Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,436 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. (2167 Views)

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
jamescross:
raymondfayowole nice response to preciousuweh. precious tithing is right the same way circumcision is right.

JESUS supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42.
But did he support circumsion? No, HE didn't even mention it, talk more of supporting it.

So the difference between Tithing and circumcision (which are both old testament laws) is that;
TITHING was supported by JESUS CHRIST himself in Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42 which now makes that old testament law to be extended to the Christians and valid for them to obey also.
BUT
Circumcision wasn't even mentioned by JESUS talk more of been supported by HIM.

I hope now you've seen the difference. One (Tithing) was supported by JESUS in the new testament while the other (circumcision) wasn't supported by HIM in the new testament. It was not even mentioned talk more of being supported.

Except you are trying to tell me that the doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and that it is invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them because JESUS was talking gibberish.

So please don't compare Tithing and circumcision.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 17, 2018
Raymondfayowole:

*Smiles*
Like i said you really need to understand the meaning and differences between tithe and collection for the saints. Your definition for giving is confusing you.
Lemme sight an example for u.
1. Compulsory, mandatory i give one tenth of a produce
2. Liberty to give any amount as long as it is from a willing mind
Please tell there's no difference between number 1 nd 2

Since you agree tithe was a law commanded to the nations of isreal read Matt 5:17-18
some versions will write "not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
Jesus Christ said He did not come to cancel but to fulfill the Law and the Prophets.
The coming of Jesus Christ is the central theme of the Old Testament. His coming, therefore, was not to cancel but to fulfill all that the Old Testament said about Him—where He will be born, what He will suffer, where and how He will die etc.

The law was not to be destroyed until its purpose was completely fulfilled. Jesus' death on the cross would be the last of the Law and the Prophets as this act would be the last item of prophecy concerning the earthly life of Jesus as contained in the Law and the Prophets.

The "Law" was the Pentateuch (first five books of Moses) and "the prophets" were the books that the prophets wrote. These two divisions seemed to comprise the Old Testament.
Christ removed forever the Law by ' _canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath_' (Colossians 2:14-16).

Not by destroying it, but by fulfilling it ' _for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes_' (Romans 10:4, ESV).

So if u belive tithe is still binding on Christains then animal sacrifices etc should still be in practice. Note matt 5:17-18 very well.. NOT EVEN THE SMALLEST WILL PASS AWAY........

*Smiles*
I want you to read 1cor 16:1-2 again

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I gave order to the churches of Galatia, so also do ye. Upon the first day of the week let each one of you lay by him in store, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come."

It was an order given to the church....
Christ had already laid down the pattern by which a church can make its income... it is not compulsory it should be in terms of money...whatever money or income that is going into the church account it should be done ONLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.
Check out the pattern again..
Please notice the parts of God’s perfect plan:
1. What? "The collection for the saints"
2. When? "Upon the first day of the week” "
3. Who? "Each one of you."
4. Do what? "Lay by him in store"
5. How much? "As he may prosper"
6. Why? "That no collections be made when I come."
IT WAS AN ORDER!!!

NOTE: Christ does not limit us in doing good to one another but for any income as the church it should be done only on the first day of the week.

So are you trying to tell me that the new testament actually started from Acts 15, if that be the case, are you trying to tell me that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid to us Christians since they were commanded and charged before Acts 15 (which is your so called beginning of the Christianity or new testament)? are you also trying to tell me that the books of Matthew to Acts 14 and everything written in them are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey and do what is written in them since they were instituted before Acts 15? are you also insinuating that Christians shouldn't listen and obey the doctrines of JESUS since they were charged before Acts 15 rather they should obey the laws of the apostles? are you also trying to say that the opinion and doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and is of no importance since it was instituted before Acts 15? are you also trying to tell me that the doctrines and opinions of the apostles matters more than that of JESUS?
WONDERFUL, WHAT AN IDEOLOGY.

Who gave the apostles the mandate? JESUS.

Which laws and doctrines were the apostles preaching, is it that of moses or that of JESUS? of course that of JESUS.

Where was the doctrines of JESUS given in? of course in the books of Matthew to john and all HIS (JESUS) laws were given before HE instituted grace by dying on the cross.

Who should Christians obey more, is it JESUS or the apostles? of course JESUS.

Whose doctrines should Christians obey, is it that of the apostles or that of JESUS? of course that of JESUS.

Who holds the greater authority, is it the apostles or JESUS? of course JESUS.

Who are the apostles subjected to? JESUS.

So why are trying to say that Christians should only obey what is written in Acts 15 only because according to you, that's where the new testament or Christianity starts from which automatically means that all the laws and teachings of JESUS in Matthew to John are invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because they were actually instituted before Acts 15 which also means that all of JESUS doctrines and teachings are dumb, gibberish and that JESUS CHRIST himself was just wasting HIS time teaching HIS doctrines since they were done before Acts 15.

HEY. AHH. EHE. TELL ME SOMETHING. ABOMINATION. IYAMMI. REALLY!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY HAS KILLED ME OH, SEE IDEOLOGY. OH GOD, PLEASE HAVE MERCY.

Bro, let me tell you, Christianity didn't start form Acts 15, rather it started from the cross which was when JESUS instituted grace, salvation and redemption.

First of all what is CHRISTIANITY.
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION (WELL TECHNICALLY, IT IS) NEITHER IS IT A MOVEMENT NEITHER IS IT ALSO A CHURCH OR A PEOPLE RATHER CHRISTIANITY IS GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION WHICH JESUS GRANTED TO HUMANITY.
SO CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT A RELIGION, MOVEMENT, PEOPLE OR CHURCH RATHER IT IS ABOUT GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION
And when did JESUS institute GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION? on the cross. Did HE do it in Acts 15? of course not, rather HE did it before Acts 15. The commandment to even preach the gospel which is the gospel of Grace, Salvation and Redemption, was even commanded before Acts 15. If there was no establishment of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION which is CHRISTIANITY on the cross by JESUS there wouldn't have been any Acts 15.
So where did Christianity actually start from, is it on the cross or in Acts 15? of course on the cross, and who established it? of course JESUS, the apostles didn't establish it.

You said i should show where in the new testament that says Christians should Tithe.
Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, where is it, is it in the old testament or in the new testament?

Wait, let me guess, in the Bible you are trying to write or translate, maybe, the books of Matthew to Acts 14 are in the old testament while the new testament starts from Acts 15.

BRO, I'M THRILLED, KEEP IT UP. YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL LIKE TO READ THAT YOUR BIBLE.

JESUS mentioned, preached, commanded, acknowledged and admonished TITHING in Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42 which are in the new testament.
And I ask again, are you insinuating that Christians shouldn't obey and do the doctrines of JESUS himself which HE preached and taught from Matthew to John because they were commanded before Acts rather they should listen and obey the doctrines of the apostles? Are you also trying to insinuate that the doctrines of JESUS is of no importance but rather that of the apostles?

Acts doesn't have any record of Tithe but it has the record of giving to the church which tithing is a part of. Acts 4:34-35 but in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 which is in the new testament and is a doctrine and teaching of JESUS CHRIST, TITHING was mentioned, and it was not only mentioned rather it was supported, admonished, promoted and preached in favour of by JESUS himself who is the founder, instituter and establisher of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION, which is what Christianity is all about.

Whether you like it or not, no matter how you try to twist, tweak and dilute the scripture, certain things are sure, which are;

1.) The doctrines of JESUS is greater and of more importance than that of the apostles. JESUS is the head of the Church while the apostles and every other Christians are subject to HIM.
So now tell me whose doctrines should be obeyed, is it the doctrine of the head of the church HIMSELF or that of those under HIM.

2.) So far JESUS himself supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42. That law itself becomes valid for all Christians to obey whether the apostles in your so called Acts 15 mentioned it or not.
What JESUS himself has said and proclaim is what stands. And no one's opinion or doctrine matters or can overthrow it, not even that of you or the apostles in your so called Acts 15. JESUS is the head and still remains the head of the church, not only that, HE is also the author and finisher of our Faith, that same faith which was instituted on the cross of calvary, which is the same faith the apostles were upholding and preaching.

So whatever law JESUS supported and established, is established and whatever law HE kicks against or annuls, is annulled.
Whatever JESUS himself says is what stands and nothing can change that, not even the apostles or you or anyone or the
DEVIL himself

VERY SOON, YOU WILL COME AND TELL ME THAT FORNICATION IS NOT A SIN BECAUSE IT WAS COMMANDED BEFORE REVELATION 22. I'M WAITING FOR THAT DAY SHA.

I have shown you were JESUS himself supported Tithing in the new testament. Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.
Even the apostle Paul mentioned Tithing and he was even in support of it. Hebrew 7.

Now, can you show me in the new testament where it is written that JESUS himself said Tithing is wrong and that Christians shouldn't Tithe.
And also can you show me where it is written in the new testament including that Acts 15 of yours, that the Apostles said Tithing is wrong and that Christians shouldn't practice it.
I'm waiting for your answer back up with new testament bible passages.
If you can't give it, then remain quiet.

JESUS himself was a Judaist, HE was born into a Judaist family and nation, HE was raised with Judaist customs, laws and values. HE took part in Judaist festivals both religious and non religious, HE attended the synagogue and temple, HE studied the Torah which is the old testament law, HE even quoted them in HIS teachings. Most of HIS ministries where done within the border of Israel except in few cases where HE went out of the border of Israel into other countries.
All of JESUS teachings, doctrines and commandments were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism except the below commandments that were given after HIS death, which are;

1.) The great commission: where HE charged HIS disciples and the Christians to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.
2.) Where HE charged peter and HIS disciples (pastors) to feed HIS sheep (the Christians). John 21:15-17.
3.) Where HE charged HIS Disciples to wait at Jerusalem until they be endued with power from on high (The HOLY SPIRIT). Luke 24:49

Aside from the above three commandment, all other commandments, teachings and doctrines of JESUS were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism.

So, if were are to go with the logic that tithing is invalid and wrong because it was commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism and before the death of JESUS CHRIST, that means logically, all of JESUS laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments are all invalid, wrong and not for the Christians because they were all commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism, and before HIS death.

Of course not, because those laws were the laws of grace (which includes tithing) that HE instituted before HE established Grace by HIS death.
Let's assume all the laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments of JESUS (which were the laws of grace) were commanded to the Jews, HE later commanded HIS disciples and the Christians in general to preach the message of salvation (which includes grace and its laws) to all the world. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.

JESUS himself did not collect Tithe from anybody, but HE mentioned it, supported it, Talked in favour of it and Charged it which means that, that old testament law has been extended to the Christians and that same law is now valid for Christians to obey.

And what JESUS CHRIST has supported, established and said is what stands whether you like it or not. And no one, not even the apostles or Acts 15 or the THE DEVIL can change that.

Except you are trying to tell me that the doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and that it is invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them because JESUS was talking gibberish.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 5:59am On Feb 17, 2018
If you insist on tithing... let me refresh your memory on how the Jews tithed after God gave them the Law through Moses;

Tithes in Judaism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tithing in the Temple
The tithe is specifically mentioned in the Books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The tithe system was organized in a seven-year cycle, the seventh-year corresponding to the Shemittah-cycle in which year tithes were broken-off, and in every third and sixth-year of this cycle the Second tithe replaced with the Poor man's tithe. These tithes were in reality more like taxes for the people of Israel and were mandatory, not optional giving. This tithe was distributed locally "within thy gates" (Deuteronomy 14:28) to support the Levites and assist the poor. Every year, Bikkurim, Terumah, Ma'aser Rishon and Terumat Ma'aser were separated from the grain, wine and oil (Deuteronomy 14:22). Initially, the commandment to separate tithes from one's produce only applied when the entire nation of Israel had settled in the Land of Israel. The Returnees from the Babylonian exile who had resettled the country were a Jewish minority, and who, although they were not obligated to tithe their produce, put themselves under a voluntary bind to do so, and which practice became obligatory upon all.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 5:59am On Feb 17, 2018
Terumah (Heave-offering)
The first obligation that was incumbent upon an Israelite or Jew was to separate from his harvested grain (wheat, barley, spelt, etc.), wine (including unpressed grapes) and oil (including unpressed olives) the one-fiftieth portion of these products (or one-fortieth, if he were a man of generosity; and one-sixtieth if he were stingy) and to give the same to a man of Aaron's lineage (priestly stock), who, in turn, would eat such fruits in a state of ritual cleanness, in accordance with a biblical command, "...and let him not eat of the holy things, until he bathes his flesh in water. And when the sun goes down down, he will be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things because it is his food" (Leviticus 22:6). This obligation was contingent upon the fact that such fruits grew in the Land of Israel. Later, the Rabbis made it an obligation to do the same for all fruits and vegetables grown in the Land of Israel, and not only to such fruits as grain, grapes and olives. With the destruction of the Temple and the cessation of ritual purity, the obligation to separate the Terumah continued unabated, although it was no longer given to a priest of Aaron's lineage, since bodily defilement was now pervasive. The general practice after the Temple's destruction was to separate the Terumah from all fruits and vegetables by removing even the slightest portion thereof, and to immediately discard it by burial or some other means of disposal (since it can no longer be eaten in the current state of ritual uncleanness, and those doing so would make themselves liable to extirpation).
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 6:00am On Feb 17, 2018
First tithe
The first tithe is giving of one tenth of the remaining agricultural produce (after removing from the produce the standard Terumah) to the Levite (or Aaronic priests). Historically, during the First Temple period, the first tithe was given to the Levites. Approximately at the beginning of the Second Temple construction, Ezra and his Beth din implemented its giving to the kohanim.

The Levites, also known as the Tribe of Levi, were descendants of Levi. They were assistants to the Aaronic priests (who were the children of Aaron and, therefore, a subset of the Tribe of Levi) and did not own or inherit a territorial patrimony (Numbers 18:21-28). Their function in society was that of temple functionaries, teachers and trusted civil servants who supervised the weights and scales and witnessed agreements. The goods donated from the other Israeli tribes were their source of sustenance. They received from "all Israel" a tithe of food or livestock for support, and in turn would set aside a tenth portion of that tithe (known as the Terumat hamaaser) for the Aaronic priests.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 6:00am On Feb 17, 2018
Second tithe

Unlike other offerings which were restricted to consumption within the tabernacle, the second tithe could be consumed anywhere within the Walls of Jerusalem. On years one, two, four and five of the Shemittah-cycle, God commanded the Children of Israel to take a second tithe that was to be brought to the place of the Temple (Deuteronomy 14:23). The owner of the produce was to separate and bring 1/10 of his finished produce to the Old City of Jerusalem, after separating Terumah and the first tithe, but if the family lived too far from Jerusalem, the tithe could be redeemed upon coins (Deuteronomy 14:24-25). Then, the Bible required the owner of the redeemed coins to spend the tithe "to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish" (Deuteronomy 14:26). Implicit in the commandment was an obligation to spend the coins on items meant for human consumption.

Poor man's tithe
In years three and six of the Shemittah-cycle the Israelites set aside the (second) tithe instead as the poor tithe, and it was given to the strangers, orphans, and widows.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 6:01am On Feb 17, 2018
Terumat maaser

Terumat hamaaser was given by the Levite to the Kohen, and was one-tenth of what the Levite had received of the First-tithe. It is alluded to in the Hebrew Bible under the words, "a tithe (tenth) of the tithe" (Numbers 18:26). It, too, was considered Terumah, and was eaten by priests in a state of ritual cleanness. Today, the Terumat maaser is discarded because of general uncleanness, just as the Terumah is now discarded.

Demai

Demai (Mishnaic Hebrew: דמאי) is a Halakhic term meaning "dubious," referring to agricultural produce, the owner of which was not trusted with regard to the correct separation of the tithes assigned to the Levites, although the terumah (the part designated unto priests) was believed to have been separated from such fruits. In such "dubious" cases, all that was necessary was to separate the one-tenth portion due to the priests from the First Tithe given to the Levites, being the 1/100th part of the whole. The Second Tithe is also removed (redeemed) from the fruit in such cases of doubt.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 6:01am On Feb 17, 2018
Places that require tithing
The criterion for determining what places require the tithing of produce is any place within the country that was held by the Returnees from the Babylonian exile, as defined in the "Baraita of the Boundaries" of the Land of Israel;although today the land might be held by a different entity, or else worked by non-Jews, produce grown in those places would still require the separation of tithes when they come into the hand of an Israelite or Jew.

Tithes are broken-off during the Sabbatical year (such as when the ground lies fallow), during which year, all fruits, grains and vegetables that are grown of themselves in that year are considered free and ownerless property. For example, whatever lands were held by those returning from the Babylonian exile at the time of Ezra are forbidden to be ploughed and sown by any Jew during the Seventh year, and even if gentiles were to plough such land and sow it, the produce would be forbidden unto Jews to eat. On the other hand, the extension of such lands held by the people of Israel who departed Egypt and who entered the Land of Canaan under their leader, Joshua, are forbidden to be ploughed by any Jew during the Seventh year, but if gentiles had ploughed such land and sown it, the produce is permitted to be eaten by a Jew. If on a regular week-year, fruits and grains and vegetables, if grown by an Israelite in these places, would require tithing.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Raymondfayowole(m): 7:52am On Feb 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

So are you trying to tell me that the new testament actually started from Acts 15, if that be the case, are you trying to tell me that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid to us Christians since they were commanded and charged before Acts 15 (which is your so called beginning of the Christianity or new testament)? are you also trying to tell me that the books of Matthew to Acts 14 and everything written in them are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey and do what is written in them since they were instituted before Acts 15? are you also insinuating that Christians shouldn't listen and obey the doctrines of JESUS since they were charged before Acts 15 rather they should obey the laws of the apostles? are you also trying to say that the opinion and doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and is of no importance since it was instituted before Acts 15? are you also trying to tell me that the doctrines and opinions of the apostles matters more than that of JESUS?

Thats your own ideology not mine.. The book of mattew is the begining of the New Testament but christainity and the church came into full force in Acts chapter 2
In mattew 23:23
Jesus could not teach against the law because those law were also the commandments of God and teaching against that would be disrespectful..when christ died and resurrected read
Matthew 28:18-19
[18]And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
[19]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Stop being ignorant and open your mind, nobody will force you to belive what you dont want to belive that doesn't mean writing thousands of words will make your point right... i asked if theres was a difference between 1 and 2 in my post earlier u choose to ignore that... the bible referred the Old Testament as a shadow of good things to come so if u decide to go after the shadow and leave the real image thats your choice...
Read col 2:14-17

preciousuweh:

Which laws and doctrines were the apostles preaching, is it that of moses or that of JESUS? of course that of JESUS.

Where was the doctrines of JESUS given in? of course in the books of Matthew to john and all HIS (JESUS) laws were given before HE instituted grace by dying on the cross.

Whose doctrines should Christians obey, is it that of the apostles or that of JESUS? of course that of JESUS.

So why are trying to say that Christians should only obey what is written in Acts 15 only because according to you, that's where the new testament or Christianity starts from which automatically means that all the laws and teachings of JESUS in Matthew to John are invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because they were actually instituted before Acts 15 which also means that all of JESUS doctrines and teachings are dumb, gibberish and that JESUS CHRIST himself was just wasting HIS time teaching HIS doctrines since they were done before Acts 15.

Bro, let me tell you, Christianity didn't start form Acts 15, rather it started from the cross which was when JESUS instituted grace, salvation and redemption.

Nobody is arguing with you whos the head of the church, we all know Christ is the head of the church. Paul said "be followers of me as i am of who (Christ)."

Most of the teachings we use today in the church, paul wrote a considerable number of them.

preciousuweh:

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION (WELL TECHNICALLY, IT IS) NEITHER IS IT A MOVEMENT NEITHER IS IT ALSO A CHURCH OR A PEOPLE RATHER CHRISTIANITY IS GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION WHICH JESUS GRANTED TO HUMANITY.
SO CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT A RELIGION, MOVEMENT, PEOPLE OR CHURCH RATHER IT IS ABOUT GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION
And when did JESUS institute GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION? on the cross. Did HE do it in Acts 15? of course not, rather HE did it before Acts 15. The commandment to even preach the gospel which is the gospel of Grace, Salvation and Redemption, was even commanded before Acts 15. If there was no establishment of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION which is CHRISTIANITY on the cross by JESUS there wouldn't have been any Acts 15.
So where did Christianity actually start from, is it on the cross or in Acts 15? of course on the cross, and who established it? of course JESUS, the apostles didn't establish it.

You said i should show where in the new testament that says Christians should Tithe.
Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, where is it, is it in the old testament or in the new testament?

Wait, let me guess, in the Bible you are trying to write or translate, maybe, the books of Matthew to Acts 14 are in the old testament while the new testament starts from Acts 15.

BRO, I'M THRILLED, KEEP IT UP. YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL LIKE TO READ THAT YOUR BIBLE.

i cant stop laughing at all your statements, am sure you know the disciples were first called Christians in Acts
Acts 11:26
[26]And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

i dont see where in matt 23:23 christains were asked to pay tithe... uve not shown me anything.

When u say chrritainity is all about GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION to humanity, then how do we define humanity without human being or people?

you are trying to sound funny but actually you are not u are only trying.. like i said mattew is the beginning of new testament where the gospel was preached all around but christainity started in acts 2...there's no shame if you continue to study

preciousuweh:

JESUS mentioned, preached, commanded, acknowledged and admonished TITHING in Matthew 23:23 and in Luke 11:42 which are in the new testament.
And I ask again, are you insinuating that Christians shouldn't obey and do the doctrines of JESUS himself which HE preached and taught from Matthew to John because they were commanded before Acts rather they should listen and obey the doctrines of the apostles? Are you also trying to insinuate that the doctrines of JESUS is of no importance but rather that of the apostles?

Acts doesn't have any record of Tithe but it has the record of giving to the church which tithing is a part of. Acts 4:34-35 but in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 which is in the new testament and is a doctrine and teaching of JESUS CHRIST, TITHING was mentioned, and it was not only mentioned rather it was supported, admonished, promoted and preached in favour of by JESUS himself who is the founder, instituter and establisher of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION, which is what Christianity is all about.

Whether you like it or not, no matter how you try to twist, tweak and dilute the scripture, certain things are sure, which are;

1.) The doctrines of JESUS is greater and of more importance than that of the apostles. JESUS is the head of the Church while the apostles and every other Christians are subject to HIM.
So now tell me whose doctrines should be obeyed, is it the doctrine of the head of the church HIMSELF or that of those under HIM.

2.) So far JESUS himself supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42. That law itself becomes valid for all Christians to obey whether the apostles in your so called Acts 15 mentioned it or not.
What JESUS himself has said and proclaim is what stands. And no one's opinion or doctrine matters or can overthrow it, not even that of you or the apostles in your so called Acts 15. JESUS is the head and still remains the head of the church, not only that, HE is also the author and finisher of our Faith, that same faith which was instituted on the cross of calvary, which is the same faith the apostles were upholding and preaching.

So whatever law JESUS supported and established, is established and whatever law HE kicks against or annuls, is annulled.
Whatever JESUS himself says is what stands and nothing can change that, not even the apostles or you or anyone or the
DEVIL himself

VERY SOON, YOU WILL COME AND TELL ME THAT FORNICATION IS NOT A SIN BECAUSE IT WAS COMMANDED BEFORE REVELATION 22. I'M WAITING FOR THAT DAY SHA.

I have shown you were JESUS himself supported Tithing in the new testament. Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.
Even the apostle Paul mentioned Tithing and he was even in support of it. Hebrew 7.

Now, can you show me in the new testament where it is written that JESUS himself said Tithing is wrong and that Christians shouldn't Tithe.
And also can you show me where it is written in the new testament including that Acts 15 of yours, that the Apostles said Tithing is wrong and that Christians shouldn't practice it.
If you can't give it, then remain quiet.

JESUS himself was a Judaist, HE was born into a Judaist family and nation, HE was raised with Judaist customs, laws and values. HE took part in Judaist festivals both religious and non religious, HE attended the synagogue and temple, HE studied the Torah which is the old testament law, HE even quoted them in HIS teachings. Most of HIS ministries where done within the border of Israel except in few cases where HE went out of the border of Israel into other countries.
All of JESUS teachings, doctrines and commandments were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism except the below commandments that were given after HIS death, which are;

1.) The great commission: where HE charged HIS disciples and the Christians to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.
2.) Where HE charged peter and HIS disciples (pastors) to feed HIS sheep (the Christians). John 21:15-17.
3.) Where HE charged HIS Disciples to wait at Jerusalem until they be endued with power from on high (The HOLY SPIRIT). Luke 24:49

Aside from the above three commandment, all other commandments, teachings and doctrines of JESUS were given before HIS death and during the time of Judaism.

So, if were are to go with the logic that tithing is invalid and wrong because it was commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism and before the death of JESUS CHRIST, that means logically, all of JESUS laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments are all invalid, wrong and not for the Christians because they were all commanded to the Jews, during the time of Judaism, and before HIS death.

Of course not, because those laws were the laws of grace (which includes tithing) that HE instituted before HE established Grace by HIS death.
Let's assume all the laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments of JESUS (which were the laws of grace) were commanded to the Jews, HE later commanded HIS disciples and the Christians in general to preach the message of salvation (which includes grace and its laws) to all the world. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.

JESUS himself did not collect Tithe from anybody, but HE mentioned it, supported it, Talked in favour of it and Charged it which means that, that old testament law has been extended to the Christians and that same law is now valid for Christians to obey.

And what JESUS CHRIST has supported, established and said is what stands whether you like it or not. And no one, not even the apostles or Acts 15 or the THE DEVIL can change that.

i will still bring the same bible passage back to you read matt 5:17-18 very well....
Matthew 5
[18]For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

The latter part of verse 18 says "TILL ALL IS FULFILLED"
MY BRO, d bible didn't say till some part is fulfilled or tithe will be the only law to pass away. Everything concerning the law was to be fulfilled even to d smallest of writngs... please read and understand.

I see you are still finding it hard to separate tithe from giving(collection of saints). Bro just open your mind and continue to study... tithe is different from the giving christ asked us to practise..

Christ never supported tithe in heb 7.. please read from the beginning of that chapter to the end.. it was explaining the significance of Melchizedek and change in priesthood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by jamescross: 10:04am On Feb 17, 2018
preciousuweh if you must tithe it's not my problem but do it according to the law. and by the way Jesus did not endorse tithing

3 Likes

Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by paxonel(m): 10:22am On Feb 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

So why are trying to say that Christians should only obey what is written in Acts 15 only because according to you, that's where the new testament or christianity starts from which automatically means that all the laws and teachings of JESUS in Matthew to John are invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because they were actually instituted before Acts 15 which also means that all of JESUS doctrines and teachings are dumb, gibberish and that JESUS CHRIST himself was just wasting HIS time teaching HIS doctrines since they were done before Acts 15.

And when did JESUS institute GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION? on the cross. Did HE do it in Acts 15? of course not, rather HE did it before Acts 15. The commandment to even preach the gospel which is the gospel of Grace, Salvation and Redemption, was even commanded before Acts 15. If there was no establishment of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION which is CHRISTIANITY on the cross by JESUS there wouldn't have been any Acts 15. So where did Christianity actually start from, is it on the cross or in Acts 15? of course on the cross, and who established it? of JESUS, the apostles didn't establish it.

Bia, Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, where is it, is it in the old testament or in the new testament?

Acts doesn't have any record of Tithe but it has the record of giving to the church which tithing is a part of. Acts 4:34-35 but Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 which is in the new testament and is a doctrine and teaching of JESUS CHRIST, TITHING was mentioned, and it was not only mentioned rather it was supported, admonished, promoted and preached in favour of by JESUS himself who is the founder, instituter and establisher of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION, which is what Christianity is all about.

Whatever JESUS himself says is what stands and nothing can change that, not even the apostles or you or anyone or the DEVIL himself

Even the apostle paul mentioned Tithing and he was even in support of it. Hebrew 7.

If you can't give it, then Forever remain quiet.

This is the dumbest of all dumbest counter points I have, is and will ever come across in my not up to 30 years on Earth (NO OFFENCE)

So, That Line Of Argument Is Just Plain Invalid And Meaningless.
This is the problem about religion.
So many unresolved problems

It's like you are very good at writing so many things that are not necessary, perhaps you have so many unresolved problems in reading your bible, can't you just go straight to the points?grin
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by paxonel(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

So are you trying to tell me that the new testament actually started from Acts 15,
I did not say so!
Quote me right, i did not say new testament, I say christianity started from act 1:15 where the disciples first gathered with just 120 people only, after Jesus must have resurrected and ascended or are you disputing that?

if that be the case, are you trying to tell me that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid to us Christians since they were commanded and charged before Acts 15 (which is your so called beginning of the Christianity or new testament)? are you also trying to tell me that the books of Matthew to Acts 14 and everything written in them are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey and do what is written in them since they were instituted before Acts 15? are you also insinuating that Christians shouldn't listen and obey the doctrines of JESUS since they were charged before Acts 15 rather they should obey the laws of the apostles? are you also trying to say that the opinion and doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and is of no importance since it was instituted before Acts 15? are you also trying to tell me that the doctrines and opinions of the apostles matters more than that of JESUS?
Is it not tithing we have been talking about all the while? Why are you now bringing other doctrines and teachings into our discussion, what's the correlation?
You don't have to generalise. All i was telling you is, Jesus was reminding the Pharisees of their law of tithing in Matthew 23:23, he was not even talking to his disciples whom some of them later became the first christians ever in act 1:15. you have to think to understand grin

Where was the doctrines of JESUS given in? of course in the books of Matthew to john and all HIS (JESUS) laws were given
Which of the doctrines have we been talking about?
Specify please.
Love is one doctrine thought by Christ, giving is another doctrine not tithing, Jesus only mentioned tithing because he wanted to remind the Jews of their laws, that you cannot tithe and ignore obeying other laws, you must do all of them so long you are Israelite(non Israelites are excluded from this).
And There was no christianity at that time until Christ died and resurrected,so he was not possibly talking to christians.
we are christians today, not by laws or any law but by faith. I don't think this is difficult to understand.

So why are trying to say that Christians should only obey what is written in Acts 15 only because according to you, that's where the new testament or christianity starts from which automatically means that all the laws and teachings of JESUS in Matthew to John are invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because they were actually instituted before Acts 15.....
See your logic grin grin grin grin
act 1: 15 not act 15.

Thank God you know this, so why are you as a christian, upholding Jewish laws emphasized to the Jews(not to christians) by Jesus in Matthew mark Luke and John? It does not make sense now.

[b]CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION (WELL TECHNICALLY, IT IS)
Choose one, is it religion or not religion? You have to be definite

...NEITHER IS IT ALSO A CHURCH OR A PEOPLE
when Jesus said i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it what did he meant,Did he not mean that he was going to die and resurrect which will mark his church or christianity on earth, the earlier we accept that the same church he built at his death and resurrection is the same religion called christianity today the better for us

RATHER CHRISTIANITY IS GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION WHICH JESUS GRANTED TO HUMANITY.
You are very correct here, and this grace, salvation and redemption was done through establishing a faith or religion known as christianity, because without faith or religion it is impossible to please God.

SO CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT A RELIGION,
if you you are saying that christians were not meant to practice the christian religion like religious people or being religious you are very correct. But that does not annul the fact that christianity remains a religion if you like jump let your head touch the clouds you can't change that fact.

Atleast you tried, it shows you have been reading your bible grin

Even the apostle paul mentioned Tithing and he was even in support of it. Hebrew 7
This is wrong o
Pauls message in Hebrews 7 was not to tell you christians to tithe, if you want to know the summary of all Paul was saying, read it up to chapter 8: 1. Everything from chapter 6 to chapter 7 extends or continues to chapter 8:1

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum( this is the summary) We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

He was simply saying we have a high priest in Christ just like Melchizedek was a high priest by collecting tithe from Abraham in those says.
Now, that does not necessarily mean that Jesus is collecting tithe from us or has Jesus collected tithe from you before?

Africans are so dumb grin grin grin
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 19, 2018
Raymondfayowole:

Thats your own ideology not mine.. The book of mattew is the begining of the New Testament but christainity and the church came into full force in Acts chapter 2
In mattew 23:23
Jesus could not teach against the law because those law were also the commandments of God and teaching against that would be disrespectful..when christ died and resurrected read
Matthew 28:18-19
[18]And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
[19]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Stop being ignorant and open your mind, nobody will force you to belive what you dont want to belive that doesn't mean writing thousands of words will make your point right... i asked if theres was a difference between 1 and 2 in my post earlier u choose to ignore that... the bible referred the Old Testament as a shadow of good things to come so if u decide to go after the shadow and leave the real image thats your choice...
Read col 2:14-17

Nobody is arguing with you whos the head of the church, we all know Christ is the head of the church. Paul said "be followers of me as i am of who (Christ)."

Most of the teachings we use today in the church, paul wrote a considerable number of them.

i cant stop laughing at all your statements, am sure you know the disciples were first called Christians in Acts
Acts 11:26
[26]And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

i dont see where in matt 23:23 christains were asked to pay tithe... uve not shown me anything.

When u say chrritainity is all about GRACE, SALVATION AND REDEMPTION to humanity, then how do we define humanity without human being or people?

you are trying to sound funny but actually you are not u are only trying.. like i said mattew is the beginning of new testament where the gospel was preached all around but christainity started in acts 2...there's no shame if you continue to study

i will still bring the same bible passage back to you read matt 5:17-18 very well....
Matthew 5
[18]For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

The latter part of verse 18 says "TILL ALL IS FULFILLED"
MY BRO, d bible didn't say till some part is fulfilled or tithe will be the only law to pass away. Everything concerning the law was to be fulfilled even to d smallest of writngs... please read and understand.

I see you are still finding it hard to separate tithe from giving(collection of saints). Bro just open your mind and continue to study... tithe is different from the giving christ asked us to practise..

Christ never supported tithe in heb 7.. please read from the beginning of that chapter to the end.. it was explaining the significance of Melchizedek and change in priesthood.

I'm shocked (and it will be a lie if I tell you that I'm not) that just because you want to defend and justify your decision of not Tithing (which is understandable), you had to stoop so low to say that all of JESUS doctrines are invalid and that Christians Shouldn't obey them rather they should listen to that of the apostles in Acts 15.
By that, you are insinuating that JESUS doctrines and teachings are less important and isn't relevant compared to that of the apostles. Which means the apostles are now greater than JESUS and that JESUS words and doctrines means nothing.
You are also trying to say that JESUS was just speaking gibberish and that all what HE said in Matthew to John were rubbish and invalid and that HE was just saying them without thinking or HE was just saying them because HE just felt like saying something.

You said that JESUS teaching and doctrine about Tithe isn't for the Christians because HE commanded and charged them to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption), if that be the case, that means all of JESUS doctrines and teachings are wrong because they commanded and charged to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption).

You've also forgotten that JESUS himself was a Judaist, HE was born into a Judaist family and nation, HE was raised with Judaist customs, laws and values. HE took part in Judaist festivals both religious and non religious, HE attended the synagogue and temple, HE studied the Torah which is the old testament law, HE even quoted them in HIS teachings. Most of HIS ministries where done within the border of Israel except in few cases where HE went out of the border of Israel into other countries.
HE even said that "He is sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". Matthew 15:24.

Of course not, because those laws and doctrines of JESUS were the laws and doctrines of grace (which includes tithing) that HE instituted before HE established Grace by HIS death.

Let's assume all the laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments of JESUS (which were the laws of grace) were commanded to the Jews, HE later commanded HIS disciples and the Christians in general to preach the GOSPEL, which is the message of SALVATION, GRACE and REDEMPTION (which includes the HIS laws and doctrines of GRACE which HE established, instituted and established before HIS death) to all the world. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.

You also said that JESUS didn't annul Tithe in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 because HE didn't want to interfere with the Jewish laws , customs and traditions. Which is a big lie because they are so many instances and scenarios where JESUS interfered and annulled certain Jewish Customs, Laws and Traditions which Tithing isn't a part of. Some of those laws includes;

1.) The law of stoning anyone caught in the act of adultery to death. John 8:1-11.
2.) The law concerning divorce. Matthew 19:3-9.
3.) The law of Reciprocation (an eye for an eye). Matthew 5:38-48.
4.) The law of the Sabbath. Mark 2:23-28.
5.) The law of Jerusalem being the only right place to worship. John 4:20-24.

The above were just some of the Jewish laws, customs and traditions that JESUS CHRIST himself annulled. There are more. You can read and study the Bible more to find out.

But did HE mention Tithe? Yes.
Was HE in support of it? Yes.
Did HE annul Tithe? No
What does that mean? It means that TITHING, an old testament law which has now been extended to the Christians and is valid for the Christians to obey because the establisher of grace HIMSELF preached it, supported it, commanded it and charged it in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42.

You talked about JESUS teachings on Love.
And I ask, that teaching on Love, which people did HE preach and charged it to? The Jews.
Which Land did HE preach it in? In the land of Israel, a Judaist nation.
When did HE preach it? during the time of Judaism.
Did HE preach it before or after HIS death? before HIS death.

So that means if Tithing is invalid because JESUS preached it, mentioned it and charged to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption) then that means JESUS doctrines of LOVE is invalid and wrong and is not for the Christians because HE mentioned it, preached it and charged it to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption) or you are going to omit that because it isn't Tithing (is that not selective hypocrisy).
That's also means that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them became HE mentioned them, preached them and charged them to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption).

I'm still shock that as a Christian that you claim you are, just because you want to defend your action and reason for being an Anti Tither, you had say that the laws and doctrines of JESUS are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should listen and obey that of the apostles in Acts 15. Which automatically means that the doctrines of the apostles is more superior and of more importance than that of JESUS. BLASPHEMY.

And I ask, between the doctrine of JESUS and that of the Apostles, which should Christians obey? That of JESUS.

If JESUS says A and the apostles says B, who Should Christians obey and listen to? JESUS.

If JESUS supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 and the apostles didn't mention it (although, the apostle Paul mentioned Tithing in Hebrew 7 and his was actually in support of it), which should Christians obey? of course, that of JESUS.

Between JESUS and the apostles, who has the greater authority and power? of course JESUS.

Even GOD acknowledged and commanded the authority of JESUS when on the Moun of transfiguration in Luke 7:35 (NIV) HE said;

"A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen. listen to him"

Which means that GOD himself transfered the Godship authority and power to JESUS and HE also confirmed it. Note HE didn't say Listen to the apostles rather HE said listen to JESUS.
JESUS himself said in Matthew 28:18 (KJV);

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

which means that all authority and power are in the hands of JESUS himself, which means what HE says, stands. What HE establishes, is established. What HE supports, is supported. What HE annuls, is annulled. And no man, force or spirit can change it.
If JESUS supported Tithing, Tithing it is.

I am sad, that for you that claims to be a Christian, just because, you want to defend your action of Anti Tithing (which is understandable), you had to say that JESUS doctrines and laws are invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should Listen to that of the Apostles. BLASPHEMY.

By saying that you have not only Blasphemed the name and authority of JESUS CHRIST but you have Blasphemed and Challenged GOD who had transfered and passed over the Godship authority and power to JESUS CHRIST and also commanded everyone one to Listen to JESUS thus saying that GOD himself is stupid for doing such things and that GOD'S proclamation over JESUS is invalid and wrong. Furthermore by saying that the doctrines of JESUS is invalid, you are also saying that the HOLY SPIRIT, which is the Spirit of GOD himself, which was on JESUS (Luke 4:18-19) is a false, wrong and invalid spirit since HE prompted JESUS to speak and preach doctrines that weren't valid or important. BLASPHEMY.

Matthew 11:31-32 (KJV) says;

" Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Please bro, do not because of you defending you actions of not Tithing say something that will lead you to Eternal damnation.

Please do not let the spirit of the Anti Christ (the spirit that opposes CHRIST in all ramification and dimension) speak through you or use you by saying that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should obey the doctrines of the apostles thus challenging the authority of JESUS himself.

I'm typing this message with a heavy heart not because you've sealed your heart against tithing or because you've chosen not to tithe (which no man will attack or kill you for) but because you could stoop so low to utter that JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should obey the doctrines of the apostles.
So much for being a Christian. Where is Christianity heading to.
Bad, terrible, this is pathetic.
The anti Christ has truly released his spirit into the church.

My advice for you is that you pray for GOD to deliver you from such influence and Spirit before it leads you to Eternal damnation.

GOOD DAY.

#XAVIER.
#I'M_A_GOD.
#ALWAYS_A_PRINCIPALITY.
#TITHING_IS_RIGHT.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 19, 2018
paxonel:

I did not say so!
Quote me right, i did not say new testament, I say christianity started from act 1:15 where the disciples first gathered with just 120 people only, after Jesus must have resurrected and ascended or are you disputing that?

Is it not tithing we have been talking about all the while? Why are you now bringing other doctrines and teachings into our discussion, what's the correlation?
You don't have to generalise. All i was telling you is, Jesus was reminding the Pharisees of their law of tithing in Matthew 23:23, he was not even talking to his disciples whom some of them later became the first christians ever in act 1:15. you have to think to understand grin

Which of the doctrines have we been talking about?
Specify please.
Love is one doctrine thought by Christ, giving is another doctrine not tithing, Jesus only mentioned tithing because he wanted to remind the Jews of their laws, that you cannot tithe and ignore obeying other laws, you must do all of them so long you are Israelite(non Israelites are excluded from this).
And There was no christianity at that time until Christ died and resurrected,so he was not possibly talking to christians.
we are christians today, not by laws or any law but by faith. I don't think this is difficult to understand.

See your logic grin grin grin grin
act 1: 15 not act 15.

Thank God you know this, so why are you as a christian, upholding Jewish laws emphasized to the Jews(not to christians) by Jesus in Matthew mark Luke and John? It does not make sense now.

Choose one, is it religion or not religion? You have to be definite

when Jesus said i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it what did he meant,Did he not mean that he was going to die and resurrect which will mark his church or christianity on earth, the earlier we accept that the same church he built at his death and resurrection is the same religion called christianity today the better for us

You are very correct here, and this grace, salvation and redemption was done through establishing a faith or religion known as christianity, because without faith or religion it is impossible to please God.
if you you are saying that christians were not meant to practice the christian religion like religious people or being religious you are very correct. But that does not annul the fact that christianity remains a religion if you like jump let your head touch the clouds you can't change that fact.

Atleast you tried, it shows you have been reading your bible grin

This is wrong o
Pauls message in Hebrews 7 was not to tell you christians to tithe, if you want to know the summary of all Paul was saying, read it up to chapter 8: 1. Everything from chapter 6 to chapter 7 extends or continues to chapter 8:1

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum( this is the summary) We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

He was simply saying we have a high priest in Christ just like Melchizedek was a high priest by collecting tithe from Abraham in those says.
Now, that does not necessarily mean that Jesus is collecting tithe from us or has Jesus collected tithe from you before?

Africans are so dumb grin grin grin

I'm shocked (and it will be a lie if I tell you that I'm not) that just because you want to defend and justify your decision of not Tithing (which is understandable), you had to stoop so low to say that all of JESUS doctrines are invalid and that Christians Shouldn't obey them rather they should listen to that of the apostles in Acts 15.
By that, you are insinuating that JESUS doctrines and teachings are less important and isn't relevant compared to that of the apostles. Which means the apostles are now greater than JESUS and that JESUS words and doctrines means nothing.
You are also trying to say that JESUS was just speaking gibberish and that all what HE said in Matthew to John were rubbish and invalid and that HE was just saying them without thinking or HE was just saying them because HE just felt like saying something.

You said that JESUS teaching and doctrine about Tithe isn't for the Christians because HE commanded and charged them to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption), if that be the case, that means all of JESUS doctrines and teachings are wrong because they commanded and charged to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption).

You've also forgotten that JESUS himself was a Judaist, HE was born into a Judaist family and nation, HE was raised with Judaist customs, laws and values. HE took part in Judaist festivals both religious and non religious, HE attended the synagogue and temple, HE studied the Torah which is the old testament law, HE even quoted them in HIS teachings. Most of HIS ministries where done within the border of Israel except in few cases where HE went out of the border of Israel into other countries.
HE even said that "He is sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". Matthew 15:24.

Of course not, because those laws and doctrines of JESUS were the laws and doctrines of grace (which includes tithing) that HE instituted before HE established Grace by HIS death.

Let's assume all the laws, doctrines, teachings and commandments of JESUS (which were the laws of grace) were commanded to the Jews, HE later commanded HIS disciples and the Christians in general to preach the GOSPEL, which is the message of SALVATION, GRACE and REDEMPTION (which includes the HIS laws and doctrines of GRACE which HE established, instituted and established before HIS death) to all the world. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15.

You also said that JESUS didn't annul Tithe in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 because HE didn't want to interfere with the Jewish laws , customs and traditions. Which is a big lie because they are so many instances and scenarios where JESUS interfered and annulled certain Jewish Customs, Laws and Traditions which Tithing isn't a part of. Some of those laws includes;

1.) The law of stoning anyone caught in the act of adultery to death. John 8:1-11.

The above were just some of the Jewish laws, customs and traditions that JESUS CHRIST himself annulled. There are more. You can read and study the Bible more to find out.

But did HE mention Tithe? Yes.
Was HE in support of it? Yes.
Did HE annul Tithe? No
What does that mean? It means that TITHING, an old testament law which has now been extended to the Christians and is valid for the Christians to obey because the establisher of grace HIMSELF preached it, supported it, commanded it and charged it in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42.

You talked about JESUS teachings on Love.
And I ask, that teaching on Love, which people did HE preach and charged it to? The Jews.
Which Land did HE preach it in? In the land of Israel, a Judaist nation.
When did HE preach it? during the time of Judaism.
Did HE preach it before or after HIS death? before HIS death.

So that means if Tithing is invalid because JESUS preached it, mentioned it and charged to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption) then that means JESUS doctrines of LOVE is invalid and wrong and is not for the Christians because HE mentioned it, preached it and charged it to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption) or you are going to omit that because it isn't Tithing (is that not selective hypocrisy).
That's also means that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them became HE mentioned them, preached them and charged them to the Jews, in a Jewish nation, in the time of Judaism and before HIS death on the cross (which is when HE instituted Salvation, Grace and Redemption).

I'm still shock that as a Christian that you claim you are, just because you want to defend your action and reason for being an Anti Tither, you had say that the laws and doctrines of JESUS are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should listen and obey that of the apostles in Acts 15. Which automatically means that the doctrines of the apostles is more superior and of more importance than that of JESUS. BLASPHEMY.

And I ask, between the doctrine of JESUS and that of the Apostles, which should Christians obey? That of JESUS.

If JESUS says A and the apostles says B, who Should Christians obey and listen to? JESUS.

If JESUS supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42 and the apostles didn't mention it (although, the apostle Paul mentioned Tithing in Hebrew 7 and his was actually in support of it), which should Christians obey? of course, that of JESUS.

Between JESUS and the apostles, who has the greater authority and power? of course JESUS.

Even GOD acknowledged and commanded the authority of JESUS when on the Moun of transfiguration in Luke 7:35 (NIV) HE said;

"A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen. listen to him"

Which means that GOD himself transfered the Godship authority and power to JESUS and HE also confirmed it. Note HE didn't say Listen to the apostles rather HE said listen to JESUS.
JESUS himself said in Matthew 28:18 (KJV);

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

which means that all authority and power are in the hands of JESUS himself, which means what HE says, stands. What HE establishes, is established. What HE supports, is supported. What HE annuls, is annulled. And no man, force or spirit can change it.
If JESUS supported Tithing, Tithing it is.

I am sad, that for you that claims to be a Christian, just because, you want to defend your action of Anti Tithing (which is understandable), you had to say that JESUS doctrines and laws are invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should Listen to that of the Apostles. BLASPHEMY.

By saying that you have not only Blasphemed the name and authority of JESUS CHRIST but you have Blasphemed and Challenged GOD who had transfered and passed over the Godship authority and power to JESUS CHRIST and also commanded everyone one to Listen to JESUS thus saying that GOD himself is stupid for doing such things and that GOD'S proclamation over JESUS is invalid and wrong. Furthermore by saying that the doctrines of JESUS is invalid, you are also saying that the HOLY SPIRIT, which is the Spirit of GOD himself, which was on JESUS (Luke 4:18-19) is a false, wrong and invalid spirit since HE prompted JESUS to speak and preach doctrines that weren't valid or important. BLASPHEMY.

Matthew 11:31-32 (KJV) says;

" Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Please bro, do not because of you defending you actions of not Tithing say something that will lead you to Eternal damnation.

Please do not let the spirit of the Anti Christ (the spirit that opposes CHRIST in all ramification and dimension) speak through you or use you by saying that all of JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should obey the doctrines of the apostles thus challenging the authority of JESUS himself.

I'm typing this message with a heavy heart not because you've sealed your heart against tithing or because you've chosen not to tithe (which no man will attack or kill you for) but because you could stoop so low to utter that JESUS doctrines are wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them rather they should obey the doctrines of the apostles.
So much for being a Christian. Where is Christianity heading to.
Bad, terrible, this is pathetic.
The anti Christ has truly released his spirit into the church.

My advice for you is that you pray for GOD to deliver you from such influence and Spirit before it leads you to Eternal damnation.

PEACE.

#XAVIER.
#I'M_A_GOD.
#ALWAYS_A_PRINCIPALITY.
#TITHING_IS_RIGHT.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 19, 2018
OkCornel:
If you insist on tithing... let me refresh your memory on how the Jews tithed after God gave them the Law through Moses;

Tithes in Judaism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tithing in the Temple
The tithe is specifically mentioned in the Books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The tithe system was organized in a seven-year cycle, the seventh-year corresponding to the Shemittah-cycle in which year tithes were broken-off, and in every third and sixth-year of this cycle the Second tithe replaced with the Poor man's tithe. These tithes were in reality more like taxes for the people of Israel and were mandatory, not optional giving. This tithe was distributed locally "within thy gates" (Deuteronomy 14:28) to support the Levites and assist the poor. Every year, Bikkurim, Terumah, Ma'aser Rishon and Terumat Ma'aser were separated from the grain, wine and oil (Deuteronomy 14:22). Initially, the commandment to separate tithes from one's produce only applied when the entire nation of Israel had settled in the Land of Israel. The Returnees from the Babylonian exile who had resettled the country were a Jewish minority, and who, although they were not obligated to tithe their produce, put themselves under a voluntary bind to do so, and which practice became obligatory upon all.

Did JESUS himself mention Tithing? Yes.

Where? Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42

Was HE in support of it or against it? Of course, HE was in support of it.

What does that mean? It means that an old testament law which was commanded to the Jews has been extended to the Christians and that law is now a new testament law because that law was supported, preached, admonished and charged by the establisher of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION HIMSELF, which is JESUS.

Between JESUS and Wikipedia, who should Christians Listen to? Of course, JESUS.

Assuming JESUS himself didn't mention and supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, I wouldn't even have bothered myself saying all this or even defending it But guess what JESUS mentioned, supported, charged and admonished Tithing. So what are we talking about here.

Except you are trying to tell me that the doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and that it is invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because JESUS was talking gibberish.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkaiCorne(m): 1:08am On Feb 19, 2018
preciousuweh:

Did JESUS himself mention Tithing? Yes.

Where? Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42

Was HE in support of it or against it? Of course, HE was in support of it.

What does that mean? It means that an old testament law which was commanded to the Jews has been extended to the Christians and that law is now a new testament law because that law was supported, preached, admonished and charged by the establisher of GRACE, SALVATION and REDEMPTION HIMSELF, which is JESUS.

Between JESUS and Wikipedia, who should Christians Listen to? Of course, JESUS.

Assuming JESUS himself didn't mention and supported Tithing in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, I wouldn't even have bothered myself saying all this or even defending it But guess what JESUS mentioned, supported, charged and admonished Tithing. So what are we talking about here.

Except you are trying to tell me that the doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and that it is invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because JESUS was talking gibberish.

When Jesus healed certain people, He ordered them to be cleansed in line with the Mosaic Laws by presenting themselves to the Priest to be examined. If Jesus heals you...do you also do the same thing? After all, He never preached against it..

In addition, Jesus never preached against animal sacrifice...and if you go by Matthew 23 v 23 where even animal sacrifice was fully active in the temple, please tell me why you aren't doing it...after all Jesus Himself never preached against it...

I am still looking for where Jesus collected tithes from His followers...after all He's the Son of God...

Can you also show us where God instructed Tithes to be paid with money? As opposed to crops and livestock?
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 19, 2018
jamescross:
preciousuweh if you must tithe it's not my problem but do it according to the law. and by the way Jesus did not endorse tithing

REALLY!!!!!!! @bolded

What was JESUS saying in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42?
Let me guess HE was teaching people how to cook Okro Soup bah.

Let me post Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, so that you can see and read it yourself.

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) says;

" Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

For a more clearer understanding, let's look at the above passage in the NLT version.

Matthew 23:23 (NLT) says;

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Also Luke 11:42 (KJV) says;

[i]"But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

And it NLT version says;

"What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."
Luke 11:42 (NLT).

So are you trying to tell me that JESUS was just blabbing GIBBERISH in the above passages.
The above scriptural passages are self explanatory. JESUS mentioned, supported, admonished and charged Tithing in the above passages.

Except you are trying to tell me that the doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and that it is invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because JESUS was talking Gibberish.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 19, 2018
OkaiCorne:

When Jesus healed certain people, He ordered them to be cleansed in line with the Mosaic Laws by presenting themselves to the Priest to be examined. If Jesus heals you...do you also do the same thing? After all, He never preached against it..

In addition, Jesus never preached against animal sacrifice...and if you go by Matthew 23 v 23 where even animal sacrifice was fully active in the temple, please tell me why you aren't doing it...after all Jesus Himself never preached against it...

I am still looking for where Jesus collected tithes from His followers...after all He's the Son of God...

Can you also show us where God instructed Tithes to be paid with money? As opposed to crops and livestock?

Read CASE 5 of this article in page 0. The answers to the question you just asked are there.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 1:33am On Feb 19, 2018
preciousuweh:

Read CASE 5 of this article in page 0. The answers to the question you just asked are there.

Please never you add to God's word. Where did you see in the Bible that the early Christians paid tithe...? Where was it spoken of? The gentile church or the Hebrew church? is there anywhere they paid tithes? please show me...because the last time I checked...they shared all they had in common and not 10% of whatever...

I also pasted an article on how tithes were paid...and even the glorious era of Solomon never changed the basis of how tithes should be paid. It was strictly on agricultural items. If that was the basis, please show me where in the Bible God changed the basis of tithing from agro products to gold and silver.

If we all believe Jesus has fulfilled the burdens of the Law and gave us a new Covenant...please of what relevance is tithing again (which was never done monetarily by the way)?
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 1:52am On Feb 19, 2018
preciousuweh:

REALLY!!!!!!! @bolded

What was JESUS saying in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42?
Let me guess HE was teaching people how to cook Okro Soup bah.

Let me post Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, so that you can see and read it yourself.

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) says;

" Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

For a more clearer understanding, let's look at the above passage in the NLT version.

Matthew 23:23 (NLT) says;

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Also Luke 11:42 (KJV) says;

[i]"But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

And it NLT version says;

"What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."
Luke 11:42 (NLT).

So are you trying to tell me that JESUS was just blabbing GIBBERISH in the above passages.
The above scriptural passages are self explanatory. JESUS mentioned, supported, admonished and charged Tithing in the above passages.

Except you are trying to tell me that the doctrines of JESUS doesn't matter and that it is invalid and wrong and that Christians shouldn't obey them because JESUS was talking Gibberish.

Read Matthew 23 v 23 again... if you are using that as your basis to endorse tithing, you are also indirectly validating that the Law (Old Covenant) remains binding on you.

First and foremost, Jesus was using tithing as an example to show how the Pharisees and other custodians of the Law were focusing on minor matters at the expense of more critical issues. Do not mistake an example for an endorsement.

But if you insist Jesus endorsed tithing in Matthew 23 v 23...I want to believe He also endorsed animal sacrifice, and other crazier laws such as not planting two different types of seed in a vineyard nor wearing clothes mixed with linen and wool...

If you are not doing the part I highlighted in red...what could be your reason?

I am still waiting for you to show me where Jesus preached to His followers to pay tithes ... especially to Him since He's God's begotten Son...

Jesus has told us how to give in Matthew 25 v 31-46...and the early Church dwelt on that as the core foundation for giving...
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
OkCornel:

Read Matthew 23 v 23 again... if you are using that as your basis to endorse tithing, you are also indirectly validating that the Law (Old Covenant) remains binding on you.

First and foremost, Jesus was using tithing as an example to show how the Pharisees and other custodians of the Law were focusing on minor matters at the expense of more critical issues. Do not mistake an example for an endorsement.

Bro, keep on confusing yourself. so now, JESUS doctrine about Tithe is in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is not a law or an endorsement but an example? wow bro I'm thrilled.

The scripture is open and visible for you to see and read. Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is there for you to see and read what JESUS said about Tithing and how he charged Christians to do it, but you out of the fact that you don't want to come in terms with it now formulated a theory that JESUS doctrine about tithe in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is an example because JESUS didn't want to interfere with the Jewish law. Really are you trying to tell me that JESUS didn't interfere and annulled certain Jewish laws.
JESUS himself annulled so many old testament laws that contradicted grace which HE came to establish and those that didn't he supported.
Below are just a few of the laws JESUS himself annulled;

6.) The law of The Jews always washing their hands to signify purity before eating. Mark 7:1-23.

The above are just some of the old testament laws JESUS himself annulled, why? because they contradicted grace.
But did HE annul Tithe? No, rather HE supported it.
If Tithing was against the law of GRACE, JESUS himself would have annulled it just like HE annulled other Jewish customs like the above listed ones rather HE didn't, because HE wants the Christians to do it.

OkCornel:

But if you insist Jesus endorsed tithing in Matthew 23 v 23...I want to believe He also endorsed animal sacrifice, and other crazier laws such as not planting two different types of seed in a vineyard nor wearing clothes mixed with linen and wool...

If you are not doing the part I highlighted in red...what could be your reason?

Yes, both of them are old testament laws
BUT
One (TITHING) was mentioned, supported and endorsed by JESUS in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 while the other law (the above laws you mentioned) wasn't even mentioned by JESUS talk more of being supported or endorsed.
That's the difference between them.

So please don't compare TITHING with those laws you mentioned. Okay.

OkCornel:

I am still waiting for you to show me where Jesus preached to His followers to pay tithes ... especially to Him since He's God's begotten Son...

Jesus has told us how to give in Matthew 25 v 31-46...and the early Church dwelt on that as the core foundation for giving...

If Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, which is passage where JESUS mentioned, supported, charged and endorsed Tithing isn't enough for you, then bro, i can't do anything about it. You've sealed your heart against Tithing. No problem.

Now I have a question for you. Can you show me where JESUS himself or the apostles say that Tithing is wrong and invalid.

Can you show me where in the new testament where it is written that Tithing is wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them.

Can you show me where it is written in the new testament that JESUS said "it has been commanded for you to tithe but I am telling you not to Tithe because it is wrong and invalid."

Show me where the above were written with a new testament biblical passage.

Mind you, I'm not telling to come and start telling me unwarranted and unnecessary explanations, just drop a bible passage where the above were written in.

IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE A BIBLE PASSAGE THEN DON'T EVEN BOTHER QUOTING ME
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
OkCornel:

Please never you add to God's word. Where did you see in the Bible that the early Christians paid tithe...? Where was it spoken of? The gentile church or the Hebrew church? is there anywhere they paid tithes? please show me...because the last time I checked...they shared all they had in common and not 10% of whatever...

I also pasted an article on how tithes were paid...and even the glorious era of Solomon never changed the basis of how tithes should be paid. It was strictly on agricultural items. If that was the basis, please show me where in the Bible God changed the basis of tithing from agro products to gold and silver.

If we all believe Jesus has fulfilled the burdens of the Law and gave us a new Covenant...please of what relevance is tithing again (which was never done monetarily by the way)?

Bro, if you actually read CASE 5 of this article like I told you to. you won't be saying what you're saying. Didn't you read the part where I said it isn't mandatory to Tithe in monetary terms but rather it could be done both in monetary terms or not?

As for Tithing been ten percent of one's income, I talked about that in CASE 7 of this article in page 0. I urge you to read it.

The book of Acts never mentioned if the Early Christians paid tithes or not rather what it says is that they gave to the church. Guess what Tithing is one way of giving to the Church just like offerings, donations, sowing of seeds, sacrifices etc.

The book of Acts also didn't tell us how they gave or in what manner they gave in whether they gave in terms of Tithe, offerings, sowing of seeds, donations, sacrifices etc Rather it just recorded they gave, and not just giving, they gave to the church which means there is a probability of some of them TITHING.
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
preciousuweh:

Bro, if you actually read CASE 5 of this article like I told you to. you won't be saying what you're saying. Didn't you read the part where I said it isn't mandatory to Tithe in monetary terms but rather it could be done both in monetary terms or not?

As for Tithing been ten percent of one's income, I talked about that in CASE 7 of this article in page 0. I urge you to read it.

The book of Acts never mentioned if the Early Christians paid tithes or not rather what it says is that they gave to the church. Guess what Tithing is one way of giving to the Church just like offerings, donations, sowing of seeds, sacrifices etc.

The book of Acts also didn't tell us how they gave or in what manner they gave in whether they gave in terms of Tithe, offerings, sowing of seeds, donations, sacrifices etc Rather it just recorded they gave, and not just giving, they gave to the church which means there is a probability of some of them TITHING.

Very good, I have just bolded these parts of your message. This is where we are mixing up Judaism and Christianity.

The Bible clearly mentioned how the believers in the early church shared all they had. Adherence to the Mosaic Law which also includes tithing brewed a major controversy in the church. Under the direction of the Holy Spirit, read up how the Apostles resolved it.

Obligatory monetary tithing had no place in the early church...be it Hebrew or Gentile church.

One thing I can agree with you on is this - God and Jesus is not against giving, however giving is not limited to tithing. If you want to tithe the way God instructs, it is not feasible. The Law were instructions to be followed to the letter and not "principles" to be interpreted as one deems fit...

Tithing as God instructed...is not 10% of one's income. It is 10% of what was clearly spelt out in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29. Let's be careful not to misinteprete God's instructions. Read my posts on how the Jews tithed, it was not done monetarily
Re: TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. by OkCornel(m): 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
preciousuweh:

Bro, keep on confusing yourself. so now, JESUS doctrine about Tithe is in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is not a law or an endorsement but an example? wow bro I'm thrilled.

The scripture is open and visible for you to see and read. Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is there for you to see and read what JESUS said about Tithing and how he charged Christians to do it, but you out of the fact that you don't want to come in terms with it now formulated a theory that JESUS doctrine about tithe in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 is an example because JESUS didn't want to interfere with the Jewish law. Really are you trying to tell me that JESUS didn't interfere and annulled certain Jewish laws.
JESUS himself annulled so many old testament laws that contradicted grace which HE came to establish and those that didn't he supported.
Below are just a few of the laws JESUS himself annulled;

6.) The law of The Jews always washing their hands to signify purity before eating. Mark 7:1-23.

The above are just some of the old testament laws JESUS himself annulled, why? because they contradicted grace.
But did HE annul Tithe? No, rather HE supported it.
If Tithing was against the law of GRACE, JESUS himself would have annulled it just like HE annulled other Jewish customs like the above listed ones rather HE didn't, because HE wants the Christians to do it.

Yes, both of them are old testament laws
BUT
One (TITHING) was mentioned, supported and endorsed by JESUS in Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 while the other law (the above laws you mentioned) wasn't even mentioned by JESUS talk more of being supported or endorsed.
That's the difference between them.

So please don't compare TITHING with those laws you mentioned. Okay.

If Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, which is passage where JESUS mentioned, supported, charged and endorsed Tithing isn't enough for you, then bro, i can't do anything about it. You've sealed your heart against Tithing. No problem.

Now I have a question for you. Can you show me where JESUS himself or the apostles say that Tithing is wrong and invalid.

Can you show me where in the new testament where it is written that Tithing is wrong and invalid and that Christians shouldn't obey them.

Can you show me where it is written in the new testament that JESUS said "it has been commanded for you to tithe but I am telling you not to Tithe because it is wrong and invalid."

Show me where the above were written with a new testament biblical passage.

Mind you, I'm not telling to come and start telling me unwarranted and unnecessary explanations, just drop a bible passage where the above were written in.

IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE A BIBLE PASSAGE THEN DON'T EVEN BOTHER QUOTING ME

Per Matthew 23 v 23, Pharisees are not Christians...and I've checked the whole book of Luke...Jesus never mentioned His followers should pay tithes o...

Jesus mentioned giving in Matthew 25 v 31-46. Please read am ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atmosphere For Testimonies! / Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? / Fela As A Deity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 303
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.