Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It (9483 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by braimeddy: 9:20am On Feb 14, 2018
I don't think u read the content well. This is fasting period so nothing like "happy Ash wednessday"
KrystosCJ:
Happy va-LENT-ine Day
Happy Ash Wednesday

Thanks OP for the encouraging message.

2 Likes

Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by KrystosCJ(m): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2018
braimeddy:
I don't think u read the content well. This is fasting period so nothing like "happy Ash wednessday"

I chose to be happy and wish that we find happiness in fasting, knowing that if we do it right, our sins will be washed away. Or have you forgotten the song

"Oh happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away".. hmm?

2 Likes

Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by ekpang4u(m): 9:44am On Feb 14, 2018
Spot on
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by freshboi88: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2018
I am so glad I was born catholic.
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by Chibabe1(f): 10:03am On Feb 14, 2018
Good write up
Proud to be a Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by udi4eva(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
#proudly to be a Catholic cool

"Proudly catholic" or "Proud to be a Catholic" would be better if we must profile ourselves based on our denomination.
I think we should rather be "Proud Christians" and sincerely/truthfully live up to it.
Shalom
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by braimeddy: 11:39am On Feb 14, 2018
You are just trying to be sarcastic. If u re truly a Catholic, then follow the doctrine. Don't act like an hypocrite
KrystosCJ:

I chose to be happy and wish that we find happiness in fasting, knowing that if we do it right, our sins will be washed away. Or have you forgotten the song

"Oh happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away".. hmm?

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
clems88:
Omo meat go cheap for market today grin
Rushing to the market cos I can't afford to miss this promo
grin grin[center][/center]
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by KrystosCJ(m): 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
braimeddy:
You are just trying to be sarcastic. If u re truly a Catholic, then follow the doctrine. Don't act like an hypocrite

You're just looking for trouble and begun calling names on someone you don't know. If you are a Catholic, then you would know better than to incite someone to sin. I'm not angry with you, I feel quite sorry for you.

Besides, if you think calling names will give you cheap points on popularity or respect in an online forum at the end of your computer/smartphone screen, it won't.

Let me practice my faith in peace and you do the same.

EDIT

Just in case you are not Catholic, you should also learn to respect another person's faith and not conclude that they live contrary to their faith on a single meet, be it online or in person.
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by braimeddy: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
What are u even saying? This 1 that u re jst writing plenty tins so. Calling u an hypocrite is not an insult. But if u look at it that way, I'm sorry about that. Go and read the Bible and see how hypocrites behave. Ash Wednesday is nothing to be happy about and I will keep on telling u that there's nothing like happyAsh Wednesday
KrystosCJ:

You're just looking for trouble and begun calling names on someone you don't know. If you are a Catholic, then you would know better than to incite someone to sin. I'm not angry with you, I feel quite sorry for you.

Besides, if you think calling names will give you cheap points on popularity or respect in an online forum at the end of your computer/smartphone screen, it won't.

Let me practice my faith in peace and you do the same.

EDIT

Just in case you are not Catholic, you should also learn to respect another person's faith and not conclude that they live contrary to their faith on a single meet, be it online or in person.

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by prittygift114: 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
Catholic all the way....God bless us
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by biggz82: 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
With the ASH for dia head Dem go still go Bleep today
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by Ubenedictus(m): 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
biggz82:
With the ASH for dia head Dem go still go Bleep today
talk weytin you know
Re: Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It by nwosunnanenye(m): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Sansa143:
smiley
Hey There What Church Do U Attend?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malaysian Crown Prince Shocks Muslim World, As He Converts To Catholicism / How Significant Is Good Friday? / RCCG 71st Annual Convention: Beyond Expectations, 7-13th Aug, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.