Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Gala - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gala (14379 Views)

Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour / Gala Is Now N70 / Do You Eat Beef Sausages, Gala And Co? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gala by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2010
How do i import gala from Nigeria without being seized at the airport?  cool cool cool
I really need me some gala and it is not getting funny anymore
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2010
You mean, no one has an idea?
Re: Gala by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2010
guy! get some oven fresh sausage and stop complaining. . . grin
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 12:46am On Apr 23, 2010
Nothing compared to gala . . . . . .so how do i get some from Nigeria without the customs confiscate them?
Re: Gala by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
chaircover:

I don't know o!

. . . . . . .But as for me I am guilty of bringing almost anything back to the UK

On my last trip I bought a whole odo and omo odo in my suitcase & I have been enjoying proper pounded yam since.

Boxes of Indomie, fan yoghurts, tubers of Yam, 5Kg bags of Semovita, Agege bread etc is normal luggage for me grin

I don't take clothes to or from Naija so my suitcase is always empty and I have to fill it somehow grin

I hear that it is illegal to import meat & fish to the UK now so I no longer bring back gala & Mr Biggs Meatpies with me cry

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
How did you do the odo thing?
How big was that suitcase?
Although, i hate that pounded yam nonsense done in those morta.
I really wanna have someone bring me a whole box of gala, cos i think i cant handle it anymore, i really missed that things jare.
Re: Gala by ubiaa5(f): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2010
winkthis is serious o,when u find a solution let me know.
Re: Gala by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2010
Re: Gala by mamagee3(f): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2010
Why don't you ask the Gala hawkers?
Re: Gala by ubiaa5(f): 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2010
@mamagee i didnt realise gala hawkers where also impoters.@chaircover you are tight how do u manage all the above.
Re: Gala by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2010
Re: Gala by Spanishfly(f): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2010
Yummmyy cheesy waiting for the feedback so I know. Was actually thinking of gala too but this airport angry, I feel you Fhemmy, I have that cravings too for gala sad
Re: Gala by dominique(f): 12:27am On Apr 26, 2010
my aunt and her hubby were able to get someone smuggle 2 cartons of gala to her last year, i wonder how they did it undecided.
femmmy, if you know some that makes regular trips to and from naija, it should be no biggie.
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 4:33am On Apr 26, 2010
chaircover:

LOL Femi

Is your other half pregnant and you are having sympathy cravings with her?

Lol . . . . . That was really funny.
For real, i cant get my head off the damn thing jare, i need the gala like i need air, never craved for something this much, and when i get it, i will make sure i had it with Spirite and no other drink.
I will make sure i smuggle enuf at my next trip cos i will eat there wont be enuf at all.
chaircover:

By ditching the Jeans & T-shirt and wearing a fully complete Naija outfit & dripping with gold and "boning all the way"

They think I am married to one of Naija's bigshots so they dont ask me any questions LOL

None of the items I bring into the UK is illegal at this end so I just breeze through the "Nothing to declare" door grin

@Femi I dont know what to suggest o! Beacuse as far as I know, Gala is on the illegal list.

What we dress in is what and who we are.
dominique:

my aunt and her hubby were able to get someone smuggle 2 cartons of gala to her last year, i wonder how they did it undecided.
femmmy, if you know some that makes regular trips to and from naija, it should be no biggie.

I beg help me ask them how they did it oh.

The problem is cos of what is inside the dough, i am sure it is not legal to import.
ubiaa5:

winkthis is serious o,when u find a solution let me know.

It is more than serious oh.
Re: Gala by spoilt(f): 4:51am On Apr 26, 2010
The last time I was in Naija, I ate gala. It felt like sawdust in my mouth. shocked That experience has cured that craving.
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2010
spoilt:

The last time I was in Naija, I ate gala. It felt like sawdust in my mouth. shocked That experience has cured that craving.

Maybe when i get such experience, i will stay off gala.
However, there are ways to pick and chose your gala . . . . . . Soft and fluffy feeling of it . . . . Oh my my
Re: Gala by nat138: 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2010
@poster, gala isn't as good as it used to be back in the day though.
is been a while I had it myself but I guess if u carry it as hand luggage, it
should be no biggie.
Re: Gala by dominique(f): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2010
@fhemmy
if you know anyone that travels to and from Nigeria at your end. it shouldn't be a big deals/he will just have to check it in the luggage and hope it doesn't get squished before they arrive wink.
BTW, there are a wide range of gala-like sausage rolls. we have meaty, beefy, chopsy, bigi. . . in fact they're too much to count. you can get the person to get you some variety.
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 5:14am On Apr 28, 2010
dominique:

@fhemmy
if you know anyone that travels to and from Nigeria at your end. it shouldn't be a big deals/he will just have to check it in the luggage and hope it doesn't get squished before they arrive wink.
BTW, there are a wide range of gala-like sausage rolls. we have meaty, beefy, chopsy, bigi. . . in fact they're too much to count. you can get the person to get you some variety.

Will try that, but nothing could replace a good gala
Re: Gala by harakiri(m): 2:39am On Apr 29, 2010
Send it by courier.Use DHL. . .they are good in hiding "things". cool
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 5:06am On Apr 29, 2010
harakiri:

Send it by courier.Use DHL. . .they are good in hiding "things". cool

Great Idea, but would take too long and could go bad by then.
It will be better through someone that is travelling back here from back home that will take only one day
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
More ideas
Re: Gala by dollz(f): 3:52pm On May 05, 2010
awwwwwwwwwwww mr femi pele o.pay for my trip and i ll bring in all kinds of gala
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 5:43pm On May 13, 2010
I wanna chop gala oh
Re: Gala by MissyB1(m): 7:17pm On May 13, 2010
Chai!!
Now, that Gala don enter ma throat. I need Gala and a bottle of Coke. ** Salivates**
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 1:09pm On May 14, 2010
Missy B:

Chai!!
Now, that Gala don enter ma throat. I need Gala and a bottle of Coke. ** Salivates**

You wicked, no be small, now you making it worse.
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 5:21pm On May 19, 2010
Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Re: Gala by Ejadamen(f): 7:13pm On May 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I wanna chop gala oh
Gala! The thing that's floating around like water here? grin grin grin I need to get me some,awww soft, fluffy,meaty with a bottle of Fanta. Yum!!!! hehehehe.
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 8:43pm On May 19, 2010
Ejadamen:

Gala! The thing that's floating around like water here? grin grin grin I need to get me some,awww soft, fluffy,meaty with a bottle of Fanta. Yum!!!! hehehehe.

Never knew you were this mean ohhhhhhhhhhhh
Kai
Re: Gala by babonboard(f): 12:25pm On May 20, 2010
grin oh sowwrry wish I could help cos a colleague of mine just got back from naija trip and guess wat i begged him to get me, GALA which he did. Infact you wont beleive where I have them hidden lol, Have been enjoyying it gradually 'diedie'.
Femi sorry alone ok,abi make i email u one?
(dashed out to ckeck d one in my bag is still intact).
Re: Gala by Ejadamen(f): 2:41pm On May 20, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Never knew you were this mean ohhhhhhhhhhhh
Kai

grin grin grin grin Yes I am tongue
Re: Gala by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On May 21, 2010
babonboard:

grin oh sowwrry wish I could help cos a colleague of mine just got back from naija trip and guess wat i begged him to get me, GALA which he did. Infact you wont beleive where I have them hidden lol, Have been enjoyying it gradually 'diedie'.
Femi sorry alone ok,abi make i email u one?
(dashed out to ckeck d one in my bag is still intact).

I used to think i have a lot of friend on this Food section, now i know better.
Now i know that i am on my own.
Fax me some now, haba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which City In Nigeria This Fruit Can Be Find, What Is It Called In English? / Where To Buy Choco Milo Cubes In The UK / How To Cook Moringa Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.