Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife (2410 Views)

Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by VBCampaign: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
The Evil Nurse

(A True Story)

by An Anonymous Contributor to the Deji Yesufu's Magazine Page

It was a mixed feeling I had; Looking at my beautiful baby gave me joy unspeakable, but the fact that my wife was still in the delivery room about an hour after she had put to bed gave me some serious concern.

It was our first child. My wife had registered for antenatal in a private hospital near our house. It was convenient, and so, she didn't miss any appointment. We anxiously waited for our baby. However, the experience was never going to be pleasant.

Finally, the D-day came. It was a long day for us. the labour pains started quite mildly at about 3 am on the 23rd of January 2017. I was alone in the house with my wife. At about 6 am, my wife called her mum and explain the situation. She encouraged my wife to remain calm, and that it will still take several hour before the baby will descend. By 10 am, we where at the hospital.

The head nurse on duty was quite friendly and seems to know her job. She checked my wife at intervals and gave encouraging update. The baby was descending steadily. All was well. But this was not the case for the woman who sheared the same room with my wife. She had been in labour for too long, and had to be induced. The pain was excruciating. She would scream each time the baby pushed.

The spiral to our ugly experience started when the head nurse closed for the day, and another took her place. The latter was given all the necessary update even in my presence. She was set for her duties. She was hasty.

However, there was something quite unusual about the new head nurse; she was eccentric; she was a sadist. She asked everyone to leave the room (including me), even though I had told her that I will like to witness the delivery( a decision I would have regretted perhaps).

She took my wife into the delivery room, and after about an hour, the baby was out. She (the baby) was taken to a separate room, and one of the nurses came to shear the good news with me. My baby was adorable. I was overwhelmed with joy. We just kept admiring her, together with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

About an hour later, my wife was still not out. I asked one of the nurses, and she told me that the doctor was stitching her tear. I thought it was the normal tear associated with first babies. After some time, "I need to see things for myself" I said. So, I went close to the door which was ajar and peeped. Alas! What I saw was gory and scary. The doctor was still stitching, and the blood on the floor was unbelievable. Meanwhile, the look on my wife's face revealed the excruciating pains she was going through. I quickly went back to see my baby for consolation.

She was wheeled out after about 1 hour 30 minutes. She was very weak. It was the next day she was able to narrate all that had happened. The evil nurse asked her to push while the baby was still two centimetres away from the cervix. And that action resulted in a serious cervical tear. As she narrated her ordeal, it was clear that she went through hell. Immediately, I made up my mind that I was not going to pay anything above what is charged for normal delivery.

But sadly, after all verbal accusations and counter accusations by my mother-in-law and the owner of the hospital, - because I was not present when my wife was discharge, we were asked to pay "only" 7,000 above what is charged for normal delivery. I had to pay extra for the incompetency of a nurse; I paid extra for inflicting undue pains on my wife.

I paid extra for "shifting" my wife's womb in the process of stitching (a doctor confirmed this few weeks later). And now, my wife's body will never remain the same again; her tommy is as big as a four months old pregnancy. But interestingly, we may still register in the same hospital for our second child. The reason is that I know the "demon" and the "Angel" in the hospital.

I will give my conditions next time.

(Attached picture from Google Images. Ladies pictured are not persons mentioned in the story)

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1536334159776122&id=1505609702848568

CC: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by Donald3d(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
shocked
Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by TheArchangel(f): 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
If you are looking for justice why not name the hospital, the doctor that that owned the hospital and the "nurse" that took the delivery so that we will help you to determine whether they are competent or not in handling such cases. Private hospitals are known to employ quacks to cut corners and for more financial gains.
The doctor was still stitching, and the blood on the floor was unbelievable. Meanwhile, the look on my wife's face revealed the excruciating pains she was going through. I quickly went back to see my baby for consolation. What exactly were you expecting? with the liqour and blood and stuff. It is always a gory and unpleasant scene.
She was wheeled out after about 1 hour 30 minutes. She was very weak. It was the next day she was able to narrate all that had happened. The evil nurse asked her to push while the baby was still two centimetres away from the cervix. And that action resulted in a serious cervical tear. As she narrated her ordeal, it was clear that she went through hell. Immediately, I made up my mind that I was not going to pay anything above what is charged for normal delivery.
Was she transfused? It is not called Labour for show,. After labour, women are known to be tired looking that's why they are wheeled out of the room in a stretcher or wheeler chair because they just passed through hell to bring forth a life. You can't push out a baby when the cervix is only 2 cm dilated ( 2 cm dilatation is just a tip of your finger) and how the hell did you believe an average 3.5 kg baby will pass through a hole as tiny as the tip of the finger.The hole must be 10 cm. How did the wife even know that she was asked to push at 2 cm You can't push away from the cervix rather you push through the cervix. while the baby was still two centimetres away from the cervix. this statement does not make sense. Maybe she didn't dilate fully or she dilated and the anterior lip of the cervix still remain.
These are the major causes of cervical laceration ; Delivery through an undilated cervix whether spontaneously, or by forceps, precipitate labour, rigid cervix due to previous operations like the LEEP procedure, conization, or cervical amputation, very vascular cervix as can occur in low level placenta previa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by crackhouse(m): 4:53am On Feb 13, 2018
Why posting the pictures of these beautiful nurses? Are they the nurses that wanted to kill ur wife?

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by VBCampaign: 9:34am On Feb 13, 2018
TheArchangel:
If you are looking for justice why not name the hospital, the doctor that that owned the hospital and the "nurse" that took the delivery so that we will help you to determine whether they are competent or not in handling such cases. Private hospitals are known to employ quacks to cut corners and for more financial gains.
The doctor was still stitching, and the blood on the floor was unbelievable. Meanwhile, the look on my wife's face revealed the excruciating pains she was going through. I quickly went back to see my baby for consolation. What exactly were you expecting? with the liqour and blood and stuff. It is always a gory and unpleasant scene.
Was she transfused? It is not called Labour for show,. After labour, women are known to be tired looking that's why they are wheeled out of the room in a stretcher or wheeler chair because they just passed through hell to bring forth a life. You can't push out a baby when the cervix is only 2 cm dilated ( 2 cm dilatation is just a tip of your finger) and how the hell did you believe an average 3.5 kg baby will pass through a hole as tiny as the tip of the finger.The hole must be 10 cm. How did the wife even know that she was asked to push at 2 cm You can't push away from the cervix rather you push through the cervix. while the baby was still two centimetres away from the cervix. this statement does not make sense. Maybe she didn't dilate fully or she dilated and the anterior lip of the cervix still remain.
These are the major causes of cervical laceration ; Delivery through an undilated cervix whether spontaneously, or by forceps, precipitate labour, rigid cervix due to previous operations like the LEEP procedure, conization, or cervical amputation, very vascular cervix as can occur in low level placenta previa.

Great observation.

The writer has promised to respond to this post.
Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by LadySarah: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
Why you want to cast blames,hsve it in mind that even women with full dilations stll get torn cervix.Also pushing When contraction hasnt come can also cause it.
I 'm not a health pratictioner nor Do I want to absolve the nurse of blames ,but I want to Know how your wife knew the baby was two centimetres away from The cervix?
A lot of factors can result to cervix tearing.
Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by chii8(f): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
First time parents..my brother is always not easy, what I don't understand is the shifting of womb part.
Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by VBCampaign: 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
chii8:
First time parents..my brother is always not easy, what I don't understand is the shifting of womb part.

Lol
Re: The Evil Nurse That Nearly Killed My Wife by pulsatingpen: 12:02am On Feb 20, 2018
OP, please remove this picture

(1) (Reply)

Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? / Women And Domestic Violence / Opinion: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To UnCloth In The Presence Of Her Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.