Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle (31422 Views)

Details Of Patience Jonathan's Forfeited Funds Published By EFCC / Dino Melaye Rocks Golden Tie To Tosin Saraki's Wedding. Hugs Patience Jonathan / Burial Photos Of Lazarus Iwari Kalama-Sokobe, Patience Jonathan's Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by Ovamboland(m): 8:23am On Feb 14, 2018
seguno2:

Did the rest of the world develop through selective prosecution of thieves?
Did they develop by saying a former dictator did not steal after millions of dollars recovered
Southerners have been brainwashed into a permanent state of slavery by those who need only 02 as cutoff point to enter Unity schools.

Bring in a Southerner who will prosecute northern thieves and all others by 2019 or 2023.
The last one declared open season looting jamboree for north and south

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by Ovamboland(m): 8:39am On Feb 14, 2018
LordAdam16:

Oh puhleaze, you are too educated for this.

I'd expect this from buhariguy et al. who are paid sycophants employed to launder their employers image in whatever way possible.

Buhari's speech on May 29th was "I belong to everybody, and I belong to nobody."

Nigeria is destined to remain a stagnant sh*thole because people like you also exhibit the same criminal mentality that you question in others. PDP and SS/SE has continually said, we applaud the corruption fight, heck we were the ones who set up the EFCC, ICPC, BVN, IPPIS, and designed the TSA, WhistleBlower policy; so if you see something questionable, investigate it and jail the offender. Very simple.

However, extend your blanket to EVERYONE!

Why do you think there is uproar about the Fulani herdsmen killings? If you can roll the tanks to Borno, to Abia, and to Bayelsa; what's stopping you from rolling the tanks to Benue.

We all know how Turai Yar'Adua ran her husband's government when he was incapacitated. Turai is alive. Turai is an ex-First Lady. She is a PDP member. But evidently, for some f*cked up reason, the EFCC can not scrutinize her account. And she's one of the thieves that exists and should go unpunished according to you.

So stop playing it off as thieves who exist who have gone unpunished. To the government they don't even exist. Because if they did, they'd also be hounded.

Unfairness in a corruption fight is corruption.

OBJ fought corruption. But he only fought those who opposed him. All the case files of governors from the 1999/2003 set were opened because they opposed his 3rd term bid.
Yar'Adua and GEJ both fought corruption. But they only fought those who opposed their governments. GEJ chased Ibori out and was instrumental to his capture and extradition to the UK but he pardoned Alams.

I was of the opinion your kind didn't like their corruption fight because there were sacred cows. Now BUHARI who claims to be different is following in their footsteps.

Go to the official EFCC public notice page--http://efccnigeria.org/efcc/public-notices, you'd find record of convictions and forfeitures stretching back to OBJ's years.

Buhari, like his predecessors, is only fighting opponents. It does nothing to help fight corruption. In fact, it encourages corruption. As politicians and their cronies know that all they have to do is be in the President's (and his clique's) good books, and they can steal to their hearts contempt.

That's why chronically corrupt people like Kyari, Kingibe, Maina, Lukman, et cetera would be able to serve comfortably under the military, PDP, APC, and god knows whatever new coalition comes next. And politicians like Saraki, Kwankwaso, Tinubu would steal comfortably regardless of party knowing they are power brokers.

And all the while, they ensure that they divert focus from the most important thing that'd actually fight corruption. Preventing corruption. To this day, the ICPC by law is unable to check through the books of a state's finance while the governor is still in power. It has not been amended as I speak to you. It is a well orchestrated, deliberate attempt to allow governors steal while in power, and then if they play their cards well, whoever enters Abuja would not check their records.

Buhari's government has not developed any process or measure to prevent corruption. The TSA and Whistleblower policies were both developed under GEJ, and were not ironed out thoroughly before they were released, which explains all the brouhaha about many MDAs, the military, et cetera not being captured. As I speak to you, I'm reliably informed that the IPPIS is being tampered with, but the Ministry of Finance is paying lip service to it.

If you're going to support a lopsided, ineffective, drama called an "anti-corruption" fight; don't act surprised that someone is calling it out for what it is, a jamboree. You and the person who you like to call names are one and the same. CORRUPT to the core.

All you're doing is giving reasons why friends of those in power who have looted can keep their loot, while the person you're calling names is giving reasons why his or her patrons who have looted but are not friends with those in power can keep their loot.

You are corrupt, the person you quoted is corrupt. And tomorrow, the table will inevitably change, and you guys would be saying each other's words.

In 2019, if PDP wins, many of the smart APC politicians would return back (and if APC wins, even more PDP politicians would port to the APC until the coast is clear), and less than 10% who are part of the mammoth looting going on now will be prosecuted. They'd negotiate their returns. Same returns will be relooted by those who'd jump ship later and would not be given account for. 4 or 8 years later, another party comes in, rinse and repeat. And you think you're moving forward. Not knowing you're moving in a wretched cycle.

I'd give you a firm example:

Ibrahim Lamorde was EFCC chairman under GEJ. He diverted 1 trillion naira of recovered funds. No, I did not mistype that. And yes, GEJ recovered trillions from corrupt people who were not in his camp. Here's an excerpt into the case: http://nigerianpilot.com/is-lamorde-corrupt/

Lamorde is currently the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Fraud Unit (SFU). A man who diverted at least 1 trillion naira and was [url=https://www.proshareng.com/news/Frauds---Scandals/What-Happened-To-Ibrahim-Lamorde%E2%80%99s-Arr/36887]declared wanted[/url] by the Senate.

How do you convince someone from the opposition party or SE/SS that PEJ should be hounded for a few billions while Lamorde should keep his N1T loot? When they were both part of the same government and the EFCC can look into both their files with the click of a button.

Is this how you expect Nigeria to become better? Is that how you fight corruption?

-Lord

Eyah, you listed so many names that should be hounded before reaching Patience but you left out Tafawa Balewa and his wives. What of Aguiyi Ironsi and his wife? Azikiwe and wife nko? We must probe them and recover any loot from their descendants before any pim is mentioned of patience dollars account.
We must not forget Lugard since 1914 and his mistress later wife Flora Shaw, we must go and examine what they stole and confiscate the property of their descendants in UK.
We must not probe anyone in the last government until all government official since 1914 to 2015 has been fully investigated, tried and convicted.
Anything less than this is pure wickedness and witch hunting.

Since you want to be ridiculous we can up the ante

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by tofolo(m): 8:43am On Feb 14, 2018
no mind me bros typo error. grin
ashjay001:

Na $40b oshocked

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by Ovamboland(m): 9:09am On Feb 14, 2018
gaskiyamagana:

Don't mind her. We don't deal with Abacha 's wife because Abacha has died. Did he pray for Mama Peace to loose her husband like Mariam so that we forget about the case too?

Please stop that nonsense, death of her husband does not preclude her from prosecution. If GEJ failed to prosecute her in order not to annoy the north did he not still lose the election?

What Buhari is saying now is you can keep your vote and give it to another thief, but looters from anywhere must be prosecuted

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by LordAdam16: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2018
Praktikals:

I just skimmed through ur nairaland post and I m convinced that you will make a good textbook example of a person who can speak (abi write) good grammar but lacks commonsense. Pained wailer!

Finally agreed you are an ignorant oaf!

Like that is a surprise with you bunch.

-Lord
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by LordAdam16: 9:20am On Feb 14, 2018
Ovamboland:

Eyah, you listed so many names that should be hounded before reaching Patience but you left out Tafawa Balewa and his wives. What of Aguiyi Ironsi and his wife? Azikiwe and wife nko? We must probe them and recover any loot from their descendants before any pim is mentioned of patience dollars account.
We must not forget Lugard since 1914 and his mistress later wife Flora Shaw, we must go and examine what they stole and confiscate the property of their descendants in UK.
We must not probe anyone in the last government until all government official since 1914 to 2015 has been fully investigated, tried and convicted.
Anything less than this is pure wickedness and witch hunting.

Since you want to be ridiculous we can up the ante

Clearly you did not read my post.

As I said, my post is not directed at everyone, it is directed at a certain intelligent person. The person got my point, and I don't give a sh*t about the opinions of ignorant nonentities who can't read and understand.

Capisce!

You're dumb. It's not my lot in life to improve your intellectual capacity. That's on you. If you fail to do so, then live your dumb life in peace. Go to the polling booths every 4 years to vote in whoever tells you the most attractive lies that never change anything.

-Lord
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by Ijaya123: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
seguno2:

What has happened to him for the past three years?
Nothing.
What has happened to Mariam Abacha who has been busy enjoying the excess loot while Buhari lives in denial saying that Abacha never stole our money even though millions of dollars had been recovered in 2008, 10 years after his death
Continue your journey that firmly puts those who need only 02 points cutoff to enter Unity schools and become our rulers ruiners.
Your choice, your wahala.

Mere rants. You still haven't mention what Mariam Abacha stole.
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by kstix(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
You're always a harsh guy cool
Get to know me on a personal level. You'ld know I'm not harsh
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by biacan(f): 9:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
kstix:
Get to know me on a personal level. You'ld know I'm not harsh
OK cool
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by kstix(m): 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
OK cool
You wanna exchange numbers?
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by biacan(f): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2018
kstix:
You wanna exchange numbers?
Nop thanks cool
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by kstix(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
Nop thanks cool
Lol. Ok cool
Re: Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle by ElCapone(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2018
seguno2:

Did the rest of the world develop through selective prosecution of thieves?
Did they develop by saying a former dictator did not steal after millions of dollars recovered
Southerners have been brainwashed into a permanent state of slavery by those who need only 02 as cutoff point to enter Unity schools.
Please keep decieving urself u hear. Lets say this fight is selective, what would you rather have. No action i guess. If this selectiveness is even been carried out well, after APC if PDP should come in they should also selectively fight the corruption i think that way lots of excesses would be cut short. Unless ofcos u hiding under tribal/religious sentiments.
And on the issue of education i challenge u to an intellectual debate any day any time since you think people are usually born educated and a particular region do not go to school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' / Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term / We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.