Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Where Is Dr Abalaka? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Dr Abalaka? (23282 Views)

APC Politics: Where Is Dr Chris Ngige? / Please Where Is Dr Umana Now-nigerian First 419er? / Is Dr. Olusola Saraki Christian Or Moslem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Abagworo(m): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2010
once upon a time reigned one man who was but a genius in the act of deceit and swindling.he found favor in the eyes of hiv positive nigerians who poured in thousands for his safdac -''self agency for food and drug control'' approved drugs.the big question is what is the whereabout of this man?is he serving jail term as he should or is he still being celebrated in the hiv-aids underworld?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by glo12(f): 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2010
He stays in Abuja
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Abagworo(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2010
thanks for the info.does he still run the homeopathic hiv centre?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
Stop talking @##---------. Dr Abalaka was given a pass mark by the govt agencies that investigated his claims. His claims was not totally empty.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by texazzpete(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2010
chosen04:

Stop talking @##---------. Dr Abalaka was given a pass mark by the govt agencies that investigated his claims. His claims was not totally empty.

So it's easier for you to believe that one man discovered the cure for HIV/AIDS yet faded into a life of obscurity, abi?

Oh yes, i forgot. The usual claims that the Government did not 'encourage' him. I wonder how much government 'encouragement' Steve Jobs and Bill gates received.

Someone who at the height of his notoriety could command an impromptu press conference starts whining about 'lack of opportunity' and you people fall for that?!

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Goldmind1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Abagworo,
O boy, U don catch AIDS?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tkb417(m): 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2010
me thinks he shd be beside Rev King in Kuje Prison
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
texazzpete:

So it's easier for you to believe that one man discovered the cure for HIV/AIDS yet faded into a life of obscurity, abi?

Oh yes, i forgot. The usual claims that the Government did not 'encourage' him. I wonder how much government 'encouragement' Steve Jobs and Bill gates received.

Someone who at the height of his notoriety could command an impromptu press conference starts whining about 'lack of opportunity' and you people fall for that?!

Abalaka's last words b/4 he decided to take it easy are "If they cant listern to me 2day, let them learn in a hard way 2morrow''. Are we not learning the hard way 2day as it concerns Aids and ppl living with it?

We would have all be kissing his ass if Abalaka was white and trained in ''one big school outside the country''

Mind you even those who opposed him at that time, were only afraid of one thing----Cos he was using ''HIV VACCINE'' in his experiments.

Believe me, the cure to HIV lies in VACCINE not drugs as the world has being trying to achieve.

If ours is not a country that discourages innoventions, the VACCINES Abalaka worked on should be improved on, rather than looking for drug cures for Hiv/Aids.

The environments those you mention worked were totally different. Do i have to debate on the environmental diiferences? Am sure you know them!
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tkb417(m): 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
duh
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2010
tkb417:

duh
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by violent(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2010
chosen04:

Abalaka's last words b/4 he decided to take it easy are "If they cant listern to me 2day, let them learn in a hard way 2morrow''. Are we not learning the hard way 2day as it concerns Aids and ppl living with it?

We would have all be kissing his backside if Abalaka was white and trained in ''one big school outside the country''

Mind you even those who opposed him at that time, were only afraid of one thing----Cos he was using ''HIV VACCINE'' in his experiments.

Believe me, the cure to HIV lies in VACCINE not drugs as the world has being trying to achieve.

If ours is not a country that discourages innoventions, the VACCINES Abalaka worked on should be improved on, rather than looking for drug cures for Hiv/Aids.

The environments those you mention worked were totally different. Do i have to debate on the environmental diiferences? Am sure you know them!

I'm sorry for this rather insulting statement i'm about to make, but besides becomericha, I'm yet to come across anybody as dumb as you.

Are you kidding?. . . someone found a vaccine for HIV and he kept quite because the government is not supportive and in your {perhaps his} own words, because he wants people to "learn the hard way"?

and who, pray tell, exactly is he angry at?

Are you saying he's just not tempted with the monetary gains, influence, awards, and respect, and popularity he stands to gain from he whole world?

oh lemme guess, because the government is not supportive, he simply can't log onto the internet and google up whatever organization that is ready to shed off $$$$$$$billions for his research if genuine?

And don't even debate on environmental differences, if his claims are true, the US or whatever smart government is ready to bend all the laws in their constitution in order to grant him a citizen status, with well furnished apartment and white boys licking his feet!

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tkb417(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Violent
take it easy grin

if an environment isnt receptive of an invention, common sense says move to another place or explore another means of getting the deserved attention and patronage

Abalaka shd be sitting beside Rev King in prison
LOL

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by texazzpete(m): 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2010
@violent
please tell him o!
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
violent:

I'm sorry for this rather insulting statement i'm about to make, but besides becomericha, I'm yet to come across anybody as dumb as you.

Are you kidding?. . . someone found a vaccine for HIV and he kept quite because the government is not supportive and in your {perhaps his} own words, because he wants people to "learn the hard way"?

and who, pray tell, exactly is he angry at?

Are you saying he's just not tempted with the monetary gains, influence, awards, and respect, and popularity he stands to gain from he whole world?

oh lemme guess, because the government is not supportive, he simply can't log onto the internet and google up whatever organization that is ready to shed off $$$$$$$billions for his research if genuine?

And don't even debate on environmental differences, if his claims are true, the US or whatever smart government is ready to bend all the laws in their constitution in order to grant him a citizen status, with well furnished apartment and white boys licking his feet!

Who is dumb?, You dont seem to comphrend me right?,

Do you know what a VACCINE is? , No pun intend.
Do you know what a HIV VACCINE will involve?, using HIV infected blood to treatment!!!!

That was actually the reasons for govt apathy toward his works after given him a passmark,

Most ''PHD holders--Pull him hold govt officials'' started discouraging people, him and his works. What do you do when those that will benefit from such innovations are those talking trash, when no patients comes for further experiments? and when there is no money to continue experimenting?

texazzpete:

@violent
please tell him o!

What does VOILENT have to say, talking without comphrending the message?

Even if Abalaka did not succeed but he has proven it to the world that the cure for HIV lies in VACCINE and not in drugs has the world is trying to achieve.

tkb417:

@Violent
take it easy grin

if an environment isnt receptive of an invention, common sense says move to another place or explore another means of getting the deserved attention and patronage

, Referral is expected to come from your govt and when your govt is not supportive, moving to other places is out of the place.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tkb417(m): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
what we are saying is if our govt is dumb and not receptive, he shd go to the WEST

Emegwali isnt in Nigeria is he?

if he has stuff to prove, not even an Idia Amin shd stop him

Abalaka has nothn to prove, he was/is a great conman until he proves otherwise

as at today the 21st day of April, he shd be liable to a jail term for insulting our senses and for taking millions of people on a phantom ride

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2010
tkb417:

Emegwali isnt in Nigeria is he?

Philip Emegwali only made it to abroad by sheer luck. He was recused by the RED-CROSS during the nigerian CIVIL war and ''shipped'' abroad.

If not mother luck and the civil war, am sure the guy will be another ABALAKA ----planning to go to the grave with his dream/destiny cos of govt apathy towards creativity.

Am just praying for him to have the luck PHILIP had,

tkb417:

as at today the 21st day of April, he shd be liable to a jail term for insulting our senses and for taking millions of people on a phantom ride

Are you leaving a day behinde time? Today is 22nd of April from where i stay my dear===You need to wake, cos its obvious you are sleeping, Lol
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tkb417(m): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
LOL!!!
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by violent(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2010
"Build a better mouse trap and the world will build a footpath to your doorstep"---Ralph Waldo Emerson

All Abalaka need do is to get a Patent about his discovery, and if the government is not supportive, let him write to the UN, UNICEF, WHO, etc etc.

If he truly developed a vaccine as he claimed, such things wouldn't even be a subject of debate after close to 8 years!

saying the government is not supportive is just a darn lame excuse, let him present his findings for all to see.

The dude was just a professional con man until the world got wiser.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2010
violent:

"Build a better mouse trap and the world will build a footpath to your doorstep"---Ralph Waldo Emerson

All Abalaka need do is to get a Patent about his discovery, and if the government is not supportive, let him write to the UN, UNICEF, WHO, etc etc.

If he truly developed a vaccine as he claimed, such things wouldn't even be a subject of debate after close to 8 years!

saying the government is not supportive is just a darn lame excuse, let him present his findings for all to see.

The dude was just a professional con man until the world got wiser.

Am beginning to see matured reasoning in your debate now. Its commendable.

Get a patent from where? Wont Referral be needed from his govt?
Writing to WHO,UN etc takes time and its capital intensive too-----hiring lawyers and other consultants.

===But am sure he is working on it. I followed that dude closely. He doesnot seem ''CONISH'' or fraudulent to me===except my eagle eyes fails me this time, but am sure it doesnt fail
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by violent(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2010
chosen04:

Am beginning to see matured reasoning in your debate now. Its commendable.

Get a patent from where? Wont Referral be needed from his govt?
Writing to WHO,UN etc takes time and its capital intensive too-----hiring lawyers and other consultants.

===But am sure he is working on it. I followed that dude closely. He doesnot seem ''CONISH'' or fraudulent to me===except my eagle eyes fails me this time, but am sure it doesnt fail

The world respond to such issues faster than you can say Nairaland.

All he needs is to get a Lawyer that can file an international patent right, protecting his intellectual property, anywhere in the world, that way, no one can lay claim or even produce the vaccines without paying him huge sums of money.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by marvix(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2010
Abalaka is livin his life large in Abj, he dared d world 2 inject him wit d virus and he will cure himself nd none of d intl agencies hav taken up d challenge. Instead they are askin him for d formular used in his preparation and he refused them, the amt of money they hav invested on condoms are yet to be realised.

The man has been treatin pple with d virus nd do u kno anyone who has d virus dat will come up openly to confess it even after the treatment and d treatment is not beans, Dr Abalaka has loads of money I personally know dat, he virtually supports many banks with his deposits.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by mendax: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
interesting
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Baro(m): 2:43am On Apr 23, 2010
When i saw Abalaka on this thread, one name stampeded my mind; Dr Tim Menakaya,  the then Minister of Health. Both were like cat and rat.

@ topic,
Abalaka is an enigma. A doctor friend of mine, told me that he is presentlly in Canada researching with some international agencies/universities. I sought his opinion of Abalaka, and he rated him very high, said he is also respected in medical circles.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Abagworo(m): 5:25am On Apr 23, 2010
chosen04:

We would have all be kissing his backside if Abalaka was white and trained in ''one big school outside the country''

i would like to know your knowledge of genetics,virology,profilaxis,mutation and retro-virus.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by becomricha: 5:37am On Apr 23, 2010
I assume they claim he was fake at that time. ?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by texazzpete(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2010
LOL

As with any half-hearted attempt to scam people, conflicting stories are the order of the day.

chosen04:

Abalaka claimed he had been treating HIV positive patients and curing them of their malady. Now here you are claiming his solution was a Vaccine. I hope you know what a Vaccine is?

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by mendax: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2010
well definitely vaccine isn t the same as a cure, since the former is preventive.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 23, 2010
Not taking sides but a close friend of mine got infected, spent over 500k in Abalakas hospital did not get cured.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tkb417(m): 10:25am On Apr 23, 2010
someone said hes in Abuja treating people and someone said hes in Canada

okiz

but do u treat with vaccines?

u never holla
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by ziga: 10:44am On Apr 23, 2010
It is obvious that Dr Abalaka's claims from back then were untrue.

And the problems he had with the government and the health ministry was that he was unprofessional in his approach.

You don't make an experimental drug and start injecting human volunteers. Drug tests have to pass through stages, which he totally ignored (animal testing and all) So, he was taking advantage of the hopeless situation of the HIV infected patients, giving them false hope, and preventing them from going for other proven methods of treatment.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by nearest(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2010
I think if he has a cure for HIV, or vaccines for the prevention he wouldn't keep quiet, is there anybody that doesn't want recognition from professional colleagues or nobel prize? There are countries that are spending billions of dollars for one drug or the other, if the nigeria govt. don't want to help him he could make presentations to pharmaceutical companies abroad who would want patent rights or part of it for assistance.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by nguage(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
I have attached Dr. Abalaka's research paper for anyone who wants to read, also included is his reply to one of his critics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Moment Tinubu Touched Down In Warri Amidst Shouts Of "Jagaban" (video) / You Have Failed Bayelsans, Amaechi Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.