Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos (34238 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / South-west Leaders Caution Igbos Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
xnsandrxns:

Lol
So you know you are just talk
Now that talk will cease

Every people have their charateristics...just like you have yours...which has its foundation in treachery and back stabbing...

When will yours cease...?

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Ereolamide: 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Let's take a minute to think here, why all this hue and cry?

Since the law has been passed what can ranting on nairaland achieve, it's like crying over split milk.

Wouldn't it be fun for young Igbo babes to learn and imbibe the language and culture of the state they live in.

OK next time Yorubas won't touch on the language issue anymore, we would write our state legislators to pick up land laws cheesy

E ma binu.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by xnsandrxns: 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Stingman:

Every people have their charateristics...just like you have yours...which has its foundation in treachery and back stabbing...

When will your cease...?
No time for senseless banter with a kid
Don't you have more cottonbud to hawk?
While at it, learn the language
And stop waking your parents with kicks

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by ConcernedNL: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
Stingman:

Go and preserve you shitty culture by telling the abookis to learn Yoruba in your market places...

You know they don't talk like the Igbos...They just do it.

When they react with emissaries from Kano and Sokoto..you little cowards will be forced to repel the law...

The day Yorubas start hating like igbos, the day we stop being as accommodating. Then you will see who is more cowardly.
About Emissaries from kano.... Thos are your own fears for your own people, emisaries from kano will do nothing, emisaries from kano want your own people....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Ihatepork: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
Why are these ones writing silly epistles about a bill that has already been passed. One daft mumu is even talking about marriage to potorpotor women lol. They always react without sense grin cheesy

And for those praising the OP that she's this and that. I hope you'll use the same mouth to praise her when she spews her regular nonsense

She's just as foolish as the rest of them. Don't be deceived. I don't know why some of you get easily carried away

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by akinyeleaa: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

u are still chest beating about ur phantom discriminatoy yoruba only legislation.

I am more interested in proscription of Yoruba from marrying Igbos.

In Nigeria we all have our interest and dislike.

Soon we will pressure Ohanaeze and South East Gov to declare anybody that marry Yoruba family Osu.

As for SS oil companies they must surely now relocate to Warri, Port Harcourt and Uyo.

Federal Gov must build deep seaport in Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

Yoruba have done their own, we must surely do our own.
Just the same thing op was talking about. What is this obsession with Yoruba for God's sake.
Why would you wanna outcast anyone who decides to marry Yoruba, Is it your life?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by mercyville: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
A TRIBAL LANGUAGE IS MEANT FOR MEMBERS OF THAT TRIBE.

IT ALLOWS DEM TO COMMUNICATE EXCLUSIVELY, EXCLUDING ALL OTHERS (NON MEMBERS).

YORUBA THINK BY FORCING US ALL TO LEARN THEIR LANGUAGE, WE WILL STOP BEING IJAW, IGBO, URHOBO, ITSEKIRI, IBIBIO EFIK, IGALA, IDOMA.

ONE QUESTION, WE ARE ALL SPEAKING ENGLISH, DOES IT MAKE US ENGLISH.

YORUBA WILL LEARN IN A HARD WAY WEN FOREIGNERS START USING THEIR LANGUAGE AGAINST THEM.

IT WILL HAPPEN.
lol..think deep,man and stop being sentimental.English is spoken almost all over the world.Has it been Ben beneficial or not?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by bakynes(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ereolamide:

I'm still in bemused as to why this is generating so much fuss.

When such law was promulgated in the east no Yoruba person batted an eyelid, now that we have done the same in Lagos a Yoruba state it has been worn the dark toga of tribalism.

I don't know why Igbos in particular feel threatened by this law, wouldn't it be fun for young Igbo babes to learn and imbibe the language and culture of the state they live in. grin
You need to understand the way most Igbos reason. Since Lagos is now Cosmopolitan,they expect us to drop everything that has to do with its history, roots ,Culture,Tradition and Language just to make them happy.

Awolowo knows what he was saying when he said there is nothing like Nigerians in the real sense of it like we have English people,Scottish people because they are a people of one tongue and language. Everybody else seems to understand these and take caution when outside their region. But it seems only Igbos do not understand this narrative, they feel they should have equal right with you on your own land but you cannot have equal right on their own land.

it was even their kins man in the person of Ironsi that change the system of how we lived according to our regions. So they should take their complain to him in the grave.

whether they like it or not we will not erase our culture and language in Lagos because it is Cosmoplitan. Until Igbos realize that we are not one people but only agreed to live together in one big space called Nigeria with every ethnic nation to their boundaries the better for them.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by letusbepieces: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
Stingman:

They should keep their vulture fingers away from umu-adanyi like this one...until they can speak Igbo.

Ndi ara!

Nwanne, they should keep off completely and go for their ewedu yoruba women. It will help Afonja protect their culture.

Ndiigbo should proscribe yoruba marrying from us, to help yoruba preserve their culture.

It is an act of kindness. The should leave our igbo sisters alone.

I am very serious about this and will lobby for such proscription from Ohanaeze and south east govs.

3 Likes

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
xnsandrxns:

No time for senseless banter with a kid
Don't you have more cottonbud to hawk?
While at it, learn the language
And stop waking your parents with kicks

You believe I live in that filthy city...of yours?

As for hawking...it is better than you drugged toll collector

Let me know when Osun and Ekiti have enacted the law...

Greedy cowards...

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by deomelllo: 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
bakynes:

You need to understand the way most Igbos reason. Since Lagos is now Cosmopolitan,they expect us to drop everything that has to do with its history, roots ,Culture,Tradition and Language just to make them happy.

Awolowo knows what he was saying when he said there is nothing like Nigerians in the real sense of it like we have English people,Scottish people because they are a people of one tongue and language. Everybody else seems to understand these and take caution when outside their region. But it seems only Igbos do not understand this narrative, they feel they should have equal right with you on your own land but you cannot have equal right on their own land.

it was even their kins man in the person of Ironsi that change the system of how we lived according to our regions. So they should take their complain to him in the grave.

whether they like it or not we will not erase our culture and language in Lagos because it is Cosmoplitan. Until Igbos realize that we are not one people but only agreed to live together in one big space called Nigeria with every ethnic nation to their boundaries the better for them.

Well said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
ConcernedNL:

The day Yorubas start hating like igbos, the day we stop being as accommodating. Then you will see who is more cowardly.
About Emissaries from kano.... Thos are your own fears for your own people, emisaries from kano will do nothing, emisaries from kano want your own people....

How else do you test cowards...

We want out totally so you can do as you please in your place...You say no...you prefer one Nigeria and yet you enact laws that seem discriminatory...especially against the Igbos. Mention any law you enacted that impacts the interest of the north?

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by ConcernedNL: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

Nwanne, they should keep off completely and go for their ewedu yoruba women.

It will help Afonja protect their culture.

Ndiigbo should proscribe yoruba marrying from us to help yoruba preserve their culture.

It is an act of kindness. The should leave our igbo sisters alone.

I am very serious about this and will lobby for such proscription from Ohanaeze and south east govs.

Lol. Mbanu. its late unfortunately.
We make your women feel more like women..... cant blame us its a culture thing, deal with it grin. oh! Abia girls kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by olabrad: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Efewestern:

Very silly move by the state government.

I read a thread here were some lagosians were complaining about the current air pollution in the state, especially how dirty are being littered everywhere, due to the new policy of the state governor , instead of them to address this issue and other issues bothering the state the only thing they could think of is this law, what a pity.

Like we all know Lagos belongs to Yoruba, what's the essence of the law?, what are they trying to proof?.

For those using IMO and anambra law to justify this, how many non Indigene are in those state compared to lagos, infact Lagos is home to all hence laws such as this should not see the light of the day.

So because Lagos is dirty, no other thing must be done until all the dirt are removed? There are times I wonder if some people shouldn't have their brains evacuated for unproductivity.

Some people are too daft and dumb to realise that failure to promote indigenous language can lead to extinction of the language. Maybe it's by force to comment.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
deomelllo:

The law is not about who Lagos belongs to, it's about promoting and preserving Yoruba language.

So, Yoruba people should not promote and preserve their language because Lagos State is home to people from other parts of the country?

Where is the sense in that argument?
Pardon grin kindly delete it at ur end there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
olabrad:

So because Lagos is dirty, no other thing must be done until all the dirt are removed? There are times I wonder if some people shouldn't have their brains evacuated for unproductivity.

Some people are too daft and dumb to realise that failure to promote indigenous language can lead to extinction of the language. Maybe it's by force to comment.

When will you promote same in the market places where the northerners thrive? Your laws only target the Igbos. How mant northerners apply to go to LASU? This won't affect them. If it affects them...hahaha...you know what they would do...Then emissaries will come form Sokoto and Kano and the coward legislators would be force to eat their vomit...Case closed...

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by ConcernedNL: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
Stingman:

How else do you test cowards...

We want out totally so you can do as you please in your place...You say no...you prefer one Nigeria and yet you enact laws that seem discriminatory...especially against the Igbos. Mention any law you enacted that impacts the interest of the north?

We dont care for one Nigeria, we want autonomy.... And autonomy is what we will achieve, whether Nigeria remains or not, We are yoruba, and then Nigerians.
About igbos going on their own, its actually a good idea, we dont support you doesn't mean we don't want it, we know your methods towards your goal is DOA, so why be futile with you.....

If the south west can grow at its own pace, and our people are secure, why should we care what Nigeria does.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by deomelllo: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Greedy Dunce!

It's about who Lagos belongs to and is a constant reminder that you people are homeless pigs are refugees there till kingdom come.

Yorubbas own Lagos just like your likes has claimed Enugu, IMO etc.

You're Igbo and you live in Lagos doesn't make it your home town or place of origin.
what tribe in Nigeria doesn't know Igbo people's home?

We accommodated you people only for you to call our lands a No man's land? and started dragging Lagos affairs with us as if is your ancestors land?

You people got no shame and are much worst than a Fulani herdsmen.

You quoted the wrong person..

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
ConcernedNL:

We dont care for one Nigeria, we want autonomy.... And autonomy is what we will achieve, whether Nigeria remains or not, We are yoruba, and then Nigerians.
About igbos going on their own, its actually a good idea, we dont support you doesn't mean we don't want it, we know your methods towards your goal is DOA, so why be futile with you.....

If the south west can grow at its own pace, and our people are secure, why should we care what Nigeria does.....

SW people are known for deceit, lies and propaganda...Everyone knows SW people don't support splitting of Nigeria..and you know it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Ihatepork: 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Greedy Dunce!

It's about who Lagos belongs to and is a constant reminder that you people are homeless pigs are refugees there till kingdom come.

Yorubbas own Lagos just like your likes has claimed Enugu, IMO etc.

You're Igbo and you live in Lagos doesn't make it your home town or place of origin.
what tribe in Nigeria doesn't know Igbo people's home?

We accommodated you people only for you to call our lands a No man's land? and started dragging Lagos affairs with us as if is your ancestors land?

You people got no shame and are much worst than a Fulani herdsmen.

You quoted the wrong person lmao cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Ereolamide: 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ihatepork:
Why are these ones writing silly epistles about a bill that has already been passed. One daft mumu is even talking about marriage to potorpotor women lol. They always react without sense grin cheesy

And for those praising the OP that she's this and that. I hope you'll use the same mouth to praise her when she spews her regular nonsense

She's just as foolish as the rest of them. Don't be deceived. I don't know why some of you get easily carried away

Don't mind the seaweeds they are easily swayed by fake prostration to truth. The yellow bellied idiot they're praising is as deformed in reasoning like her fellow apes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by ConcernedNL: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
Stingman:

When will you promote same in the market places where the northerners thrive? Your laws only target the Igbos. How mant northerners apply to go to LASU? This won't affect them. If it affects them...hahaha...you know what they would do...Then emissaries will come form Sokoto and Kano and the coward legislators would be force to eat their vomit...Case closed...

How old are you really?

The law has been set, hausa, igbo, kanuri, whoever would abide by it simple.

Why wait for hausa emissaries, why not send your own emissaries, abi....

At this stage, we as yorubas are becoming less and less concerned about what you will say or do, whatever it is bring it on, especially not the igbos....

Every

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by bakynes(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
deomelllo:

Well said.
Bro Look at the issue of Babaloja /Iyalojo issue, this practice has been there pre-colonial times and the British came and met it, they did not abolish it but Igbos will open shops in these markets and want to stop an age-long tradition which was what caused the Eze-Ndigbo to be flogged in Akure. They are a people who do not respect other peoples culture and tradition. They believe because they migrate to a place in huge numbers, you must abolish that your age-long tradition for them and you dare not try it with them on their own lands. They only language they understand is Violence that is why they comport when in the North.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
My Igbo friends, you guys are playing fast and lose with history.
First of all, please stop confusing Edo-state and Edo.
Edo-state is a land while Edo is a people.
So you can't "carve" anything into Edo.
The Edo are the citizens of the precolonial kingdom of Benin which had current Edo-state and Delta-state (Bendel) as subterritory.
Therefor Ika-Igbo are Edo, no land was carved into Edo state, know history well before talking.
Most people stupidly think that Benin Kingdom and Benin City are the same thing, but no, Benin City is only the capital of the kingdom.
Languages don't own land, kingdoms own lands.
The fact that my brother speaks Igbo doesn't make him anyless my brother.

Have a nice day.

gidgiddy:

Fo you talk sbout Igbnke? Six communities of Ika- Igbo speaking people carved into Edo.

6 Likes

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ereolamide:

Don't mind the seaweeds they are easily swayed by fake prostration to truth. The yellow bellied idiot they're praising is as deformed in reasoning like her fellow apes.

Truth is that you FEAR the Igbos..no be so?

In your heart can you swear that this Law is not meant to hurt the Igbos?

Will it hurt the northerners...the Ijaws as much...? The answer is no...

How about that little coward?
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
ConcernedNL:

How old are you really?

The law has been set, hausa, igbo, kanuri, whoever would abide by it simple.

Why wait for hausa emissaries, why not send your own emissaries, abi....

At this stage, we as yorubas are becoming less and less concerned about what you will say or do, whatever it is bring it on, especially not the igbos....

Every

How many aside of the Igbos seek admission in LASU?
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Ihatepork: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Stingman:

SW people are known for deceit, lies and propaganda...Everyone knows SW people don't support splitting of Nigeria..and you know it.

Until Yorubas go out there and join you in your useless protests before you believe we aren't against splitting Nigeria lol. And it doesn't even matter if you believe it or not. It doesn't change shxt. Our body language already tells you that but you're too dumb to realize it. Yorubas don't migrate to your potorpotor shalanga. It's the other way round. We're already passing bills of this nature in our land. That should be a signal. But as you've chosen to be blind, we can't help you grin cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by ConcernedNL: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Stingman:

My friend, let me tell you plain. The only people in Nigeria that dont support splitting is the North.

The only people who think disrespecting others to achieve their goals is the east, we wwill not support the igbos, simple. You are a disrespectful bunch and we are fine not supporting you, when we know we are ready to divide, out of Nigeria, we will push for it the way we know how to, teaming up with whoever we deem right, as of now, the time is not rife, neither are easterners jolly partners.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
yoruba once again trying to impose their language on others.
This is what the yoruba tried to do to my people when Bendel was part of the western region.
The scam is that, these african fake "historians" identify language with tribe.
Therefor yoruba try to force other people to speak their language and hence turn everybody into yoruba.
Which would increase their numbers.
This is how they started this whole scam called yoruba anyway.
Just take the language of ife and impose it on an entire region and then conclude that that entire region is made of one tribe only because they speak that same language which you forced upon them.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Stingman: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ihatepork:

Until Yorubas go out there and join you in your useless protests before you believe we aren't against splitting Nigeria lol. And it doesn't even matter if you believe it or not. It doesn't change shxt. Our body language already tells you that but you're too dumb to realize it. Yorubas don't migrate to your potorpotor shalanga. It's the other way round. We're already passing bills of this nature in our land. That should be a signal but as you've chosen to be blind we can't help you grin cheesy

Coward..why not come our clearly and be man enough to declare your nation. Do you see anyone asking those in Benin republic of any laws...

I pity those who might be affected by this..but I don't stay in your brown roof sh*thole of a place.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
yoruba can't take lagos in case of a split.
ConcernedNL:

My friend, let me tell you plain. The only people in Nigeria that dont support splitting is the North.

The only people who think disrespecting others to achieve their goals is the east, we wwill not support the igbos, simple. You are a disrespectful bunch and we are fine not supporting you, when we know we are ready to divide, out of Nigeria, we will push for it the way we know how to, teaming up with whoever we deem right, as of now, the time is not rife, neither are easterners jolly partners.....
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
Lagos loss will be SS/SE gain.

For long people in these region have suffered, died and payed the ultimate price which Yoruba gained.

We travel for hours to invest and contribute to lagos economy, many die on the way.

Our resources stationed there.

Becos of them, we dont have seaport, airport.

Today the yorubas have shot themselves in the foot and people like me will take dem to the cleaners using this excuse.

Imagine a deep sea port in delta state, Rivers and AkwaIbom.

Imagine these three states having their oil company stationed there.

I think, many of the militant ill disappear and economic boom will blosom.
Sorry, who are you? Letus plant, I guess....and you want to take Yoruba to the cleaners, right? smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Osinbajo, Ambode And Ajimobi / Okorocha Organises Special Reception For Gbajabiamila In South East (Photos) / Ruga: How Buhari Left Governor Lalong In Public Disgrace – Hon. Kaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.