Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage (18931 Views)

Kidnappers Kill Woman As She Begs To Be Killed Instead Of Her Daughter-In-Law / "His Manhood Is Too Big" — Woman Begs Zamfara Court To Dissolve Her Marriage / How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by kelvinklein219(m): 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
pweetiedee:

Say everything that's on ur mind.

what do u mean u pity some women? so she should have stayed? Would u allow ur daughter stay with a violent husband or your son stay with a violent wife?

Yeye
Haba aunty calm down now, ok if she is in an abusive relationship she should just leave, what's with all the social media stunt. That's the drama.
Women are the first complain about relationships on social media but if you get the other side of the story you will pity the guy although no guy should touch a lady, learnt from experience.
Some women actually hope to be beaten by their husband so they can use it and trend small.. Issa hobby
+ women can add salt and pepper.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by kelvinklein219(m): 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
freshboy31:
SPOTTED.... SMH
What did you spot now?.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by kelvinklein219(m): 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
ybalogs:
You'd still pity her if her obituary were to be placed here. Better leave than being sorry.
I would pity her, you are right.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Tohzara(m): 5:18am On Feb 14, 2018
olabrad:

May Satan appoint your portion with a chronic nagging woman. Even if God has a better plan for you, may Satan prevail and bring a nagging abusive woman to your life.

Then maybe you will have some sense and know that emotional abuse is worse than physical abuse

Bunch of idiots will just wake up from the wrong side of their bed and begin to make baseless unprovable nonsense comments
If emotional abuse is worse than physical abuse (it depends on the kind of "emotional abuse" ), why should you get back at her through the "better" form of abuse (physical violence)? Why not go just as extreme as she did----abusing her emotionally too? Or could it be that you don't really believe that? cheesy

Moreover, what kind of a sick fück remains with a useless nagging bitch that gives him emotional and psychological stress and torture? Did you come to this world to get married, that you would consider keeping a marriage with an animal at the expense of your happiness?

Why not divorce the fool, instead of going violent like a beast? Which option is more sane and rational?

Any woman that treats me like shiit and has no regard for me no longer has a place in my life. Like I'd always say, life is supposed to be fun! Yes, you'll have to do some chores, but life itself shouldn't be a chore.

No time for bitter, worthless women. Didn't come to this world to deal with any headache. Once it's no longer working, there's no need to "try and make it work". I'll just end it forever, and there will be no room for reconciliation or a second chance.

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by olabrad: 7:14am On Feb 14, 2018
Tohzara:
If emotional abuse is worse than physical abuse (it depends on the kind of "emotional abuse" ), why should you get back at her through the "better" form of abuse (physical violence)? Why not go just as extreme as she did----abusing her emotionally too? Or could it be that you don't really believe that? cheesy

Moreover, what kind of a sick fück remains with a useless nagging bitch that gives him emotional and psychological stress and torture? Did you come to this world to get married, that you would consider keeping a marriage with an animal at the expense of your happiness?

Why not divorce the fool, instead of going violent like a beast? Which option is more sane and rational?

Any woman that treats me like shiit and has no regard for me no longer has a place in my life. Like I'd always say, life is supposed to be fun! Yes, you'll have to do some chores, but life itself shouldn't be a chore.

No time for bitter, worthless women. Didn't come to this world to deal with any headache. Once it's no longer working, there's no need to "try and make it work". I'll just end it forever, and there will be no room for reconciliation or a second chance.

People respond to issues differently.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Tohzara(m): 7:19am On Feb 14, 2018
olabrad:

People respond to issues differently.
I know. But not all manner of responses are RIGHT and JUSTIFIED.

There are people who would shoot you dead for pissing them off----that's their own way of responding to provocation and disgust. They're that wild and short-tempered.

Does that change the fact that they're animals controlled by their reptilian brainstem? Does the fact that you "abused them emotionally" with insults or did something that infuriated their soul justify SHOOTING you?

Not all responses and reactions are acceptable and justifiable.

Some are simply crazy and inhumane.

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by cococandy(f): 7:29am On Feb 14, 2018
kiss
Xisnin:

What other side of the story?
That the husband did not beat her?
What if he said her never touched her?
You will jump up in joy that you have been vindicated.

I have worked with NGOs in the past and I can tell you that the last
thing a wife will do is confirm that she is been abused. Even those
who were hospitalised due to beatings will still deny being abused.
Whenever a wife come out to tell her story of marital, there is no "other side"
except in cases where the husband was the one who initiated the divorce.

Note that excuses such as she doesn't obey me or she is disrespectful are nonsense.
If you read the comments above, you will see a post excusing abuse with many likes,
that is to show you the level of reasoning of an average Nigerian men.

2 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by pweetiedee(m): 8:10am On Feb 14, 2018
kelvinklein219:

Haba aunty calm down now, ok if she is in an abusive relationship she should just leave, what's with all the social media stunt. That's the drama.
Women are the first complain about relationships on social media but if you get the other side of the story you will pity the guy although no guy should touch a lady, learnt from experience.
Some women actually hope to be beaten by their husband so they can use it and trend small.. Issa hobby
+ women can add salt and pepper.

yes, if she is an abusive relationship, she should leave. Or you've not heard stories of man killing wife and wife killing husband.

okay o

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by kelvinklein219(m): 9:06am On Feb 14, 2018
pweetiedee:

yes, if she is an abusive relationship, she should leave. Or you've not heard stories of man killing wife and wife killing husband.

okay o
Exactly women killing husband, men don't come online and complain even when they are victims...
No one should remain in an abusive relationship.

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by olabrad: 10:21am On Feb 14, 2018
Tohzara:
I know. But not all manner of responses are RIGHT and JUSTIFIED.

There are people who would shoot you dead for pissing them off----that's their own way of responding to provocation and disgust. They're that wild and short-tempered.

Does that change the fact that they're animals controlled by their reptilian brainstem? Does the fact that you "abused them emotionally" with insults or did something that infuriated their soul justify SHOOTING you?

Not all responses and reactions are acceptable and justifiable.

Some are simply crazy and inhumane.

People respond differently. Women shsw their powers via verbal abuse, while men show their power via fisticuffs. To every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction.

Stop talking about divorce as if you are referring to an ordinary termination of an unacceptable business agreement. It is not. Any woman that can't control her lips should be ready to face the risk of a battered face. To every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Crizillion1(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
In my reality.
No worries ride on bbe
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by MarilynNash(f): 6:41am On Feb 15, 2018
uyiekpenn:
hey you. I've noticed you've been directly and indirectly insulting people here. A woman who insults the pride and dignity of any man deserves a very thorough beating. You ladies are very quick to come out online to say trash when 95% of the marriage crash are caused by your insatiable greed for material things and your uncultured mouths.
asshole. misogynist asshole. I hope you, your pride and dignity rot in hell.

3 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by MarilynNash(f): 6:44am On Feb 15, 2018
olabrad:

People respond differently. Women shsw their powers via verbal abuse, while men show their power via fisticuffs. To every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction.

Stop talking about divorce as if you are referring to an ordinary termination of an unacceptable business agreement. It is not. Any woman that can't control her lips should be ready to face the risk of a battered face. To every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction.
Jesus Christ.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by MarilynNash(f): 6:47am On Feb 15, 2018
uyiekpenn:
are you marriageable as well? Stop saying nonsense. This guy just said the absolute truth that you guys don't wanna hear. What about women who hit their husbands and call him names in front of others? Isn't that domestic violence? You guys are as guilty as the others. Learn to bridle your tongues and acknowledge the fact that your husband is the head of the house and as such should command respect.
Respect is reciprocal. She's not lesser that you that you'd treat her with disdain while you expect her to do your bidding.
The reasoning of an average Nigerian man about marriage gives me nightmares.

3 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by monex(m): 11:30am On Feb 15, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Tell that to the religious folks.I have an egalitarian relationship and we are partners.Everyone has what they can define as marriageable and take note I won't give you respect because of gender or the head or tail of something but I would respect you because you earn it.To complete what I started I never supported such stop being chauvinistic and misogynistic because I don't buy that you actually need to learn to bridle your tongue and earn the respect of a woman and not think because you are a man and have a joystick you ultimately deserve respect to the 21st century woman you should earn it before you spew trash about the head and tail of the family.Daeylar where are you.

in many religions, respect is obligatory and not earned. The man is head of the house because he is male.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:31am On Feb 15, 2018
monex:

in many religions, respect is obligatory and not earned. The man is head of the house because he is male.
Not in the 21st century world you work for what you want and not by gender.And it applies to marriage.

2 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by monex(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Not in the 21st century world you work for what you want and not by gender.And it applies to marriage.
i was talking about religious doctrines and not 21st century societies.

of course in modern day society respect is earned.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2018
monex:

i was talking about religious doctrines and not 21st century societies.

of course in modern day society respect is earned.
Dear I don't go with that philosophy even if I were over religious I won't buy that I want a partner an egalitarian relationship and not a master slave marriage.I go with modernity.

2 Likes

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by monex(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Dear I don't go with that philosophy even if I were over religious I won't buy that I want a partner an egalitarian relationship and not a master slave marriage.I go with modernity.

you have a right to go with the philosophy you deem best.

I make no claims about which is better. Was only pointing out the religious perspective on it.
Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by uyiekpenn(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
MarilynNash:
asshole. misogynist asshole. I hope you, your pride and dignity rot in hell.
if you're looking for someone to buy your market, then nairaland is the worse place to sell your market. Whatever you're trying to sell, I won't buy. Take your market to Allen Avenue or under the bridge or any of the hotels or junctions you stand.

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 16, 2018
Mynd44:
She did the right thing.

Domestic violence should never be condoled whether it js coming from the wife or the man.

I am glad she left with her sanity and alive to even make her choice.

Hopefully, we as humans can grow up to the extent of seeing that violence is never the answer
u will soon see d once who will blame her for d abusive nature of d man

1 Like

Re: “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage by alimohammedibn(m): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
[quote author=HeWrites post=65019778]A Nigerian caterer and Chef, Joan, has spoken out on being a victim of domestic violence and how she’s summoned up courage to leave the abusive union.

Taking to Twitter to share, Joan stated how she saw her first year of marriage as a trial period and since it’s not what she expected, she then wouldn’t lose her life over the stereotype placed by society.

Other tweeps congratulated and cheered her up for having such courage to move on with her life…

See her tweet below:

https://torimill.com/2018/02/domestic-violence-cant-be-cured-it-only-kills-woman-as-she-walks-out-of-her-abusive-marriage.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique[/quote

Lalastyy I supported YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? / Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.