Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? (13626 Views)

Airbnb Clone App Is Competing With Global Startups In The Hotel Booking Industry / Wells Carlton Hotels Honoured With "Jumia Travels Hotel Of The Year" Award / Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by henrixx(m): 10:10am On Feb 15, 2018
RealGucci:
naija is a full scam
fuc
everything abt it is a Huge Scam
even you sef na scam
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by hyzich(m): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2018
That is why i still prefer hotels.ng. those guys know their onions and are very good at what they do.... You guys should book on hotels .ng. their discounts are real.
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2018
DisGuy:

I checked hotels.ng too. Their prices are similar.

Customers shouldn't have to call the hotels for confirmation though. When you book through expedia, booking.com you know that's set. Perhaps it's the same issue affecting online business in Nigeria- pay on delivery model
Hotels.ng? Bros don't try it, they misrepresent hotels like kilode. Their pictures gallery na direct opposite of what you would find on arrival
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by hyzich(m): 10:59am On Feb 15, 2018
Frenchfriez:

Hotels.ng? Bros don't try it, they misrepresent hotels like kilode. Their pictures gallery na direct opposite of what you would find on arrival
hmmmmm, the pictures of the hotels on their websites were gotten from the hotels. their pictures represent what they portray.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Femistico(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2018
I have bn using jumia hotel almost every time and it's nt a scam, the discount is real, although there is a day i booked an hotel which there is no reservation and they called me bk to inform me nd choose a better one for me. So, when i got there they said they were nt aware of any discount and told me to add more cash for my 2days staying, so we called jumia and they speak with d manager that they are the one paying for the part of the money and nt me, so they gave me my room and d receptionist also apologized to me for wasting my time.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by DisGuy: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2018
I don't think Jumia themselves are scammers. Seems their business process is the problem particularly the hotels on their books

Imagine trying to check in-- Jumia and the hotel managers are only just negotiating fees/commission undecided
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by geminiplaceng(f): 11:34am On Feb 15, 2018
Jumia Travel is not a scam!

They are a great business partners.

We are Gemini Place Apartment and we offer luxury short-let apartments in Lagos, Nigeria (Ikoyi, Oniru, Victoria Island and Banana Island).

Visit our website http://geminiplaceng.com for more details and you can also follow us on social media, @geminiplacenglagos (facebook, instagram, google+, pintrest, linked), @geminiplace (twitter)

1 Like

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by tunene66: 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
I used it when i wanted to book an hotel in Kano and it went well
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
hyzich:

hmmmmm, the pictures of the hotels on their websites were gotten from the hotels. their pictures represent what they portray.
Well from my experience with them, the pictures used are old pics which were taken when those hotels were in a good shape. They havent updated their database.
Yes, they offer cheaper prices but when you visit the hotel, you get to realise that you only visited a shithole grin.
These days I use jumia travels.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
tunene66:
I used it when i wanted to book an hotel in Kano and it went well
Which hotels pls? Whenever I visit kano, I get there late and the decent hotels would have been taken.
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by lorhema(f): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
Frenchfriez:

True! We stopped using them after an experience in Kaduna. As we drove into the hotel the swimming pool with algae was the first thing we saw. The hotel rooms were dilapidated. We turned around and left, shocked that hotels.ng could advertise such a place. When they called I told them so. That's been it.
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by fleetfeet: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
I use booking.com on international travels and I have never had any cause for regret.

Locally I use hotels.ng n they are quite good. I had a situation early 2015 when I made a reservation for a hotel in ikeja only to get to the address and discover no such facility existed. I called the hotels.ng customer care who in turn called the hotel. The hotel called me asking me to stay where I was that they were coming to pick me, I declined the offer an requested another hotel which was promptly granted. The hotels.ng guys were thoroughly embarrassed by the situation. They sent me an apology mail an a ranking officer even called to apologise and promised they have started kyc to ensure such never happened again.

Trivago that I know is an internationally reputable travel brand, so if there are issues concerning their operations in nigeria then maybe we may need to look at the hotels as most of them are run un professionally. To get discounts the owner has to get involved, complaints and suggestions for improvement only get dealt with if the owner says so, they set up an email account and only the owner has access to it so online bookings must be confirmed from him, and if yours is a late arrival, and your booking requires his confirmation, an he is fast asleep-wahala go dey o! Happened to me on a booking (I even paid for it) in abuja, I arrived the hotel around 2am and it took them a while to confirm before the hotel gate was then open for me to enter the premises. I would have easily gone if I hadn't made the upfront payment.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Olembey: 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
You may contact me for your hotel bookings on Jumia... Anywhere in Africa. Just a click away... Your comfort guaranteed!
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
lorhema:

True! We stopped using them after an experience in Kaduna. As we drove into the hotel the swimming pool with algae was the first thing we saw. The hotel rooms were dilapidated. We turned around and left, shocked that hotels.ng could advertise such a place. When they called I told them so. That's been it.
Very true. I once booked a hotel in Osun, went there on a tourist visit. On getting there, my first impression was 'perhaps this is the old structure, the newer one portrayed online would be at the back.' My dear, I was shook when I got in. Sadly I got there soo late and decided to manage the place after much sparking for the manager (ofcus he gave me further discount).
My dear, that was the worst night of my life . Bed bugs literally killed me.
Since this hotel thing has come up, I have to start writing reviews on Jumia and hotelsng.

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by tunene66: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
Frenchfriez:

Which hotels pls? Whenever I visit kano, I get there late and the decent hotels would have been taken.

Nimah Hotel and Tahir Guest Palace both in Nasarawa Kano

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
tunene66:

Nimah Hotel and Tahir Guest Palace both in Nasarawa Kano
Thanks. Tahir is a nice place, once checked there bit all the rooms were booked (obviously cos it was a Friday).
Next time, would make a booking ahead of time
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by DisGuy: 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
Frenchfriez:

Very true. I once booked a hotel in Osun, went there on a tourist visit. On getting there, my first impression was 'perhaps this is the old structure, the newer one portrayed online would be at the back.' My dear, I was shook when I got in. Sadly I got there soo late and decided to manage the place after much sparking for the manager (ofcus he gave me further discount).
My dear, that was the worst night of my life . Bed bugs literally killed me.
Since this hotel thing has come up, I have to start writing reviews on Jumia and hotelsng.

This is a very good plan, many customers will be warned in advance and manage their expectations
also the hotels will be forced to improve or follow up on complains

On TripAdvisor, hotel managers can respond to questions/reviews

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by aieromon(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2018
Frenchfriez:

Very true. In addition to leaving reviews,I also pay close attention to reviews of guests as well as the time period of review.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by kingwill2050(m): 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
As someone in the hotel business, it is always advised you know about the hotel release time, which normally ranges from 4PM to 6PM. In that case, ensure you make payment prior arrival. These hotels are there for business. Who now pays after they reserved a room for you, and you didn't show up. And they might have turned down lots of guest just because your reservation is holding up on the system
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by DisGuy: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
kingwill2050:
As someone in the hotel business, it is always advised you know about the hotel release time, which normally ranges from 4PM to 6PM. In that case, ensure you make payment prior arrival. These hotels are there for business. Who now pays after they reserved a room for you, and you didn't show up. And they might have turned down lots of guest just because your reservation is holding up on the system

As someone in the hotel business, you should know most hotels in Nigeria don't have online payment application on their website-that's if they even have a website. The last thing you want is the receptionist trying to give you some account number bearing no resemblance to the Name of the hotel over the phone to pay into for securing your reservation.

I think hotels should get rid of their "pay at reception" model, it's 2018, card/online payment systems shouldn't be rocket science for the web developers.
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by kingwill2050(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
DisGuy:

As someone in the hotel business, you should know most hotels in Nigeria don't have online payment application on their website-that's if they even have a website. The last thing you want is the receptionist trying to give you some account number bearing no resemblance to the Name of the hotel over the phone to pay into for securing your reservation.

I think hotels should get rid of their "pay at reception" model, it's 2018, card/online payment systems shouldn't be rocket science for the web developers.
And you don't think a hotel without a business/corporate account is a red flag, sort of.... ? When I say "someone in the hotel business", I know what I mean, emphasis on hotel business as a business. It will cost you virtually nothing to open an account for your business. So, I still maintain what I said. So, don't bring that up as a reason why you shouldn't guarantee your reservation. Get the hotel account, do an online transfer, send your payment advice to who ever you are dealing with, and save yourself all the drama, unless, you are doing business with "mushroom" hotels
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by skino4united(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
DisGuy:
Has anyone got an actual experience of hotel reservations through Jumia Travel?

Hotel prices on their website is anywhere between 10% to 30% cheaper than booking.com, TripAdvisor, expedia etc which I thought might be due to the fact they're Nigerian company/advantage. They also give out discounts regularly

I've recently been reading some worring reviews about bookings done through Jumia- people turning up to hotels and front desk denying bookings or asking for higher prices than advertised

Without bias or prejudice, I'm not saying this because I'm a sales consultant for Jumia Nigeria booking hotels and flights, I'm saying it because it's the truth. The hotel will never ask for a fee different from what's on your Jumia reservation except you want to use the hotel directly. The price on your Jumia booking is exactly what u're gonna pay at the hotel. I book hotels a lot for my client and potential clients and I must confess nothing less than 90% of my bookings are confirmed and checked in.
If you have any issues regarding booking hotels and flights, pls don't hesitate to call/whatsapp me on 07032292477. I give a discount of 10% on the prices ... Jumia sales consultant
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by skino4united(m): 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
hyzich:
That is why i still prefer hotels.ng. those guys know their onions and are very good at what they do.... You guys should book on hotels .ng. their discounts are real.

OK o, I work in an hotel where they use hotels.ng and Jumia and hotels.ng has a very low success rate compared to Jumia when it comes to reservations and check-ins
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by skino4united(m): 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
Frenchfriez:

You have said it the way it is. I work in an hotel and thus is so true.
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by skino4united(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Frenchfriez:

Well from my experience with them, the pictures used are old pics which were taken when those hotels were in a good shape. They havent updated their database.
Yes, they offer cheaper prices but when you visit the hotel, you get to realise that you only visited a shithole grin.
These days I use jumia travels.

Well said. Kindly call/whatsapp me on 07032292477 to get your bookings done at 10% more discount

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by heo88(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
DisGuy:

Hotel prices on their website is anywhere between 10% to 30% cheaper than booking.com, TripAdvisor, expedia etc which I thought might be due to the fact they're Nigerian company/advantage. They also give out discounts regularly

I've recently been reading some worring reviews about bookings done through Jumia- people turning up to hotels and front desk denying bookings or asking for higher prices than advertised

Why not try Money Matters Hotels - https://hotels.moneymatters.com.ng

You can't go wrong

Cc. Zehner
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by DisGuy: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2018
kingwill2050:

And you don't think a hotel without a business/corporate account is a red flag, sort of.... ? When I say "someone in the hotel business", I know what I mean, emphasis on hotel business as a business. It will cost you virtually nothing to open an account for your business. So, I still maintain what I said. So, don't bring that up as a reason why you shouldn't guarantee your reservation. Get the hotel account, do an online transfer, send your payment advice to who ever you are dealing with, and save yourself all the drama, unless, you are d oing business with "mushroom" hotels

My point being..when i book a hotel online i dont want to do a follow up call to speak to anybody or do a separate online transfer. I want to book pay and receive a reservation number all in action. No point being online then calling to ask for account number when there's payment options -visa.mastercard.paypal that could be done in the same process

If you read the reasons things go wrong with online book by previous users- "maybe the person that took the booking is off duty" shocked
This is an oga at the top scenario in 2018. When oga is not around everything goes haywire lol
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by octavian(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
I had a different experience with my reservations on Jumia Travel. I had a business meeting in Pittsburgh , I booked my hotel while I was at home in Sacramento. On getting to Pittsburgh, I rang the hotel and my reservation was confirmed by the receptionist, by the way payments for the hotel was through Naira MasterCard
Re: Jumia Travel Hotel Booking Reviews? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
DisGuy:

Good evening mods
Please I mistakenly pressed something on my profile and I don't know how to remove it again
It's about those Muslim stuff
Can you please help me remove it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travel Agent/consultant.(information Needed) / UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students / List Of Countries Nigeria Passport Holders Can Travel Visa Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.