Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe (37499 Views)

Peter Okoye Exposes Fan Who Slammed His Music After Asking For Financial Help / Tboss Shames Follower Who Slammed Her Publicly But Begged Her Secretly / Biodun Okeowo Curses A Fan Who Slammed Her For "Not Taking Care Of Her Mother" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Tessyama1: 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
Singer, Hadiza Blell, better known by her stage name Di'Ja, has taken to her Instagram to address tribalism in Nigeria after a Twitter user called Hausa 'rubbish'.

According to her, she gets insults on a daily for being Hausa. She shared the above reply and wrote;

"I can understand the anger in the country. I can understand the disappointment most are feeling. I can understand the pain WE ALL feel when you just want things to work, but I cannot understand tribalism and insults in regards to personal life, personal religion and personal choice. Most of us are born into what we now know. THIS ISN’T EVEN AN INSULT compared to the ones I get on the daily based on being Hausa, (you don’t want to see my DMs ) but it serves a purpose for today. I did not destroy our country. WE ALL DID BY ALLOWING IGNORANCE TO PREVAIL. Tomorrow we will insult someone for being Yoruba; the next day on being Igbo; another day on being Idoma and so on. Keep in mind HORRIBLE/BAD POLITICIANS FEED AND THRIVE OFF A DIVIDED PEOPLE. We cannot expect the government to fix problems when we can’t fix US! You want change?! Then it is time you begin to change your mindset. SURPRISE YOURSELVES and come together regardless of your differences. It is the only technique we haven’t tried yet. It is only then can we be the change we are looking for! This is why MUSIC is my life because it surpasses all these man made divisions. Don’t be part of the system. Live above it and watch Nigeria become NIGERIA.
I will forever be proud of who I am, where I am from and what I am on my way to become and YOU SHOULD TOO.
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/02/hausa-not-rubbish-dija-replies-man-slammed-tribe.html

Cc; lalasticlala

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Sunexy(m): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
And that guy has barrister title to his name....truly, ignorance is not only for illiterates
cheesy

Modified
Don't judge a person by his/her race/tribe attributes...when u hear a foreigner say Nigerians are scammers and you aren't, you might get angry..
#avoidStereotyping
#sayNoToTribalism/Racism
grin

193 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by superdols(f): 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
Nicely said, Dija
The earlier we get rid of tribalism from our hearts, the better for us..

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by donstan18: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
She's right shaa!

I framise za pight por kwaroftion and frotect za citizen of ziz kwontry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by edmaraja: 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
That so called barrister is a complete idiot

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by visijo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
Abeg who is this?

2 Likes

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by NwaAmaikpe: 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
shocked

Sadly,
The barrister is right.

The pain Buhari and his herdsmen brothers have caused to Southerners has left their hearts devoid of any iota of respect, appreciation or love for his kith and kin.

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by GreenNegro(m): 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2018
edmaraja:
That so called barrister is a complete idiot
Big one gan sef

25 Likes

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2018
So she's actually Hausa! I had my suspicions but couldn't confirm it. Sorry if I sound ignorant but She is the first Hausa music artist i kmow with a nationwide fame

=====
Modified

I acknowledge all below mentions and respondents for putting me straight. I stand corrected cheesy

hopefulLandlord:

Jeremiah Gyang, Zaky Adzee

I think Ice Prince too

TEYA:

Zaki is Tiv, Ice Prince is from plateau I think.

TheKingIsHere:

There was a Hausa musician called zaki he normally carries touch light then when singing.

He was very famous.

Hausa people have talent too the only thing is their religion has blocked their way of thinking.

anyebedgreat:

There was once a guy called Idris Abdulkareem. He is from kano state

MitrikDenholm:

Her father is from Sierra Leone.

sulmeza:
M.I is from taraba, so is his broda, Jesse jagz.

eflintsone:
lol are u serious ?? what about ice prince , m.i , jesse jags , idris abdulkareem ?

Sterope:
She is actually Fulani

6 Likes

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2018
Okay. No problem
I bet this so-called barrister lost his Ex to someone who scoped her with hausa..
it is just unfortunate, sad and alarming anytime i look at my betslip and realise that tribalism has cut my glorious ticket.. IF an individual can publicize his hate and disdarn for a language, then i wonder how quick his heart would be eager to boil at the mere sight of the HOMOSAPIEN THAT SPEAKS THAT PARTICULAR LANGUAGE ..
what we need in this so-called 'united-on-social-media-when-another-country-insults-us' country, is real unity and not this nonsense going on..
yes.. alot of you on NL would definitely Cast the man.. but all this afonja this, ipob that, red cap this and side-bent cap rubbish needs to stop for now, so that tribalism can go back before buhari finally move back to daura in 2019..
anyways, NL family, "ya'na jin nice" (how's enjoyment)
17s ba..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
Thumbs up Dija.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Daviddson(m): 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
To see that it's an educated (or a so-called barrister) that made that statement sends shudder down my spine. Why are some people so full of hate?
Hausa as a language is one of the most beautifully-sounding languages you can ever hear. What is "rubbish" about the language?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Uyi168: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
Too much sense will nt kee her

1 Like

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
k
Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by LZAA: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
Sunexy:
And that guy has barrister title to his name....truly, ignorance is not only for illiterates
cheesy
some poornnnstarrs have Dr in their titles does that make em docs?? grin

11 Likes

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by FarahAideed: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
Blame Buhari
Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Shamsointegrity(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
Many are crazy but few are roaming.... #barrister indeed

8 Likes

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Yinxies(f): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
superdols:
Nicely said, Dija
The earlier we get rid of tribalism from our hearts, the better for us..
Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Konquest: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
Tessyama1:
Singer, Hadiza Blell, better known by her stage name Di'Ja, has taken to her Instagram to address tribalism in Nigeria after a Twitter user called Hausa 'rubbish'.

According to her, she gets insults on a daily for being Hausa. She shared the above reply and wrote;

"I can understand the anger in the country. I can understand the disappointment most are feeling. I can understand the pain WE ALL feel when you just want things to work, but I cannot understand tribalism and insults in regards to personal life, personal religion and personal choice. Most of us are born into what we now know. THIS ISN’T EVEN AN INSULT compared to the ones I get on the daily based on being Hausa, (you don’t want to see my DMs ) but it serves a purpose for today. I did not destroy our country. WE ALL DID BY ALLOWING IGNORANCE TO PREVAIL. Tomorrow we will insult someone for being Yoruba; the next day on being Igbo; another day on being Idoma and so on. Keep in mind HORRIBLE/BAD POLITICIANS FEED AND THRIVE OFF A DIVIDED PEOPLE. We cannot expect the government to fix problems when we can’t fix US! You want change?! Then it is time you begin to change your mindset. SURPRISE YOURSELVES and come together regardless of your differences. It is the only technique we haven’t tried yet. It is only then can we be the change we are looking for! This is why MUSIC is my life because it surpasses all these man made divisions. Don’t be part of the system. Live above it and watch Nigeria become NIGERIA.
I will forever be proud of who I am, where I am from and what I am on my way to become and YOU SHOULD TOO.
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/02/hausa-not-rubbish-dija-replies-man-slammed-tribe.html

Cc; lalasticlala
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Hausa is not rubbish! It is probably the
easiest language to understand/learn in
Nigeria if you are diligent. Hausa is a very
beautiful and sonorous language like
Yoruba language. Listen to B.B.C and V.O.A
Hausa Services and you will know! grin

If you listen to the creative Hausa/English song
"I love You" by Jos-born Hausa language rapper
ClassiQ featuring Rahama Sadau, you'll love Hausa language! Watch it below:

CLASSIQ Ft. AVALA [I Love You]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAUbnDoyFf0

However, Di'ja has to up her music game though
since I have also read some music reviews
about her not churning out commercial hit
songs. She needs to improve on her craft
and not hide under the cover of Don Jazzy.

By the way, Di'ja's father is Lebanese-Sierra Leonian, while her mother is a Nigerian from
Kaduna State!

I hope this helps! smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by hollywater: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
You are a star,call your brother Bubu to oder or you will not escape the insult simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by omoadeleye(m): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
Freedom of speech undecided
Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by wakaman: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
Yanmiri people, you can't expect respect from them, they lack self respect. Generally they lack self-esteem Empty, loud, chest beaters.

Good one.good shut up!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Galantis: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ah swear, some kan pipou na mumu Dem be angry angry me sef dey speak Hausa, na crime be dat. ya chi ubanshi Dan daudu kowai if u no know wetin I talk go hug transformer angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Amarabae(f): 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
She should go and sit down jare,
Attention seeker.
Igbos have been through a lot of insults yet we are still standing,
Just a little jibe, she is making noise.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by BuhariKingdom(m): 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
We need to get rid of Tribalism on Nairaland. Fact

3 Likes

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
This sickening lack of respect for diversity, which breeds a couldron of dark hate among Nigerians in the long run, unfortunately is being fostered by our christian brothers.
I urge christians to learn to understnd the deep meaning of 'diversity'.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by BuhariKingdom(m): 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
We need love
Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Siddeek: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
Even before I read it, I knew is an igbo man that will make such comment. Hatred full their heart. Chai!!!

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'hausa Is Not Rubbish' - Di'ja Replies Man Who Slammed The Tribe by Realzikkist(m): 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
ladeb:
u do more talking than singing..hw many hausa u don use sing,yeye girl recession hold ur voice? dont mind the barrister tittle afterall FASHOLA no study electricty but he be power minister
ur stupidity is noted...next please

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abounce Shows Yvonne Jegede's Backside In New Photos / Jim Iyke, Falz, Ramsey Nouah, AY Drive Jet Ski For 'yoruba Demons' Movie (PICS) / Pic Of Young Banky W Before He Lost His Hair…Lols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.