Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. (2166 Views)

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
The issue of TITTHING is one that has been making wave of recent in the Christendom with regards to the authenticity of it.
The response to that has always been kind of controversial and two sided with a set of people saying that it is invalid and wrong for Christians to tithe claiming that Malachi 3:10 which contains the commandment to tithe was actually commanded to the Jews and given in the time of the law and as Christians since we are no longer under the law, it is wrong for Christians to tithe WHILE another set of people claims it right for Christians to tithe giving whatever reasons they have out there to give.
But in the midst of this debate, the one trillion dollar question lingers:

TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG.

Well That's what we will be looking at in this article.

DISCLAIMER:
1.) Please to all readers of this article, if you are a non Christian (i.e an atheist, Muslim, pagan or whatever religion is out there), please do not comment on this thread, respect yourself and your belief, do not comment including seun but you are free to read and be indoctrinated.
The tithing issue is a christian thing, so let the Christians solve their problem by themselves. Only Christians are permitted to comment on this thread.
2.) If you are a Christian, do not comment on this thread if you haven't read through this article to know what I'm talking about to avoid you saying what you shouldn't have said or embarrassing yourself here or saying things out of point or derailing this thread or saying things without having knowledge of this article.

NOTE: This article is lengthy. it is so because I explained everything in details backed up with bible passages (most especially from the new testament) it also contains frequently asked questions in regards to this topics and how I answered them by GOD'S grace.
So if you can't read it all in one go, I advise you bookmark this page or save and read it up in your leisure time.

N/B: I'm not a pastor neither is any member of my family a pastor. I'm not an agent or a P.A or a spokesman to any pastor. I don't benefit from any pastor financially. So don't think i'm doing this to protect any pastor's interest.
I'm just a young concerned Christian who is concerned with the way the Bible is been misinterpreted and tweaked to fit certain people's assumptions. I'm also concerned with the way people are been deceived and I want to correct that.

seun, lalasticlala and other Nairaland moderators, every anti tithing thread has been making front page. I want this to also make it to front page so that people can SEE IT, READ IT and be RE-INDOCTRINATED.

Now my fellow Tithers, the anti tithers have always made any anti tithing article to go viral by posting it in all social media platforms. It's time to do the same thing. Tithers, please help me make this post go viral by posting it in all social media platforms so that people can SEE IT, READ IT and be RE-INDOCTRINATED.

But don't forget to give me credit as the actual writer of this article (come on, don't look at me that way, who doesn't want to receive credit or acknowledgement for his or her work grin grin grin), although it is optional and not compulsory. Just make sure it goes viral. I need your helps on that.

Now that all has been said and done, buckle up, it's time to get this started.

AUTHENTICITY OF TITHING:

Of course, we all know what tithing is all about, so there isn't any need for me to talk about that. But the hard nut to crack is if tithing is actually right, authentic, genuine or not.
Well thanks to my inquisitive and curious nature, I had to go deep into the bible and ransacked it most especially the new testament to find out the answer to the authenticity of tithe and by the grace of GOD, I was able to find out that tithe is not only authentic but overly, with biblical proves from the new testament.

Although I said I didn't want to get myself involve in this tithing saga, but it has been a burden in my heart to indoctrinate people on my findings about tithing with new testament biblical proves and I have decided that after this, I aren't gonna be involving myself in tithing issues except need be.

NEW TESTAMENT SUPPORT OF TITHING:

Tithing as a doctrine is something that was not only mentioned or talked about in the old testament but was also supported and mentioned in the new testament either directly or indirectly. How and where? you may ask, that's what I'm about to show you.
Take a look at the below new testament proves of tithing.

1.) PROOF ONE:
The bible in Luke 6:38 (KJV) says;

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

The above scripture is a commandment by JESUS for Christians to give. But where is tithing mentioned there? you may ask. Before I answer that let look at the meaning of giving.
GIVING in general means "TO RELEASE SOMETHING (I DON'T MEAN RELEASING TO PAY FOR SERVICE OR GOODS) TO SOMETHING, SOMEBODY OR FOR THE COURSE OF SOMETHING EITHER WILLINGLY, COERCIVELY, WHOLEHEARTEDLY OR GRUDGINGLY".
It doesn't matter the mood by which it was given, so far something is released, it is GIVING. And the things that can be given could be anything ranging from house to money to car, land, service, energy, life, love, advice, clothes, food etc.

TITHING is a kind of giving because something is been released.
OFFERING is a kind of giving because something is been released.
CHARITY is a kind of giving because something is been released.
GIVING TO THE POOR AND LESS PRIVILEGE AROUND YOU is a kind of giving because something is been released.
GIVING TO YOUR PARENTS is a kind of giving because something is been released.
In summary, anything that has to do with you releasing something is GIVING.

When JESUS commanded the Christians to give, HE didn't tell us how to give, where to give, who to give to, what to give and what manner to give in. HE didn't also said "GIVE EXCLUDING TITHING", rather HE just said "GIVE".

When JESUS commanded the Christians to give, HE was indirectly commanding them to TITHE, pay OFFERINGS, give to CHARITY, give to the POOR AND LESS PRIVILEGE around them. Anything that has to do with them releasing something, that is what HE commanded them to do.
See GIVING as the common noun and general name of anything that has to do with you releasing something and see the different type of GIVING as the proper nouns of it.

NOTE: When I'm talking about releasing something, I mean positively. so don't misquote me. THANKS.

2.) PROOF TWO:
Malachi 3:10 (KJV) says;

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

The above passage is self explanatory. It is a commandment by GOD to the believers to tithe.
But this is an old testament commandment and it was commanded to the jews? you may ask.
Yes, it is an old testament commandment and was commanded to the Jews but this old testament commandment was not annulled by CHRIST but was supported, mentioned, preached and admonished by HIM in the new testament. where? you may ask.
Matthew 23:23 (KJV) says;

" Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

For a more clearer understanding, let's look at the above passage in the NLT version.
Matthew 23:23 (NLT) says;

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Also Luke 11:42 (KJV) says;

" But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

And it NLT version says;

"What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."
Luke 11:42 (NLT).

JESUS in the above quoted scriptures criticized the Jewish leaders and teachers for laying more emphasis on tithing rather than what they should be teaching (justice, mercy and faith), HE didn't tell them to stop tithing rather HE told them to TITHE (as commanded in Malachi 3:10) but they should lay more emphasis on other important teachings.
In summary, Malachi 3:10 which is an old testament Jewish commandment, was supported, mentioned, preached and admonished in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 in the new testament.

3.) PROOF THREE:

Mark 12:38-44 (KJV);

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living."

Luke 21:1-4, also narrated the same scenario above.

The above scripture(s) paints a scenario where people gave in the temple and the only kind of givings that was commanded to be giving in the temple which today is the church in the bible from Genesis to Revelation were;
TITHES, OFFERINGS, SEEDS, VOWS, SACRIFICE AND DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH.

There is a probability of those givers giving any of the above, since the Bible didn't mention how they gave, it only stated they CASTED which means they GAVE.
Among the givers was a poor widow giving all her all.

Notice JESUS reaction, HE didn't stand up and reacted saying;

why should this poor widow give, how is she gonna take care of herself, don't she have a life, don't she have a family to Care of, how is she going to feed. why should the poor in general give. who are they giving to, who is going to eat or benefit from their giving, is it not the religious leaders (which today are the pastors), why should the poor give to feed the pastors. is this not a fraud, scam, deceit and deprivation?

The above wasn't HIS reaction, rather HE sat down and watched her quietly and after she has done what she came for, HE stood and praised her actions (which was giving to the temple which today is the church, willingly, cheerfully and wholeheartedly), acknowledged her and set her as an example to givers (which includes tithers) in general.
Does that mean JESUS is heartless? No HE isn't. HE praised her because HE knew she did the right thing.

JESUS by his actions in the above scriptural passage, supported, acknowledged and admonished giving to the temple, which tithing is a part of.
So JESUS supported tithing in the above scriptural passage and scenario indirectly.

And I always ask, who are you to tell me not to do what JESUS CHRIST supported, preached, mentioned and admonished.
Who are you to tell me not to tithe when JESUS supported, preached, mentioned and admonished it.
So tell me, who should I listen to, you or JESUS CHRIST.

That's why I have decided that as a Christian, till death or till CHRIST comes, I will continue to be a Tither, I will continue to Tithe even if it (my Tithe) runs into billions and even if i'm the only Tither in the WORLD.
If anyone is not Happy or Okay about that, sorry dear, it's not my fault, but there is something called SUICIDE.

Despite the above proves to show that tithing is authentic, there are certain questions and points been asked and used by some Christians most especially the Anti Tithers to test the authenticity of tithing.
We will be looking at those questions and points and by GOD'S grace I will be answering them and countering them below.
Those questions and points will be grouped as CASES.
Enough talking, let's get this started.

TO BE CONTINUED, CHECK BELOW FOR MORE..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 1: ACCORDING TO MATTHEW 23:23, TITHING WAS ONLY COMMANDED TO THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS

Yes, when JESUS was talking about tithing in Matthew 23:23, HE was talking and referring to the religious leaders which includes priest and pastors, but that command was not only for them alone, it was for the Christians also.
The Bible in 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) says;

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light."

Revelation 1:6 (KJV) says;

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

The above passages likened or referred Christians as priest (bolded). So let analyse it;

Religious leaders which includes PRIEST are to tithe in Matthew 23:23, 1 peter 2:9 and Revelation 1:6 likened or referred Christians as PRIEST. If Religious leaders which include PRIESTS are to Tithe that means Christians are to Tithe since they are likened or referred to as PRIEST. Case Close.

If Christians are referred to as priest, why do they still need pastors then? you may ask.

Even the priests has high priest which guards and directs them, so likewise do Christians need pastors to guard, teach, doctrinate and direct them.
Beside JESUS was the one that appointed them over the Christians when HE commanded peter and the rest of the apostles to feed HIS sheep (John 21:1517), when HE also commanded them to go into the world and preach the gospel (Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15-18).
Also the bible in Ephesians 4:11-12 (KJV) says;

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ"

The above passage says it all. Pastors are appointed by JESUS CHRIST and GOD himself to teach, guard, direct, edify, indoctrinate the Christians even as PRIEST.

CASE 2: JESUS DIDN'T ANNUL TITHE BUT ADMONISHED IT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO INTERFERE WITH THE JEWISH LAW

Oh really, is that so? are you trying to say JESUS didn't interfere with the Jewish law at all?
To answer that, let's go down memory lane.

MEMORY LANE 1:
When the woman that was caught in the act of adultery was brought to JESUS in John 8:1-11 (I don't wanna post the entire passage here, to avoid unnecessary lengthiness, but you can go read it up on your own), what happened?
According to the Jewish law (old testament), anyone (either a male or a female) that was caught in the act of adultery should be stone to death publicly, but what happened when the adulterous woman (and I always ask where was her male partner) was brought to JESUS for judgement?
HE stopped and prevented her to be stoned to death. He didn't come to interfere with the law but why did HE prevent the law from taking it's course, HE interfered with it, because by right and fairness, JESUS by HIS action rebelled and disobeyed the law. Why did JESUS have to interfere and annul this law. This law, was it not given by GOD to the jews, was GOD sleeping when HE did that or was HE dumb?

MEMORY LANE 2:
In Mark 2:23-28, JESUS and HIS disciples could be seen walking through the corn field and harvesting it on a Sabbath day.
According to the Jewish laws (old testament law), No work which includes going to the field (farm), should be done on a sabbath day but in the scenario shown in Mark 2:23-28, JESUS and HIS disciples flawed that law by going to the corn field, and not only that, they also plucked ears of corn and when confronted by the Jews, JESUS defended HIMSELF and HIS disciple's actions.
HE didn't come to interfere with the law but why did HE disobey and flaw the law of the Sabbath. HE interfered with it and even annul it.
Anti Tithers always say JESUS didn't want to interfere with Jewish laws because HE didn't want to offend GOD? HIS actions and statements above is it not interference? Does that mean, according to JESUS actions and statements, that GOD made a mistake when HE was giving that law to the Jews.

MEMORY LANE 3:
JESUS in Matthew 5:38-48 (KJV) said;

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

According to the Jewish law, payback was permitted and allowed but JESUS interfered and annulled that law.
HE didn't come to interfere with the law but HE annulled the law of payback by rendering it invalid, so tell me is that not interference?

MEMORY LANE 4
The law of Jerusalem been the only right place to worship in John 4:20 , but what did JESUS say about it, in John 4:21-23 (KJV) HE said that;

" Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."

JESUS automatically interfered not only interfering but HE annulled that law. If CHRIST didn't come or didn't want to interfere with Jewish laws but only to remind them, why did HE interfere and annul the above law, why didn't HE just remind the Jews or the Samaritan woman of such law and walk off.
Who gave that law of I may ask? GOD of course. So does that mean that GOD was dumb to give such law or HE wasn't in HIS right senses when HE gave that law.
Why must/ should JESUS interfere with that law and even annulling it. Is HE trying to say GOD made a mistake when HE gave that law.

MEMORY LANE 5:
According to the Jewish law, One getting remarried after he or she has been divorced (that is, if his divorced partner is still alive), so far he or she put it down into writing and signed the divorce documents was allowed and permitted but what did JESUS say about that, let's look at that in Matthew 5:31-33 (KJV);

"It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

And in Matthew 19:3-9 (KJV);

"The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

JESUS in the above passages completely opposed and interfered with the law of divorce, and not only that, HE annulled it.
If JESUS didn't come to interfere with the Jewish law but to remind them why did HE oppose, interfered and annul the law of divorce. Why didn't HE just remind them of their law, why did HE have to annul it.

NOTE: The apostle Paul through the inspiration of the HOLY SPIRIT explained more about the law or doctrine of divorce in 1 Corinthians 7:10-11, Romans 7:2-3.

MEMORY LANE 6:
The law of the Jews of washing one's hand to signify purification before eating in Mark 7:1-5, what did JESUS say about it. Take a Look at JESUS reply in Mark 7:15, 18-23;

"There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."

JESUS reply in the above passage was in opposition to the said jewish law. HE opposed it, interfered it and annulled it stating that; "it is not what goes into a man that defile him but what comes out of him", meaning that washing of one's hand to signify purity was of no use because doing it doesn't signify purity and doing the contrary doesn't signify defilement also.
If JESUS didn't come or want to interfere with the Jewish law, why did HE oppose, interfered and annulled such law. Why didn't HE speak in favour of it. Why didn't HE remind them of their law (like anti tithers claim HE came to do) and walk off.

And so many other instances were JESUS interfered with the law.

And I always ask, why didn't JESUS annul the law of Tithing if HE didn't want Christians to obey it, why did HE support and endorsed it in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42.
If JESUS was against Tithing, why didn't HE annul it Just as HE annul lot's of Jewish laws including the above listed ones.
Why did HE have to support and endorse it in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42.

One of the things JESUS was doing during HIS earthly ministry was either annulling or establishing/ supporting laws.
HE annulled lot's of Jewish laws which includes the above listed ones but why didn't HE annul the law of Tithing if HE was against it or if it was wrong. Why did HE mention it, supported and endorsed it in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42.

Does that mean JESUS CHRIST rebelled and disobeyed GOD by interfering and annulling certain Jewish law?

NOP, let's take a look at the bible in Matthew 28:18 (KJV)

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

In Luke 9:28-36 (NIV)

"A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen. listen to him".

The above passages shows that the GODSHIP power and authority has been handed over to JESUS CHRIST by GOD himself, so whatever HE says is what stands. GOD himself commanded "LISTEN TO HIM", so Christians should listen to what JESUS CHRIST says.
JESUS has the power to annul and dis-annul any law or doctrine. Any law HE annuls, is annulled and any law HE promotes, teaches and establishes, is established and the TITHING law is one of those laws HE didn't annul, rather HE preached it, supported it, mentioned it and admonished it directly and indirectly.

But JESUS CHRIST didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it? you may ask.

Yes, HE didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it by establishing grace (salvation) but in the process of doing that, certain laws which contradicted with grace were annulled (tithing isn't one of those laws) why those that were not contradictory with grace were allowed (and tithing is one of those laws).

CASE 3: TITIHING IS NOT FOR THE CHRISTIANS BECAUSE EVEN JESUS CHRIST COMMANDED IT TO THE JEWS, DURING THE TIME OF JUDAISM AND BEFORE HIS DEATH (WHICH WAS WHEN HE ESTABLISHED GRACE):

This is the dumbest of all dumbest counter points I have, is and will ever come across in my not up to 30 years on Earth (NO OFFENCE)

JESUS himself was a Judaist, HE was born into a Judaist family and nation, HE was raised with Judaist customs, laws and values. HE took part in Judaist festivals both religious and non religious, HE attended the synagogue and temple, HE studied the Torah which is the old testament law, HE even quoted them in HIS teachings. Most of HIS ministries where done within the border of Israel except in few cases where HE went out of the border of Israel into other countries.

All of JESUS teachings, doctrines and commandments were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism except the below commandments that were given after HIS death, which are;

1.) The great commission: where HE charged HIS disciples and the Christians to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.
2.) Where HE charged peter and HIS disciples (pastors) to feed HIS sheep (the Christians). John 21:15-17.
3.) Where HE charged HIS Disciples to wait at Jerusalem until they be endued with power from on high (The HOLY SPIRIT). Luke 24:49

Aside from the above three commandment, all other commandments, teachings and doctrines of JESUS were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism.

So, if were are to go with the logic that tithing is invalid and wrong because it was commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism and before the death of JESUS CHRIST, that means logically, all of JESUS laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments are all invalid, wrong and not for the Christians because they were all commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism, and before HIS death.

Of course not, because those laws were the laws of grace (which includes tithing) that HE instituted before HE established Grace by HIS death.
Let's assume all the laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments of JESUS (which were the laws of grace) were commanded to the Jews, HE later commanded HIS disciples and the Christians in general to preach the message of salvation (which includes grace and its laws) to all the world. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.

So, That Line Of Argument Is Just Plain Invalid And Meaningless.

1 Like

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by sonofluc1fer: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Tithing is not right or wrong.

It's just foolish.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 4: IF TITHING MAKES ONE SUCCESSFUL WHY ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE NON TITHERS LIKE MARK ZUCKERBERG, JEFF BEZOS etc RICH AND EVEN RICHIER THAN MOST TITHERS:

I will be answering/ countering the above question or point in three sections.

SECTION ONE:
The above question and point is the massive jaguar the anti tithers always use to disprove the authenticity of tithing.
But the question is DOES TITHING ACTUALLY MAKE ONE RICH OR SUCCESSFUL?"

To answer let's visit the Bible. The Bible in Genesis 3:19 (KJV) says;

"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return"

In The Bible In Basic English (BBE) Version it says;

"With the hard work of your hands you will get your bread till you go back to the earth from which you were taken: for dust you are and to the dust you will go back."
Genesis 3:19

The above scriptural passage was GOD'S commandment to Adam and man in general after the fall of Adam (man). GOD told him you've rebel and brought suffering and sin upon yourself. Now you've been cursed, from now henceforth it is from the sweat of your face you shall eat bread meaning to eat, be successful or rich you have to work hard. HE didn't tell Adam (man) that to eat or to be successful or rich you have to pay tithe. The instruction was loud and clear without deviation, "BY THE SWEAT OF YOUR FACE,YOU SHALL IT BREAD", meaning work hard, you will eat or be successful or rich

Deuteronomy 15:10 (KJV)

"Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto"

The bolded part of the above passage says "GOD WILL BLESS THE WORK OF YOUR HANDS", Which means you have to have something doing, work hard, before one starts thinking of success, because it is through your work that GOD is going to bless you.

Ecclesiastes 11:1 (KJV) says;

"Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days."

The above passage is loud and clear, cast thy bread upon the water and you will find it after many days, meaning work hard, do something, invest, do what needs to be done and you will be successful or rich.

The universe is govern by certain laws, forces and principles. The law, force and principle of success is one of them, that law says "TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU HAVE TO BE HARDWORKING". This law was instituted by GOD in Genesis 3:19 (which I quoted earlier) and in Galatians 6:7 (KJV) which says;

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

So for anyone to be successful he or she has to key into the force, principle and law of success.

So if Mark Zuckerberg or any of those billionaires keyed into the force, law and principle of success and become successful without paying tithe, that doesn't mean the BIBLE or tithing itself is wrong or unauthentic. They didn't prove the Bible wrong rather they keyed into the force, principle and law which was already instituted in nature and the bible.

There is no way in the Bible which says, for one to be successful he or she has to pay tithe (if there is, you can show me) rather what the Bible says is, for one to be successful, he or she has to be hardworking. The Bible didn't say;
*Tithe and be successful. If not tithers would have only be the richest or successful persons on Earth.

Neither did it say;
*work hard, tithe and be successful

Rather what the Bible says is;
1.) work hard and be successful
2.) Sow and reap

But what the Bible also says is that;
1.)Those who tithe will be blessed. Malachi 3:10 (which is a scripture supported by JESUS in the new testament in Matthew 23:23).
2.) Those who give (which includes tithers) will be blessed. Luke 6:38. Little wonder why the Billionaires, multimillionaires and millionaires of our world keeps on getting richer and blessed because they give to CHARITY and through other means.

So now here is the thing (tithers and anti tithers, get this straight);

Tithing does not make you rich or successful.
Giving does not make you rich or successful.
Tithing only attracts blessings.
Giving only attracts blessings.
Blessings does not make you rich or successful.
Blessings only Accelerate success.

For example, take a look at Abraham, he tithed (even if it was once) and he was blessed by GOD, but he didn't go and sleep, he had to work hard to be successful but what the blessing on his life did was that, it accelerated his success and made it come in multiple folds.
Not only Abraham, but other Bible characters like Job, Solomon, Jacob, Isaac etc

So if you like Tithe from now till tomorrow, if you don't key into the force, law and principle of success which is hard work, you will die in poverty, that's the bitter truth. Not after, one will come and start shouting "TITHING IS A SCAM, A FRAUD".

As a Christian, I criticize any pastor (whether a GO or a pastor of a local church) that says otherwise i.e say that tithing makes one successful or rich.
Nobody is above criticism except GOD, Even the apostle Peter (who was the head of the apostles and church then) was criticised by the apostle Paul. Galatians 2:11-21.

You want to be successful, below are the steps to that;

1.) CHOICE: Choose to be successful.
2.) Think of what to do to be successful. Write out the steps, guidelines and blueprints of what you need to do to be successful.
3.) Then, do what you need to do to be successful.

If the above rules doesn't work for you, nothing else will.

Key into the force, law and principle of SUCCESS today and be successful.

SECTION TWO:
Tithing is a commandment commanded to the Christians and not Non Christians. So you can't expect someone that doesn't have the same belief with you as christian to obey that commandment and any other laws, instructions and doctrines of the Bible.
For example, You can't expect me as a christian to obey what is written in the Quran. I don't believe in it, I have no business with it and likewise you can't expect a Muslim or an Atheist or a Bhuddist or a Hinduist etc to obey what is written in the Bible. They don't believe in it, They have no business with it.

Some of the billionaires, multimillionaires and millionaires aren't Christians, they belong to other religions or are atheist. And in their various religions, they have laws governing givings and as members of their various religions, they obey it while those that are Christians obey the laws governing givings in Christianity which includes tithing.

Please Christians should stop comparing themselves to someone that doesn't share the same belief with them.

It sounds funny whenever I see some Christians comparing themselves to someone that doesn't share the same belief with them. Wanting to do what he or she does even if it contradicts the Bible.

NOTE: When I mean Christians shouldn't compare themselves to someone that doesn't share the same belief with them, i don't mean that they shouldn't do that positively like idolizing and seeing that person as a mentor or role model. But what I mean is that they shouldn't compare themselves to such people when it has to do with them contradicting, disobeying, rebelling or going against GOD'S Word (The Bible) and their beliefs as Christians.

SECTION THREE:
Tithing is one of the ways Christianity is been financed. Christianity and the church is been financed through so many ways in which tithing is a part of and even the commonest and most popular.
Telling Christians not to tithe is telling them not to finance the church and Christianity.

The purpose of Christianity and the church on Earth is:

1.) Evangelism: winning souls for CHRIST and preparing them (the souls) for eternity (Heaven).
2.) Charity: Reaching out to the less privilege and displaced persons. The church as a whole is massively engaging in charity worldwide.
3.) Empowerment: Empowering men to be successful and be useful to themselves and the society. They also help in inculcating moral values.

But all this cannot be achieved if there is no finance to finance them.
How will you engage in evangelism without finance. won't you cater for the welfare of the missionaries and the stations (churches) they are going to open?
How will you engage in Charity or Empowerment without finance. How possible is that?
Even JESUS CHRIST needed finances to run HIS ministry which got to the point of HIM appoint Judas Iscariot as the money keeper (Accountant).

If JESUS needed Finances for HIS ministry, How much more a mega religion like Christianity (which HE founded and established) and the finances aren't gonna fall from Heaven. The Christians are the ones to cater for that just like members of the Early church, who sold all they had to finance it then. Acts 4:34-37.

Christians are to finance Christianity just like the Muslims finance Islam, the Bhuddist finance Bhuddism, the Hindus finance Hinduism, pagans finance their various beliefs, Atheist finance their belief, Groups, (whether big or small) finance themselves. No one else is gonna come and do it for us and one major way (there are other ways) to do that is through TITHING.
Financing Christianity and the church is our obligation and duty as Christians.

Telling people or deciding not to TITHE is saying you don't want to finance Christianity and the church and if the church is not financed;

1.) the purpose of Christianity and the Church on Earth won't be fulfilled.
2.) And if the above happens, Christianity and the Church will collapse.
3.) And if the above happens, The death of JESUS will be in vain.

And I ask, As a Christian, is that what you want? That's for you to ponder on.

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 5: SHOULD TITHING BE DONE ONLY IN MONETARY TERMS:

Concerning that, there is nowhere it is written in the Bible that tithing should be done in monetary terms or not. For example:
1.) In Malachi 3:10 (which is an old testament law that was supported Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42), the Bible commanded Christians to tithe, it didn't mention what term it should be done in.
2.) In Luke 6:38 when JESUS commanded the Christians to give which tithing is a part of, HE didn't mention what term (whether monetary or not) it should be done in.
3.) In Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42 When JESUS spoke about tithing, HE mentioned agricultural products as a term.
4.) In Mark 12:38-44, when JESUS supported giving to the church which tithing is a part of, it was money that was given.
5.) In Acts 4:34-35, when the Christians and members of the early church gave to the church which includes tithing (because the Bible didn't mention how they gave), it was money that was given.

In essence, there is no specific term as commanded in the Bible, that Christians should Tithe in rather one can tithe in any term be it money, land, food, furniture, car, house etc
For example, a farmer can choose to pay his or her tithe with agricultural products grown by him or her if he or she chooses to do so.

If a church out of reasons best known to them, chooses or decides to accept tithe only in monetary terms, then no problem, obey and do not rebel.
For e.g if a farmer that wants to pay his or her tithe with agricultural products grown by him or her belongs to a church that only permits tithing in monetary terms, then he or she can convert (through trading) those agricultural products to cash and then tithe with the money.
But if a church accepts tithing in any term including monetary terms, then no problem, do as commanded.

In conclusion, According to the Bible, there is no specific term whether monetary or not, that Christians are commanded to tithe in.

CASE 6: SHOULD TITHING BE PAID ONLY AT THE END OF THE MONTH:

There is nowhere it is written in the Bible that tithing should be paid at the end of the month neither is there anywhere in the bible that mentions a specific period of time when tithing should be paid.
The Bible passages that made mention of tithing and giving which are;
Malachi 3:10 (which is an old testament passage supported in Matthew 23:23), Luke 6:38, Mark 12:38-44, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 didn't state or mention or give directives about any specific time to pay tithe.

One can choose to tithe hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, yearly intervals e.g every two years, or randomly as he or she chooses but it must be done willingly, non grudgingly (Giving or tithing grudgingly is a waste because GOD does not receive it even if the Church or the pastor does. It is better one don't give or tithe at all, than for one to do it grudgingly), wholeheartedly, joyfully, faithfully and consistently.

The Bible in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (KJV) says;

" Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

The above scriptural passage says it all.

CASE 7: SHOULD TITHING BE TEN PERCENT OUT OF ONE'S INCOME:

Well I don't know yet, that's why I don't always comment on the above CASE.
For now, the only passage(s) I've seen that Tithe was paid as ten percent of one's income was when Abraham tithed (Genesis 14:20, Hebrews 7:2) and when Jacob vowed to give ten percent of his income to GOD (Genesis 28:20-22).
Aside from the above scenario, I haven't seen where it was commanded for Christians to give ten percent of their income to GOD, maybe there is, I don't know yet, for now.

In the passages that talked about tithing and giving, which are Malachi 3:10 (which is supported in Matthew 23:23), Luke 6:38, Mark 12:38-44, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, there was no instruction to give ten percent as one's income as tithe.

I checked the meaning of Tithe out of curiosity in the English Dictionary and the below definition is what I got;

1.) Tenth.
2.) The tenth part of the increase arising from the profits of land and stock, allotted to the clergy for their support, as in England, or devoted to religious or charitable uses. Almost all the tithes of England and Wales are commuted by law into rent charges. Concept originates in the Hebrew Scriptures of the Bible (New Testament).
3.) A contribution to one's religious community or congregation of worship.
4.) A small part or proportion.

The English Dictionary defines TITHE as a tenth (ten percent) and also Hebrew 7:1-28 talked about Abraham giving His tenth (ten percent) as a tithe and since we are children of Abraham through CHRIST JESUS, it is extended to us also. Maybe, that is where this ideology of ten percent for Tithe came about.
But for now, I can't tell if one's ten percent of his or her income should be his or her TITHE.

As a Christian, I pay ten percent of my income as tithe to fulfill all righteousness while I pay my tithe because it is a commandment, a covenant and my obligation as a Christian.

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 8: GOD DOES NOT NEED MY MONEY, FOR ME TO TITHE:

Yes, GOD does not need your money but the church needs it to be able to carry out it purpose and activities. GOD knows this, HE knows that Christianity and the Church requires Finance to run them, that's why HE commanded the Christians to provide and cater for it, not that HE can't do it, but HE wants the Christians to do it.
That's why HE commanded the Christians to tithe in Malachi 3:10 (which is an old testament passage and law supported by JESUS in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42).
That's why JESUS commanded the Christians to Give (which tithing is a part of). Luke 6:38.
That's why JESUS supported, approved, acknowledged and Praised Giving to the Church (which Tithing is a part of). Mark 12:38-44.
That's why JESUS also mentioned, supported, Commanded and Talked about Tithing. Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.

So in Essence, GOD does not need your money but the church does and HE (GOD) wants the Christians to cater and provide for it through Giving to the Church which Tithing is a part of.

CASE 9: GOD DOES NOT NEED MY TITHE OR MONEY TO BLESS ME:

Yes, GOD does not need your Tithe or your money to bless you, all HE needs is your Obedience and Service.
The Bible in Deuteronomy 28:1-2 says

"And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God."

The above Bible passage is self explanatory.
Verse 3 to 13 of the above passage outlined the blessings attach with obeying and serving GOD while verse 14 to 68 outlined the Curses in details that comes along with disobeying and rebelling against GOD.

In essence, if anyone want GOD'S blessings, he or she have to obey whatsoever HE commands which Tithing is a part of. But if one choose to be rebellious and disobedient, he or she is only attracting GOD'S curse towards him or her.
You can't disobey, rebel and oppose GOD and expect HIM to bless you. You can't kick against the doctrines and laws of the Bible calling them SCAMS and expect GOD to bless you, You can't oppose Tithing (which is a commandment in the Bible) and expect GOD to bless you. You can't live a sinful life and expect GOD to bless you.
If you still get blessed after doing any of the above, my dear, that's GOD'S mercy at work in your life.

If you want GOD'S blessing, then you have to serve and obey HIM, doing all that HE commands you to do including Tithing.

If Serving, Obeying and Respecting GOD makes one successful, why do we still have people that do not believe in GOD or respect or Obey HIM, that are rich? you may ask.

Well as I said earlier, the universe is govern by Forces, Laws and Principles instituted by GOD which includes THE LAW OF SUCCESS which States That, "TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD". And anyone that keys into this force, whether he or she Respects, Obey and Serve GOD or not, will be successful.

Serving, Obeying and Respecting GOD doesn't make one successful or rich rather what Serving, Obeying and Respecting GOD does is that, it attracts blessings and blessings on it's own doesn't make one successful, rather what it does is that, IT ACCELERATE SUCCESS, making it (success) to come in multiple proportions and folds and likewise speedily.
And also Serving, Obeying and Respecting GOD grants one Eternal Benefit which is ETERNAL LIFE.

CASE 10: IS TITHING THE ONLY WAY TO BE BLESSED:

NO, Tithing is not the only way to be blessed, but it is one of the ways to be blessed. There are so many ways or things to do to be blessed, Hundreds of them and Tithing is just one of them.
There is nowhere it is written in the Bible that TITHING IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE BLESSED but rather what the Bible says is;

1.) Those that tithe will be blessed. Malachi 3:10 (which is an old testament law, commandment and scripture supported in the New testament in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42).
2.) Those that give will be blessed. Luke 6:38.
It (The Bible) didn't say the only way to be blessed is by tithing rather what it says is "TITHERS AND GIVERS" will be blessed which means it is just one of the ways to be blessed.
The Bible from Genesis to Revelation outlined and showed those things to be done to be blessed. I'm not gonna be quoting scriptures of those for reasons best known to me. That's up to you to research and ransack the Bible and find out on your own or better still, Google is your friend.

Ephesians 6:1-3 (KJV) says;

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."

The above scriptural passage is a passage talking about a criteria for living long on Earth, which is Obeying one's parents. But that's not the only criteria for long life on Earth, there are numerous other criteria for that but Respecting one's parents is one them.
Just like respecting one's parents isn't the only criteria for long life on Earth but one of the criteria for such, so is Tithing not the only way to be blessed but one of the ways to be blessed.

As a Christian, I criticize any pastor, be he or her a GO or a pastor of a Local Church, saying and preaching that Tithing is the only way to be blessed. I criticise such pastor, stop teaching and preaching Lies.

So In Conclusion, Tithing is not the only way to be Blessed, rather it one of the ways to be blessed.

CASE 11: WHAT KIND OF SUBSTANCE SHOULD I TITHE. IS THERE ANY GUIDELINES ON HOW TO TITHE:

As I said before and according to the Bible, there is no specific term (whether monetary or not), Specific period of time and specific percent of one's income (I'm not sure of this yet) that we should tithe with or in.
But, there are guidelines and principles one must follow when Tithing or Giving to the Church which every Tither or Giver must follow, which are;

GUIDELINE ONE:

" Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

The above passage instructs us as Christians, how we should give (which includes Tithing). We should give cheerfully, willingly, wholeheartedly, not grudgingly and not under compulsion.

GUIDELINE TWO:
We should emulate the actions and steps of David in 2 Samuel 24:24;

"And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
"

That is David in the above passage, saying that He can't give to GOD that which cost him nothing or which is not valuable to him. Just like David, we (Christians) should cultivate the habit of not giving (which includes tithing) something which cost us nothing or which is not valuable to us.

GUIDELINE THREE:
Whatsoever you give as a Tithe should come from a genuine and pure source of income. For e.g, you can't be a criminal and pay your tithe from a stolen money. GOD won't accept such even if the pastor or the church accepts it (which is wrong. Well I won't blame them, they are not omniscience, all seeing or all knowing and beside some pastors are just plain greedy and selfish). It's just a waste. It's better you don't tithe than for you to tithe from such source of income.

The above are the guidelines on how to Tithe or Give to the church or Give in general.

CASE 12: ARE PASTORS AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS ALSO CHARGED TO TITHE:

Tithing as a commandment is commanded to all Christians which includes Pastors and Religious Leaders.
So YES, they are to TITHE.

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 13: TITHING IS WRONG BECAUSE THE CLERGYMEN ARE FRAUDING THEIR MEMBERS WITH IT, WHICH THEN MAKES IT A FRAUD:

Before I say anything on the above case, I will like to ask, how is TITHING a fraud? because the last time I checked my Bible, Tithing is a commandment to the Christians. Even JESUS preached it, supported it, mentioned it and admonished it. So how is it a FRAUD? There is no passage in the Bible, whether New or Old Testament that says Tithing is wrong, a fraud, a scam, invalid or a sin. so how is it a fraud?
Pastors didn't formulate the Tithing doctrine rather it's what is commanded in the Bible that they preached (Although, I CRITICIZE some of them for laying more emphasis on TITHE rather than the message of salvation). So how is that frauding?

Tithing is a commandment commanded by GOD to the Jews then in Malachi 3:10, that same commandment was mentioned, charged, acknowledged, talked about and preached by JESUS in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, thereby extending it to the Christians.
JESUS also charged Christians to give ( which Tithing is a part of) in Luke 6:38.
JESUS supported, praised and acknowledged Giving to the temple (which tithing is a part of) in Mark 12:38-44. Today ,the temple is the church.
So will you say JESUS CHRIST and GOD are FRAUDSTERS?
If you say, Tithing is a Fraud, that means it's commander, admonisher and acknowledger is a Fraud also.
That means God and JESUS CHRIST are Fraudsters since they commanded something that is a Fraud.
But the answer is a Capital NO. Tithing isn't a Fraud neither is GOD or JESUS fraudsters.

Besides no one is forced to pay tithe. No tither was told to pay his or her tithe at gun point. No one forces or coerced someone, who is learned and sensible, who is not a dummy, to walk to his safe, bring out money, label it as TITHE, walk up to the altar and dump the Tithe into the Tithe box. No one forced such person to do that rather he or she choosed to do it freely, wholeheartedly, joyfully.
Assuming such a person was forced that would have been a different case.

Also for people to keep on paying tithe, shows that there is something they've seen in it or they are benefiting from it. Which means that they have been blessed or are been blessed by GOD through Tithing. Assuming they weren't blessed through it, do you think they will continue doing it? Common, people aren't that dumb. Most of these Tithers are educated men and professionals like doctors, professors, lecturers, engineers, Scientist, sailors, pilots, business men and women, CEO's etc, they aren't just ordinary men and they aren't dumb either, if tithing is a scam or if they weren't seeing the benefit of it (which is Blessings) they would have blown the cover.

And also for a church or pastor to be excessively rich as a result of the tithe being paid by it's members shows that the members themselves are rich because my brothers and sisters, no be 500 Naira tithe, church they use reach that level of financial stability.
Who are the church, the church is not the building but the members, so if someone says the church is rich, it automatically means that the members themselves are rich.

There is something i will like to clarify, no pastor can fraud a Tither rather he or she is frauding God. God commanded His people (the Christians) to pay tithes which is want Tithers do. so if a Tither pays his or her tithes to a church or pastor, he or she is definitely paying his or her tithes to God. so if the pastor's decide to commit fraud by stealing or using tithes for their private benefits and gains, Tithers are not the ones they are frauding and stealing from rather they are frauding or stealing from God, because that money seizes to be the Tither's but GOD'S the moment he or she gives it as a tithe.

Take for example you are been payed at the end of the month by the company you work for. That salary you received initially belonged to the company until the very moment it was handed over to you as your salary, from that moment it now belongs to you, so if in the process it got stolen, lost or misused, the company won't be affected or be concerned about it. They won't say they were robbed or their money got stolen or misuse rather they will say that your money got stolen,lost or misused.

So that's the same scenario that takes place when a Tither pays his or her tithe. that money seizes to be the Tither's which initially it was, the moment he or she payed it as a tithe. so if the the pastor decides to steal, fraud or misuse it then that means he is automatically frauding or stealing from GOD and not the Tither and those so called men of GOD have GOD to contend with, for the Bible says in Hebrew 10:31

"it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the LORD".

Their judgement is unnegotiable unless they repent sincerely.
One thing is sure whenever a Tither tithes, the blessings proclaimed for Tithers in Malachi 3:10 (which is supported in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42) and for givers (which Tithers are part of) in Luke 6:38 comes upon them whether the false prophets fraud or steals the tithe or not.

It is not your place to bother about who is Frauding or stealing from the Tithe as a Christian, because you are not the one they are frauding or stealing from rather they are frauding and stealing from GOD. So let HIM bother about that and Handle it HIMSELF. Your duty as a Christian in this scenario is to TITHE.

One wonderful thing about Tithing and Giving in general is that you can use it to hold GOD to ransom when praying, telling HIM to do what HE has said and promised as a Covenant keeping GOD in Malachi 3:10 (which is supported in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42) and in Luke 6:38.

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

THE PURPOSE OF TITHING:

What's actually the purpose of tithing? what should it be used for? why did GOD actually commanded the Christians to tithe in the first place in Malachi 3:10 which is supported by JESUS in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42?
Simple, the purpose of tithing is that, it is to be use to finance the church and Christianity in order to fulfill it purpose. The purpose of the church and Christianity on Earth are:

1.) EVANGELISM: Winning souls for Christ and the kingdom of GOD by preaching the message of salvation to them. Matthew 28: 19-20, Mark 16:15-18.
2.) CHARITY: Imparting, reaching out and touching the lives of the poor, needy and less previlege in the society. Matthew 25:35-40 (this is just one out of the many passages where JESUS commanded the Christians to help the poor and less previlege which is Charity, there are several other passages but I will be making use of this very passage often).
3.) EMPOWERMENT: Empowering and helping people to be successful and useful to themselves and the society at large through various platforms.

But all the above listed purposes of the church can not be achieved without Finances. There are so many ways the church or Christianity as whole is been financed and Tithing is one of them and even the most common and most popular.

The Tithe being paid by Christians is to be used by the church for;
1.) Evangelism.
2.) Charity.
3.) Empowerment.
4.) Running The Expenses Of The Church.

I will be talking about and highlighting more on each Purpose.

1.) EVANGELISM:
After JESUS had fulfilled HIS purpose on earth which is establishing grace and redeeming mankind from Sin, before HE ascended back to Heaven, HE charged and commanded HIS disciples and Christians as a whole to preach the gospel and the Goodnews of the Kingdom which is the message of Salvation to all the nations of the Earth. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15-18.
This is the primary purpose of the Church.
THE CHURCH IS MASSIVELY ENGAGING IN EVANGELISM WORLDWIDE.
But for Evangelism to take place a lot things needs to be done to reach the unsaved, lots of platforms needs to be set up, lots of Evangelical materials such as the BIBLE, pamphlets, tracts, flyers etc needs to be produced, Crusades and revival programs needs to be organised, lots of missionaries (which are voluntary) needs to be send out into the field which maybe nations, regions, states, cities, towns, communities or villages etc, The welfare of the missionaries and the station (church) they will be setting up needs to be put into consideration. And all these things needs finances of any kind to finance them. The church uses the money gotten from Tithe and other source to finance them and in so doing finances Evangelism.

I know some pastors are using the tithe money to leave luxurious lives, Yes, they are and I'm not denying or supporting such either, as a matter of fact I'm an ardent critics of that but the pastors and the church are also using that same tithe money for Evangelism, thereby winning souls into the Kingdom of GOD.
Why we are criticising them for leaving luxurious lives from money gotten from tithe, we should also applaud and appreciate them for expanding the Kingdom of God through Evangelism which is done through the money gotten from tithe.

2.) CHARITY:
JESUS in his teachings extensively charged and commanded the Christians to engage in Charity, which is Giving, touching, imparting and reaching out to the poor, needy and less privilege. One of such commandment is found in Matthew 25:35-40.
It will be interesting to note that, THE CHURCH AS A WHOLE IS ENGAGING MASSIVELY IN CHARITY THROUGH THEIR VARIOUS CHARITY FOUNDATIONS.
I would have love to post a little, just a fragment of the various CHARITY activities and outreaches been carried out by churches worldwide, but for reasons best know to me, i've decided not to do it. But if you still want to find out about it or know about it, Google is your friend.
I know some pastors are using the tithe money to leave luxurious lives, buying private jet(s) here and there and getting high on FORBES list, Yes, they are and I'm not denying or supporting such either, as a matter of fact I'm an ardent critics of that but the pastors and the church are also using that same tithe money for Charity, thereby impacting, touching, reaching out and helping the needy, poor and less privilege.
Why we are criticising them for leaving luxurious lives from money gotten from tithe, we should also applaud and appreciate them for touching, impacting, reaching out and helping the poor, needy and less privilege which is done through the money gotten from tithe.

3.) EMPOWERMENT:
The church is also helping to tutor and empower people (both their various members and non members) to be successful and useful to themselves and the society through various platforms like seminars, scholarship, skill acquisition programs etc
And this is done with the money gotten from tithe and other source.

4.) RUNNING THE EXPENSES OF THE CHURCH:
The church itself has expenses which it has to cater for, which are;
1.) Fuels and generators needed in powering the church and it's buildings.
2.) Electronic and mechanical equipments needed to run the day to day activities of the church and it's services e.g microphones, sound systems etc
3.) Welfare of the pastors. Some churches places pastors on full time service without them working i.e they pay them, so that they can focus more on their work as pastors. In such case, the welfare and salary of the pastors and their families rest on the shoulders of the church.
4.) Welfare of the workers in the church. Churches do employ certain members of their church as workers and place them on salary.
5.) Welfare of the missionaries and missionary stations.
6.) Maintenance of church properties and buying or building new ones if the need arises.
To provide for the above Expenses, the church makes use of the money gotten from Tithe and other source to cater for it.

Now, we've seen the purpose of Tithe and how it's been use. We've seen that it's massive. So before you decide not to tithe, just take a little of your time and ponder on the above PURPOSE OF TITHE I outlined. That's what the Anti Tithers or their conveners will never tell you whenever they tell you to stop tithing. They only tell you about the private jets and the luxurious lives been owned and lived by some pastors without telling you the actual purpose of tithing.

If you think as a Christian that your church is not using tithes to do what it should be meant for (which is mainly evangelism, charity and empowerment), rather than saying you aren't gonna pay your tithe again, take that tithe and go to a church that you know and that you are sure that they will use the tithe for what it is meant for and pay it there. That's how to do it.

Beside, if you are not sure of your church using tithe to do what it should be meant for, my dear, you shouldn't be worshipping there in the first place.

One wonderful thing about tithing is that, when you tithe, you are indirectly engaging in Evangelism, Charity and Empowerment of people through your money and the blessings attach to it will Come both on the church and the Tither(s) but more on the Tither(s).

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 14: IS TITHING COMPULSORY:

Nop, Tithing isn't compulsory. It has never been, is not and will never be compulsory. The Bible in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (KJV) says;

"Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

The bolded part of the above scriptures says it all. Giving, which Tithing is a part of, isn't compulsory rather it should be done willingly, as the Giver, which includes Tither, has propose in his or her heart to do and at his or her own time and capacity.

CASE 15: IS THERE ANY PUNISHMENT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T TITHE OR THAT HAVE REFUSE TO TITHE:

Maybe Yes, Maybe No but what I do know is that the Bible in Malachi 3:8 says non tithers are robbing GOD.

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings."
Malachi 3:8 (KJV)

That's all the Bible says about Non Tithers.

Beside choosing not to tithe as commanded in Malachi 3:10, Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is kind of a Disobedience and Disobedience is a SIN and GOD hates SIN. I'm sure you know what that means.

But the Bible in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (KJV) says Giving, which Tithing is a part of, isn't under compulsion which means it isn't compulsory or mandatory. This automatically means paying of one's tithe or giving in general is something that isn't compulsory but should be done willingly, as the Giver or Tither, has propose in his or her heart to do and at his or her own time and capacity, and if not done may not be regarded as a SIN.

The issue of whether Non Tithers will be punished or not is Neutral, that is something I can't tell.
Non Tithers or non Givers in general may be punished, they may not be punished.
But one thing is sure and the Bible confirms it, which is, NON TITHERS ARE ROBBING GOD. Malachi 3:8.

So the question is, DO YOU WANT TO ROB GOD?
That's up to you to ponder on.

NOTE: When I'm talking about Non Tithers, I'm referring to Christians and not non Christians. Please don't misquote me.

CASE 16: IS IT RIGHT TO GIVE ONE'S TITHE TO CHARITY OR THE NEEDY:

That's a nice, beautiful, wow and touching gesture to do. To me I will say yes but let's look at the Bible. The Bible in Matthew 22:21 (KJV) says;

"They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

The above scripture is self explanatory. Give to GOD what belongs to GOD and give to Caesar (man) what are his.
Tithing is a commandment commanded by GOD to the Christians in Malachi 3:10 which is supported in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.

In as much as giving of one's tithe to charity is wonderful, it isn't right, because the Tithe belongs to GOD and we as Christians should give it to HIM as commanded.
Mind you, i'm not saying giving to Charity is wrong, as a matter of fact, it is one of the best things one can ever do with his or her money, but giving to charity with your Tithe is a No No says the Holy Bible.

but the Tithe will still be use by the church for charity, so isn't it better to give to charity directly with my tithe than to give it indirectly through the church as tithe? you may ask

Tithe was commanded to be given to the Temple, which today is the church. Malachi 3:10 which is supported in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 and not to any other means or source which includes charity or pastor.
If you want to give to Charity, give but not with your Tithe.
Your Tithe should be given or paid to the Church.

Please Obey and not Rebel.

CASE 17: WHY HAS MOST OF THE PASTORS BEEN UNABLE TO EXPLAIN, DEFEND OR GIVE SOLID PROOF(S) ON THE AUTHENTICITY OF TITHING. WHY MUST IT BE YOU:

Well that's actually a question I can't answer, probably you should ask them in person. To be sincere, as a Christian, I'm disappointed in some of our pastors for not been able to defend, explain or give solid proof(s) on or about the authenticity of Tithing.

Well, this is why the Bible said;

"STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVE"

So that we (Christians) will be grounded in the word (The Word Of GOD). And when that happens, no man or anybody can deceive or brainwash you.
And also, when one is grounded or filled with the word, he or she will be able to preach the gospel and also defend it, along with Christianity, with boldness and knowledge as a PRIEST he or she is.

Also, the apostle Paul inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT wrote that Christians should be like the Thessalonians, who after they've been preached to, went and research deeply into the Word to see if what they were told is true.

GOD is telling us (Christians) through his word that we shouldn't rely only on pastors for our indoctrination rather we should study the word by ourselves to be more indoctrinated as PRIEST that we are.

That is why after I have seen that most pastors are unable to defend, explain or provide proof(s) on the authenticity of Tithing, rather than conclude or assume that Tithing is a FRAUD, I decided to go do a little research and ransacking of the Bible to find out the answers and viola, here we are, that was how I was able to come out with the above proof(s) supported with Biblical New Testament Passages. I also came out with answers and counter points, by the help of the HOLY SPIRIT, to the questions and points use by Non Tithers to test and question the authenticity of Tithing.

In Conclusion, all Christians including the pastors are PRIEST. and as PRIEST, it is our obligation to preach the gospel and also to defend it along with Christianity when the need arises irrespective of one's denomination or church. We all belong to the same body, which is the body of CHRIST.

Remember, CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT CHURCH OR DENOMINATION, BUT ABOUT GRACE AND SALVATION.

MESSAGE FOR THE TITHERS:

As a tither, do not pay your Tithe because;

1.) You Want To Be Rich Or Successful.
2.) You Want To Be Blessed.

Rather pay your tithe because it is;

1.) A Commandment.
2.) A Covenant.
3.) Your Obligation As A Christian.

MESSAGE FOR THE ANTI-TITHERS:

Well, so far so good, I've proved and shown that tithing is not just a Jewish and old testament commandment but also a new testament commandment which is commanded to the Christians. I did it with new testament scriptural proofs and back-ups (Luke 6:38, Luke 11:42, Matthew 23:23, Malachi 3:10, Mark 12:38-44).
I also countered and answered almost all the points and question been used by anti-tithers to test the authenticity of Tithe.

Now my message for the anti-tithers is this;
If you claim/say or still claim/say that tithing is wrong, can you show me in the new testament were it is written;

1.) That Tithing is a Scam.
2.) That Tithing is a Fraud.
3.) That Tithing is Invalid.
4.) That Tithing is not for the Christians but the Jews only.
5.) That Tithing is Wrong.
6.) That Tithing is a Sin.
7.) Where JESUS CHRIST Annulled and kicked against Tithing.

Prove it with Biblical passages from the New testament and not by Assumptions or Logical Reasoning but by New testament Biblical proofs.
If you can prove it with New Testament Biblical Passages, then I will stop being a Tither and will join the Anti-tithing movement.
Prove it with New Testament Biblical Passages not with Assumptions or Logical Reasoning but with New Testament Biblical Passages or Remain Quiet (If possible, FOREVER). Don't talk or say what you don't know or have any knowledge about.

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

ARE YOU AGAINST THE FREE THE SHEEPLE MOVEMENT BY DADDY FREEZE:

YES and NO.
The free the sheeple movement by daddy freeze is a good one, a movement that criticises some pastors for the way they live luxurious and extravagant lives from tithe money and laying more emphasis on it (tithe) also without paying attention to other important messages like the message of salvation etc but all you hear them talk about most of the time is Tithe, prosperity and giving while their members languish in sin and spiritual blindness. This is exactly what JESUS CHRIST criticised the Jewish religious leaders of in Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42.
The movement has actually helped to open the eyes of people to the deceit been done by some of this men of GOD.
It has actually made most men of GOD to start using tithe money for the purpose of it, which is Evangelism, Charity and Empowerment rather than using it to enrich themselves, and living extravagant and luxurious lives.
It has also made Christians to for once study and research the Bible deeply, so as to be rightfully indoctrinated. For example, I use to rely on Malachi 3:10 as the passage that commands Christians to tithe until when daddy freeze opposed and contradicted it stating that Malachi 3:10 was actually commanded to the Jews and since we as Christians we are no longer under the law, we don't need to tithe. That point of his made a whole lot of sense but rather than conclude or assume, I decide to research deeper into the Bible, new testament to be precise, and viola, I was a able to find out that Tithing is right and not wrong, it is even over right. But guess what, this wouldn't have happened if the opposing and contradictory question and point by daddy freeze wasn't raised up.
For the above reasons, i'm not against the free the sheeple movement but i'm in support of it.

But where i'm against this movement is the fact that this same daddy freeze goes about spreading lies and deceiving people telling them that TITHING is wrong and that it's a fraud whereas JESUS himself supported, mentioned, admonished and preached Tithing both directly and indirectly in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, Luke 6:38, Mark 12:38-44.
He has also taken it upon himself to insult, abuse and defame men of GOD, which is terribly wrong. I guess psalm 105:15 which says

"Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm"

is not for him.
Mind you, i'm not saying pastors shouldn't be criticized if they are wrong, beside i'm a criticizer of men of GOD whenever they are wrong.
Rather we should criticise them with LOVE and with an Unbiased mind and not with Hatred and a Biased mind, that's how I do mine.
There is a huge difference between Criticism and Insult. We shouldn't go about insulting and abusing men of GOD all in the name of criticism just like daddy freeze is doing not that he himself is perfect, as a matter of fact, he has a lot of flaws too but that an issue for another day.
He has also taken it upon himself to insult, abuse and ridicule Tithers and anyone that dares oppose him. At times, I wonder if daddy freeze was among the men of GOD been criticized badly, he would have long committed MURDER because of his high level of intolerance for opposition, i'm not exaggerating or kidding.
He (daddy freeze) has also taken this whole Anti Tithing issue too personal.
For the above reasons, i'm not in support of the free the sheeple movement.

My advice for daddy freeze is that he should stick to his calling which is rightfully criticising some men of GOD for laying more emphasis on Tithe, Giving and Prosperity rather than other important messages like the message of salvation and also rightfully criticising some men of GOD for enriching themselves and living extravagant and luxurious lives with Tithe money without using the tithe money for it's purpose (Evangelism, Charity, Empowerment etc) rather than deviating by insulting and abusing men of GOD and spreading lies and deceit that Tithing is wrong and a scam and insulting, abusing and ridiculing Tithers and anyone that dares oppose him and also taking this whole Anti Tithing thing too personal.

To me, I think GOD is actually using him to send a message across to the church and the pastors. Mind you GOD can make use of anybody and anything irrespective of background, origin or source.

So in Essence, i'm in support of the free the sheeple movement by daddy freeze while i'm also against it due to certain reasons which I have outlined.

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
CONTINUATION..........

MESSAGE FOR THE CHRISTIANS AND THE CHURCH:

I've done my duty and reason for this article which is to show that Tithing isn't wrong rather it is a commandment to the Christians.
Now it's my message, actually it's GOD'S message through me, to the church.

Christians nowadays are too engrossed in this Tithing saga that they aren't seeing the big picture. They aren't seeing that this whole Tithing saga or trend is an attack on the church and Christianity as a whole. How? you may ask.

YES, IT IS AN ATTACK ON THE CHURCH, see reasons below;

1.) Christians are so engrossed in this Tithing issue either defending it or opposing it that they are now deviating or neglecting what they should be talking about which is SALVATION. Almost everywhere you turn to online and offline, all you see are Christians arguing about Tithe, you rarely see a scenario where they talk about SALVATION, HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUS LIVING. All they talk about is Tithe, ironically this trend has also gotten into the church.
It is now bad that the message of salvation is been neglected rather what everyone that calls his or herself a Christian is talking about is Tithe.
One of the purpose of this Tithing saga is to deviate Christians attentions from the message of SALVATION, which is suppose to be our primary message, others are secondary including tithe, and gradually they are actually achieving that goal.
CHRISTIANS SHOULD PLEASE WAKE UP.

2.) This Tithing saga has and is creating disunity in the church and the body of CHRIST. The body of CHRIST is now divided. The body of CHRIST is now divided into the Pro Tithers and the Anti Tithers. Some portions of Christians are defending tithes while the other portions are opposing it and the division deepens.
As the body of CHRIST, we are suppose to be united and have a common and united say and attitude not allowing any agent of the DEVIL anywhere to just wake up from sleep and then come to create a rift between us.
Even if we disagree on certain issues we shouldn't allow that threaten our unity but alas that is not so.
The disunity among Christians has gone so deep that some of them now results to name calling and abuse in the quest to defend their opinion about Tithing which is not even suppose to be the primary focus of Christians. Some has even taken it too far resulting to insulting, abusing and ridiculing men of GOD all in the name of defending his or her opinion about Tithe. Is This Suppose To Be So?
Can a group or kingdom divided against it self stand? Can a religion divided against itself stand? JESUS answered that question in Matthew 12:25 (KJV)

"And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:"

and in Luke 11:17 (KJV)

"But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a itself falleth."

JESUS in his statements in the above scriptures stressed the need for unity most especially in the body of CHRIST.
Take a look at other religions, fine they do have issues within them but you hardly hear them take their problems or issues public or on social media and you also hardly hear them insult their religious leaders because of certain contradictory trends unlike Christians.
How would we as Christians win souls into the kingdom of GOD when we are this divided. How would we even win souls for CHRIST when we don't even talk about salvation or it's message rather we spend all 365 or 366 days of the year arguing about Tithe thereby creating division in the body of CHRIST.
One of the purpose of this Tithing saga which is disunity in the body of CHRIST is almost been achieved and we ,CHRISTIANS, are the ones fueling it.

3.) Tithing is one of the ways Christianity and the church as a whole is been financed and funded. It is not only one of the ways but the major way. Telling people not to tithe is telling them not to finance and fund the church and Christianity as a whole, and if this happens;

i.) The major financial source of the church and Christianity as a whole will be cut off thus rendering it bankrupt.
ii.) If the above happens, then the church and Christianity as a whole will crash or break down since it require funding and financing which is not available.
iii.) If the above happens, the purpose of the church and Christianity as a whole on Earth won't be fulfilled.
iv.) If the above happens, then CHRIST death will be in vain.

As a Christian is that what you want? but that's what the initiators and conveners of the Tithing saga or Anti Tithing movement wants.
They've tried using persecution to achieve that, it didn't work. Next was the use of ridicule and insult, yet that was a massive flop. Now they are targeting the major financial source of the church which is Tithe.
Guess what, they are using Christians as a bait to achieve this.
IRONICALLY, THEY ARE USING CHRISTIANS AS A BAIT TO DESTROY THEIR VERY OWN RELIGION.

Christians of the Twenty First century and beyond, This is CHRIST message to us and the church, CHRISTIANITY SHOULDN'T FALL DURING OUR GENERATION. Forget about The Tithe epistle of this article, this is the climax of this ARTICLE, CHRISTIANITY SHOULDN'T FALL DURING OUR GENERATION. It hasn't fallen during the past generation, it shouldn't collapse during this generation. We should defend it at all cost.

What are we going to tell GOD on the day of judgement, as a reason that Christianity fell during our generation. Are we going to tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because we were busy arguing about tithe?
Are we going to tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because we neglected the message of salvation simply because we were busy arguing about tithe. Are we going to tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because we the Christians became divided as a result of us arguing about tithe. Are we going to Tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because it went bankrupt simply because we decided not to fund or finance it through Tithe and other means.

Twenty first century Christians, how are we going to keep our mouth to tell GOD that out of our stupidity and negligence, the death of HIS son, JESUS, was in vain. Please let's take a moment and ponder on this.

you say Tithing is right, no problem. You say Tithing is wrong (but I stand to tell you that it is right and I have proven it also), no problem. Those things doesn't matter and aren't important. What matters is that CHRISTIANITY SHOULDN'T FALL DURING OUR GENERATION. We as Christians should come together in unity to defend and build Christianity at all cost till CHRIST returns.
Forget about church or denomination, we belong to one body, which is the body of CHRIST.
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT CHURCH OR DENOMINATION BUT IT IS ABOUT GRACE AND SALVATION.

THAT'S CHRIST MESSAGE TO THE CHRISTIANS AND CHURCH. Remember this is not my word, but that of CHRIST speaking through me. HE can make use of anybody to pass across HIS message.

THANK YOU, NAMASTEY.

[b[THE END.[/b]

#XAVIER.
#I'M_A_GOD.
#ALWAYS_A_PRINCIPALITY.
#TITHING_IS_RIGHT.
#FREE_THE_SHEEPLE_MOVEMENT.
#DEFEND_CHRISTIANITY_AT_ALL_COST.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
preciousuweh:
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 14: IS TITHING COMPULSORY:

Nop, Tithing isn't compulsory. It has never been, is not and will never be compulsory. The Bible in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (KJV) says;

"Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.

The bolded part of the above scriptures says it all. Giving, which Tithing is a part of, isn't compulsory rather it should be done willingly, as the Giver, which includes Tither, has propose in his or her heart to do and at his or her own time and capacity.

CASE 15: IS THERE ANY PUNISHMENT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T TITHE OR THAT HAVE REFUSE TO TITHE:

Maybe Yes, Maybe No but what I do know is that the Bible in Malachi 3:8 says non tithers are robbing GOD.

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings."
Malachi 3:8 (KJV)

That's all the Bible says about Non Tithers.

Beside choosing not to tithe as commanded in Malachi 3:10, Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is kind of a Disobedience and Disobedience is a SIN and GOD hates SIN. I'm sure you know what that means.

But the Bible in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (KJV) says Giving, which Tithing is a part of, isn't under compulsion which means it isn't compulsory or mandatory. This automatically means paying of one's tithe or giving in general is something that isn't compulsory but should be done willingly, as the Giver or Tither, has propose in his or her heart to do and at his or her own time and capacity, and if not done may not be regarded as a SIN.

The issue of whether Non Tithers will be punished or not is Neutral, that is something I can't tell.
Non Tithers or non Givers in general may be punished, they may not be punished.
But one thing is sure and the Bible confirms it, which is, NON TITHERS ARE ROBBING GOD. Malachi 3:8.

So the question is, DO YOU WANT TO ROB GOD?
That's up to you to ponder on.

NOTE: When I'm talking about Non Tithers, I'm referring to Christians and not non Christians. Please don't misquote me.

CASE 16: IS IT RIGHT TO GIVE ONE'S TITHE TO CHARITY OR THE NEEDY:

That's a nice, beautiful, wow and touching gesture to do. To me I will say yes but let's look at the Bible. The Bible in Matthew 22:21 (KJV) says;

"They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

The above scripture is self explanatory. Give to GOD what belongs to GOD and give to Caesar (man) what are his.
Tithing is a commandment commanded by GOD to the Christians in Malachi 3:10 which is supported in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.

In as much as giving of one's tithe to charity is wonderful, it isn't right, because the Tithe belongs to GOD and we as Christians should give it to HIM as commanded.
Mind you, i'm not saying giving to Charity is wrong, as a matter of fact, it is one of the best things one can ever do with his or her money, but giving to charity with your Tithe is a No No says the Holy Bible.

but the Tithe will still be use by the church for charity, so isn't it better to give to charity directly with my tithe than to give it indirectly through the church as tithe? you may ask

Tithe was commanded to be given to the Temple, which today is the church. Malachi 3:10 which is supported in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 and not to any other means or source which includes charity or pastor.
If you want to give to Charity, give but not with your Tithe.
Your Tithe should be given or paid to the Church.

Please Obey and not Rebel.

CASE 17: WHY HAS MOST OF THE PASTORS BEEN UNABLE TO EXPLAIN, DEFEND OR GIVE SOLID PROOF(S) ON THE AUTHENTICITY OF TITHING. WHY MUST IT BE YOU:

Well that's actually a question I can't answer, probably you should ask them in person. To be sincere, as a Christian, I'm disappointed in some of our pastors for not been able to defend, explain or give solid proof(s) on or about the authenticity of Tithing.

Well, this is why the Bible said;

"STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVE"

So that we (Christians) will be grounded in the word (The Word Of GOD). And when that happens, no man or anybody can deceive or brainwash you.
And also, when one is grounded or filled with the word, he or she will be able to preach the gospel and also defend it, along with Christianity, with boldness and knowledge as a PRIEST he or she is.

Also, the apostle Paul inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT wrote that Christians should be like the Thessalonians, who after they've been preached to, went and research deeply into the Word to see if what they were told is true.

GOD is telling us (Christians) through his word that we shouldn't rely only on pastors for our indoctrination rather we should study the word by ourselves to be more indoctrinated as PRIEST that we are.

That is why after I have seen that most pastors are unable to defend, explain or provide proof(s) on the authenticity of Tithing, rather than conclude or assume that Tithing is a FRAUD, I decided to go do a little research and ransacking of the Bible to find out the answers and viola, here we are, that was how I was able to come out with the above proof(s) supported with Biblical New Testament Passages. I also came out with answers and counter points, by the help of the HOLY SPIRIT, to the questions and points use by Non Tithers to test and question the authenticity of Tithing.

In Conclusion, all Christians including the pastors are PRIEST. and as PRIEST, it is our obligation to preach the gospel and also to defend it along with Christianity when the need arises irrespective of one's denomination or church. We all belong to the same body, which is the body of CHRIST.

Remember, CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT CHURCH OR DENOMINATION, BUT ABOUT GRACE AND SALVATION.

MESSAGE FOR THE TITHERS:

As a tither, do not pay your Tithe because;

1.) You Want To Be Rich Or Successful.
2.) You Want To Be Blessed.

Rather pay your tithe because it is;

1.) A Commandment.
2.) A Covenant.
3.) Your Obligation As A Christian.

MESSAGE FOR THE ANTI-TITHERS:

Well, so far so good, I've proved and shown that tithing is not just a Jewish and old testament commandment but also a new testament commandment which is commanded to the Christians. I did it with new testament scriptural proofs and back-ups (Luke 6:38, Luke 11:42, Matthew 23:23, Malachi 3:10, Mark 12:38-44).
I also countered and answered almost all the points and question been used by anti-tithers to test the authenticity of Tithe.

Now my message for the anti-tithers is this;
If you claim/say or still claim/say that tithing is wrong, can you show me in the new testament were it is written;

1.) That Tithing is a Scam.
2.) That Tithing is a Fraud.
3.) That Tithing is Invalid.
4.) That Tithing is not for the Christians but the Jews only.
5.) That Tithing is Wrong.
6.) That Tithing is a Sin.
7.) Where JESUS CHRIST Annulled and kicked against Tithing.

Prove it with Biblical passages from the New testament and not by Assumptions or Logical Reasoning but by New testament Biblical proofs.
If you can prove it with New Testament Biblical Passages, then I will stop being a Tither and will join the Anti-tithing movement.
Prove it with New Testament Biblical Passages not with Assumptions or Logical Reasoning but with New Testament Biblical Passages or Remain Quiet (If possible, FOREVER). Don't talk or say what you don't know or have any knowledge about.

they will answer you without another question. The truth of the matter is that many of them are just jealous and the poverty rate had influenced their thinking. Tithe principle is applied in many churches worldwide including the developed ones yet you rarely see their citizens criticize tithe
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
preciousuweh:
CONTINUATION..........

I've done my duty and reason for this article which is to show that Tithing isn't wrong rather it is a commandment to the Christians.

Christians nowadays are too engrossed in this Tithing saga that they aren't seeing the big picture. They aren't seeing that this whole Tithing saga or trend is an attack on the church and Christianity as a whole. How? you may ask.

1.) Christians are so engrossed in this Tithing issue either defending it or opposing it that they are now deviating or neglecting what they should be talking about which is SALVATION. Almost everywhere you turn to online and offline, all you see are Christians arguing about Tithe, you rarely see a scenario where they talk about SALVATION, HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUS LIVING. All they talk about is Tithe, ironically this trend has also gotten into the church.
It is now bad that the message of salvation is been neglected rather what everyone that calls his or herself a Christian is talking about is Tithe.
One of the purpose of this Tithing saga is to deviate Christians attentions from the message of SALVATION, which is suppose to be our primary message, others are secondary including tithe, and gradually they are actually achieving that goal.

2.) This Tithing saga has and is creating disunity in the church and the body of CHRIST. The body of CHRIST is now divided. The body of CHRIST is now divided into the Pro Tithers and the Anti Tithers. Some portions of Christians are defending tithes while the other portions are opposing it and the division deepens.
As the body of CHRIST, we are suppose to be united and have a common and united say and attitude not allowing any agent of the DEVIL anywhere to just wake up from sleep and then come to create a rift between us.
Even if we disagree on certain issues we shouldn't allow that threaten our unity but alas that is not so.
The disunity among Christians has gone so deep that some of them now results to name calling and abuse in the quest to defend their opinion about Tithing which is not even suppose to be the primary focus of Christians. Some has even taken it too far resulting to insulting, abusing and ridiculing men of GOD all in the name of defending his or her opinion about Tithe. Is This Suppose To Be So?
Can a group or kingdom divided against it self stand? Can a religion divided against itself stand? JESUS answered that question in Matthew 12:25 (KJV)

"And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:"

"But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a itself falleth."

JESUS in his statements in the above scriptures stressed the need for unity most especially in the body of CHRIST.
Take a look at other religions, fine they do have issues within them but you hardly hear them take their problems or issues public or on social media and you also hardly hear them insult their religious leaders because of certain contradictory trends unlike Christians.
How would we as Christians win souls into the kingdom of GOD when we are this divided. How would we even win souls for CHRIST when we don't even talk about salvation or it's message rather we spend all 365 or 366 days of the year arguing about Tithe thereby creating division in the body of CHRIST.
One of the purpose of this Tithing saga which is disunity in the body of CHRIST is almost been achieved and we ,CHRISTIANS, are the ones fueling it.

3.) Tithing is one of the ways Christianity and the church as a whole is been financed and funded. It is not only one of the ways but the major way. Telling people not to tithe is telling them not to finance and fund the church and Christianity as a whole, and if this happens;

i.) The major financial source of the church and Christianity as a whole will be cut off thus rendering it bankrupt.
ii.) If the above happens, then the church and Christianity as a whole will crash or break down since it require funding and financing which is not available.
iii.) If the above happens, the purpose of the church and Christianity as a whole on Earth won't be fulfilled.

As a Christian is that what you want? but that's what the initiators and conveners of the Tithing saga or Anti Tithing movement wants.
They've tried using persecution to achieve that, it didn't work. Next was the use of ridicule and insult, yet that was a massive flop. Now they are targeting the major financial source of the church which is Tithe.
IRONICALLY, THEY ARE USING CHRISTIANS AS A BAIT TO DESTROY THEIR VERY OWN RELIGION.

Christians of the Twenty First century and beyond, This is CHRIST message to us and the church, CHRISTIANITY SHOULDN'T FALL DURING OUR GENERATION. Forget about The Tithe epistle of this article, this is the climax of this ARTICLE, CHRISTIANITY SHOULDN'T FALL DURING OUR GENERATION. It hasn't fallen during the past generation, it shouldn't collapse during this generation. We should defend it at all cost.

What are we going to tell GOD on the day of judgement, as a reason that Christianity fell during our generation. Are we going to tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because we were busy arguing about tithe?
Are we going to tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because we neglected the message of salvation simply because we were busy arguing about tithe. Are we going to tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because we the Christians became divided as a result of us arguing about tithe. Are we going to Tell HIM that Christianity fell during our generation because it went bankrupt simply because we decided not to fund or finance it through Tithe and other means.

Twenty first century Christians, how are we going to keep our mouth to tell GOD that out of our stupidity and negligence, the death of HIS son, JESUS, was in vain. Please let's take a moment and ponder on this.

you say Tithing is right, no problem. You say Tithing is wrong (but I stand to tell you that it is right and I have proven it also), no problem. Those things doesn't matter and aren't important. What matters is that CHRISTIANITY SHOULDN'T FALL DURING OUR GENERATION. We as Christians should come together in unity to defend and build Christianity at all cost till CHRIST returns.
Forget about church or denomination, we belong to one body, which is the body of CHRIST.
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT CHURCH OR DENOMINATION BUT IT IS ABOUT GRACE AND SALVATION.

THAT'S CHRIST MESSAGE TO THE CHRISTIANS AND CHURCH. Remember this is not my word, but that of CHRIST speaking through me. HE can make use of anybody to pass across HIS message.

THANK YOU, NAMASTEY.

[b[THE END.[/b]

#XAVIER.
#I'M_A_GOD.
#ALWAYS_A_PRINCIPALITY.
#TITHING_IS_RIGHT.
yes it is an attack on the church because Lucifer's time is up. Haven't you wonder why year 2017 received the highest attack on tithing up to a point many threads were opened. To worsened it, many Muslims were commenting on matters that doesn't concern them. Satan will never give up as his agents are here on daily basis.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 4:33am On Feb 15, 2018
preciousuweh:
CONTINUATION..........

CASE 5: SHOULD TITHING BE DONE ONLY IN MONETARY TERMS:

Concerning that, there is nowhere it is written in the Bible that tithing should be done in monetary terms or not. For example:
1.) In Malachi 3:10 (which is an old testament law that was supported Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42), the Bible commanded Christians to tithe, it didn't mention what term it should be done in.
2.) In Luke 6:38 when JESUS commanded the Christians to give which tithing is a part of, HE didn't mention what term (whether monetary or not) it should be done in.
3.) In Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42 When JESUS spoke about tithing, HE mentioned agricultural products as a term.
4.) In Mark 12:38-44, when JESUS supported giving to the church which tithing is a part of, it was money that was given.
5.) In Acts 4:34-35, when the Christians and members of the early church gave to the church which includes tithing (because the Bible didn't mention how they gave), it was money that was given.

In essence, there is no specific term as commanded in the Bible, that Christians should Tithe in rather one can tithe in any term be it money, land, food, furniture, car, house etc
For example, a farmer can choose to pay his or her tithe with agricultural products grown by him or her if he or she chooses to do so.

If a church out of reasons best known to them, chooses or decides to accept tithe only in monetary terms, then no problem, obey and do not rebel.
For e.g if a farmer that wants to pay his or her tithe with agricultural products grown by him or her belongs to a church that only permits tithing in monetary terms, then he or she can convert (through trading) those agricultural products to cash and then tithe with the money.
But if a church accepts tithing in any term including monetary terms, then no problem, do as commanded.

In conclusion, According to the Bible, there is no specific term whether monetary or not, that Christians are commanded to tithe in.

CASE 6: SHOULD TITHING BE PAID ONLY AT THE END OF THE MONTH:

There is nowhere it is written in the Bible that tithing should be paid at the end of the month neither is there anywhere in the bible that mentions a specific period of time when tithing should be paid.
The Bible passages that made mention of tithing and giving which are;
Malachi 3:10 (which is an old testament passage supported in Matthew 23:23), Luke 6:38, Mark 12:38-44, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 didn't state or mention or give directives about any specific time to pay tithe.

One can choose to tithe hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, yearly intervals e.g every two years, or randomly as he or she chooses but it must be done willingly, non grudgingly (Giving or tithing grudgingly is a waste because GOD does not receive it even if the Church or the pastor does. It is better one don't give or tithe at all, than for one to do it grudgingly), wholeheartedly, joyfully, faithfully and consistently.

" Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.

The above scriptural passage says it all.

CASE 7: SHOULD TITHING BE TEN PERCENT OUT OF ONE'S INCOME:

Well I don't know yet, that's why I don't always comment on the above CASE.
For now, the only passage(s) I've seen that Tithe was paid as ten percent of one's income was when Abraham tithed (Genesis 14:20, Hebrews 7:2) and when Jacob vowed to give ten percent of his income to GOD (Genesis 28:20-22).
Aside from the above scenario, I haven't seen where it was commanded for Christians to give ten percent of their income to GOD, maybe there is, I don't know yet, for now.

In the passages that talked about tithing and giving, which are Malachi 3:10 (which is supported in Matthew 23:23), Luke 6:38, Mark 12:38-44, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, there was no instruction to give ten percent as one's income as tithe.

I checked the meaning of Tithe out of curiosity in the English Dictionary and the below definition is what I got;

1.) Tenth.
2.) The tenth part of the increase arising from the profits of land and stock, allotted to the clergy for their support, as in England, or devoted to religious or charitable uses. Almost all the tithes of England and Wales are commuted by law into rent charges. Concept originates in the Hebrew Scriptures of the Bible (New Testament).
3.) A contribution to one's religious community or congregation of worship.
4.) A small part or proportion.

The English Dictionary defines TITHE as a tenth (ten percent) and also Hebrew 7:1-28 talked about Abraham giving His tenth (ten percent) as a tithe and since we are children of Abraham through CHRIST JESUS, it is extended to us also. Maybe, that is where this ideology of ten percent for Tithe came about.
But for now, I can't tell if one's ten percent of his or her income should be his or her TITHE.

As a Christian, I pay ten percent of my income as tithe to fulfill all righteousness while I pay my tithe because it is a commandment, a covenant and my obligation as a Christian.

Well written article.

Just to add, God gave clear instructions on how Tithing should be done via the Mosaic Laws. Anyone who insists on the validity of tithing in monetary terms knows better than God perhaps;

Please read 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

Deuteronomy 14:22-29
22 Thou shalt [a]give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,

25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.

26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.

29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Have you wondered why any clergyman hardly preaches on these tithing procedures? and also, why they are quiet on the fact that tithes were eaten by the those who brought it to the presence of God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 4:37am On Feb 15, 2018
preciousuweh:
CONTINUATION..........

THANK YOU, NAMASTEY.

[b[THE END.[/b]

#XAVIER.
#I'M_A_GOD.
#ALWAYS_A_PRINCIPALITY.
#TITHING_IS_RIGHT.

I believe Christians are followers of Jesus. Please do you have any scriptural reference to where Jesus collected tithes from His followers? Afterall, He is God's begotten son...

OR where the Apostles of the Early Church collected tithes from their congregants?

Please Acts 15 draws the line between Judaism and Christianity...so people don't get confused and start practicing Judeo-Christianity...

I am not against giving to God's work and giving to the less privileged...but I am clearly against preaching this false doctrine of obligatory monetary tithing which our ten percent bounty hunters are twisting the scriptures to do so...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by paxonel(m): 10:20am On Feb 15, 2018
preciousuweh:

1.) PROOF ONE:
The bible in Luke 6:38 (KJV) says;

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

The above scripture is a commandment by JESUS for Christians to give. But where is tithing mentioned there? you may ask. Before I answer that let look at the meaning of giving.
GIVING in general means "TO RELEASE SOMETHING (I DON'T MEAN RELEASING TO PAY FOR SERVICE OR GOODS) TO SOMETHING, SOMEBODY OR FOR THE COURSE OF SOMETHING EITHER WILLINGLY, COERCIVELY, WHOLEHEARTEDLY OR GRUDGINGLY".
GRUDGINGLY and COERCIVELY
Man! This is old. .
We are living in modern day, peoples free will should be respected o

TITHING is a kind of giving because something is been released.
Something i being released because they are threatened or coerced by making them to believe that if they don't give tithe, God will not open the window of heaven and pour out blessings to them, or they are robbing God, and no one want to be seen robbing God, so they give.

OFFERING is a kind of giving because something is been released.
Tithing is totally different from this because tithing involves coercing.

CHARITY is a kind of giving because something is been released.
GIVING TO THE POOR AND LESS PRIVILEGE AROUND YOU is a kind of giving because something is been released.
GIVING TO YOUR PARENTS is a kind of giving because something is been released.
In summary, anything that has to do with you releasing something is GIVING
All these are not the same thing as tithing too inspite that they all involve giving.

When JESUS commanded the Christians to give, HE didn't tell us how to give, where to give, who to give to, what to give and what manner to give in. HE didn't also said "GIVE EXCLUDING TITHING", rather HE just said "GIVE"
There are several forms of giving order than tithing and the ones you mentioned above which requires that when anyone talking about giving in general should be specific and streamline to the particular type of giving he is talking about. I think that is what Jesus did by saying give and it shall be given unto you. He was specifically talking about giving to the poor, not tithing.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
OkCornel:

I believe Christians are followers of Jesus. Please do you have any scriptural reference to where Jesus collected tithes from His followers? Afterall, He is God's begotten son...

OR where the Apostles of the Early Church collected tithes from their congregants?

Please Acts 15 draws the line between Judaism and Christianity...so people don't get confused and start practicing Judeo-Christianity...

I am not against giving to God's work and giving to the less privileged...but I am clearly against preaching this false doctrine of obligatory monetary tithing which our ten percent bounty hunters are twisting the scriptures to do so...

JESUS never collected Tithe but HE preached it, mentioned it, supported it, approved it and acknowledged it in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42

HE also supported giving to the church which tithing is a part of in Luke 21:1-4, Mark 12:38-44

HE also commanded the Christians to give which tithing is a part of in Luke 6:38

Remember the early church also received giving from their members which tithing is a part of because the bible didn't tell what type of giving they were giving, it only said they gave, which means there is a probability of them giving in terms of Tithe. Acts 4:34-35

If you say Acts 15 draws the line between Christianity and Judaism, are you trying to tell me all the teachings and doctrines of JESUS are wrong and invalid simply because they were giving during the time of Judaism or what?
please don't get yourself confuse, I talked about this particular issue in this article of mine, that should be in Case 1 to Case 5. Check it out.
Please i don't wanna start explaining everything in details again. I have already explained it in my article already. I will admonish you to go reread it again for more explanation.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
paxonel:

GRUDGINGLY and COERCIVELY
Man! This is old. .
We are living in modern day, peoples free will should be respected o
Yes no one should be forced to give. I talked about that down the article which I don't think you actually read because if you did you won't be saying such.
Giving means releasing something to something or somebody or for the course of something whether coercively or willingly, so far you released something that is giving.
People can be coerced to give although I'm not in support of that.
Whether Coercively or willingly, so far someone releases something, it automatically becomes giving. Releasing that thing which could be anything whether (positive or negative but I'm talking about positive here) makes it giving whether it was done coercively or willingly. Okay

paxonel:

Something i being released because they are threatened or coerced by making them to believe that if they don't give tithe, God will not open the window of heaven and pour out blessings to them, or they are robbing God, and no one want to be seen robbing God, so they give.
No one should be forced to give which includes tithing, even the bible said so in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, rather they should do it willingly and wholeheartedly.
If the Bible in Malachi 3:8-10 (which is supported in Matthew 23:23, luke11:42) says non tithers are robbing GOD, then certainly they are robbing GOD, no pastor said that rather it is what is written in the Bible that they preach. That statement was made by GOD himself through the prophet malachi. That is why JESUS CHRIST himself admonished Christians to tithe in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 because HE knew if they don't do it they are robbing GOD.
Assuming Tithing was only for the Jews, JESUS himself would have annulled it just like every other laws he annulled (I gave you examples in the article) but HE didn't rather HE supported and acknowledged it. Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.
And please have you ever seen anyone been forced to tithe before or have you ever seen a scenario where people where been threatened or coerced at gun point to tihhe? of course not. No one forces anyone to tithe. The pastors only preach it and the tithers out of the convictions in their heart choose without coercion to tithe willingly and wholeheartedly.

paxonel:

Tithing is totally different from this because tithing involves coercing.
Really, tell me how.
Have you ever seen anyone been forced to tithe before or have you ever seen a scenario where people where been threatened or coerced at gun point to tihhe? of course not. No one forces anyone to tithe. The pastors only preach it and the tithers out of the convictions in their heart choose without coercion to tithe willingly and wholeheartedly.
So tell me how where they coerced.

paxonel:

All these are not the same thing as tithing too inspite that they all involve giving.
Tell me what makes tithing different from other forms of giving. Is it because it is been giving to the church that makes it different?
Please bro, don't confuse yourself. so far something is been released, it is GIVING, it doesn't matter where or who it is been released to.
Even JESUS himself supported giving to the church. Luke 21:1-4, Mark 12:38-44. HE didn't kick against it or annul it rather HE supported it with HIS actions.
Reread my article again for better understanding, okay.

paxonel:

There are several forms of giving order than tithing and the ones you mentioned above which requires that when anyone talking about giving in general should be specific and streamline to the particular type of giving he is talking about. I think that is what Jesus did by saying give and it shall be given unto you. He was specifically talking about giving to the poor, not tithing.
Can you show where it is written that JESUS in Luke 6:38 hinted at or talked about giving to the poor?
I don't know why you just keep on confusing yourself.
When JESUS commanded the Christians to give in Luke 6:38, HE didn't mention how it was to be given, where it was to be given, whom it was to be given to and in what manner it was to be given in and also HE didn't say give and exclude tithing rather HE Just said GIVE and by that HE means anything that has to do with you releasing something, do it and that includes tithing.
So bro, stop confusing yourself, okay. No one is going to kill you if you've chosen not to tithe.
I will like you to read or reread this article of mine from the beginning to the very end for better understanding and indoctrination.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
preciousuweh:

JESUS never collected Tithe but HE preached it, mentioned it, supported it, approved it and acknowledged it in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42

HE also supported giving to the church which tithing is a part of in Luke 21:1-4, Mark 12:38-44

HE also commanded the Christians to give which tithing is a part of in Luke 6:38

Remember the early church also received giving from their members which tithing is a part of because the bible didn't tell what type of giving they were giving, it only said they gave, which means there is a probability of them giving in terms of Tithe. Acts 4:34-35

If you say Acts 15 draws the line between Christianity and Judaism, are you trying to tell me all the teachings and doctrines of JESUS are wrong and invalid simply because they were giving during the time of Judaism or what?
please don't get yourself confuse, I talked about this particular issue in this article of mine, that should be in Case 1 to Case 5. Check it out.
Please i don't wanna start explaining everything in details again. I have already explained it in my article already. I will admonish you to go reread it again for more explanation.

I knew you were going to mention Matthew 23 v 23. Please...was Jesus talking to His followers or to the Pharisees in that verse?

By the way, are Christians still required to fulfill the burdens of the Law except for those spelt out in Acts 15?

Do you also have any passage in the Bible that shows where the Gentiles tithed in the early church?

Jesus didn't come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it...now that He has fulfilled it, am I still under the burden of obeying the Law (which includes tithing) ?
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Raymondfayowole(m): 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
OP, first u need to read and understand the difference between "giving" and "tithe". They are not desame, dont confuse yourself and others with that.
Tithe was a law, COMPULSORY, designed for a specific people for a specific purpose...
We know as a church money is needed in order to continue the work of God He has given us to do. God’s plan is recorded in I Corinthians 16:1 , 2 :
"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I gave order to the churches of Galatia, so also do ye. Upon the first day of the week let each one of you lay by him in store, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come." Please notice the parts of God’s perfect plan:
1. What? "The collection for the saints"
2. When? "Upon the first day of the week” "
3. Who? "Each one of you."
4. Do what? "Lay by him in store"
5. How much? "As he may prosper"
6. Why? "That no collections be made when I come."
Paul was collecting money from Gentile churches to help the poor in Jerusalem ( Romans 15:25-27 ; 2 Corinthians, chapters 8 and 9; Galatians 6:6-10 ). God used this occasion to set forth His pattern of church finance. It was to be done upon the
first day of the week for this is the time the church assembles to worship ( Acts 20:7 ; Revelation 1:10 ). It involves every member of the church. None is left out. It tells us how much we are to give. It is not a tithe as was the practice under the
Law of Moses , for we are not under that law today ( Colossians 2:14 ; Hebrews 8:6-13 ). The more we have, the more we are required to give. It tells us the reason for giving. Funds will be available when needed.

1 Like

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by paxonel(m): 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
preciousuweh:

Yes no one should be forced to give. I talked about that down the article which I don't think you actually read because if you did you won't be saying such.
Giving means releasing something to something or somebody or for the course of something whether coercively or willingly, so far you released something that is giving.
People can be coerced to give although I'm not in support of that.
Whether Coercively or willingly, so far someone releases something, it automatically becomes giving. Releasing that thing which could be anything whether (positive or negative but I'm talking about positive here) makes it giving whether it was done coercively or willingly. Okay

No one should be forced to give which includes tithing, even the bible said so in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, rather they should do it willingly and wholeheartedly.
If the Bible in Malachi 3:8-10 (which is supported in Matthew 23:23, luke11:42) says non tithers are robbing GOD, then certainly they are robbing GOD, no pastor said that rather it is what is written in the Bible that they preach. That statement was made by GOD himself through the prophet malachi. That is why JESUS CHRIST himself admonished Christians to tithe in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 because HE knew if they don't do it they are robbing GOD.
Assuming Tithing was only for the Jews, JESUS himself would have annulled it just like every other laws he annulled (I gave you examples in the article) but HE didn't rather HE supported and acknowledged it. Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.
And please have you ever seen anyone been forced to tithe before or have you ever seen a scenario where people where been threatened or coerced at gun point to tihhe? of course not. No one forces anyone to tithe. The pastors only preach it and the tithers out of the convictions in their heart choose without coercion to tithe willingly and wholeheartedly.

Really, tell me how.
Have you ever seen anyone been forced to tithe before or have you ever seen a scenario where people where been threatened or coerced at gun point to tihhe? of course not. No one forces anyone to tithe. The pastors only preach it and the tithers out of the convictions in their heart choose without coercion to tithe willingly and wholeheartedly.
So tell me how where they coerced.

Tell me what makes tithing different from other forms of giving. Is it because it is been giving to the church that makes it different?
Please bro, don't confuse yourself. so far something is been released, it is GIVING, it doesn't matter where or who it is been released to.
Even JESUS himself supported giving to the church. Luke 21:1-4, Mark 12:38-44. HE didn't kick against it or annul it rather HE supported it with HIS actions.
Reread my article again for better understanding, okay.

Can you show where it is written that JESUS in Luke 6:38 hinted at or talked about giving to the poor?
I don't know why you just keep on confusing yourself.
When JESUS commanded the Christians to give in Luke 6:38, HE didn't mention how it was to be given, where it was to be given, whom it was to be given to and in what manner it was to be given in and also HE didn't say give and exclude tithing rather HE Just said GIVE and by that HE means anything that has to do with you releasing something, do it and that includes tithing.
So bro, stop confusing yourself, okay. No one is going to kill you if you've chosen not to tithe.
I will like you to read or reread this article of mine from the beginning to the very end for better understanding and indoctrination.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
OkCornel:

I knew you were going to mention Matthew 23 v 23. Please...was Jesus talking to His followers or to the Pharisees in that verse?

By the way, are Christians still required to fulfill the burdens of the Law except for those spelt out in Acts 15?

Do you also have any passage in the Bible that shows where the Gentiles tithed in the early church?

Jesus didn't come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it...now that He has fulfilled it, am I still under the burden of obeying the Law (which includes tithing) ?

***sighs***
One thing I hate is arguing in circles, this is the reason I said in my DISCLAIMER that before one should comment on this thread, he or she should read this article from the beginning to the ending.

I hate repeating myself twice or explaining what I have already explained over and over again.
This issues been raised by you now has already been outlined and answered already by me in this article in CASE 1 and CASE 2 of this article respectively. which I know you didn't read at all, because if you did, you wouldn't have said what you just said above.

Anyway, I will like you to go read CASE 1 and CASE 2 of this article. The answers to your questions are there.

THANKS.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
Raymondfayowole:
OP, first u need to read and understand the difference between "giving" and "tithe". They are not desame, dont confuse yourself and others with that.
There is no difference between Tithing and other forms of giving because they are all forms of one word which is what, GIVING, which has to do with releasing something to something or somebody or for the course of something. so far something which could be anything is released, it is GIVING. It doesn't matter who you are releasing, what you are releasing, where you are you releasing, what course you are releasing for or what manner you are releasing in. So far you release something it is GIVING.
So now tell me, what is the difference between other forms of giving and tithing. Is it because it is been given to the church that now makes it different?

Raymondfayowole:
Tithe was a law, COMPULSORY, designed for a specific people for a specific purpose...
Yes tithing is a law commanded to the Jews, I am not disputing that but that same law was supported, admonished, acknowledged, mentioned and preached by JESUS in it's favour in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 which automatically means that, that same law has been extended to the Christians. If HE didn't want the Christians to obey such law, HE would have annulled it just like every other law HE annulled (check CASE 2 of this article to see some of the laws JESUS annulled) but rather HE supported that law which means HE wants the Christians to tithe because it has been extended to them

Raymondfayowole:
We know as a church money is needed in order to continue the work of God He has given us to do. God’s plan is recorded in I Corinthians 16:1 , 2 :
"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I gave order to the churches of Galatia, so also do ye. Upon the first day of the week let each one of you lay by him in store, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come." Please notice the parts of God’s perfect plan:
Paul was collecting money from Gentile churches to help the poor in Jerusalem ( Romans 15:25-27 ; 2 Corinthians, chapters 8 and 9; Galatians 6:6-10 ). God used this occasion to set forth His pattern of church finance. It was to be done upon the
first day of the week for this is the time the church assembles to worship ( Acts 20:7 ; Revelation 1:10 ). It involves every member of the church. None is left out. It tells us how much we are to give. It is not a tithe as was the practice under the
Law of Moses , for we are not under that law today ( Colossians 2:14 ; Hebrews 8:6-13 ). The more we have, the more we are required to give. It tells us the reason for giving. Funds will be available when needed.
What you are talking or what that passage is talking about is giving to the church which is an act or action JESUS himself supported in Luke 21:1-4 , Mark 11:38-44 and for clearer explanation, I will advice you to read PROOF THREE in the first portion of this article.
As I said before, giving to the church is an act or action supported and praised by JESUS in Luke 21:1-4, Mark 12:38-44. But guess what, Tithing is one way of giving to the church, there are other ways which includes offerings, vows, seed, donations etc.
When Paul by the auction of the HOLY SPIRIT was charging the Galatians or whatever Church he was writing to, he told to give collections which also means he charged them to give to the church which Tithing is a part of.
Mind you, he didn't tell them how to give whether it should be in tithe or in offering or in any other way rather he just told them to give as they are able and not just to give but to give to the church which includes tithing. So in other words he was telling them to give to the church in whatever way they can whether through tithing or offering or in any other way.
So indirectly he was also asking them to tithe since he charged them to give to the church which tithing is a part of.

I will like you to read THE PURPOSE OF TITHING in the latter portion of this article.

THANKS.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by paxonel(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2018

If the Bible in Malachi 3:8-10 (which is supported in Matthew 23:23, luke11:42)
Ok, it's like if someone ask you were was tithe supported in the new testament you will bring matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 as your proof?
What you should know is that, christianity as a religion first existed in the bible in the book of act. Act 1:15 precisely, that means there was nothing like christianity in Matthew, mark, luke and John.
And the question is not, where in the new testament was tithe supported?
The question is, where in the new testament was it commanded that christians or people practicing christianity starting from the book of act, should pay tithe?
You know, Malachi commanded the Jews to pay tithe because they had the old covenant with God through their father Abraham, So if they refused to pay then they are robbing God?
The question is, who were the Jews or Israelites in the bible?
What religion or faith did they practice?
Were they practicing the christian faith or christianity?

If they were practicing Judaism as their faith and not christianity then Malachi wouldn't have possibly mean to command christians who he never had the opportunity to meet in his life time,that if christians don't pay tithe they are robbing God. Therefore it is very wrong for today pastors to quote Malachi and say because Malachi says Jews robbed God if they don't pay tithe, it means christians rob God if they don't pay.
There is no sense there.
It amount to coarsing and forceful distortion of money(even though they give willingly) from ignorant christians who can't perceive this truth.

no pastor said that rather it is what is written in the Bible that they preach. That statement was made by GOD himself through the prophet malachi.

Pastors read from the bible without doing any research to find out that the statement was directly to the Jews who practiced Judaism at that time, not christians.

That is why JESUS CHRIST himself admonished Christians to tithe in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 because HE knew if they don't do it they are robbing GOD.
Jesus Christ did not admonish christians. There was no christianity as at that time because he has not yet died and resurrected. Rather he was talking to the Jews and their Pharisee leaders, he was only reminding the them of their laws. Tithing was a law only for the israelites.

Assuming Tithing was only for the Jews, JESUS himself would have annulled it just like every other laws he annulled (I gave you examples in the article) but HE didn't rather HE supported and acknowledged it.
Jesus Christ was never a traditional fundamentalist that he should not acknowledge peoples laws and begin annul Jewish traditional laws for no reason except those that were against the universal laws of love your neighbour, obey your parents, don't kill, don't steal, etc.
Every tribes and cultures of the world have their traditional laws, Jewish tithing law was never against these simple universal laws of love so there was no need to annul it.

Ok, why are the Jews not taking our Yoruba laws such that they rob God if they refuse to obey yoruba a particular Yoruba law?
Why should i as a yoruba man rob God if i don't obey a Jewish law simply because I'm practicing christianity?
You see?

Just like Jesus acknowledged Jews and their laws of tithing, he will also acknowledge laws from Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, England, India, Spanish, Germany etc, so long their laws are not against universal love.

So flee pastors
It's either they know the truth they are not saying it or they are ignorant and maintain the ones that will pay them
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 4:12am On Feb 16, 2018
preciousuweh:

***sighs***
One thing I hate is arguing in circles, this is the reason I said in my DISCLAIMER that before one should comment on this thread, he or she should read this article from the beginning to the ending.

I hate repeating myself twice or explaining what I have already explained over and over again.
This issues been raised by you now has already been outlined and answered already by me in this article in CASE 1 and CASE 2 of this article respectively. which I know you didn't read at all, because if you did, you wouldn't have said what you just said above.

Anyway, I will like you to go read CASE 1 and CASE 2 of this article. The answers to your questions are there.

THANKS.

I have read them, and my questions still stands;

1) Where in the Bible did Jesus collect tithes or admonish his Apostles to collect tithes from His sheeps?

2) Are there any records of the gentiles paying tithes in church? Especially after what happened in Acts 15?

3) If Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it...are Christians still required to obey these laws?

4) Are you also aware that when Jesus mention Matthew 23 v 23, He had not fulfilled the Law by then? That even animal sacrifices were still ongoing by then?

5) If you are aware of point 4, are you then implying Jesus fulfilled the Law partially or fully? If He fulfilled the Law fully...then why do Christians need to tithe?
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Raymondfayowole(m): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2018
preciousuweh:

There is no difference between Tithing and other forms of giving because they are all forms of one word which is what, GIVING, which has to do with releasing something to something or somebody or for the course of something. so far something which could be anything is released, it is GIVING. It doesn't matter who you are releasing, what you are releasing, where you are you releasing, what course you are releasing for or what manner you are releasing in. So far you release something it is GIVING.
So now tell me, what is the difference between other forms of giving and tithing. Is it because it is been given to the church that now makes it different?
*Smiles*
Like i said you really need to understand the meaning and differences between tithe and collection for the saints. Your definition for giving is confusing you.
Lemme sight an example for u.
1. Compulsory, mandatory i give one tenth of a produce
2. Liberty to give any amount as long as it is from a willing mind
Please tell there's no difference between number 1 nd 2

preciousuweh:

Yes tithing is a law commanded to the Jews, I am not disputing that but that same law was supported, admonished, acknowledged, mentioned and preached by JESUS in it's favour in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 which automatically means that, that same law has been extended to the Christians. If HE didn't want the Christians to obey such law, HE would have annulled it just like every other law HE annulled (check CASE 2 of this article to see some of the laws JESUS annulled) but rather HE supported that law which means HE wants the Christians to tithe because it has been extended to them

Since you agree tithe was a law commanded to the nations of isreal read Matt 5:17-18
some versions will write "not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
Jesus Christ said He did not come to cancel but to fulfill the Law and the Prophets.
The coming of Jesus Christ is the central theme of the Old Testament. His coming, therefore, was not to cancel but to fulfill all that the Old Testament said about Him—where He will be born, what He will suffer, where and how He will die etc.

The law was not to be destroyed until its purpose was completely fulfilled. Jesus' death on the cross would be the last of the Law and the Prophets as this act would be the last item of prophecy concerning the earthly life of Jesus as contained in the Law and the Prophets.

The "Law" was the Pentateuch (first five books of Moses) and "the prophets" were the books that the prophets wrote. These two divisions seemed to comprise the Old Testament.
Christ removed forever the Law by ' _canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath_' (Colossians 2:14-16).

Not by destroying it, but by fulfilling it ' _for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes_' (Romans 10:4, ESV).

So if u belive tithe is still binding on Christains then animal sacrifices etc should still be in practice. Note matt 5:17-18 very well.. NOT EVEN THE SMALLEST WILL PASS AWAY........

preciousuweh:

What you are talking or what that passage is talking about is giving to the church which is an act or action JESUS himself supported in Luke 21:1-4 , Mark 11:38-44 and for clearer explanation, I will advice you to read PROOF THREE in the first portion of this article.
As I said before, giving to the church is an act or action supported and praised by JESUS in Luke 21:1-4, Mark 12:38-44. But guess what, Tithing is one way of giving to the church, there are other ways which includes offerings, vows, seed, donations etc.
When Paul by the auction of the HOLY SPIRIT was charging the Galatians or whatever Church he was writing to, he told to give collections which also means he charged them to give to the church which Tithing is a part of.
[s]Mind you, he didn't tell them how to give whether it should be in tithe or in offering or in any other way rather he just told them to give as they are able and not just to give but to give to the church which includes tithing. So in other words he was telling them to give to the church in whatever way they can whether through tithing or offering or in any other way.
So indirectly he was also asking them to tithe since he charged them to give to the church which tithing is a part of.[/s]

I will like you to read THE PURPOSE OF TITHING in the latter portion of this article.

THANKS.

*Smiles*
I want you to read 1cor 16:1-2 again

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I gave order to the churches of Galatia, so also do ye. Upon the first day of the week let each one of you lay by him in store, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come."

It was an order given to the church....
Christ had already laid down the pattern by which a church can make its income... it is not compulsory it should be in terms of money...whatever money or income that is going into the church account it should be done ONLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.
Check out the pattern again..
Please notice the parts of God’s perfect plan:
IT WAS AN ORDER!!!

NOTE: Christ does not limit us in doing good to one another but for any income as the church it should be done only on the first day of the week.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by jamescross: 10:59am On Feb 16, 2018
raymondfayowole nice response to preciousuweh. precious tithing is right the same way circumcision is right.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Op please, when did the new testament began? Is it before the cross or after the cross?

Did it officially begin in Matthew or in Acts?
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
paxonel:

Ok, it's like if someone ask you were was tithe supported in the new testament you will bring matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 as your proof?
What you should know is that, christianity as a religion first existed in the bible in the book of act. Act 1:15 precisely, that means there was nothing like christianity in Matthew, mark, luke and John.
So are you trying to tell me that the new testament actually started from Acts 15, if that be the case, are you trying to tell me that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid to us Christians since they were commanded and charged before Acts 15 (which is your so called beginning of the Christianity or new testament)? are you also trying to tell me that the books of Matthew to Acts 14 and everything written in them are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey and do what is written in them since they were instituted before Acts 15? are you also insinuating that Christians shouldn't listen and obey the doctrines of JESUS since they were charged before Acts 15 rather they should obey the laws of the apostles? are you also trying to say that the opinion and doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and is of no importance since it was instituted before Acts 15? are you also trying to tell me that the doctrines and opinions of the apostles matters more than that of JESUS?
WONDERFUL, WHAT AN IDEOLOGY.

Who gave the apostles the mandate? JESUS.

Which laws and doctrines were the apostles preaching, is it that of moses or that of JESUS? of course that of JESUS.

Where was the doctrines of JESUS given in? of course in the books of Matthew to john and all HIS (JESUS) laws were given before HE instituted grace by dying on the cross.

Who should Christians obey more, is it JESUS or the apostles? of course JESUS.

Whose doctrines should Christians obey, is it that of the apostles or that of JESUS? of course that of JESUS.

Who holds the greater authority, is it the apostles or JESUS? of course JESUS.

Who are the apostles subjected to? JESUS.

So why are trying to say that Christians should only obey what is written in Acts 15 only because according to you, that's where the new testament or christianity starts from which automatically means that all the laws and teachings of JESUS in Matthew to John are invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because they were actually instituted before Acts 15 which also means that all of JESUS doctrines and teachings are dumb, gibberish and that JESUS CHRIST himself was just wasting HIS time teaching HIS doctrines since they were done before Acts 15.
HEY. AHH. EHE. TELL ME SOMETHING. ABOMINATION. IYAMMI. REALLY!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY HAS KILLED ME OH, SEE IDEOLOGY. OH GOD, PLEASE HAVE MERCY.

Bro, let me tell you, Christianity didn't start form Acts 15, rather it started from the cross which was when JESUS instituted grace, salvation and redemption.
First of all what is CHRISTIANITY.
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION (WELL TECHNICALLY, IT IS) NEITHER IS IT A MOVEMENT NEITHER IS IT ALSO A CHURCH OR A PEOPLE RATHER CHRISTIANITY IS GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION WHICH JESUS GRANTED TO HUMANITY.
SO CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT A RELIGION, MOVEMENT, PEOPLE OR CHURCH RATHER IT IS ABOUT GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION

And when did JESUS institute GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION? on the cross. Did HE do it in Acts 15? of course not, rather HE did it before Acts 15. The commandment to even preach the gospel which is the gospel of Grace, Salvation and Redemption, was even commanded before Acts 15. If there was no establishment of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION which is CHRISTIANITY on the cross by JESUS there wouldn't have been any Acts 15. So where did Christianity actually start from, is it on the cross or in Acts 15? of course on the cross, and who established it? of JESUS, the apostles didn't establish it.

paxonel:

And the question is not, where in the new testament was tithe supported?
Bia, Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, where is it, is it in the old testament or in the new testament?
Wait, let me guess, in the Bible you are trying to write or translate, maybe, the books of Matthew to Acts 14 are in the old testament while the new testament starts from Acts 15.
BRO, I'M THRILLED, KEEP IT UP. YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL LIKE TO READ THAT YOUR BIBLE.

paxonel:

The question is, where in the new testament was it commanded that christians or people practicing christianity starting from the book of act, should pay tithe?
JESUS mentioned, preached, commanded, acknowledged and admonished TITHING in Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42 which are in the new testament.

And I ask again, are you insinuating that Christians shouldn't obey and do the doctrines of JESUS himself which HE preached and taught from Matthew to John because they were commanded before Acts rather they should listen and obey the doctrines of the apostles? Are you also trying to insinuate that the doctrines of JESUS is of no importance but rather that of the apostles?

Acts doesn't have any record of Tithe but it has the record of giving to the church which tithing is a part of. Acts 4:34-35 but Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 which is in the new testament and is a doctrine and teaching of JESUS CHRIST, TITHING was mentioned, and it was not only mentioned rather it was supported, admonished, promoted and preached in favour of by JESUS himself who is the founder, instituter and establisher of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION, which is what Christianity is all about.

Whether you like it or not, no matter how you try to twist, tweak and dilute the scripture, certain things are sure, which are;

1.) The doctrines of JESUS is greater and of more importance than that of the apostles. JESUS is the head of the Church while the apostles and every other Christians are subject to HIM.
So now tell me whose doctrines should be obeyed, is it the doctrine of the head of the church HIMSELF or that of those under HIM.

2.) So far JESUS himself supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42. That law itself becomes valid for all Christians to obey whether the apostles in your so called Acts 15 mentioned it or not.
What JESUS himself has said and proclaim is what stands. And no one's opinion or doctrine matters or can overthrow it, not even that of you or the apostles in your so called Acts 15. JESUS is the head and still remains the head of the church, not only that, HE is also the author and finisher of our Faith, that same faith which was instituted on the cross of calvary, which is the same faith the apostles were upholding and preaching.
So whatever law JESUS supported and established, is established and whatever law HE kicks against or annuls, is annulled.
Whatever JESUS himself says is what stands and nothing can change that, not even the apostles or you or anyone or the DEVIL himself

VERY SOON, YOU WILL COME AND TELL ME THAT FORNICATION IS NOT A SIN BECAUSE IT WAS COMMANDED BEFORE REVELATION 22. I'M WAITING FOR THAT DAY SHA.

I have shown you were JESUS himself supported Tithing in the new testament. Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.
Even the apostle paul mentioned Tithing and he was even in support of it. Hebrew 7.

Now, can you show me in the new testament where it is written that JESUS himself said Tithing is wrong and that Christians shouldn't Tithe.
And also can you show me where it is written in the new testament including that Acts 15 of yours, that the Apostles said Tithing is wrong and that Christians shouldn't practice it.
I'm waiting for your answer back up with new testament bible passages.
If you can't give it, then Forever remain quiet.

paxonel:

You know, Malachi commanded the Jews to pay tithe because they had the old covenant with God through their father Abraham, So if they refused to pay then they are robbing God?
The question is, who were the Jews or Israelites in the bible?
What religion or faith did they practice?
Were they practicing the christian faith or christianity?

If they were practicing Judaism as their faith and not christianity then Malachi wouldn't have possibly mean to command christians who he never had the opportunity to meet in his life time,that if christians don't pay tithe they are robbing God. Therefore it is very wrong for today pastors to quote Malachi and say because Malachi says Jews robbed God if they don't pay tithe, it means christians rob God if they don't pay.
There is no sense there.
It amount to coarsing and forceful distortion of money(even though they give willingly) from ignorant christians who can't perceive this truth.

Pastors read from the bible without doing any research to find out that the statement was directly to the Jews who practiced Judaism at that time, not christians.

Jesus Christ did not admonish christians. There was no christianity as at that time because he has not yet died and resurrected. Rather he was talking to the Jews and their Pharisee leaders, he was only reminding the them of their laws. Tithing was a law only for the israelites.

Jesus Christ was never a traditional fundamentalist that he should not acknowledge peoples laws and begin annul Jewish traditional laws for no reason except those that were against the universal laws of love your neighbour, obey your parents, don't kill, don't steal, etc.
Every tribes and cultures of the world have their traditional laws, Jewish tithing law was never against these simple universal laws of love so there was no need to annul it.

Ok, why are the Jews not taking our Yoruba laws such that they rob God if they refuse to obey yoruba a particular Yoruba law?
Why should i as a yoruba man rob God if i don't obey a Jewish law simply because I'm practicing christianity?
You see?

Just like Jesus acknowledged Jews and their laws of tithing, he will also acknowledge laws from Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, England, India, Spanish, Germany etc, so long their laws are not against universal love.

So flee pastors
It's either they know the truth they are not saying it or they are ignorant and maintain the ones that will pay them
This is the dumbest of all dumbest counter points I have, is and will ever come across in my not up to 30 years on Earth (NO OFFENCE)

JESUS himself was a Judaist, HE was born into a Judaist family and nation, HE was raised with Judaist customs, laws and values. HE took part in Judaist festivals both religious and non religious, HE attended the synagogue and temple, HE studied the Torah which is the old testament law, HE even quoted them in HIS teachings. Most of HIS ministries where done within the border of Israel except in few cases where HE went out of the border of Israel into other countries.

All of JESUS teachings, doctrines and commandments were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism except the below commandments that were given after HIS death, which are;

1.) The great commission: where HE charged HIS disciples and the Christians to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.
2.) Where HE charged peter and HIS disciples (pastors) to feed HIS sheep (the Christians). John 21:15-17.
3.) Where HE charged HIS Disciples to wait at Jerusalem until they be endued with power from on high (The HOLY SPIRIT). Luke 24:49

Aside from the above three commandment, all other commandments, teachings and doctrines of JESUS were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism.

So, if were are to go with the logic that tithing is invalid and wrong because it was commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism and before the death of JESUS CHRIST, that means logically, all of JESUS laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments are all invalid, wrong and not for the Christians because they were all commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism, and before HIS death.

Of course not, because those laws were the laws of grace (which includes tithing) that HE instituted before HE established Grace by HIS death.
Let's assume all the laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments of JESUS (which were the laws of grace) were commanded to the Jews, HE later commanded HIS disciples and the Christians in general to preach the message of salvation (which includes grace and its laws) to all the world. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.

So, That Line Of Argument Is Just Plain Invalid And Meaningless.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Raymondfayowole:

*Smiles*
Like i said you really need to understand the meaning and differences between tithe and collection for the saints. Your definition for giving is confusing you.
Lemme sight an example for u.
1. Compulsory, mandatory i give one tenth of a produce
2. Liberty to give any amount as long as it is from a willing mind
Please tell there's no difference between number 1 nd 2
Bro, stop confusing yourself. There is no difference and there have never been any between Tithing and Giving or any other forms of Giving.
What is Giving, Giving is releasing something to something or somebody or for the course of something. When you tithe, you are releasing something which in most case is money, to the church. so now tell me, what now makes it different from giving.
GIVING is the general name given to the action of releasing or giving out something and Tithing is a kind of giving because when you tithe you are releasing something.

Bro, Tithing isn't compulsory okay. Read CASE 14 and CASE 15 of this article. I talked about it there. Okay.

Raymondfayowole:

Since you agree tithe was a law commanded to the nations of isreal read Matt 5:17-18
some versions will write "not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
Jesus Christ said He did not come to cancel but to fulfill the Law and the Prophets.
The coming of Jesus Christ is the central theme of the Old Testament. His coming, therefore, was not to cancel but to fulfill all that the Old Testament said about Him—where He will be born, what He will suffer, where and how He will die etc.

The law was not to be destroyed until its purpose was completely fulfilled. Jesus' death on the cross would be the last of the Law and the Prophets as this act would be the last item of prophecy concerning the earthly life of Jesus as contained in the Law and the Prophets.

The "Law" was the Pentateuch (first five books of Moses) and "the prophets" were the books that the prophets wrote. These two divisions seemed to comprise the Old Testament.
Christ removed forever the Law by ' _canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath_' (Colossians 2:14-16).

Not by destroying it, but by fulfilling it ' _for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes_' (Romans 10:4, ESV).

So if u belive tithe is still binding on Christains then animal sacrifices etc should still be in practice. Note matt 5:17-18 very well.. NOT EVEN THE SMALLEST WILL PASS AWAY........
Did JESUS himself mention Tithing? Yes.

Where? Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42

Was HE in support of it or against it? Of course, HE was in support of it.

What does that mean? It means that an old testament law which was commanded to the Jews has been extended to the Christians and that law is now a new testament law because that law was supported, preached, admonished and charged by the establisher of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION HIMSELF, which is JESUS.

Except you are trying to tell me that the doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and that it is invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them because JESUS was talking gibberish.

Raymondfayowole:

*Smiles*
I want you to read 1cor 16:1-2 again

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I gave order to the churches of Galatia, so also do ye. Upon the first day of the week let each one of you lay by him in store, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come."

It was an order given to the church....
Christ had already laid down the pattern by which a church can make its income... it is not compulsory it should be in terms of money...whatever money or income that is going into the church account it should be done ONLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.
Check out the pattern again..
Please notice the parts of God’s perfect plan:
IT WAS AN ORDER!!!

NOTE: Christ does not limit us in doing good to one another but for any income as the church it should be done only on the first day of the week.
Bro, there was no way it was written or commanded that Tithing should be one's ten percent out of his or her income neither was it written that tithing should be done in monetary terms neither was it also commanded that Tithing should be paid at the end of the month.
Read CASE 5 to CASE 7 of this article, I talked about it there.

Bro, you are really funny. For people to pay tithe monthly, is a problem, they complain here and there including you giving one thousand and one reasons why they won't tithe. Is it when they say that they should give to the church massively every first day of the week that they will obey, my brother, do you want to cause riot in the church. Some will even decide not to go to church that day self. Just imagine the scenario.

Giving to the church which includes Tithing is an action JESUS supported in Mark 12:38-44 and in Luke 21:1-4. I am not disputing that.
Tithing is also a law and commandment supported by JESUS in Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42.

JESUS words and doctrines are yes and amen. what HE has spoken and commanded is what stands. No man and nothing can change it.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Op please, when did the new testament began? Is it before the cross or after the cross?

Did it officially begin in Matthew or in Acts?

As a Bible scholar, where do you actually think the new testament began and why?

Let me hear you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Papal Apology Request! / The Qu'ran & Hadits (a Distiction) / Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 586
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.