Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres (6874 Views)

Pictures Of Obi Cubana's Hotels And Clubs / Dangote Cement To Pay Over ₦97 Billion In Corporate Tax For 2020 Financial Year / JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by bakynes(m): 8:11am On Feb 14, 2018
benben1000:
Here they go again...sucking blood out of Biafraans. Everyone knows that 80% of hotels in Nigeria are owned by SE and SS. Afonjas and Hausa-Fulani don't invest in hotel business in numbers.
Too early for your tribal supremacy battle but on the contrary as someone who visit alot of hotels in Lagos because of my family members and friends who come from Abroad often, most of the hotels in Lagos are owned by Yorubas next to Edo(Benin) people. Igbos might dominate in other areas but not hotel business in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 14, 2018
mcquin:

Name the country where tax isn't paid by both the poor and the rich.

And last time I checked, the poor don't really use hotels and event centres in Nigeria as the rich. Do they?
Name the country where people don't get tax refunds?

1 Like

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by Adekdammy: 8:32am On Feb 14, 2018
benben1000:
Here they go again...sucking blood out of Biafraans. Everyone knows that 80% of hotels in Nigeria are owned by SE and SS. Afonjas and Hausa-Fulani don't invest in hotel business in numbers.

Oooooo, on this Wednesday morning again?

Where is David to come and stone this goliath again

2 Likes

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 14, 2018
mcquin:

Name the country where tax isn't paid by both the poor and the rich.

And last time I checked, the poor don't really use hotels and event centres in Nigeria as the rich. Do they?

Deceive yourself

1 Like

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by Acidosis(m): 8:56am On Feb 14, 2018
Wait, so after paying 30% of your income as VAT to the Federal Government FIRS and another personal income/or capital gain tax to LIRS; same LIRS still requests for 5% specially from Hotels and event centres?

This is cruel!

Meanwhile, local government will come asking for signboard tax, generator tax, radio tax, TV tax, ICT tax and other taxes in the same Lagos state!

And what do people get in return??

- Congestion and suffocation
- High traffic rate
- No water, so they dig their boreholes
- No light, so they spend on diesel and still pay electricity charges whether there is electricity or not.

The Nigerian government, both at the state and federal level, is EVIL.

If you support this evil, just count yourself an enemy of the state. You're the reason Nigeria will never see or experience development.

3 Likes

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by SmartMugu: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2018
mcquin:

You keep complaining it is Federal Government that is developing Lagos, yet cry fowl when Lagos government decides to generate it's money.
How really do you expect the government to cater for the needs of millions of Nigerians living in that small city.

You lots fail to talk about your state governments and their achievements. Please shun statements driven by tribal hate . No country develops using leaf from trees.
No one is being tribalistic here but you. What makes you think I'm not from Lagos? Your type jump from thread to thread thinking everyone is hating a certain tribe. My comment has nothing to do with your tribalistic stance and I'm not even sure why you quoted me.

1 Like

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by manci(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2018
Is a welcoming development I pray other states to follow

1 Like

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by toyoC1(f): 10:04am On Feb 14, 2018
oh dear

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by mcquin(m): 10:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Jupxter:

Deceive yourself
I asked a question sir. Questions elicit answers and with due respect sir, the question was never answered.
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by texazzpete(m): 10:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Lagos State is always quick to collect taxes, yet lax in providing services.

Always ironic to see that huge billboard exhorting people to pay their taxes whenever i drive through the Lekki tollgates...especially when you consider this same govt had no qualms in increasing tolls despite the higher level of tax compliance in that local government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by bababode825(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2018
benben1000:

Another silly comment from a naive individual.

Promote togetherness, peace and love.

Instead you promote senseless discord.

For you and all those who liked or shared this post, you are officially Insane

#Bigot
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by mcquin(m): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Name the country where people don't get tax refunds?
The subject is about subjecting "poor folks" to tax. Create a thread on tax refund and we'll debate on that.

In any case, your fears as expressed is part of the reasons for LIRS introduction of automative tax collection. That is being proactive, so you should commend that.
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by newslifeop: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2018
Good
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 14, 2018
mcquin:

The subject is about subjecting "poor folks" to tax. Create a thread on tax refund and we'll debate on that.

In any case, your fears as expressed is part of the reasons for LIRS introduction of automative tax collection. That is being proactive, so you should commend that.
Guy I don't have any problems with paying tax, in fact I have my merited tax clearances. For 2016 and about to file for 2017.

It's not about opening threads like you want to be seen, one is enough only ignorant people talk about taxes without tax filing , returns and related matters. What's there to comend about a government that keeps talking about citizens paying taxes knowing fully well that most of them don't even know thier duties and rights as regards filing taxes paying the government back taxes and getting returns if they paid too much?

1 Like

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by codedearner(m): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2018
Pls, take it easy.
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by mcquin(m): 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Guy I don't have any problems with paying tax, in fact I have my merited tax clearances. For 2016 and about to file for 2017.

It's not about opening threads like you want to be seen, one is enough only ignorant people talk about taxes without tax filing , returns and related matters. What's there to comend about a government that keeps talking about citizens paying taxes knowing fully well that most of them don't even know thier duties and rights as regards filing taxes paying the government back taxes and getting returns if they paid too much?
While your effort at being patriotic is commendable, I ask again; is the LASG not deserving of commendation for putting in place mechanisms to tackle over-taxation?
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by livebynite: 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
benben1000:

What are you trying to start?

Any plan to start tribal bashing will befall your career forever. You mischieviously initiate tribal bashing g and sit back and watch the Chaos
You are not even one of the ibos yet you come here to make us assault them verbally

You are trully evil and what you wish others will befall your generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by UfuomaUN(m): 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
Acidosis:
Wait, so after paying 30% of your income as VAT to the Federal Government FIRS and another personal income/or capital gain tax to LIRS; same LIRS still requests for 5% specially from Hotels and event centres?

This is cruel!

Meanwhile, local government will come asking for signboard tax, generator tax, radio tax, TV tax, ICT tax and other taxes in the same Lagos state!

And what do people get in return??

- Congestion and suffocation
- High traffic rate
- No water, so they dig their boreholes
- No light, so they spend on diesel and still pay electricity charges whether there is electricity or not.

The Nigerian government, both at the state and federal level, is EVIL.

If you support this evil, just count yourself an enemy of the state. You're the reason Nigeria will never see or experience development.

You have a big point! Honestly, there's a lot of money to be made in Lagos but it seems the money made in Lagos, stays in Lagos or worse still goes back to the Lagos govt tro multiple taxation
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
mcquin:

While your effort at being patriotic is commendable, I ask again; is the LASG not deserving of commendation for putting in place mechanisms to tackle over-taxation?
I'm not an accountant, auditor or a tax preparer, though I did some courses in tax preparation, but everything I know about taxes I learned by reading articles written by seasoned journalists who got thier information from tax regulatory bodies, let me assume that the op is not a journalist, well and fine .but it's obvious that who ever designed this software did not tell the press how it will really affect the poor as regards tax returns that is if he included it in the software

In fact let me tell you why they don't add tax returns to any article that has to do with taxes in Nigeria, it's simple because they are scared to let the masses know that government to an extent owes them (masses) money at the end of every fiscal year just like am expecting some money from a foreign government for paying too much and making little.

My point is that if government should ovahaul our tax system, they will just leave the poor alone cause they will payout more money than they realize.

In conclusion I won't commend a taxation effort that outlined how to help people pay what they owe, and penalize does who violates it and yet did not outline how to give back CASH to those who paid more yet made little.
Re: LIRS Begins Automated Collection Of Consumption Tax For Hotels And Event Centres by Elvis2kay: 5:50am On Mar 24, 2021
Pure lies.. riches dont pay tax

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start “okrika” Business In Nigeria / Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele / Earn A Lifetime Stream Of Increasing Income When You Invest In Oceanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.