Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Java/Kotlin/Groovy/Scala/Clojure - What's Your Favourite JVM Language? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java/Kotlin/Groovy/Scala/Clojure - What's Your Favourite JVM Language? (1148 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Kotlin Users/developers / Serious Php/go/scala/python/javascript Developers Needed To Join A Start Up. / Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java/Kotlin/Groovy/Scala/Clojure - What's Your Favourite JVM Language? by leoaso(m): 10:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
I started out with Java, got really into Groovy, then started using Kotlin for Android development and I'm loving it so far. So for me, its Java, but it might soon be Kotlin. No knowledge of Scala or Clojure whatsoever but I hear a lot about them. I'm just interested to know how popular each is within the community.

So which is your favourite, why do you love it, and what do you use it for?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Java/Kotlin/Groovy/Scala/Clojure - What's Your Favourite JVM Language? by stykai(m): 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
Well, I started with java in 2010, didnt go deep into it though because I didnt have a team to do stuff together, then fell in love with Python, thats around 2013 after i got my first real job, then 2 years later married Clojure and migrated almost all my python codebase to clojure - from backend development to using framework for frontend development which almost brings the joy and feel of angular JS but a few know about it (am talking about the framework with clojure)

Basically, for little issues i use python but for hardcore stuff? Clojure!
Its more like you dont use sledge hammer(clojure) to force a nail into a wood, you use python for that.

Then recently started working out with Kotlin just for android development.

But am still married to Clojure and am not ready for a divorce, not ever!!!!!!
You cant start programming in clojure then go back to java, havent met anybody yet ssha.
Re: Java/Kotlin/Groovy/Scala/Clojure - What's Your Favourite JVM Language? by denvers: 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
Bro do you do your back end with Java and which framework do you use?
Re: Java/Kotlin/Groovy/Scala/Clojure - What's Your Favourite JVM Language? by nurain150(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
I had to learn and see the inside of a python after many years of sticking to laggy hard buggy pho.I started out with flask no project.But what force me to hacking was hacking ....yeah..my first code in python was to solve a CTF via creating a file signature so as to upload .I had to create a hmac signature in md5 and hexdigest to add the stuff to the post request of my upload function boom I got my reward.i use Java to debug and hack Android static analysis.I don't have time or enough resources to download Android ide or intellej so am unable to convert Java to kotlin for analysis

(1) (Reply)

Prestashop Ecommerce Mobile App Builder By Knowband / Please Guys I Need Your Help On Web Hosts / An Escrow Service Platform And Socializing Site Developed By Our Graduands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.