Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (19871 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / Why Do Non Catholics Bash Catholics / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Ogashub(m): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2018
A typical Nigerian non Catholic who is drained with his or her own church doctrine will wear red tomorrow and majestically walk into her or his lover's house to wish him happy valentines day.

But every other thing about the catholic doctrine is paganized by you and your church folks.

Y'all have suddenly forgotten that Valentine is a saint In the catholic world that is usually celebrated every 14th of February, just like other catholic saints.

But tomorrow you will come online and tell us how Catholics worship Mary, you get angry when she is being celebrated. But Tomorrow, you will be buying gifts in the name of valentine.

All the Pentecostal churches that bash the catholic doctrines and saints are the ones who will even celebrate the valentine the most.

But there you are, saying you know so much about Christianity.

Now, tell me that saint valentine is a saint in your own church, I am listening, how?

152 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by dingbang(m): 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
Please don't start another e war please.. Even though I am a Catholic, I won't support this. You were taught not to judge.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Ogashub(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
dingbang:
Please don't start another e war please.. Even though I am a Catholic, I won't agree with you. You were taught not to judge.

I'm not in anyway trying to cause issues I just want to know the teaches and understanding they have acquired form their different churches about Valentine's day we could learn a few things

31 Likes

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by dingbang(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
Ogashub:

I'm not in anyway trying to cause issues I just want to know the teaches and understanding they have acquired form their different churches about Valentine's day we could learn a few things
even in the Catholic church, there are members who still roll with the modern valentine way of celebration, So let's not act like saints. Yes we all know St Valentine "as we were taught" was a saint bla bla bla who was known for his acts of love.

Its unfortunate things have turned around but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate love. We spend a lot of our energy criticizing others instead of leading by example. If u feel that Val's day to you means showing love to the poor then do it instead of pointing fingers on those who are living their lives the way they want it.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by paxonel(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2018

Now, tell me that saint valentine is a saint in your own church, I am listening, how?

Mynd44 lalasticlala
The catholic church was seen as the universal church at the time saint Valentine lived. There was no Protestants at that time talkless of pentecostals, therefore saint valentine was saint of the universal church, which includes all churches, be it catholic, Protestants or pentecostals

11 Likes

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Empredboy(m): 7:45am On Feb 14, 2018
paxonel:

The catholic church was seen as the universal church at the time saint Valentine lived. There was no Protestants at that time talkless of pentecostals, therefore saint valentine was saint of the universal church, which includes all churches, be it catholic, Protestants or pentecostals
but there was Pentecostal and protestants during the time of Mary and other saints? please explain

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Ramos16(m): 8:17am On Feb 14, 2018
space
Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by jamp: 8:17am On Feb 14, 2018
am not surprised........
they celebrate st valentine.
they wear their pastor like scapular
they have holy water
they have started morning devotion like morning mass
they have communion service like Holy communion
they bless handkerchief like we bless sacramentals
they do novena prayers
they ask pastors to pray for them like we ask saints to pray for us
etc

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by koladebrainiac(m): 8:18am On Feb 14, 2018
One thing I am against Pentecostal is the way they attack Catholic on Dogmatic . Forgetting they too are guilty of dogmatic .tithing Val celebration ,birthday Sunday worship n Xmass celebration are dogmatic too .

Pentecostal churches even set special service for every month in the year . All these are dogmatic that are not in the bible .
In between I am not a Catholic nether am I Pentecostal . I like to be on my own

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2018
Summary

13 Likes

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by MrMcJay(m): 8:19am On Feb 14, 2018
Ogashub:

Valentine's day is all about love.
You said pentecostals celebrate Valentine's day the most.
Going by your analogy, pentecostals celebrate love more than Catholics.

That's why you should think very well before writing online to avoid disgracing yourself.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Vivuch: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2018
Pentecostal churches are business centres. I call them the entrepreneur church.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by femi4: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2018
Get your facts right, Pentecostal don't celebrate Val's day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by hopefulLandlord: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2018
This is one of the reasons I'm convinced Christianity is false and Holy Spirit is fictional cuz Christians can't agree on anything despite talking to the same holy spirit who is promised that it'll reveal the real truth to them

From the very beginning, Christians have split and diverged and disagreed about matters of extreme consequence, and matters that seem (on the face of it) totally trivial. For close to 1,500 years the chief hobby of Christendom seemed to be finding reasons to murder other Christians, and to this day thousands of Christian variations exist, many of which are utterly incompatible and "heretical" to each other's point of view. From Arianism to "Mariolotry", from thefilioque, to anti-trinitarian Oneness Pentecostalism, from hardline Feeneyism to Christian Universalism, from Quietism to televangelists ... any doctrinal standpoint held by one Christian group is guaranteed to be held in contempt by other (ostensibly) fellow Christians.

Yet every last one of them bows their knees before the Father, every last one of them believes that Christ dwells in their hearts and that they are strengthened by the power of this Spirit. Every last one of them"knows" that they are correct and everyone else is wrong. They alone are "filled up by the fullness of God." They can "feel it in their hearts".

"By their fruits you will know them," wrote the unknown author(s) of the book we call Matthew, and those words are quite right. The fruits of Christianity have always been discord among themselves, dehumanization of others and mutual persecution over whatever passes for heresy at that time and place. "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit" applies wonderfully to Christianity. By that very standard, the tree of Christianity is rotten to the core and more prickly than a cactus. It is evident and obvious that there is no "still, small voice" guiding Christians, that the Bible is wrong when it promises to reveal the truth to believers ... because regardless of one's belief, there are millions upon millions of other Christians who are convinced of that belief's incorrectness, convinced that the Holy Spirit has lit their path to truth (and likely think said "heretics" deserve eternal punishment to boot despite the fact that they are all supplicants to the same Lord).

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Collinsnice(m): 8:20am On Feb 14, 2018
Hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:21am On Feb 14, 2018
Empredboy:
but there was Pentecostal and protestants during the time of Mary and other saints? please explain
lol... I'm waiting to see how this pans out.... PROUDLY CATHOLIC (though it's been a while I went to church)...

6 Likes

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by kolawoleibukun: 8:22am On Feb 14, 2018
Pentecostals are the worst of their kind. They are criminals who feel they are better than anyone else. they feel say them no the Bible. they condemn Catholics yet they practice almost everything that the catholics do. anyone way no favor them, them go use am against the catholics. though, the catholics get some issues but I tell you, if the Pentecostals had the kind of power that catholics have, they would have destroyed this world.
Imagine Adeboye publicly demanding 1 billion as if he created job anywhere. all dem day buy private jet and if person talk, instead of them to call these thieves to order them go support them. Obasanjo won buy plane early 2000 na so Nigerians gather a whole president make e no buy plane, but now all the pastors get plane and the same hypocrites support them. open your mouth and condemn the evil

you have no covenant with any man but with God. tell a man that he is wrong and God will bless you for it. even if that man is your father. stand with God not man.

there is nothing like man of God. We all are children of God. No man is above his mate. draw a man to his sense and you will save him and save yourself. do not support evil or any man. all these prayer warriors who cannot talk in front of their daddies and they will be shouting and stamping their feet before other people.

21 Likes

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by lonelydora: 8:22am On Feb 14, 2018
No good Pentecostal church bash Catholic church.

8 Likes

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Hadizometer: 8:22am On Feb 14, 2018
@ OP, u're very correct, these penticostal pple are hypocrites

7 Likes

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Ephaig: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2018
Ogashub:
A typical Nigerian non Catholic who is drained with his or her own church doctrine will wear red tomorrow and majestically walk into her or his lover's house to wish him happy valentines day.

But every other thing about the catholic doctrine is paganized by you and your church folks.

Y'all have suddenly forgotten that Valentine is a saint In the catholic world that is usually celebrated every 14th of February, just like other catholic saints.

But tomorrow you will come online and tell us how Catholics worship Mary, you get angry when she is being celebrated. But Tomorrow, you will be buying gifts in the name of valentine.

All the Pentecostal churches that bash the catholic doctrines and saints are the ones who will even celebrate the valentine the most.

But there you are, saying you know so much about Christianity.

What if they never knew this?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2018
dingbang:
even in the Catholic church, there are members who still roll with the modern valentine way of celebration, So let's not act like saints. Yes we all know St Valentine "as we were taught" was a saint bla bla bla who was known for his acts of love.

Its unfortunate things have turned around but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate love. We spend a lot of our energy criticizing others instead of leading by example. If u feel that Val's day to you means showing love to the poor then do it instead of pointing fingers on those who are living their lives the way they want it.

You are completely off-point as far as the opening post is concerned.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:24am On Feb 14, 2018
Which one is tell me the saint in your own church?

Both the Pentecostals that discriminate against other denominations and Catholics like you that do same are all MAD

Turning the body of Christ into something else for frivolous reasons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 14, 2018
Nonsense. The person who composed this hogwash of an OP is definitely not a Christian

Please which pentecostal church celebrates valentine's day?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by hopefulLandlord: 8:24am On Feb 14, 2018
oh!
Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Bonaventura(m): 8:25am On Feb 14, 2018
The Catholic celebrate a lot of Saints who are believed to have lived good lives while on earth and therefore are in heaven. This is one of the doctrines of the Catholic Church.
The protestants however do not believe in the power of men( the Catholic) to declare someone a saint yet they single out Saint Valentine who is a saint like every other Saints in the Catholic faith to celebrate.
What an irony!
It's not even a feast in the Catholic Church like some other Saints. It's a memorial.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by wunmi590(m): 8:25am On Feb 14, 2018
Thank you Op for this wonderful write up, majority of them are hypocrites.

The greatest gift I have ever received from my parent is being a christian and knowing God, and lastly taking me through the step and doors of Catholic church.

Nothing and nobody would deviate and convince me to leave or dump Catholic doctrine for other church.

I would die in catholic and also teach my kid the doctrines of catholic.

Happy Ash Wednesday and happy Saint Valentines to all my Catholic faithfuls.

May this celebration marks the beginning of good things in our lives, may our different prayers be answered (Amen)

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Empredboy(m): 8:25am On Feb 14, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
lol... I'm waiting to see how this pans out.... PROUDLY CATHOLIC (though it's been a while I went to church)...
please always do
Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by judecares1(m): 8:26am On Feb 14, 2018
g
Re: Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most by Heavance(m): 8:26am On Feb 14, 2018
lonelydora:
No good Pentecostal church bash Catholic church.
Just what I was about typing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / {free} Face Divination Online / Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 70th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.