Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,884 members, 7,806,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP (48474 Views)

Controversy As Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone ‘earlier Launched’ By Jonathan / Nigeria Air Force Drone Hits Boko Haram Terrorists Target In Sambisa Forest. / President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2018

PMB after reading the new PDP and ipob lies

Me sef laugh too...

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Tuprelo: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2018
Its now clear to me why successive govts fail to deliver. Very simple- the CRAB MENTALITY. Any govt out of power tries every means possible to make the govt in power to fail in order to gain cheap political points. But at the end of all this it is the masses the suffers poor governance while the politicians continue to enjoy. #OUR MUMU DON TAY.
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by 9jaArea: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
bigboss80s:
Smh..."so many other things." These are the people in charge of our military. Nigeria is in trouble.

These are the same people who just paid about $500 million for fighter planes from the US, except they are toys and not fighter jets. Those jets don't have a single rocket or ammunition of any sort. What's worse? They cannot be repaired or maintained in any way by Nigerians and must be shipped off to the US for maintenance.

And the clueless man flew off to commission. I wonder if this man even knows what is going on around him. He looks like a walking corpse.
Stop showing your ignorance in public just to get likes on Nairaland.

"The weapons and ammunition include 100 GBU-12 (500 lb) Paveway II Tailkits; 100 GBU-58 (250 lb) Paveway II Tailkits; 400 Laser Guided Rockets including Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) rounds; 2000 MK-81 (250 lb) bombs; 5000 2.75 inch (70 mm) Hydra 70 unguided rockets; 1000 2.75 inch Hydra 70 unguided rockets (practice); and 20000 rounds of .50 calibre machinegun ammunition.
The APKWS is a low cost semi-active laser guidance kit developed by BAE Systems, which is added to unguided 70 mm rockets, turning them into precision strike weapons.
Similarly, the Paveway II, developed by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, uses semi-active laser guidance to turn Mk 81 and Mk 82 general purpose bombs into guided weapons.
The DSCA said the sale includes the tailkits to transform Nigeria’s existing 500-lb and 250-lb bomb bodies into GBU-12s and GBU-58s respectively, and that Nigeria is also buying additional GBU-58s/Mk 81 bombs.
The proposed sale also includes seven AN/AAQ-22F electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) sensor and laser designator turrets, spares, support equipment, facilities infrastructure and hangar construction, night vision devices, simulators, and software."
It's only in Nigeria that a fighter aircraft with precision kill weapons be called a toy.
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by 9jaArea: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
michoim:
False report. Handiwork of PDP. If GEJ commissioned any drone in the time past ; can't another president commission another type of drone? Mumu PDP...
Don't mind them, Nigerians ignorantly support them.
There's a clear difference from the 2 UAVs starting from the wing span, hours of operational endurance, payload, flight ceiling among others. Gulma was a prototype and Tsaigumi is an operational UAV
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by AreaFada2: 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
Lol.

Nothing from this FG surprises me again. I expect anything.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Myde4naija(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
OurworkComNg1:
na wa o.

propagandacrazy is the

government of lying for the lies by the liars

abeg, leave their lies and check my signature jare
ur signature is a lie as well
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
bigboss80s:
Smh..."so many other things." These are the people in charge of our military. Nigeria is in trouble.

These are the same people who just paid about $500 million for fighter planes from the US, except they are toys and not fighter jets. Those jets don't have a single rocket or ammunition of any sort. What's worse? They cannot be repaired or maintained in any way by Nigerians and must be shipped off to the US for maintenance.

And the clueless man flew off to commission. I wonder if this man even knows what is going on around him. He looks like a walking corpse.

Nigeria’s Super Tucano contract includes Paveway II guided bombs, laser-guided rockets and infrared sensors in addition to 12 aircraft, the United States government has revealed.

The US Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) on 3 August announced the possible Foreign Military Sale of 12 A-29 Super Tucano aircraft, along with weapons, spares and training, to Nigeria in a contract that could be worth $593 million.

Congress was notified on 2 August, but more details emerged in the US Federal Register on 28 August.

In publishing the unclassified text of the arms sales notification, the Federal Register revealed Nigeria has requested Paveway II and Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) laser-guidance kits and ammunition. It lists these items as “major defence equipment” valued at $29 million, while the “other” component of the deal, for the Super Tucanos, sensors, training and support, is valued at $564 million.

The weapons and ammunition includes 100 GBU-12 (500 lb) Paveway II Tailkits; 100 GBU-58 (250 lb) Paveway II Tailkits; 400 Laser Guided Rockets including Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) rounds; 2 000 MK-81 (250 lb) bombs; 5 000 2.75 inch (70 mm) Hydra 70 unguided rockets; 1 000 2.75 inch Hydra 70 unguided rockets (practice); and 20 000 rounds of .50 calibre machine gun ammunition.

The APKWS is a low cost semi-active laser guidance kit developed by BAE Systems which is added to unguided 70 mm rockets, turning them into precision strike weapons. Similarly, the Paveway II, developed by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, uses semi-active laser guidance to turn Mk 81 and Mk 82 general purpose bombs into guided weapons. The DSCA said the sale includes the tail kits to transform Nigeria’s existing 500-lb and 250-lb bomb bodies into GBU-12s and GBU-58s respectively, and that Nigeria is also buying additional GBU-58s/Mk 81 bombs.

The proposed sale also includes seven AN/AAQ-22F electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) sensor and laser designator turrets, spares, support equipment, facilities infrastructure and hangar construction, night vision devices, simulators, and software. Training will cover pilot and maintenance instruction and human rights and international humanitarian law. FLIR’s Brite Star system comprises a large format thermal imager and colour daylight camera with laser designator for terminal guidance of laser-guided bombs and rockets.

The DSCA notice said the 12 Super Tucanos will support Nigerian military operations against terrorist organization Boko Haram and to counter illicit trafficking in Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea.

The Super Tucano is a sustainable platform for counterterrorism, counter insurgency, border surveillance, and illicit trade interdiction operations.

The proposed sale will support U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping Nigeria to meet shared counterterrorism objectives for the region.

This proposed sale will strengthen the U.S. security relationship with Africa’s largest democracy.

The prime contractor is the Sierra Nevada Corporation…. The company is building Super Tucanos for the Afghan Air Force and Lebanon at its US facility.

http://www.sldinfo.com/while-the-usaf-conducts-an-experiment-the-us-government-leverages-super-tucano/

Where do you Igbos get your news from?

From your akpu village square gatherings?

Den don take ignorance and illiteracy swear for you?

grin grin
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by sanpipita(m): 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
deomelllo:

From your own link, please show us where Badeh uttered the word certified operational for battlefield?

You need to stop lying.

Nah I cant continue arguing senselessly with you, it's obvious you are set out to twist facts, I wish you luck in destroying your country with lies

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
sanpipita:

Nah I cant continue arguing senselessly with you, it's obvious you are set out to twist facts, I wish you luck in destroying your country with lies

How I'm I twisting your facts?

You provided a link stating that Badeh declared the rubbish jona commissioned operational, but in the same link, Badeh did not say anything about that rubbish being operational.

Can you even cut and paste the quote where he declared that nonsense operational?

Stop crying, you lied and I busted your lies.
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Reptyle(m): 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
Needless and pointless controversy as usual. GEJ commissioned a prototype UAV called GULMA. PMB commissioned an improved and operational version of GULMA called TSAIGUMI.

2 President's, 2 phases of the same project; one country, Nigeria.

Did GEJ commission the first locally built UAV? Yes!

Did PMB commission the first "operational" UAV? Yes!

Will another President commission the planned Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV)? Yes!

These calls for celebration and not pointless brickbats.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Ngokafor(f): 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
Fukafuka:
grin

Are those your siblings or kids??...i can see you are very proud of them lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Reptyle(m): 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
Oh let me add that before GULMA, there were another series of prototypes called AMEBO.

We have researches and prototypes going back all the way to 2007.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-33115/
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by OurworkComNg1: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Myde4naija:
ur signature is a lie as well

lool...i am not part of the propagandacrazy so my signature is not a lie o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by sanpipita(m): 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
deomelllo:

How I'm I twisting your facts?

You provided a link stating that Badeh declared the rubbish jona commissioned operational, but in the same link, Badeh did not say anything about that rubbish being operational.

Can you even cut and paste the quote where he declared that nonsense operational?

You think I have enough time on my hands to do a hatchet job for a failed govt? you are more interested in ranting like a thug this is what your paymasters only see you good at, let me know whenever the recently launched drone will be used in battlefield else you are just making noise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
[s]
sanpipita:

You think I have enough time on my hands to do a hatchet job for a failed govt? you are more interested in ranting like a thug this is what your paymasters only see you good at, let me know whenever the recently launched drone will be used in battlefield else you are just making noise.
[/s]

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by bubu2019: 10:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
Vicboi1:
Let just force one forget about who commissions it and focus of making it work and maintaining it government is a continuous process. Anywhere one stops the other should continue it..
I think we have overgrown blame games
akpa amu ewu maintainance
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
teufelein:
What they will never tell you is that, these drone technologies are being built under the conceptualization, guidance and direct supervision of the Provost of the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, Institute of Technology, Prof. Emmanuel Ezugwu.
Now, you know why they have vowed never to let the Igbo go?

And the APC members in the air force lying on how the one GEJ commissioned was not working. With that statement alone, he ought to be arrested to had presented fake drone to the president to commissioned.

The question is. How are we sure this same drone is working?

They failed to tell us the components of this drone.
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
Jolar101:

And the APC members in the air force lying on how the one GEJ commissioned was not working. With that statement alone, he ought to be arrested to had presented fake drone to the president to commissioned.

The question is. How are we sure this same drone is working?

They failed to tell us the components of this drone.

Production of Nigerian Gulma UAV underway

Written by defenceWeb, Thursday, 29 May 2014

The Gulma UAV.Full scale production of Nigeria’s indigenous Gulma unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) is still ongoing and the aircraft has not yet been deployed, according to the Nigerian Air Force.

The NAF was responding to criticism that it did not use UAVs to search for more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants. The NAF’s fleet of Israeli nine Aeronautics Defence Systems Aerostar UAVs, acquired in 2006/7, is not operational due to a lack of maintenance.

NAF spokesman Air Commodore Yusuf Anas said the Gulma was a prototype and that is why it had not been operationally deployed. The Gulma was unveiled in a ceremony on 17 December last year.

The NAF in 2014 under jona admitted that the rubbish their oga jona commissioned was just a non-deployable prototype.

Btw, any reason why they should tell you the drone components? For what? Is this how drone manufacturers post their technical data, security and trade secrets on the internet?

Were you also troubled that jona did not share with you the components of the ogbanje drone he commissioned?
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 18, 2018
deomelllo:

The NAF in 2014 under jona admitted that the rubbish their oga jona commissioned was just a non-deployable prototype.

Btw, any reason why they should tell you the drone components? For what? Is this how drone manufacturers post their technical data, security and trade secrets on the internet?

Were you also troubled that jona did not share with you the components of the ogbanje drone he commissioned?
Objection.

It is my right to know the components of this drone, if there is any drone, as a taxpayer, I am demanding for components of this thing.
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by ocelot2006(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2018
Konskott:
Airforce spokesperson says Jona commissioned a dummy, while Buhari is commisioning the real thing. Is the difference still not understood by PDP braggists who allege that Buhari is recommissioning the same thing a second time. .

Gulma was a "dummy"? You probably need to watch the YouTube video. Watch the " dummy " fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1L_AxHXXw
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by ocelot2006(m): 12:59am On Feb 18, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by ocelot2006(m): 1:08am On Feb 18, 2018
duni04:
The Air force spokesperson clarified everything so i don't get the confusion! The one Jonathan commissioned was a prototype. It wasn't functional or operational. We never heard any reports of the Air force conducting any air strikes in the North East with a drone during Jonathan's regime.
The one Buhari just commissioned can conduct air strikes and is functional. So what are you dumbasses on nairaland ranting about Buhari again?

Again, ABSOLUTE TRASH. Who bought NAF's CH-3A UCAVs? Answer: the GEJ administration. And these were used EXTENSIVELY during same administration. So please stow the hogwash.
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 2:32am On Feb 18, 2018
Jolar101:

Objection.

It is my right to know the components of this drone, if there is any drone, as a taxpayer, I am demanding for components of this thing.

lol @ ipob comedians...

Buzz off abeg...
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 2:42am On Feb 18, 2018
ocelot2006:

Again, ABSOLUTE TRASH. Who bought NAF's CH-3A UCAVs? Answer: the GEJ administration. And these were used EXTENSIVELY during same administration. So please stow the hogwash.

Yes, he bought that trash from China and it crashed, just like the decommissioned and obsolete jets that cannot fight or even carry weapons he bought fro private collectors. We end up spending extra money to fight them with bomb racks just to be able to carry bombs
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by ocelot2006(m): 9:10am On Feb 18, 2018
deomelllo:

Yes, he bought that trash from China and it crashed, just like the decommissioned and obsolete jets that cannot fight or even carry weapons he bought fro private collectors. We end up spending extra money to fight them with bomb racks just to be able to carry bombs

You call the CH-3A UCAV trash just because we experienced only ONE CRASH?? Jesus, you Buhari fans are unbelievably brain dead! And please what decommissioned jet did he buy from private collectors? Or are you referring to the additional Alpha Jets purchased as ATTRITION REPLACEMENTS? At least most of the weapons used today to fight Boko Haram were purchased by the GEJ administration, including a considerable ISR assets we presently have. Others include:

Those new Main Battle Tanks (T-72M1, T-72OM)
Those new MRAPs (CS/VP3 Bigfoot, REVA, RG-31 Nyalas, Streit Spartan MK1s & 2s)
Those new attack helicopters (Mi-35M hinds, including those delivered under PMB's watch. Yeah, GEJ PAID for those)
Those new Light Scout & Utility Helicopters (Army Corp Gazelles helicopters)
The resuscitated Super Puma fleet
Those new Multiple Rocket Launch Systems (MRLS)
Those spanking new LCAVs
Those new assault rifles (Tavor TAR 21, Tavor MTAR 21, Beryl Assault rifles, FN P90, FN FS2000, IWI Galil ACE, Pechenegs, etc)
Those Marom Doplhine tactical vests
The rescusutated C-130 Hercules fleet
The upgrade of the F-7NI jet fleet to carry PGMs (precision guided munitions)
Those new UCAVs (CH-3As)
Those new ISR aircrafts
Those new light assault vehicles (land cruisers, hilux)
Those new Infantry Fighting Vehicles (BVP-1s)
Those new Police Bell helicopters
That police Public Land Mobile Network built by ZTE
Abuja's surveillance network
The nation's first data surveillance system

And what has the PMB administration purchased for the military and security services? Let's see...
1) Ten Polish Scorpion vehicles for the NAF regiment when PROFORCE produces much better vehicles
2)6 Super Mushkat trainer aircraft for BASIC TRAINING..... BASIC TRAINING!
3).......Uhmm....Uhmm....dassol...I think..

BTW don't include the Super Embraer combat planes as the deal is almost dead in the water no thanks to the stringent rules of the USA.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by deomelllo: 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
[s]
ocelot2006:

You call the CH-3A UCAV trash just because we experienced only ONE CRASH?? Jesus, you Buhari fans are unbelievably brain dead! And please what decommissioned jet did he buy from private collectors? Or are you referring to the additional Alpha Jets purchased as ATTRITION REPLACEMENTS? At least most of the weapons used today to fight Boko Haram were purchased by the GEJ administration, including a considerable ISR assets we presently have. Others include:

Those new Main Battle Tanks (T-72M1, T-72OM)
Those new MRAPs (CS/VP3 Bigfoot, REVA, RG-31 Nyalas, Streit Spartan MK1s & 2s)
Those new attack helicopters (Mi-35M hinds, including those delivered under PMB's watch. Yeah, GEJ PAID for those)
Those new Light Scout & Utility Helicopters (Army Corp Gazelles helicopters)
The resuscitated Super Puma fleet
Those new Multiple Rocket Launch Systems (MRLS)
Those spanking new LCAVs
Those new assault rifles (Tavor TAR 21, Tavor MTAR 21, Beryl Assault rifles, FN P90, FN FS2000, IWI Galil ACE, Pechenegs, etc)
Those Marom Doplhine tactical vests
The rescusutated C-130 Hercules fleet
The upgrade of the F-7NI jet fleet to carry PGMs (precision guided munitions)
Those new UCAVs (CH-3As)
Those new ISR aircrafts
Those new light assault vehicles (land cruisers, hilux)
Those new Infantry Fighting Vehicles (BVP-1s)
Those new Police Bell helicopters
That police Public Land Mobile Network built by ZTE
Abuja's surveillance network
The nation's first data surveillance system

And what has the PMB administration purchased for the military and security services? Let's see...
1) Ten Polish Scorpion vehicles for the NAF regiment when PROFORCE produces much better vehicles
2)6 Super Mushkat trainer aircraft for BASIC TRAINING..... BASIC TRAINING!
3).......Uhmm....Uhmm....dassol...I think..

BTW don't include the Super Embraer combat planes as the deal is almost dead in the water no thanks to the stringent rules of the USA.
[/s]

Abeg confine your fabricated and fake ipob regurgitation to your fellow Igbos.
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by ocelot2006(m): 10:04am On Feb 19, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Abeg confine your fabricated and fake ipob regurgitation to your fellow Igbos.

Hahaha!! Of course you zombie clowns can't handle the truth. That's why you tag me as "ipob", even though I'm neither Igbo or a supporter of ipob. Face it, your beloved Buhari is a FLOP, and folks like you are BRAINLESS JOKES. Get a brain transplant, dummy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From President Jonathan's Birthday Celebration This Morning. / Dapchi Girls: Air Force Jets Searching For Missing Students (Photos) / President Buhari Celebrates His 80th Birthday Party In Washington DC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.