Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,921 members, 7,802,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) (41645 Views)

Pictures Of Elephant Tusks Worth ₦22.3 Billion Intercepted In Lagos / 3 Elephant Tusks, 1 Ivory Pieces Worth $500,000 Smuggled From Nigeria (Photos) / Elephant Tusks Intercepted By Customs In Kebbi Along Nigeria/Benin Border (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Rachelsblog(f): 6:37am On Feb 16, 2018
Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has intercepted sacks of elephant tusks and pangolin shells in a warehouse at No. 38, Ogundana Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, with a combined Duty Paid Value (DPV) of N493.5 million. .
The unit also arrested a Chinese suspect, Mr. Ko Sin Ying, in connection with the items whose export breaches international protocols and conventions. .

Comptroller, Mohammed Uba Garba yesterday said the seizures comprised 55 sacks of pangolin shells weighing 2001kg and valued at N408.32 million, and 218 pieces of elephant tusk weighing 343kg and valued at N85.2 million. .

He disclosed that the team, acting on intelligence, had mounted surveillance on the area and on a tip-off, raided the apartment where the security confirmed the occupant to be a Chinese national, Mr. Ko Sin Ying.

Garba noted that the export of such endangered species of animals like elephant and pangolin breaches international protocols and conventions. .

“It further prevents the killings of endangered species since the tusks are only available after the killing of the elephant or pangolin,” he said

News From Ebiwali--http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/chinese-man-arrested-in-lagos-with.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by doctimonyeka(m): 6:57am On Feb 16, 2018
Event Chinco man dey feel Buharitiasis..

God come and rescue ur children oo undecided

10 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 16, 2018
grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Caseless: 7:06am On Feb 16, 2018
shocked

Give me the money, return the tusks, pangolin and jail the Chinese man.

On a serious note. Imagine the number of elephants he wasted just to get the tusks. He's heartless.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by mayskit4luv(m): 10:03am On Feb 16, 2018
grin
Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by joeaz58(m): 10:03am On Feb 16, 2018
life imprisonment tongue

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by 69MissedCalls(m): 10:03am On Feb 16, 2018
Nigerians dont care about endangered species. All na kill and chop. They only care about this one because the value is high.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by NonFarmPayrol: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2018
chinese people

very smart

they come here with slippers and become millionaires in a few months while our youth are busy watching BBN, playing whitepaper, defending buhari and searching for non existent jobs

hope they receive sense soon

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by CYBERWEAVER(m): 10:03am On Feb 16, 2018
Rachelsblog:
Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has intercepted sacks of elephant tusks and pangolin shells in a warehouse at No. 38, Ogundana Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, with a combined Duty Paid Value (DPV) of N493.5 million. .
The unit also arrested a Chinese suspect, Mr. Ko Sin Ying, in connection with the items whose export breaches international protocols and conventions. .

Comptroller, Mohammed Uba Garba yesterday said the seizures comprised 55 sacks of pangolin shells weighing 2001kg and valued at N408.32 million, and 218 pieces of elephant tusk weighing 343kg and valued at N85.2 million. .

He disclosed that the team, acting on intelligence, had mounted surveillance on the area and on a tip-off, raided the apartment where the security confirmed the occupant to be a Chinese national, Mr. Ko Sin Ying.

Garba noted that the export of such endangered species of animals like elephant and pangolin breaches international protocols and conventions. .

“It further prevents the killings of endangered species since the tusks are only available after the killing of the elephant or pangolin,” he said

News From Ebiwali--http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/chinese-man-arrested-in-lagos-with.html
i waka comot

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by ibori1(m): 10:04am On Feb 16, 2018
oleh,oleh
Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by stainlink(m): 10:04am On Feb 16, 2018
Elephant I know, but What is pangolin?
As a sharp guy, I googled the pangolin creature and this is what I found.

Like if you also didn't know about the pangolin wink

The chinco guy should be kept alone in a cage unarmed with Mr pangolin as punishment.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by whizbee(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2018
Serves him right....I've heard how they treat their Nigerian workers unfairly....tie to ba

11 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Tolbanks(f): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2018
Hmmmmn...

Punish him according to the LAW and not according to HIS WHITE SKIN!

angry

15 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Amirullaha(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2018
So you mean to tell me one elephant tusk is worth more than N2.5M
And i have four lavishing at home for nothing
Chai...
Make I enter market asap...

6 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by lilyfaith(f): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2018
218 tusks= 109 elephants wasted. shocked shocked
Hunkle chinko has killed all the elephants in Africa oh

18 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by PapaBaby: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2018
Lock him up and throw away the keys.
Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Kennitrust(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2018
Make a space for others living thing to survive.

Don't destroy nature.
Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Sirheny007(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2018
I suggest they first pick his teeth with the Elephant tusk..
grin grin
Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by TIDDOLL(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2018
Imagine....

There are no strict Wildlife Protection laws in this part of Africa.... undecided
You rarely sight elephants in our Parks or Game reserves, still they go about killing the few remaining.

Really Bad!!

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Eazi1(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2018
Hahaaaaaa Plz I Beg U Dn't Beat Hm,,,, I Luv Deir Product Tecno Plz....Lol

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2018
sun chi yung thug idiot!
enter celli!

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Ogashub(m): 10:07am On Feb 16, 2018
494 million naira?? Dem dey use dis elephant tusk take cook soup why soo expensive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2018
sad chinko pipu and illegality/ sabotage. Jail him
Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by steeltu(m): 10:07am On Feb 16, 2018
Good to know. @least dem catch one of over 100's that does this.

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by bolinjkezzy(m): 10:07am On Feb 16, 2018
Caseless:
shocked

On a serious note. Imagine the number of elephants he wasted just to get the tusks. He's heartless.
Now we Nigerians won dy claim animal right? You sabi the number of bush meat killing wey dy enter NL front page everyday

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by masciv: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2018
People like this have no regard for the future generations. it's all about money to them. Tragic!

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by ekojoe(m): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2018
Caseless:
shocked

Bro, on the contrary,

I don't think an elephant needs to be "wasted just get the tusks".
Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 16, 2018
y is he not in handcuffs? nonsense

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2018
Shoot him please sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don Waney’s Bank Accounts Frozen, To Be Forfeited To Federal Government / Youths Kill Man Found With meth In Imo / Man Whose Lover Died After Sex Romp In Hotel Paraded With Others In Calabar. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.