Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

BSU Protest: Benue Students Claim 'snake' Swallowed Their School Fees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BSU Protest: Benue Students Claim 'snake' Swallowed Their School Fees (286 Views)

"Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics / 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN / 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BSU Protest: Benue Students Claim 'snake' Swallowed Their School Fees by owukpa(m): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
Some students of the Benue State University have explained why they are unable to pay their school fees.

DAILY POST reports that students of the institution frustrated academic activities over management’s refusal to allow them have access to the examination hall over unpaid school fees.

The authority consequently ordered the security to shut down the school till further notice.

However, when DAILY POST reporter approached some of the protesting students for comments, most of them blamed ‘snake’ for their inability to pay their fees.

A final year student of Business Administration, who simply gave his name as Sure, claimed a snake swallowed his fee.

“There’s no money anywhere, the little one I had was swallowed by snake,” he alleged while displaying a placard with the inscription, ‘snake swallowed our school fees.’

“I don’t want to spill over because this is my final exam. The management has to be considerate because of what the economy is saying. We will pay when the snake vomit the money,” Sure said as other students behind him chorus ‘yes’.

Another EXCO of the students union government, who would not want his name mentioned, said this was the first time students would be stopped from writing exams over unpaid fees.

“It has never happened in the history of this institution. Students would be allowed to write exams but would be allowed for clearance during graduation,” he said.

On his part, a student of the Theater Arts department also claimed a spiritual snaked sneaked into his house and carted away with his money.

“Oga journalist it is mysterious. I was to pay my school fees today but a spiritual snake entered my room and swallowed it. They should juts help me to write this final exam while I search for the snake,” he said amid laughter.

At the time of this report, students have blocked the Makurdi-Gboko road.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/16/bsu-protest-benue-students-claim-snake-swallowed-school-fees/

Lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: BSU Protest: Benue Students Claim 'snake' Swallowed Their School Fees by Ocheinstein(m): 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hilarious

(1) (Reply)

Why Some Candidate Couldnt Write JAMB 2018 UTME Mock Exam / Supply Chain And Logistics Management Training In Port Harcourt / NSUK Fresher’s Orientation Exercise Schedule For 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.