Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,342 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others (33339 Views)

Seyi Makinde Increases Corpers' Allowance From ₦5000 To ₦15000 In Oyo State / NYSC: FG Pays The N33,000 Corpers' Allowance / FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
Kano State still owing 2016 ex-corpers after all the promises.
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by adeoba2008(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
Op. Why do you use this image now. That aunty offend you ?
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
So so good to hear.. I'm so loving this..
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by dignity33: 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
Enugu still remain one of the best state in Nigeria take it or leave it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Mexyz(m): 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
Only God knows how I ended up studying BFN.... Anyways, am proud to be serving this wonderful state.... Just so you know, if you want to serve in Rural areas in Enugu then be ready to climb hills...
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by idu1(m): 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
grin

The shot corper grin grin

God forgive me
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Dee1murphy(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
12submarine:

You are very right, some states pay other corpers 10k as far back as 10 years ago not to talk of doctors.

Serving Medical Doctors earn close to 100k in Lagos
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by murphyibiam15(m): 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
dignity33:
Enugu still remain one of the best state in Nigeria take it or leave it.
Mr man other states pay up to 80k and have been doing so.. so fvck off

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Myketuale(m): 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Doctors too dey serve?
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Baroba(m): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mexyz:
Only God knows how I ended up studying BFN.... Anyways, am proud to be serving this wonderful state.... Just so you know, if you want to serve in Rural areas in Enugu then be ready to climb hills...

They should know, Enugwu means on top of a hill, forget the colonial baptism by the British calling it Enugu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by lakesider(m): 5:58pm On Feb 14, 2018
12submarine:
So they have been paying doctors 3,800 all along? When some states pay all corpers 10k as far back as 10 years ago? I am sure those states must have been paying corper doctors around 30k then.

this is one of them , misplaced priority
it is not mandatory for state to pay corners,

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by thesicilian: 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Namzy:
Lol what a joke, was earning 52k in ogun state during Nysc in 2012 and was seriously complaining and you call this improvement
Don't mind them. See the way they are heaping praises. I was on 78k + 19.8k FG allowee somewhere in Ibadan 6yrs ago . I have always said a mediocre people will produce a mediocre government.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by thesicilian: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Dee1murphy:

Serving Medical Doctors earn close to 100k in Lagos
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by eneyoduke(m): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
So Engineering is not a professional field sha
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by jk1e(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
I don't know how true is that 3800 for doctors before,i doubt I did my nysc in Enugu 2013,state were paying 10000 then don't know of now shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by 12submarine(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
lakesider:

this is one of them , misplaced priority
it is not mandatory for state to pay corners,
Really? You guys must always look for ways to defend nonsense. Are you people not ashame of living in self delusion? Yes, it is not compulsory for states to pay corpers, why are ragtags making a whole lot of noise when a thread was created sometimes back about states with the highest corpers allowance? What are some of your brothers commending Enugu state government for even though it pays almost nothing as compared to some states? Are corpers from the east not complaining of low state allowances in other states even when their own states pay next to nothing? Or are you telling me that Lagos that pays doctors almost 100k is not aware of this rule?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by 86bee(f): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
mad people! how much is 30k dt dey r shouting over d media abt.
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by subcbouy: 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good one from Enugu Government, but nearly a decade ago, mates hear am, with token of 2,500 sha.
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Inricash(m): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
Bloody idiots... 30k as a doctor... Ifahia say I no redeploy���
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by LZAA: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
12submarine:

Really? You guys must always look for ways to defend nonsense. Are you people not ashame of living in self delusion? Yes, it is not compulsory for states to pay corpers, why are ragtags making a whole lot of noise when a thread was created sometimes back about states with the highest corpers allowance? What are some of your brothers commending Enugu state government for even though it pays almost nothing as compared to some states? Are corpers from the east not complaining of low state allowances in other states even when their own states pay next to nothing? Or are you telling me that Lagos that pays doctors almost 100k is not aware of this rule?
Lagis is home to the only operational ports in naija
home to almost all embassies
the most populated state
do u see where this is going
not to mention the former capital
what is funny is dat d former western region capital was IBADAN not lagos
so lagos has advantages other states don't
its like comparing alabama to california ffs
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by pennywys(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
This doctor peeps deserve even more
The stress, the task they gone through
Is incomparable to others.
I pray other states emulate this development
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by bornolowu(m): 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
[quote author=lilkudos post=65065701]

Enugu State Government has announced increase in the allowance for National Youth Service Corps ( NYSC ) members serving in primary healthcare facilities in rural areas in the state.

The Commissioner for Information, Mr Ogbuagu Anikwe, announced this in Enugu on Wednesday while briefing newsmen on the outcome of the State Executive Council meeting.

Anikwe said that medical doctors serving in hospitals in rural areas would henceforth receive N30, 000 monthly from the state government as against N3, 800 being given to them currently.

Similarly, he said, pharmacists, nurses, radiographers, laboratory scientists and statisticians would receive a monthly stipend of N20, 000.

He announced that the government also planned to review the service condition and welfare of other set of corps members in the state.

The commissioner explained that the increase in allowances of the corps members serving in health facilities was to further ensure that health services were taken close to rural dwellers.

“The government has approved that each corps member selected to work as a medical doctor in government hospital in the rural areas will get a monthly stipend of N30, 000.

“All of these will cost the government extra N31.2 million per annum but it is an expense that is worth it. It is to ensure that health facilities are available at the door steps of our people,” he said.

Anikwe said that the government noted the challenges of getting medical personnel to work health facilities in rural communities and decided on the incentive.

According to him, the council decided that one sure way to solve the problem is to get health personnel from the NYSC who will be encouraged with an increased stipend.

The commissioner said that the state government had invested much in rural communities and would want such facilities to have direct impact on the inhabitants.

“Before now, Enugu had a peculiar problem because the state was paying a certain amount as allowance and it led to an influx of youth corps members from all over the country, wanting to serve here.

“It then became impossible for the state government to continue to sustain that stipend because we are not out of the woods yet.

“So, we are not unmindful of what to do for corps members but everything we are doing, we check our purse.

“I am sure that as the finances of the state government improves, we will come to a point where everybody is given an allowance that enables them cope with the condition of life in the country,” he said.

Anikwe said that the government was first looking at very critical sectors, adding that others would follow soon.

He said that the governor, Mr Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, was passionate about making residents of the state competitive and healthy “and that is why his economic blueprint traversed the entire state”.

Also, Commissioner for Works, Mr Greg Nnaji, said that the state government had approved the renovation and upgrade of eight district hospitals across the state.

Nnaji said that the gesture was to reduce the pressure on secondary health facilities in the state and to ensure that residents did not have to travel to the state capital for medical attention.

I laff in greek , ..where some states pay up to 80,000...
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by sundamonex(m): 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
EDO government, u na dey c am ? u na dey read am? u na dey hear am? we Edo corpers r waiting o...

pls I urgently need OBASEKI number
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by 12submarine(m): 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

idiot how much is your state paying
Idiot, my state pays 5k to all corpers. Doctors collect far more than that.
Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by FrankFrenzy(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
12submarine:
So they have been paying doctors 3,800 all along? When some states pay all corpers 10k as far back as 10 years ago? I am sure those states must have been paying corper doctors around 30k then.

I earned 10k per month as a non medical Enugu Corps member in 2013. The highest you can get then in any part of the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
12submarine:

So ur among the adults in Nigeria that believe these useless n hopeless blog news abi?

Enugu state presently pay corpses 10k every month talk more of the medical.doctors. NO MEDICAL DOCTOR WILL COLLECT 3800 NAIRA ON ANY PART OF NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Corps Member Participating In Election To Receive N35,000 – NYSC / Heavy Rain At NYSC Edo Camp Destroys Dilapidated Structures, Corpers Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.