Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (29513 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ecuador: FIFA Under 17 World Cup (3 - 2) Full Time / Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nigeria U17s To Hand Call-Up To The New Victor Moses For Qualifiers

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria U17 head coach Manu Garba has drawn up a list of players he intends to invite for the Golden Eaglets get-together.

Having scoured the country in search of the most promising youngsters, two players certain to be named on the roster for the training camp are Timothy Peace and Tochukwu Nnadi and this is subject to approval of the Nigerian Federation who will vet the list before it is made public.

Timothy Peace is a player currently on the books of famous academy, Kwara Football Academy, which produced the likes of Gbenga Arokoyo, Ahmed Abdul-Taofik and Monday Samuel Ayinoko.

The young winger has drawn comparisons to Chelsea star Victor Moses, he is a pacy player not scared to take risks and scores regularly.
Nnadi is a big, strong attacking midfielder, he scores as much as he provides assists and has been tipped to be an absolute hit if he fulfills his potential.

The Golden Eaglets will face off with Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Ivory Coast, Benin and Togo in Zone 3 (West B Zone) of the 2019 African U17 Cup of Nations qualifiers.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : thenff.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27464
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
Golden Eaglets Coach Manu Garba Scouts 'Big' Ghana U17 Players, Neglected By NFF

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria U17 coach Manu Garba has returned to the country after a scouting trip to Ghana, where he traveled to monitor two-time world champions Black Starlets.

Since February 2018, Garba and his lieutenants have been pleading with the Nigeria Football Federation for the Golden Eaglets to start preparations for the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations Zone 3 (West B Zone) qualifiers without success.

And after the head coach's trip to Ghana, he has admitted that the Golden Eaglets face a tall order in their bid to qualify for the Africa U-17 Cup of Nations in Tanzania, noting that the Ghanaian players are very physical and big for their age-group.

The players Garba is planning to invite for the training camp are small, legitimate schoolboys, so they will find it difficult to compete with Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Ivory Coast, Benin and Togo except they are properly trained for a long time before the regional qualifiers.

Whilst Ghana have started building a team for the qualifiers and even some of their outstanding players have traveled to Europe to undergo trials with clubs interested in their services, there is no fixed date for the start of the Golden Eaglets get-together.

The most successful nation in the history of the Fifa U17 World Cup did not qualify for the last edition of the tournament after losing 3-2 to Niger in the second round of the African qualifiers.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27463
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46pm On May 05, 2018
May 4 report

Golden Eaglets open training camp in Abuja Thursday with 40 players

Nigeria U17 team, the Golden Eaglets, will open training camp in Abuja on Thursday (May 10) with an initial 40 invited players, officials have told SCORENigeria.

It was further gathered that the 40 invited players were those scouted variously by the team’s coaches.

The Eaglets will be led by Manu Garba to be assisted by Nduka Ugbade, a partnership that saw the country win a fourth U17 FIFA World Cup five years ago.

The team are billed for a tough qualifying tournament, which will for the first time be played on a zonal basis, with arch-rivals Ghana hosting, and involving Nigeria, with the overall winners advancing to the tournament proper next year.

Source: http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/04/golden-eaglets-open-training-camp-in-abuja-thursday-with-40-players/
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:35am On May 12, 2018
Exclusive – Golden Eaglet ( Nigeria U17) Finally Get Resumption Date For Invited Players

After series of postponement the Nigeria U17 team have finally gotten a date for players of the team to arrive camp for training , Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.
As confirmed by this portal two months ago in an interview with the coach of the team Manu Garba, the coach has shelved the idea of open trial as a means of selecting players.

The coach has instead gone round the country with other members of his technical crew and spotted players eligible for the team, and they are the players he will have in his camp.

They are expected to resume camping in Abuja on Sunday ahead of the start of training on Monday with the coach keen to hit the ground running as the new qualifying format requires early preparations.
As opposed to last time, a mini tournament among the various CAF regions will be staged with the regional champions securing passage to the African Youth Championship, which will serve as the final stage of qualifiers for the World Youth Championship.

**Shedrack Obi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/11/exclusive-golden-eaglet-nigeria-u17-finally-get-resumption-date-for-invited-players/
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:05am On May 18, 2018
Gatecrashers’ Swell U17 (Golden Eaglet) Training Number To Close To 400 Players

Uninvited players have taken over the training session of the Nigeria U17 team who have started training ahead of their upcoming task of qualifying for the African Youth Championship.

Coach of the team Manu Garba invited 40 players, carefully selected from a scouting mission by the coach and other members of his technical crew upon their appointment.

The aim of the coach was to curb the usual tedious process of having too many players turn up for screening when they resume training but his intention has suffered a set back.

Manu Garba and the other technical crew members spent over five hours in yesterday’s training session witnessed by Owngoalnigeria.com assessing players who turned up at the goal project pitch in Abuja for assessment.

Players picked from the over 400 players who were there yesterday were later grouped alongside the ones who were invited by the technical crew, and they had their own session after the uninvited players have been prune down to a sizeable amount.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/16/gatecrashers-swell-u17-golden-eaglet-training-number-to-close-to-400-players/
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2018
Nigeria U17 Screening – Coaches Still Searching For Right Full Backs & Central Defenders

The screening of players who will form the next batch of U17 players for Nigeria resumed today with Owngoalnigeria.com present at the venue to witness the session.
A total of over 250 players were spotted by our correspondent who also commended the efforts of the technical crew in ensuring that players who turned up for the screening are given enough time to express themselves.

So far the players who have impressed during the screening exercise which has been on for a week now are mostly forward players, particularly midfielders and strikers.
One of the coaches revealed that their search has been narrowed down to two areas even though they are not entirely convinced by the options available to them in the goalkeeping department.

The area of priority remains the right full back slot as many who have played in the position are not at the level the coaches are looking for unlike in the left full back spot, where options have been noted.

Central defence is a major concern for most youth teams of Nigeria and this time around, same problem has been confirmed to be very much alive during the screening exercise, starting from few options in terms of numbers to abilities even when the number is high.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/21/nigeria-u17-screening-coaches-still-searching-for-right-full-backs-central-defenders/
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Golden Eaglets Coach Manu Garba Scouts 'Big' Ghana U17 Players, Neglected By NFF

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria U17 coach Manu Garba has returned to the country after a scouting trip to Ghana, where he traveled to monitor two-time world champions Black Starlets.

Since February 2018, Garba and his lieutenants have been pleading with the Nigeria Football Federation for the Golden Eaglets to start preparations for the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations Zone 3 (West B Zone) qualifiers without success.

And after the head coach's trip to Ghana, he has admitted that the Golden Eaglets face a tall order in their bid to qualify for the Africa U-17 Cup of Nations in Tanzania, noting that the Ghanaian players are very physical and big for their age-group.

The players Garba is planning to invite for the training camp are small, legitimate schoolboys, so they will find it difficult to compete with Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Ivory Coast, Benin and Togo except they are properly trained for a long time before the regional qualifiers.

Whilst Ghana have started building a team for the qualifiers and even some of their outstanding players have traveled to Europe to undergo trials with clubs interested in their services, there is no fixed date for the start of the Golden Eaglets get-together.

The most successful nation in the history of the Fifa U17 World Cup did not qualify for the last edition of the tournament after losing 3-2 to Niger in the second round of the African qualifiers.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

They have started again. Tomorrow they will axe the team's coaches.

Look at them frustrating our desires to produce more talents for the national teams.
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:51pm On May 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Wait! So CAF has zoned Nigeria with these countries and assigned a slot to them. If Nigeria, Ghana and CIV are made to fight for one ticket to the CAF U17, then which are the teams in the other 6 zones to fight for the other tickets? Being that the hosts Tanzania already has one. I will presume the other West African zone will have likes of Mali, Guinea, Senegal, Niger, and maybe Benin, Gambia and the likes. These two zones have all the countries that have done anything meaningful at the U17 level. That means West Africa were assigned only 2 teams to the CAF U17 when we most times produce all the 4 teams to the U17 World Cup!!!! Plus West Africa has the highest number of footballing nations in Africa and plus this is an age grade that we are the best in the World!!

Who were those that agreed to this nonsense zoning for U17 qualifiers? What were the West African Football Federation officials looking at?
Is this a ploy by the Madagasy CAF President to create more room for youth football development in his sub-region, South Africa?

For God's sakes how can CAF make Nigeria, Ghana and CIV battle for one ticket for the CAF U17 when they are 3 of the top 4 teams in Africa at this level (the 4th team is Mali).

To add salt to injury, the NFF have planned to fail already by failing to start preparations early.

Another Hiatus awaits us. angry

1 Like

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2018
Funny how Dad just dey discover the task ahead of us.... Hahahahahahahahaha... Something wey man don digest tey tey sef... Anyway, Chief Icon4s... Relax... The team is in camp and already making headways ahead of the big task. But honestly, this method by CAF is not funny at all.
I just got latest reports a few hours ago from a friend in Abuja shaa on the progress made by the Manu Garba-tutored Golden Eaglets. He says all is looking well so far but some gaps remain to be filled.

Meanwhile, the channels kids Cup don Start since about 1 or 2 days now I think (not sure) and these are some pics... Teams from Anambra, Lagos, Oyo, Kwara, Ekiti, Ghana, Benin Rep. And more all involved...

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:39am On May 26, 2018
Nigeria Beat United States, Netherlands To Feyenoord Super Kid, Gets Maiden Call-Up

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the Nigeria Football Federation have won the race for the services of highly-rated Feyenoord striker Lateef Omidiji Jnr, beating the Netherlands and United States in the process.
Born in Las Vegas, USA, Omidiji is poised to start his journey with Nigeria that will go from their youth teams to the Super Eagles after accepting an invitation to attend a Nigeria U15 training camp ahead of the African Youth Games that will hold in Algiers July 17 to July 27, 2018.

Subject to receiving the green light from Feyenoord, the 14-year-old is expected to join the U15s get-together in Abuja this coming week.

He trained with the United States U14s late 2016 but has turned down up to fourteen invitations to play for the Americans since after that training camp in California.

His decision to play for Nigeria is a coup, a huge coup, by the Nigerian Federation as they went above and beyond to assure Omidiji that he's the future of the national team, from President Amaju Pinnick to the rest of the Board who have showed commitment to youth football.

The Nigerian Federation have made a huge statement to integrate a promising player early and not wait till other nations snag him as in the cases of Ross Barkley, Dele Alli and David Alaba.

Nigeria U15 Invitees

Obinna Franklin Agha, Lateef Omidiji Jnr, Babatunde Oluwatobi Adeleke, Ibrahim Inuwa Mohammed, Moses Olaitan Aluko, Sulaimon Oluwasegun Lawal, Bala Ezekiel, Umar Suleiman, Samson Komolafe, Ifeanyi Obeta, Ismail Iyanda Ayodele, Peter Damian Ogueri, Ebiwari Pere, Anthony Okoronkwo, Divine Nwachukwu, David Chidera Ejiofor, Abubakar Manu Sa’idu, Faisal Yakubu, Japhet Sesugh, Shirsha, Markjohn Aule, precious Onyesom, Umar Nura Lawal, Usman Mohammed Ibrahim, Anderson Amaraegbo, Ahmed Yusufu Musa, Hamza Dauda, Gabriel Haruna Adejoh, Samuel Abdul, Abdulhakim Ahmad Daneji

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27888
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:43am On May 26, 2018

“Getting an invite to play for Nigeria is a dream and I am very prepared,” he told Goal.
“I’ve always been ready to play for the country so I’m looking forward to meeting up with my teammates and coaches as well as contributing my part to the success of the team.
“I want to use this medium to thank the senior players who have always encouraged me as well as the Nigeria Football Federation.

Source: Goal
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

“Getting an invite to play for Nigeria is a dream and I am very prepared,” he told Goal.
“I’ve always been ready to play for the country so I’m looking forward to meeting up with my teammates and coaches as well as contributing my part to the success of the team.
“I want to use this medium to thank the senior players who have always encouraged me as well as the Nigeria Football Federation.

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2018
Good one
TheSuperNerd:

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
Feyenoord Striker At The Double As Nigeria U15s Thrash World Cup-Bound Falconets

Feyenoord wonderkid Lateef Omidiji Jnr enhanced his growing reputation with a brace for the Nigeria U15s in their 6-2 rout of Nigeria Women's U20 national team in a friendly on Wednesday.
Nigeria U17 squad and coaching staff commended Lateef after the game, tipped him to have a bright future and hailed him as the golden boy.
The 14-year-old Arsenal-linked starlet gave the Nigeria U15s the lead with a a Cruyffed in backheel that had the spectators go nuts.

An own goal saw the Nigeria schoolboys double their advantage before Omidiji further stretched the lead with a brilliant shot from outside the box that left the goalie at a standstill.
He subbed out five minutes after the intermission with the game out of hand and his team scored three more goals, while the Falconets netted twice.
His teammates are literally watching a boy they've read about actually do the deed in their presence and they're loving it.
Lateef Omidiji's paternal grandfather was among the spectators that watched the friendly in Abuja.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=28139
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by Joebie: 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
Manu Garba Picks 60 From Screening Exercise For MRI Scan

Busybuddies Busybuddies
1 min ago

Head coach of Nigeria’s male U-17 team, Golden Eaglets, Manu Garba has selected 60 players from a one-month screening exercise for Magnetic Resonance Imagery (MRI) scan.

Manu Garba and his coaching crew have been screening players for the better of the last one month.

The screening exercise led to the selection of 60 players for the dreaded MRI scan.
However, reports from the team’s Abuja camp via megasportarena claim that Manu Garba is not certain all the players will scale through the MRI scan.

This prompted his decision to pick a large number for the scan thus preventing a reoccurrence of what happened the last time when few players from his squad were selected, but several first teamers failed to scale through the scan.

Eight out of the first XI players failed the scan and that led to Manu Garba relying on several players outside their pool thereby playing a big role towards Golden Eaglets’ inability to scale through the 2017 African U-17 Nations Cup qualifiers against neighbours Niger Republic.

Manu Garba and his wards have already started playing friendly games in Abuja as they step up preparations for the 2019 African U-17 Nations Cup qualifiers.

This time, the qualifiers will be played based on regional format rather than the usual continental format.

Nigeria will campaign in the West African region for the right to book a spot in Tanzania 2019, which will serve as qualifying determinant for the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Peru.

The team will contest for a spot in Tanzania via West Africa Zone B alongside Benin Republic, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Niger Republic and Togo.
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24am On Aug 25, 2018
Eaglets submit final squad, depart for zonal qualifiers in Niger Wednesday

Nigeria U17s today (friday) submitted to CAF a final 20-man squad from a preliminary list of 25 players for next month’s U17 AFCON zonal qualifiers in Niger.

Officials told SCORENigeria they are now due to depart for Niger on Wednesday, August 29.

Contrary to what team officials have said, the MRI age scan accounted for several of their first-team players leading up to this zonal seven-team qualifiers.

“We have done well, but we need to work on our finishing,” said coach Manu Garba.

“I’m optimistic we have a team who can stand the test of time.

“We will take every match as it comes. We intend to win every match we play in Niger nd by winning every match, we hope to pick the sole (qualifying) ticket (to the next stage of the competition).”

The Eaglets will play their opening Group B match on September 3 against Burkina Faso.

Source: ScoreNigeria

1 Like

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
No list released yet for the tourney? Na wa
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
Bournemouth GK Enters Nigeria History Books After Making Final Golden Eaglets Roster For AFCON Qualifiers - From Aug 25.

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Bournemouth youth-team goalkeeper, Joseph, has entered into the Nigeria history books by becoming the first foreign-based player to be included in the Golden Eaglets squad list for the Africa U17 Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Since the Africa U17 Cup of Nations qualifiers started, no player representing a professional club abroad has managed to make the final roster until now and the Cherries netminder is pushing to make the starting lineup when the Golden Eaglets play Burkina Faso in their opener on September 3.

Joseph is calm and confident in goal, has quick reflexes and good ball distribution, and does not panic in one-on-one situations.

Meanwhile, Nigeria U17 manager Manu Garba is confident that the national team will qualify for the 2019 U17 AFCON, adding that they have prepared well for the zonal qualifiers.

''We are almost in the finishing touches, we are in the last phase of preparation, the team has done very, very well in terms of physical fitness, technically and tactically, but we still have a little grey area to address,'' said Manu Garba.

''As you can see in today's (Thursday's) match, we created some chances. The team we played against are older, bigger and physically stronger so if they can meet their mates, the story will be different.

''The most important thing is the boys did very well by controlling possession and creating more chances than the opponents.

''I am optimistic that we have a team that can stand the test of time but we take every match as it comes, we intend to win every match we play in Niger. By winning every match, the sole ticket is going to be for us God willing.''

The Golden Eaglets thrashed Lead Soccer International FC of Lagos 3-0 in Thursday's friendly and will play another friendly on Saturday, August 25.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: ANS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2018
Golden Eaglets now depart for Niger Friday, tasked to win U17 AFCON zonal qualifiers

The Golden Eaglets will now depart for the zonal qualifiers for the 2019 U17 AFCON in Niger Friday and the team have been charged to qualify for the tournament proper in Tanzania next year.

According to the Amaju Pinnick-led NFF executives, who met in Abuja Monday, the U17s will leave for Niger on Friday.

The team were originally scheduled to depart Abuja Wednesday.

The Eaglets have also been tasked to win the zonal qualifiers so as to advance to the 2019 U17 AFCON in Tanzania.

The Nigerian boys will begin their campaign in Niger on September 3 against Burkina Faso.

Benin Republic and Cote d’Ivoire are also drawn in Group B.

1 Like

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Bournemouth GK Enters Nigeria History Books After Making Final Golden Eaglets Roster For AFCON Qualifiers - From Aug 25.

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Bournemouth youth-team goalkeeper, Joseph, has entered into the Nigeria history books by becoming the first foreign-based player to be included in the Golden Eaglets squad list for the Africa U17 Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Since the Africa U17 Cup of Nations qualifiers started, no player representing a professional club abroad has managed to make the final roster until now and the Cherries netminder is pushing to make the starting lineup when the Golden Eaglets play Burkina Faso in their opener on September 3.

Joseph is calm and confident in goal, has quick reflexes and good ball distribution, and does not panic in one-on-one situations.

Meanwhile, Nigeria U17 manager Manu Garba is confident that the national team will qualify for the 2019 U17 AFCON, adding that they have prepared well for the zonal qualifiers.

''We are almost in the finishing touches, we are in the last phase of preparation, the team has done very, very well in terms of physical fitness, technically and tactically, but we still have a little grey area to address,'' said Manu Garba.

''As you can see in today's (Thursday's) match, we created some chances. The team we played against are older, bigger and physically stronger so if they can meet their mates, the story will be different.

''The most important thing is the boys did very well by controlling possession and creating more chances than the opponents.

''I am optimistic that we have a team that can stand the test of time but we take every match as it comes, we intend to win every match we play in Niger. By winning every match, the sole ticket is going to be for us God willing.''

The Golden Eaglets thrashed Lead Soccer International FC of Lagos 3-0 in Thursday's friendly and will play another friendly on Saturday, August 25.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Bamgboye was based in Qatar when he got selected.
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by JoebieII: 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2018
Manu Garba Unveils 20 Man List For U-17 World Youth Championship Qualifiers In Niger
August 31, 2018 0198

Coach of the Nigerian U17 team Manu Garba has released his 20 man list of players who wil represent Nigeria at the WAFU B Championship, which will serve as qualifiers for the African U17 Championship.

Already the Nigerian team have arrived in Niamey, and they will play their first game against Burkina Faso on Monday before taking on Cote d’Ivoire on Thursday with their final group game against Benin Republic scheduled for Sunday next week.

Head coach of the Nigerian team Manu Garba and four players from the team will join the rest of the team in Niger on Saturday after they couldn’t secure seats on the plane that flew the rest of the squad earlier today.

A total of three goalkeepers, seven defenders, eight midfielders and three forwards were named by Manu Garba in his 20 man list for the tournament.

20 EAGLETS FOR WAFU B TOURNEY

Goalkeepers: John Ikedinachukwu Amah, Joseph John Essien, Joseph Ayomide Oluwabusola

Defenders: David Akulo Ishaya, Sunday Cletus Odey, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, Sani Abacha Suleiman, Muhammad Ibrahim, Adam Agba’a Mustapha

Midfielders: Samson Okikiola Tijani, Hassan Hussaini, Saviour Johnson Isaac, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Peter Agba, Babatunde Jimoh Akinsola, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Akinwunmi Ayobami Amoo

Forwards: Oluwatimilehin Lawrence Adeniyi, Olakunle Olusegun Junior, Favour Akem

--OGN
Cc solonnachi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by solonnachi: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2018
JoebieII:
Manu Garba Unveils 20 Man List For U-17 World Youth Championship Qualifiers In Niger
August 31, 2018 0198

Coach of the Nigerian U17 team Manu Garba has released his 20 man list of players who wil represent Nigeria at the WAFU B Championship, which will serve as qualifiers for the African U17 Championship.

Already the Nigerian team have arrived in Niamey, and they will play their first game against Burkina Faso on Monday before taking on Cote d’Ivoire on Thursday with their final group game against Benin Republic scheduled for Sunday next week.

Head coach of the Nigerian team Manu Garba and four players from the team will join the rest of the team in Niger on Saturday after they couldn’t secure seats on the plane that flew the rest of the squad earlier today.

A total of three goalkeepers, seven defenders, eight midfielders and three forwards were named by Manu Garba in his 20 man list for the tournament.

20 EAGLETS FOR WAFU B TOURNEY

Goalkeepers: John Ikedinachukwu Amah, Joseph John Essien, Joseph Ayomide Oluwabusola

Defenders: David Akulo Ishaya, Sunday Cletus Odey, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, Sani Abacha Suleiman, Muhammad Ibrahim, Adam Agba’a Mustapha

Midfielders: Samson Okikiola Tijani, Hassan Hussaini, Saviour Johnson Isaac, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Peter Agba, Babatunde Jimoh Akinsola, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Akinwunmi Ayobami Amoo

Forwards: Oluwatimilehin Lawrence Adeniyi, Olakunle Olusegun Junior, Favour Akem

--OGN
Cc solonnachi

Thank you so much Mr Joebiell. Hope these boys will perform sha?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by JoebieII: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2018
you are welcome.. only time will tell grin
solonnachi:

Thank you so much Mr Joebiell. Hope these boys will perform sha?
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by Banmeallday: 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
Do they get the same type of support those in France and England get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDX93IX_95s
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
Republic of Benin Taunt Golden Eaglets: Your Boys Are Too Small, We'll Beat Them Silly

Republic of Benin have boasted that they will thrash the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria when they clash at the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations in Republic of the Niger.

The Benin U-17 players shared the same flight with the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria en route Niamey on Friday 31st August, 2018.

Though the Nigeria vs Republic of Benin game is the last fixture of Group B, Beninese FA Vice President Didavi Bruno could not hold back his excitement as he fired a salvo at the Nigerian contingent.

''We are on fire, your boys are too small, we will beat them silly. Your boys are small-small boys, we are pepper,'' the thick and roundly looking official boasted among other things.

Nigeria Golden Eaglets players and officials did not give a response but smiled while they seemed focused on their journey.

Meanwhile the Golden Eaglets are focused on winning their first game against Burkina Faso on Monday, September 3.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

2 Likes

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ugbade tips Eaglets for glory in Niamey

The contingent of Nigeria’s U17 boys, Golden Eaglets, has arrived in Niamey, capital of Niger Republic for the WAFU B U17 Tournament which serves as the qualifying competition for the 2019 Africa U17 Cup of Nations.

Assistant coach of the team, Nduka Ugbade has reposed his trust in the ability of the Eaglets for a successful conquest in Niamey.

“I believe if there is any team capable of winning the competition, then that side must be Nigeria,” Ugbade told Footballlive.ng.

“There is no doubt that we are simply the best. The failure of not qualifying for the U17 Nations Cup 2017 is still fresh in our minds.

“It is too early to say though that we will last the length of the tournament, it is becoming clear by each passing day that we can make it, and that of course depends on whether we could sustain our performance,” he asserted.

A total of 16 players and members of the technical crew and backroom staff departed Abuja aboard an ASKY airline flight on Friday morning. The remaining four players as well as Head Coach Manu Garba and Team Administrator Sirajo Hassan, who could not travel on Friday as there were not enough seats available on the flight, flew from Abuja on Saturday morning.

The tournament in Niamey will kickoff on Sunday.

Source: FootballliveNG

1 Like

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2018
Manu Puts Trust In Bournemouth Goalkeeper

Golden Eaglets coach, Manu Garba is set to bank on Bournemouth of England youth team goalkeeper, Joseph Ayomide Oluwabusola in the search for glory at the zonal qualifies for the African U-17 Nations Cup in Niamey, Niger Republic.

Oluwabusola is poised to make his international debut for Nigeria, as a member of the Eaglets’ 20-player squad list for the qualifiers, in which they first play against Burkina Faso on Monday.

Manu selected three goalkeepers, six defenders, eight midfielders and three strikers, with five of the 20 players for the tournament from the U15 National Team, Future Eagles.

A total of 16 players and members of the technical crew and backroom staff departed Abuja aboard an ASKY airline flight on Friday morning.
The remaining four players as well as Manu and Team Administrator Sirajo Hassan, who could not travel on Friday as there were not enough seats available on the flight, will fly from Abuja on Saturday morning.
The Eaglets will play their first match of the tournament on Monday, against their Burkina Faso counterparts, before taking on Cote d’Ivoire on Thursday and Benin Republic next week Sunday.

Source: FootballliveNG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
Eaglets undergo another age test in Niger, hosts open U17 AFCON qualifiers vs Togo tomorrow

The Golden Eaglets have undergone another round of MRI age test in Niger ahead of tomorrow’s opening game of the U17 AFCON zonal qualifiers between the hosts and Togo.

All seven teams at this zonal qualifiers will also undergo the MRI test.

Officials informed SCORENigeria that the opening match between hosts Niger and Togo will kick off by 4pm tomorrow.

Nigeria will open their own campaign on Monday against Burkina Faso.

Kick-off time is 4pm, also.

Cote d’Ivoire and Benin Republic are also in the same group with the Eaglets.

2 Likes

Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2018
The Benin players were taunting our boys calling them small boys and bragging that they will beat our boys. Let's see
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Republic of Benin Taunt Golden Eaglets: Your Boys Are Too Small, We'll Beat Them Silly

Republic of Benin have boasted that they will thrash the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria when they clash at the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations in Republic of the Niger.

The Benin U-17 players shared the same flight with the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria en route Niamey on Friday 31st August, 2018.

Though the Nigeria vs Republic of Benin game is the last fixture of Group B, Beninese FA Vice President Didavi Bruno could not hold back his excitement as he fired a salvo at the Nigerian contingent.

''We are on fire, your boys are too small, we will beat them silly. Your boys are small-small boys, we are pepper,'' the thick and roundly looking official boasted among other things.

Nigeria Golden Eaglets players and officials did not give a response but smiled while they seemed focused on their journey.

Meanwhile the Golden Eaglets are focused on winning their first game against Burkina Faso on Monday, September 3.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

We should be thanking this guy for firing up our troops. Let's see who laugh's last.
Re: The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup by solonnachi: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

We should be thanking this guy for firing up our troops. Let's see who laugh's last.

Benin U17 team has been disqualified from the competition for registering 10 overaged players according to CAF MRI test.

Nigerian U17 skipper was also disqualified. We now have 15 outfield players & 3 keepers. Niger too had one player disqualified. Are you sure we can win this competition?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Qatar 2022: Pinnick Meets London-Based Super Eagles Players (Pictures) / Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games / "We Are Good" - NFF President Pinnick Says, After Alleged Snub From Moses & Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.