Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos (95981 Views)

Meet Beryl Ogwell: The Kenyan Hair Stylist Making Cancer Patients Look Beautiful / Suicidal 67-Year-Old Man Jumped Into Kwara River, Rescued By Sympathizers (Photo / Kenyan Drug Addict Rescued By His Childhood Friend, Dies 2 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzansian:

The bolded made me fall on my knees, laughing grin, how the hell do you know that? grin grin sicko grin. I really can't stop laughing. True, anything can be recycled including " it" grin. We can't afford to throw away recyclable products when there are struggling sistas out there grin. #stopwasting.

LMFAOOOOO.

Chin, you know they like to strip nekkid mos. Exhibitionism is in their blood grin

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Mzansian(f): 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Woohoo!!! For sure you can't wait, nne? It's always difficult adjusting to a new account. I don't know how you do it lol.

Lol, really can't wait. It's weird.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzansian:

No , dear that was a question to him, I've talked to him using this moniker so I thought he knew it was me .

Oh ok.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Martin0(m): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, she's like a sister to me. My G. I plan to meet her in real life.

sure you should at least have some bottles

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Mzansian(f): 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

LMFAOOOOO.

Chin, you know they like to strip nekkid mos. Exhibitionism is in their blood grin

LMFAO, I know how much they like to show off tongue grin...naughty people grin. I bet there are psychos out there who lure them with food to their houses just to........ grin grin. This world is messed up lol.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzansian:

LMFAO, I know how much they like to show off tongue grin...naughty people grin. I bet there are psychos out there who lure them with food to their houses just to........ grin grin. This world is messed up lol.

Kikikiki. IKR.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by CastedAyo: 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
Wow
Lalasticlala
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by akigbemaru: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
HeWrites:
Earlier Thread; Lady Shares Before & After Photos Of Her Classmate Who Went 'Mentally Deranged' ( https://www.nairaland.com/4118062/lady-shares-before-after-photos)

Remember last year when ToriMill brought you the story of a Lady who stay by her friend who went mentally deranged due to his addiction to Drugs? Well we're here with new updates about the man.

The man, Patrick Hinga Wanjiru was introduced to Kenyans and other African countries for the first time as a destitute man in the streets of Wangige Town surviving on morsels of decayed food and coins tossed from a distance by well-wishers.

This was until Ms Wanja Mwaura, a former classmate, who recognised him took him out of the streets and got him help at a local rehabilitation centre.

The “before” and “after” pictures of Hinga who by then had undergone two weeks of detoxification from drugs went viral on social media when it was shared on a group named Kilimani Mom & Dads Uncensored and was first brought to you by ToriMill which later captures the attention of both local and international media.

The kindness of Wanja warmed the hearts of many Kenyans, particularly when Kenya was holding its repeat presidential elections in October. Kenyans were moved by the story of Hinga’s transformation and rallied to raise money to support him in his journey to recovery.

Today, he is a changed man.
According to new reports that reached us, Hinga spent the last three months undergoing counseling and rehabilitation at“The Retreat” rehab.

Clean shaven, dressed in stylish maroon khaki pants, a matching shirt and trendy sneakers, Hinga who stands almost at six feet is ready to speak to the media for the first time since he was rescued from the streets.

Although his speech has been slurred by drugs and medication, Hinga speaks eloquently, shifting between English, Swahili and Kikuyu.

According to our findings, the man Born on September 15, 1983, he attended Ndararua Primary School in Kabete and sat his KCPE exams in 1998 where he scored 447 marks out of 700. He was admitted to Uthiru High School, then a provincial school, in 1999.

Hinga’s dalliance with drugs started when he was in standard eight after friends introduced him to the lifestyle.

“It all began with cigarettes,” he says. “Before we knew it, we were smoking Bhang. I gave in to drugs because of peer pressure.”

Hinga and his friends would sneak to the toilets to smoke cigarettes and bhang. When his teachers discovered that Hinga was doing drugs, he was immediately expelled. He was in form two.

This, was the beginning of a downward spiral towards the path of ruin that would see him hit the streets. After being expelled from Uthiru, he was enrolled at Elite High School in Kayole where he dropped out due to drug use.

When it was clear that Hinga could not contain his drug habit, his mother took him to Mathari Mental Hospital where he ran away several times.

So far, he has been admitted to Mathari eight times.
Hinga says he would run away and not return home for fear of being re-admitted to Mathari.

Street life was perhaps the darkest moment of Hinga’s life.
During the day, he would roam the streets of Wangige before retiring to his corner, outside a small hotel, where people would sometimes pity him and buy him a plate of fried pork.

“What pained me the most was that my siblings were at home with my mother, safe and sound, yet I was in the streets and that was really depressing for me,” he says.

It was outside that small hotel that Wanja met Hinga and recognised him.

She began talking to Hinga who expressed his wish to leave the streets and rebuild his life.

When he checked into rehab three months ago, the fee was waived and the money raised went towards opening a business for Hinga, “Hinga’s Store.”

The store is run by his mother, who, for a long time, was desperate about what to do with her son whom she thought she had lost to drugs.

The privilege and honour of having a second shot at life is not lost on the aspiring mechanic, who is determined to get better and rebuild his life.

“I feel like I am a new man. I pray daily," he said. ToriMill reports.

https://torimill.com/2018/02/update-remember-the-mentally-deranged-man-rescued-from-streets-by-his-childhood-friend-here-is-what-he-looks-like-now.html

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by omenkaLives(m): 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
She's done a greater miracle than all these useless GOs combined!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Seun4FastLoans(f): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
That's so kind of her .Hope he is fine now angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
All he needed was a little Tender Loving Care (TLC) and medications and he will be fine!

But he still looks mad undecided
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by maestroferddi: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
These Kenyans are weirdos.

So what do we do now?
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by curvilicious: 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
They look alike o (forehead gang)

Btw is that their prewedding pic?

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by afamaustin(m): 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
I was moved

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by wonlasewonimi: 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ki tan lara were...
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by YelloweWest: 4:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
anibirelawal:
That picture looks SCARY!

#SAY NO TO HARD DRUGS -
eyin omo science student.

Them go gree hear word??
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by anibirelawal(m): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
YelloweWest:

Them go gree hear word??
Na dem sabi...
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by nairavsdollars(f): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
MARRIAGE LOADING
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by stagger: 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
Great woman. Thank God for his life. A big lesson: never touch Jamaican Skunk!
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by vineyardfarms: 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
THANK YOUNG LADY, I DONT KNOW YOU BUT YOUR ACT IS COMMENDABLE. YOU HAVE A GOOD HEART AND GOD SENT. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING SMILE BACK ON HIS FACE.

OUR GOD SHALL MEET YOU AT THE VERY POINT OF NEED.

HELPERS SHALL LOCATE, YOU WILL NOT STRUGGLE FOR HELPERS,
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by zinaunreal(m): 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please he aint mad. Just a drug addict
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Jephz(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
but ....but.... d guy look more like her brother !!
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by mikebrown92: 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Looooool. What if she's already taken?

married lady will have no reason to do all dat.
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by joenor(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hummm
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by SUNDICOS(m): 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
Martin0:

i can bet my shiny chocolate ass she's singlegrin
Now say the truth,your what?

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
but he continues to turn to one side in taking those pictures. well its a gradual process.
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by CastedAyo: 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
zinaunreal:
Please he aint mad. Just a drug addict

He runs mad
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by ibkgab001: 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
We have only one mad singer here his name is air force one grin
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by zinaunreal(m): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2018
CastedAyo:

He runs mad
are you his doctor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / Man Bleeding To Death At Idi-Iroko Bridge Maryland Mall, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.