Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala (3251 Views)

Windscribe VPN Mocks Nigerians And Buhari After Twitter Ban Was Lifted (Photos) / 6 Best Phones With Under Display Fingerprint Sensor / How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Phones with fingerprint sensor were too high-end for the average Nigerian but with the introduction of new and affordable phones by OEMs...you can get a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor for as low as N20,000. i.e Leagoo Kiicaa Power
( https://www.nairaland.com/3986064/leagoo-kiicaa-power-discussion-thread )

Now comes the problem.

Since Nigerians are just beginning to adopt this technology, complains are high about responsiveness of the sensor of many brands and models. I have been following this trend and realized that Nigerians are to blame 98% of the time. The remaining 2% are as a result of bad sensors of that particular unit.

Users scan only one part of their fingers when setting up the unlock function while they're meant to scan all parts of the finger. Lower tip, middle, bottom, left and right.

If your fingerprint sensor is slow, delete it and setup again...but this time scan all parts of your finger and it will respond faster.

If after all this the response is still slow, then your village rats have downgraded your finger to version 1.0 grin

Happy Scanning.

Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by LeJeun3: 10:38pm On Feb 14, 2018

OP, please admit that the sensors are of poor quality......

The finger print sensor on the Samsung Note 4 and the finger print sensor on the Note 5 are miles apart....

That of the iPhone 5s and that of the iPhone 6s are miles apart once again....

It's not really about setting it up.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by ubev01(m): 11:29am On Feb 15, 2018
Anybody expecting the same performance from a fingerprint scanner on a 20k phone to that of a 200k phone should USE HIS UPPER

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by aieromon(m): 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
ubev01:
Anybody expecting the same performance from a fingerprint scanner on a 20k phone to that of a 200k phone should USE HIS UPPER

I share the same view.

It all boils down to the sensitivity of the FP scanner which is dependent on cost.

If you want a sensitive and efficient FP scanner, buy a high end device. Period!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
LeJeun3:

The finger print sensor on the Samsung Note 4 and the finger print sensor on the Note 5 are miles apart....

Yes, sensors can go bad or perform poorly, but this piece was inspired by first hand experience. I sold a customer a phone and he complained about the sensor bring slow to respond. I simply told him to delete and setup again, but this time ensuring to scan all parts of the finger and response was super fast!
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by juwonloo(m): 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
fvck you, I used leagoo kiicaa power, my sensor is fvckibing fast, and active, so I don't know abt you,

for your info it's sold 21500 on jumia not wat you bullshit it
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2018
ubev01:
I agree! Quality hardware is more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
juwonloo:
fvck you, I used leagoo kiicaa power, my sensor is fvckibing fast, and active, so I don't know abt you,

for your info it's sold 21500 on jumia not wat you bullshit it

Cool down! Nobi fight!

The phone was sold for as low as N15,000 last week. It's currently 20,990. grin
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by juwonloo(m): 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
nenergy:
Phones with fingerprint sensor were too high-end for the average Nigerian but with the introduction of new and affordable phones by OEMs...you can get a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor for as low as N20,000. i.e Leagoo Kiicaa Power
( https://www.nairaland.com/3986064/leagoo-kiicaa-power-discussion-thread )

Now comes the problem.

Since Nigerians are just beginning to adopt this technology, complains are high about responsiveness of the sensor of many brands and models. I have been following this trend and realized that Nigerians are to blame 98% of the time. The remaining 2% are as a result of bad sensors of that particular unit.

Users scan only one part of their fingers when setting up the unlock function while they're meant to scan all parts of the finger. Lower tip, middle, bottom, left and right.

If your fingerprint sensor is slow, delete it and setup again...but this time scan all parts of your finger and it will respond faster.

If after all this the response is still slow, then your village rats have downgraded your finger to version 1.0 grin

Happy Scanning.

crazy fellow
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
juwonloo:

crazy fellow
Dude, WhatsApp? Seems you didn't read the post well.
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by juwonloo(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
nenergy:

Cool down! Nobi fight!

The phone was sold for as low as N15,000 last week. It's currently 20,990. grin

for your lies you will die of hanging till your last breath, wat a fvck, I order for ² one for me and my lil sister,

you talking bullshit
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by juwonloo(m): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
nonsense tread

#getofff
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by LeJeun3: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
nenergy:

Yes, sensors can go bad or perform poorly, but this piece was inspired by first hand experience. I sold a customer a phone and he complained about the sensor bring slow to respond. I simply told him to delete and setup again, but this time ensuring to scan all parts of the finger and response was super fast!

Can't argue much but what I know, the quality of the FP determines it's functionality

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by juwonloo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
spec 5.0"HD IPS 1.3GHz Quad core CPU Front camera : 5mp Rear: main 8mp+ sub 5mp very bright , check my profile picture. Dual sim standby 2gb ,+16gb ROM memory 4000mah Li_polymer battery

wat else do you won't in a phone angry
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by juwonloo(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
guy no let me stone you deir l, cuz you dey spoil someone else market,

all this Samsung tecno infinix itel, they are all China brands, and na name them dey sell

iPhone is proudly made in china
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
juwonloo:

for your lies you will die of hanging till your last breath, wat a fvck, I order for ² one for me and my lil sister,

you talking bullshit
Oh lawd! Guy calm down... I didn't say the Leagoo Kiicaa Power has poor fingerprint sensor. I only used it as an example of budget phones with fingerprint sensors. Chill dude!

For you information, I have sold over 25 units if the phone since last year...so I'm not trashing the phone
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by juwonloo(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
nenergy:

Oh lawd! Guy calm down... I didn't say the Leagoo Kiicaa Power has poor fingerprint sensor. I only used it as an example of budget phones with fingerprint sensors. Chill dude!

For you information, I have sold over 25 units if the phone since last year...so I'm not trashing the phone
bro you did
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:30am On Feb 16, 2018
I use a Samsung s8+ and my scanner is dope, no long thing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 7:44am On Feb 16, 2018
pinkyruledworld:
I use a Samsung s8+ and my scanner is dope, no long thing

I did a Google search on Samsung s8+ fingerprint issues and quite a number of people reported issues. So yes, sensor na sensor. Sensor fit spoil!
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by babacode1: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2018
I need to get this leagoo today, any1 with a link of a store in computer village where I can get it?
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by Goodnuel: 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
grin grin
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by Adekunlediamond: 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
sensors are not d same cant compare samsung with leagoo
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by jetz(m): 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
chai lwkmd
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by nenergy(m): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
babacode1:
I need to get this leagoo today, any1 with a link of a store in computer village where I can get it?
Have you gotten it already?
Re: Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala by princemillla(m): 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
LeJeun3:

Good observation. The difference In that of s6 edge n 6 edge plus is far far clear.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ZAIN LINE ACTIVED UNDER 2MINS / Free 2go Chat With BIS Now Possible / MTN is So WICKED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.