My Life Is In Danger – Man Who Rescued Kidnap Victim In Lagos Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.