Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage (18930 Views)

Kidnappers Kill Woman As She Begs To Be Killed Instead Of Her Daughter-In-Law / "His Manhood Is Too Big" — Woman Begs Zamfara Court To Dissolve Her Marriage / How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2018
ezex:
Marriage is a life time thing or she remains widow
Nobody should die because of marriage what does being a widow have to do with this?How myopic.

8 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Odimson69: 7:36am On Feb 13, 2018
Welcome to the association of divorced Nigerians.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by DavidEsq(m): 7:36am On Feb 13, 2018
frosbel2:

Wife beater detected !!!
Unmarriageable fellow, detected tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by lastempero: 7:37am On Feb 13, 2018
That's why intending couples should look out for this traits before saying i do,the truth is that they can't be hidden and save ur self the embarrassment and trauma that comes with divorce.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by freda506(f): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2018
Sodiquinone:
I don't support marital abuse,but I am sure some women can't escape it with their basket mouth and attitude
Oh. Is that what you'll say to an abused female relative, too? Shame on your misogynistic asś.

5 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Authoreety: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2018
Eaa247:

they won't make sense to u because either u myopic to see the objectivity in some of the statements or among the ppl that take story from a single angle.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2018
sgtponzihater1:
Women come to the Internet to rant and get all the sympathy from poorly baked individual. Marriage is not a game of tennis, ping pong or ludo it's a serious Business. What we have these day are people preparing more for wedding than leaving together. Before she post these rubbish, she should definitely find out; Is she marriageable?, how about her attitude?, does she have regard?, did she take time to study the guy, date and know if they are compatible, or did she spend more time checking out modern wedding fashion on Bella Naija?. 85% of our ladies and sadly also men are not marriageable, but they come online to rant all the rubbish they can gather, and get warped minded sympathisers to cheer on their bad behaviour. Peace!
Are you marriageable?who are you to decide who is and access them?Nothing justifies such. And stop giving excuses.

4 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Childofaking: 7:39am On Feb 13, 2018
Women are always quick to rush to social media to complain about domestic violence, the fact is that men suffer more abuse in marriage than women.

It is a woman that actually determine whether the union will an abusive one or not. She knows what to do if she want her husband to become violent, she know the key to press. If she want him to be loving, she also knows exactly what to do. But most of the times they are too proud to press the other button.

2 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Childofaking: 7:39am On Feb 13, 2018
Beside one year is too early to rush out of marriage.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:40am On Feb 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
I've learnt to get the other side of the story since Nigerian ladies love coming to social media to tell half truths or outright lies.
Stop generalizing if it was a man I am sure you would not need the other half.

2 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 7:48am On Feb 13, 2018
Good as she left before he killed her.

I have always said that I am not "beatable" cheesy

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2018
Authoreety:
Her lips nd in short her appearance obviously shows she is a troublesome woman!

Only 4 those that have deep insight!
Just by her appearance by your write up I am sure you are a woman beater as well.

5 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by monex(m): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2018
sgtponzihater1:
Women come to the Internet to rant and get all the sympathy from poorly baked individual. Marriage is not a game of tennis, ping pong or ludo it's a serious Business. What we have these day are people preparing more for wedding than leaving together. Before she post these rubbish, she should definitely find out; Is she marriageable?, how about her attitude?, does she have regard?, did she take time to study the guy, date and know if they are compatible, or did she spend more time checking out modern wedding fashion on Bella Naija?. 85% of our ladies and sadly also men are not marriageable, but they come online to rant all the rubbish they can gather, and get warped minded sympathisers to cheer on their bad behaviour. Peace!

we don't care how her attitude was. All we care about is if what she was saying is true. If there was domestic violence in her marriage then she did the right thing by separating from her husband. Even the church permits separation (not divorce) in event of domestic violence.

it is the same if a woman was physically abusing a man. The man has a right to separation.

heck even the physical abuser is obligated to separate until he/she can work on his/her aggression

8 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by pweetiedee(m): 7:52am On Feb 13, 2018
kelvinklein219:
Let her leave na, women and drama. I pity some women tho.

Say everything that's on ur mind.

what do u mean u pity some women? so she should have stayed? Would u allow ur daughter stay with a violent husband or your son stay with a violent wife?

Yeye

7 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Authoreety: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Just by her appearance by your write up I am sure you are a woman beater as well.
aunty o.... I no get anytin to tell u, bt I go advice say make u behave well for ur husband house,cos troublesome women makes troublesome husbands!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Penalty82(m): 7:56am On Feb 13, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

I seriously pity young and single men these days. Don't be surprise that what pushed this lady into the marriage is the Man's huge dick and nothing more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:00am On Feb 13, 2018
Authoreety:
aunty o.... I no get anytin to tell u, bt I go advice say make u behave well for ur husband house,cos troublesome women makes troublesome husbands!
Pointof correction it is not my husband house but it is our house because I can't stay in a house I didn't contribute to build or rent.So keep that useless advice and word to yourself.Stop blaming women only for marriage failure and this your advice is really stupid.

7 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Daeylar(f): 8:03am On Feb 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Stop generalizing if it was a man I am sure you would not need the other half.

You already know. cheesy
I'm tired of these people,
They don't ever disappoint with their misogyny.

6 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by ivanalimi: 8:07am On Feb 13, 2018
frosbel2:

Wife beater detected !!!
mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by uyiekpenn(m): 8:09am On Feb 13, 2018
frosbel2:

And a troublesome woman should endure a lifetime of beating?

Primitive person!
hey you. I've noticed you've been directly and indirectly insulting people here. A woman who insults the pride and dignity of any man deserves a very thorough beating. You ladies are very quick to come out online to say trash when 95% of the marriage crash are caused by your insatiable greed for material things and your uncultured mouths.

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 8:09am On Feb 13, 2018
There is always three sides to every story : Her side , His side and what really transpired.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by lanre316: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2018
nawtyme:
Well done woman. But we should not only say no to domestic violence. We should also say no to emotional trauma caused by verbally abusive wives.
Verbal abuse has the same consequence as physical abuse.
We have only heard your side of the story, what about his side of the story?

God bless you for this wise statement. The way some women talk, you will think men are evil beasts, whereas some women are more evil than evil himself with the way they frustrate their men with verbal abuse. Living with those women will make hell fire look like paradise.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by vicardino(m): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2018
Marriage shouldn't look scary to you. Dot the is and cross the ts
famiebee:
But how come a once loving couple suddenly turn to bitter couple, the love song will now change to had I know with a year like they never court before saying I do

Why do people change from God to bad??

With all this , marriage is looking Scarry to me.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by MahatmaGhandi: 8:14am On Feb 13, 2018
As much as some stories of abuse are true i think many women are just playing very dirty politics with all these stories. Have you observed how most men are being tagged as rapist and gross abusers of women in this generstion. You always only hear the stories online from the perspective of the wife, you hardly ever hear the husband say anything. Thank God the driver in the fapson case told his side of the story. If women think relationships with men is toxic they should boycott and avoid them completely and save us all this trauma but no they won't they are the ones that will still plague the life of their pastors with tears and alnight just because they want to get married to a man that they will accuse of abusing them a few years down the line. I think most modern day women have becom very toxic to the health and well being of the men in their life. A time will come when men will go into contracts with girls for the sake of kids and after 1 or 2 years terminate the contract so that everyone can be in peace, because a man cannot continue sacrificing his health and wellbeing for his family and at the end of the day be reduced to an irresponsible serial abuser.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 8:14am On Feb 13, 2018
uyiekpenn:
hey you. I've noticed you've been directly and indirectly insulting people here. A woman who insults the pride and dignity of any man deserves a very thorough beating. You ladies are very quick to come out online to say trash when 95% of the marriage crash are caused by your insatiable greed for material things and your uncultured mouths.
I have always told men to walk away from women with uncultured mouth. The truth is if you put up with such an individual it is just a matter of time when all hell will break loose one day and before you know it ,you've become a wife beater.

The day my wife verbally abuses me , I'll file for a divorce and no amount of plea from any family member will make me change my mind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by famiebee(f): 8:22am On Feb 13, 2018
Sorry ,I don't understand what you wrote, can you rewrite it?
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by vicardino(m): 8:25am On Feb 13, 2018
Women of nowadays spend more time on the internet and social media platforms chatting and posting, reading all sorts of fictional love stories than spending times with their mum. The trend worsens as years roll by. And it's also same with guys of nowadays. There was a way our mothers of old enjoyed their marriage (not all though but greater percentage did). They weren't this exposed as we are now, there was nothing like feminism in their dictionary of love, they mostly didn't have any means of checking their partners up spiritually but they had blissful marriages. Why is blissful marriage now becoming a lotto nowadays? Another truth is, most women of nowadays can't do what our mothers did to have a good home. Truth is, a greater percentage of men can do what their father did for blissful home than ladies. It's cancerous.
Love isn't what we are seeing now, our parents understood love and saw it more than we can ever understand and see.
pweetiedee:

Say everything that's on ur mind.

what do u mean u pity some women? so she should have stayed? Would u allow ur daughter stay with a violent husband or your son stay with a violent wife?

Yeye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Crizillion1(m): 8:25am On Feb 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Pointof correction it is not my husband house but it is our house because I can't stay in a house I didn't contribute to build or rent.So keep that useless advice and word to yourself.Stop blaming women only for marriage failure and this your advice is really stupid.
In ur mind.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Austin234(m): 8:31am On Feb 13, 2018
Madam, the Bible has only one condition for divorce. And that is on the ground of infidelity. Even at that, no sin is unforgivable if the partner understands themselves afterall. Your divorce as a result of domestic violence is respected but you MUST remain single until either of you dies. I pray for peace in our homes in Jesus name, Amen

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by afamaustin(m): 8:33am On Feb 13, 2018
sgtponzihater1:
u said it all, no need for me commenting.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by delishpot: 8:34am On Feb 13, 2018
The one type of post many hypocritical Nigerian men hate. They will stone her to death through tweeter for making this tweet.
A woman says she left an abusive home is quite hard for them to swallow. Theyd rather type a big fat RIP on her photo and blame her for sitting there when the sign first came out that he was physically violent. Then they move their hypocritic career unto the next victim.

2 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by uyiekpenn(m): 8:35am On Feb 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Are you marriageable?who are you to decide who is and access them?Nothing justifies such. And stop giving excuses.
are you marriageable as well? Stop saying nonsense. This guy just said the absolute truth that you guys don't wanna hear. What about women who hit their husbands and call him names in front of others? Isn't that domestic violence? You guys are as guilty as the others. Learn to bridle your tongues and acknowledge the fact that your husband is the head of the house and as such should command respect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! / Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.