Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Are Prayers Really Answered? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Prayers Really Answered? (826 Views)

Break Throughs Are Prayers & Alms NOT Tithes / Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Prayers Really Answered? by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2018
Just random thoughts bothering me as a Christian. I sometimes wonder why someone may pray for a child for 10 years and receives no answer but will pray to pass an exam even after preparing and later attribute the pass to answered prayers. Or someone praying for healing of asthma for many years and receives no answer but will attribute making money to answered prayers?

Why would the easier and 'less important' prayers always be the ones that seem to get 'answered' as against the most difficult and most needed requests? Does God really interfere in our affairs? Are what we call answered prayers actually luck or coincidence? I'm just curious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by Loyalblak007(f): 11:44am On Feb 13, 2018
With Faith..
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by anibirelawal(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2018
YES.
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
Prayers are typically answered in one of these 3 ways:

YES

NO

WAIT
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by Niflheim(m): 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2018
@op,

Faulty logic is what makes people believe that prayers can be answered!!!

If prayers were answered, half of all human beings in Nigeria would be dead(courtesy of "Kill my enemy prayers")!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by hopefulLandlord: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2018
Life is random, prayers are useless

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by hopefulLandlord: 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
TheOliveSeed:
Prayers are typically answered in one of these 3 ways:

YES

NO

WAIT

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to Yahweh -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because Yahweh knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say Yahweh answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2018

YOU SHOULD ASK..

YOUR PASTOR WHO TELLS YOU TO PRAY YOUR A$$ OUT FOR EVERYTHING BUT GOES ABOUT WITH ARMED MEN AND FULL PROTECTION, AND FLIES ABROAD JUST TO TREAT A HEADACHE.

YOUR POPE, THE CHIEF REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS ON EARTH.. WHO DINES IN GOLD, RAPES SMALL BOYS, MOVES AROUND WITH PROTECTION AND GETS THE BEST HEALTHCARE FROM THE BEST FACILITIES ON EARTH.

YOUR MIRACLE WORKERS WHO CAST AND BIND, HEAL AND RESURRECT THE DEAD ON TV, BUT GOES TO THE HOSPITAL TO -AS AN ACT OF CHARITY- PAY THE MEDICAL BILLS OF PATIENTS, INSTEAD OF HEALING THEM.

THE PEOPLE OF AFRICA.
THEY HAPPEN TO BE THE MOST RELIGIOUS AND PRAYERFUL IN THE UNIVERSE, BUT DEPEND ON OTHER GODLESS NATIONS FOR FOOD, MONEY, CLOTHES, HEALTHCARE, TECHNOLOGY, AND SURVIVAL.

IF YOU THINK THAT BECAUSE YOU EARN MONEY, WEAR CLEAN CLOTHES, EAT GOOD FOOD, AND WAKE UP EVERY MORNING.. GOD LOVES YOU...
BUT NEGLECTS OTHER MILLIONS INCLUDING KIDS, WHO DIE FROM STARVATION, POISONING, OR DISEASES EVERYDAY, YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL OR FAVOURED, OR CHOSEN BY GOD...

YOU'RE JUST A SELFISH M0R0N!
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by nans24: 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU SHOULD ASK..

YOUR PASTOR WHO TELLS YOU TO PRAY YOUR A$$ OUT FOR EVERYTHING BUT GOES ABOUT WITH ARMED MEN AND FULL PROTECTION, AND FLIES ABROAD JUST TO TREAT A HEADACHE.

YOUR POPE, THE CHIEF REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS ON EARTH.. WHO DINES IN GOLD, RAPES SMALL BOYS, MOVES AROUND WITH PROTECTION AND GETS THE BEST HEALTHCARE FROM THE BEST FACILITIES ON EARTH.

YOUR MIRACLE WORKERS WHO CAST AND BIND, HEAL AND RESURRECT THE DEAD ON TV, BUT GOES TO THE HOSPITAL TO -AS AN ACT OF CHARITY- PAY THE MEDICAL BILLS OF PATIENTS, INSTEAD OF HEALING THEM.

THE PEOPLE OF AFRICA.
THEY HAPPEN TO BE THE MOST RELIGIOUS AND PRAYERFUL IN THE UNIVERSE, BUT DEPEND ON OTHER GODLESS NATIONS FOR FOOD, MONEY, CLOTHES, HEALTHCARE, TECHNOLOGY, AND SURVIVAL.

IF YOU THINK THAT BECAUSE YOU EARN MONEY, WEAR CLEAN CLOTHES, EAT GOOD FOOD, AND WAKE UP EVERY MORNING.. GOD LOVES YOU...
BUT NEGLECTS OTHER MILLIONS INCLUDING KIDS, WHO DIE FROM STARVATION, POISONING, OR DISEASES EVERYDAY, YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL OR FAVOURED, OR CHOSEN BY GOD...

YOU'RE JUST A SELFISH M0R0N!
undecided

Gbam!!!
Well said.

@Gaggi i believe this answers your question.

3 Likes

Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by 4amorc(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
The Rosicrucian Order AMORC Initiation First Temple Degree Illustrated Part 1 as given in the Lodge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNNH_sDsBQ
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
Gaggi:
Just random thoughts bothering me as a Christian. I sometimes wonder why someone may pray for a child for 10 years and receives no answer but will pray to pass an exam even after preparing and later attribute the pass to answered prayers. Or someone praying for healing of asthma for many years and receives no answer but will attribute making money to answered prayers?

Why would the easier and 'less important' prayers always be the ones that seem to get 'answered' as against the most difficult and most needed requests? Does God really interfere in our affairs? Are what we call answered prayers actually luck or coincidence? I'm just curious.

God has answered all our prayer in the person of Jesus Christ before we ever think of asking. Just open your spirit, soul, and mind to receive through faith expressed in thanksgiving and appreciation unto Him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by Efeosa5(f): 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
Quick unrelated question- how can I make payments for an ad??
hopefulLandlord:

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to Yahweh -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because Yahweh knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say Yahweh answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by hopefulLandlord: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
Efeosa5:
Quick unrelated question- how can I make payments for an ad??
I have no idea, I'm not a mod sir
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by OtemAtum: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
Gaggi:

Op, you have just reasoned like Kofi of the past world. Here is a song he composed to that end:

Doctufos: Worldly Music 18:5-11
A song of Kofi: In Zeusus Name I Have Trusted And Failed

5. I never believed that a time will come for me to reconsider my religion
It never occured to me that I've been deceived all day long.
I gave all my service to Zeusus Krista the known son of Yahweh god.
But I realised my folly when I saw the patterns in history.

6. In Krista's name, I have trusted and failed. In Zeusus name I have trusted and failed.
In Krista's name, I have trusted and failed. In Zeusus name I have trusted and failed.

7. All the minor things that doesn't need prayers to get done I believe
That it was Zeusus Krista that's helping me to get them done.
All the major problems that are needing miracles for me to get them done
I prayed to Zeusus but none of them have ever been fixed.

8. In Krista's name, I have trusted and failed. In Zeusus name I have trusted and failed.
In Krista's name, I have trusted and failed. In Zeusus name I have trusted and failed.

9. Disappointment, frustrations are the portion of those who trust in the gods. Even the godless people acheive better than many religious one. Why should I trust in a god who doesn't speak to me physically? I have to talk alone and expect to read archaic holy book for response.
That's why I sing
10. In Krista's name, I have trusted and failed. In Zeusus name I have trusted and failed.

I hope you are not a reincarnate of Kofi o cheesy
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by zed7: 5:39am On Feb 18, 2018
Seun give this a wiser audience please.
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by Hier(m): 7:30am On Feb 18, 2018
Gaggi:

I can't convince you about answered prayer, all I know is, God answers my prayer and I wrestle sometimes to get answered prayer. First of all, the righteous is as bold as a lion, why do we fear, we are ignorant and we ought not to be ignorant of him who go to and fro, seeking whom he may devour. Lemme tell you the truth, you don't understand spiritual warfare, forget answered prayer. You need pastors like me to tell you, the whole world lies in wickedness. If you will receive answers, then you are a good wrestler. Paul said, I was buffeted and I besought the Lord thrice and He said, my G is sufficient for thee.

Reference.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
Re: Are Prayers Really Answered? by Uyi168: 8:26am On Feb 18, 2018
If prayers were effective,ambulances would have been taking sick people to church-hardmirror

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Tied Destiny / Understanding Spiritual Growth And How To Increase Its Speed / The Unjust Law Of Divorce In The New Testament: Especially For The Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.