Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Album Review: MI's Rendezvous – A Classy Attempt To Seduce Music Lovers - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Review: MI's Rendezvous – A Classy Attempt To Seduce Music Lovers (858 Views)

5 Lines From M.I Abaga’s Rendezvous Playlist That Will Bust Your Head / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: M.I Abaga – Rendezvous (new) / Stream/purchase M.I. Abaga's New Album, 'rendezvous' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Album Review: MI's Rendezvous – A Classy Attempt To Seduce Music Lovers by mantosa(m): 11:57am On Feb 13, 2018
Album: Rendezvous

Artiste: M.I Abaga

Genre: Hip Hop/Rap

Guests: Chillz, Cassper Nyovest, Nonso Amadi, Tomi Thomas, Santi, CKay, Joules Da Kid, Dice Ailes, Moelogo, AKA, Ghost (Of Show Dem Camp), Odunsi, Terry Akpala, Ajebutter22, Falz, Straffiti, BlaqBones, Yung L. U.aX, Trigga Madtonic

Record Label: Chocolate City Music (2018)

Duration: 52 Minutes

For the Chocolate City front man and veteran, adaptability has been a double-edged knife while the idea of brit has never been out of many music lovers’ lips. The short but stocky wordplay, rhymer and lyricist suave personality has always been referenced despite his inability to evade controversies every once in a while – talk about relevance in the buzzy and culture-filled Nigeria music Industry.

In October 2018, Jude Abaga released ‘You rappers should fix up your Life’, a song which he was touted for – received maximum comments inside and outside the Nigerian community of rappers. Mr. Incredible’s effort to rally fellow Nigerian rappers to step up and re-ignite their class in the rap game came as a promotional move for this project, regardless.

Unknown to his colleagues, the track made them jump out of burning bushes and making their ways to the studio to serve a reply to Jude’s sortie.

M.I’s trial to consolidate rap and Rnb came off on “Sunset”, a frank and adnate way to open an L.P. Chillz smoothness pulled the bars of M.I as they laid low for an accurate delivery. The proceedings continued on “Soup” which shed light on M’s personality as well as Cassper’s OG status. I guess this is a way to fuel more publicity. Remember Jude used South African rappers as a standard for Nigerian rappers a while ago. It’s a mark that M.I still has influence in the African music scene at large.

Nonso Amadi left a lot for us to chew on “Playlist” as he stepped out on M.I’s verses at intervals. The solid-fused percussion instrumental came at a time when M.I should have spiced feelings with love notes to fans – this he delivered subtly. A switch to Afro-beat on “Jungle” drops the intensity lower to the delight of Tomi and Santi. Everything was substantial to the feelings that comes with a rapper’s intention to be soft-hearted.

But it cannot be argued or ascertained as M.I blended trap on “Wats D Level” making us think of a typical 2Chainz melody. Ckay’s enigmatic character on the hook is one to commend. It will be difficult to forgive M.I for depriving us of Wande Coal’s sweet vocals on “Kososhi”, a song which came too short of timing. M.I allowed Dice Ailes return back to rapping and rhyming on “Your Father” as the two traded rhymes and hardcore lines to the delight of trap fans.

M.I’s diversity in features was evident in “One Way” allowing Moelogo to pave the way on an initial pop production which came down whenever he is about to drop his lines.

Continental lanes switched again on “On code” as M.I voyaged across to South Africa, bartering brags with AKA. M.I revealed he is still making financial gains despite regular discussions about his relevance.

Heavy drums and bass was what welcomed us to “Popping”, a delivery which exploded as soon as the Ghost (of Show Dem Camp) arrived, bringing in storm that wiped M.I’s opening. Odunsi’s chorus was enough to heal the hazardous combination of M.I and Ghost. M.I is a winner and savvy game player as he wasted no time in accommodating Terry Akpala’s unique vocals on “Jiggy” – a melody which should have done better considering the spirit the instrumental and eloquence of Terry. The hook was totally unnecessary but no harm done. “Lekki” brings a déjà vu that is in line with a fashion runway melody. The production was suited to best the wholesome bromance – Ajebutter22 and Falz show, with Odunsi pulling a low-key performance. One of the best works on the project by far.

M.I’s endorsement of New school rhymers over the years was inspired by Rigor, class and game on “Slow” as he stamped the talent of Straffiti and BlaqBones to deliver a masterpiece that cannot be omitted.

M.I’s in hospitality was seen on “The Crew” as he surprisingly switched to a replica of Dancehall which pictured Yung L giving us his attractive delivery with U.aX supplying underground vocals to soften the tempo. M.I brought in an energetic vibe on “Sunrise” to wrap up his project. Trigga Madtonic singing is one to look out for. The reggae-fused melody has one of the best conclusions ever seen on a project.

OVERALL RATING: 7/10
………………………………………..
From Sunset to Sunrise, Rendezvous is an accolade that distinct a warrior never to retreat in the face of challenges and doubts. Though, the night may full of terror but Joy comes in the morning. The project shows M.I is adapting to the fast-paced changes in the Industry. His acceptance of new talents and ‘new skool’ movement makes Mr. Incredible conscious of the musical contents he dishes out.

Source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/rendezvous-attempt-seduce-music-lovers/

cc
Lalasticlala mynd44 dominique

Re: Album Review: MI's Rendezvous – A Classy Attempt To Seduce Music Lovers by Rapmaestro(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2018
The album is below par.. I expected better.. I'd give it 3/10
Re: Album Review: MI's Rendezvous – A Classy Attempt To Seduce Music Lovers by eTECTIVe(m): 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
D album is definitely an improvement on d junk we've been listening to in d name of rap music.. I'm patiently waiting for his Young Denzel album if "Rendezvous" is anything to go by

(1) (Reply)

NEW MUSIC: D'paramount Ft DH - Barawo / Download Mp3: Koker Ft. Falz – Daddy / Download Music MP3: Eugy – “soco” (remix) Ft. Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.