Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom (42389 Views)

Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently / I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by omotuntun: 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2018
I dont think you love the so called lady.
Imagine this kain excuse.
In 5 years they never asked you of such. They even confide in you that much is enough reason for you to just do it perhaps if you have it. If you dont you have to say it in a more polite way!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by konniey(f): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?
deanxy:

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
Please break up with the girl. She deserves someone better than you.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by madridguy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
Nairalander get zero joy. OP, you better text back the woman and do the needful.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Letzdothething: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
Break up and run away from poverty relationship. If you didn't have money am sure they wouldn't "love" you.

Run for your life. Run from poverty grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Diso60090(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:

Go and sleep broke ass nigga if you don't have the money fine we understand because you broke ass but if you have the money and you let her down 4uck you

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by sekem: 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
Don't ever make that horrible mistake of giving them some money

That is how all these rubbish starts

Before you know it they will make you to sideline your own family while catering for their needs all in the name of being a good son in law

Maintain your stance no matter what

I'm even having this feeling that it was the girl who is indirectly using her mom to get something out of you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Abdulhakee(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
Just help her if you can. After all we often help our family. The request by her mom is not out of place.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by BedLam: 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
The fact that the mom had the courage to ask you, you'd look for that money no matter what. OP sounded like he has enough but just wouldn't give. That's insane.

I'm very sure you've not been spending on this girl since you started dating. angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by afamaustin(m): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
And u decline the help u would HV given any amount no matter how little

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by clemmonce(m): 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:

hmmmm... my brother some girls dont ask guys for money they have this independent mindset.... and secondly they don't want to bother or scare you away..... if you really dig deep you will see she has been struggling alone without you even knowing... I am talking from experience.... Whether her mum will disturb you with further financial disturbance..... well don't ever think their financial status will remain this way for ever.... things might change...... secondly ... Has her mother being disturbing you for such assistance before ?? with all what you said I can't see a problem..... No mariage is perfect no family is perfect no in law is perfect..

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Diso60090(m): 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Letzdothething:
Break up and run away from poverty relationship. If you didn't have money am sure they wouldn't "love" you.

Run for your life. Run from poverty grin

People like you need upper cut slap not Jesus

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by konniey(f): 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
konniey:
[i][/i]
my dear on second thought d woman might b testing u financially......but it doesn't mean u must give her d money if u don't have it ....but if u av u can give her ....if u really love d girl u won't think twice in giving her d money....cus she would b urs forever...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by BedLam: 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekem:
Don't ever make that horrible mistake of giving them some money

That is how all these rubbish starts

Before you know it they will make you to sideline your own family while catering for their needs all in the name of being a good son in law

Maintain your stance no matter what

I'm even having this feeling that it was the girl who is indirectly using her mom to get something out of you
But if events happen and the girl is in a better place to refuse giving this guy any help, y'all would scream she's not supportive and blah!

21 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Roseey0(f): 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
By the time Nairaland people shred you finish eh....
She didn't say dash me o

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Cherrycandy: 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
Na wa for some people

OP You are a terrible human being

These are the kind of men i run away from...Stingy thing

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by biacan(f): 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
Maychang:
May God save us from Stingy boyfriends
Amen sis cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Culin(f): 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
So because the mother of the lady you dated for 5 years asked for help, you want to call off the relationship? Smh.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by blaqroy: 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
E don happen Again ooooooooo!!!!!!!!! MTN is giving free Glo recharge card to all 9mobile customers that are using Airtel!! Thanko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Letzdothething: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
Diso60090:

People like you need upper cut slap not Jesus
from saying the truth?

Have you seen where a whole family love a poor man? Please answer me honestly.

In life, your interest comes first, family second then others, economy is bad so no time to date broker girl from a poverty stricken family.

Even in churches they preach about riches how much more Lolz.

Get real

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Odingo1: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
You stingy die,you sure say you go fit bring out money to do the marriage shocked shocked shocked shocked. Chai this one never give him girl anything since 5 years tongue tongue tongue tongue

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by hokafor(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
Marriage is not for kids, try to help the little you can

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Tex42(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
brainpower:
You date a woman for 5years without her or her mom asking you for nothing, mean while you might have been having sex with her for 5years, they were all good.

As soon as her mom asks you for money for the first time in 5years to pay your "fiancee's rent you decide not to marry again.

You don't deserve that girl. You are one of the reasons women say men are bad. You are a bloody stingy motherf**ker. What's wrong in paying your fiancee's rent?
TBH bro he really doesn't deserve the girl. That post just rendered me numb. That post is riddled with all sorts of irresponsibility.

After 5years!... That guy isn't stingy, he is just wicked and heartless.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by adorablevic: 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
God please save me from stingy people and time wasters after 5yrs,u can't give to her mum

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by koolg: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:

You're not a man

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by abike12(f): 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
that woman asked you out of desperation. May her helper locate her in Jesus name. I wish I could get her contact to help sef. As for you, you no be beta person

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by sekem: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
BedLam:
But if events happen and the girl is in a better place to refuse giving this guy any help, y'all would scream she's not supportive and blah!

Let that event happen fess na

You know one thing I hate about people?

People always trying to take advantage of any situation

That's usually how all these nonsense entitlement mentality begins

Wait fess make the guy become your son in law before you start taxing him

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
Bros. You are stingy, fine you don't have but it's obvious that if you had you won't give .

You been claim to love the said girl, baba!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by gcof(m): 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
kmcutez:
Let her go. You don't love her.
love alone these days is not enough
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Rubbiish(m): 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
Maychang:
May God save us from Stingy boyfriends
Lol...& parasitic girlfriends too

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

See What 12 Year Old Boy Did When He Saw His Mother Twerking / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair / Woman Snatches Man From Wife, Dumps Him After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.