Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Four Cardinal Truths About Church Membership [psalms 68:6] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Four Cardinal Truths About Church Membership [psalms 68:6] (265 Views)

Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Cardinal Truths About Church Membership [psalms 68:6] by Nobody: 2:34am On Feb 16, 2018
Today, I will be sharing with you four major truths about becoming a profitable church member:

1.Recognize that church membership is as spiritual as kingdom membership: After salvation, the next most important issue to a believer is the question of church membership.

2.Align yourself constantly with God's purpose for the local church: Never do anything against the divine purpose for setting up a local church; which is to equip the saints.

3.Seek the face of God about the local church you should join: Don't let carnal considerations lead. You must ask from God: “where is my place in the body?” After a believer finds the local church to attend, he must then ask this next question: “what is my place in this place?” This question simply speaks of where God wants the believer to serve in a local church.

4.Never attend or settle in a church where you cannot accept the set man as your father from God. The kingdom of God is a family characterized by fathers and sons. A believer must become a twice-born son. This means that first, the believer must be a son of God through a definite experience of salvation. Second, and equally important, after finding the local church God ordained for him, the believer must ask this question: “what must I die to, to become a son in this house?” What is it in your life that makes it difficult for you to submit to the God-given process of discipleship in the local church God has assigned you to? That is what is keeping you from the full blessings of the kingdom.

PRAYER: Lord, show me my place in the church you have planted me and show me what I must die to for me to become a son in the house you have planted me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 1:1-3:17, Mark 1:29-2:12, Psalms 35:17-28, Proverbs 9:13-18

Rev and Rev Mrs Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

Religion Of Peace. / Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 22/02/2018 Thursday / How Can I Overcome Feelings Of Rejection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.