Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi (892 Views)

Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail / Salihu Tanko Yakasai: Kaduna-Kano Rail Will Never Be Completed – Ganduje’s Aide / Kano Rail Next In Line As Amaechi Inspect Transport Institute Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by Blue3k2: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2018
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Ameachi, says the Nigerian government is constructing a rail line to link Kano with Maradi in Niger Republic in order to boost Nigeria’s economy.

Maradi is at the border with Nigeria in Niger Republic.

Mr. Ameachi explained the reason the Nigerian government is taking up the project told journalists in his office Thursday afternoon.

“Currently, Niger Republic, Chad and others have abandoned the Nigerian market. They do not use our seaports again,” he said.

“They go to countries like Benin Republic and they are growing the economy of those people and we do not have deep seaports in Nigeria.”

He said Benin Republic was the first to build a deep seaport in Nigeria.

According to the minister, Nigeria is the only country in West Africa without a single window for clearance of goods on the same day of arrival.

“Nigerians are now importing through Benin Republic, Lome (Togo) and Ghana because they have a single window.”

He also said corruption has made it impossible for Nigeria to adopt the single window.

He said the government of Muhammadu Buhari had been trying to adopt the technology for the past two years but to no avail.

He added that the Niger government is not contributing to the project and they do not need to do so because Nigeria is at advantage.

“We have to also provide the same infrastructure that makes them go to other countries for business.”

“Those countries already have the access and that is why Niger can go there go there for business.”

On some achievements recorded so far in his ministry, Mr. Ameachi said his ministry have increased the coaches and locomotives on the Abuja-Kaduna rail thereby curbing the issue of ticket racketeering.

He also said completion and opening of the Abuja airport runway a day before the announced date was one of his ministry’s milestone achievements.

The Abuja airport was in 2017 closed for six weeks to undergo maintenance of its runway.

This action led to diversion of its activities to the Kaduna airport.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/258837-constructing-maradi-kano-rail-ameachi.html
Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by Ever8054: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
one thing that amazed me is how this Hausa / Fulani people find it very easy to deceive people so easily....how can amechi not realize that linking Niger republic to Nigeria is to make an easy route for blood thirsty Islamic jihadist into Nigeria?...something bigger than boko haram with Fulani herdsman put together is on its way to arrive Nigeria.mark my words....

3 Likes

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by aolawale025: 10:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
Did Benin republic have to build a rail line to lure those countries to use their ports. Why do we have brainless people in government? Always eager to launch white elephant projects of no economic importance

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by Blue3k2: 10:55pm On Feb 16, 2018
I remember Osinbanjo giving effective order about the single window operations. Either Amaechi is lying or they aren't carrying out order.

This shall be applied with immediate effect, and that all agencies currently physically present in Nigerian ports shall within 60 (sixty) days harmonize their operations into one single interface station domiciled in one location in the ports and implemented by a single joint task force at all times, without prejudice to necessary backend procedures.

Link
Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by okachie1(m): 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
Lest I forget let's be clear once more here; Amaechi is a certified Olympic idiot! If u don't know now u know!!! Someone that couldn't finish a tram rail in his state is busy building rail ways in aboki states. No wonder they calls him cockroach of Ubima! Ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by AZeD1(m): 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
It's very bad that African countries doesn't trade with themselves and part of the reason for this is a lack of infrastructure.

Nigeria and African countries should be building cross border rails.

Ethiopia did something like this
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-37562177

I know there are plans in East Africa.
Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
Smh...how did we get here?
Of what economic importance is Niger to Nigeria if not import of more amajiris and drug addicts?

No light,high poverty rate,High unemployment rate, angry angry angry

Money used to build this railway,should have been injected into the economy just to make life more easy for the common man.

This government's ineptitude is so glaring that I wonder
How they still hynotize their followers...(zombie).

E no go better for LUGGARD even in the grave..... angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by bonechamberlain(m): 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
this is madness, we are still not being able to transport our goods effectively inside this country because of poor transport network and this govt is trying to build rail to Niger.

all these romance with Niger is it to encourage them to register and vote in Nigerian elections, I don't understand this brainless govt. angry and ameachi is bold saying that the Niger govt is not contributing because Nigeria would gain more, what kind of daft statement is that. Nigeria would gain more from Niger republic. angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
He added that the Niger government is not contributing to the project and they do not need to do so because Nigeria is at advantage.

Kai...if only I was a mutant, and have the power of STORM.. (X-Men ).
The kind thurnder I for fire una ehhh..

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
okachie1:
Lest I forget let's be clear once more here; Amaechi is a certified Olympic idiot! If u don't know now u know!!! Someone that couldn't finish a tram rail in his state is busy building rail ways in aboki states. No wonder they calls him cockroach of Ubima! Ndi ara!

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
is it to boast commerce or for political reasons.....to link the north with its future allied nations tomorrow. ...we should stop politicizing everything in this country..don't see why kano, kaduna n the rest will have a deep or dry seaport, when those nearer to the seas like koko,onitcha, aba, badagry, ado ekiti, burutu, warri, yenegoa. etc don't have..may God help this country!

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by booblacain(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
Please I throw the challenge open: name at least 5 things of economic value that Nigeria is going to get from Niger.
Re: Why We Are Constructing Maradi – Kano Rail – Ameachi by Blue3k2: 12:22am On Feb 17, 2018
booblacain:
Please I throw the challenge open: name at least 5 things of economic value that Nigeria is going to get from Niger.

I'll humor you. MITatlas updates are usually 2-3 years behind. Notice the trade deficit.

Niger exports to nigeria:
Refined petroleum
Petroleum gas
Cows
Sheep
Horses

(1) (Reply)

2018 Nature Article Confirms Human Stunting In North And Partially SW Of Nigeria / Nigeria FG should adopt South Korea model of using corruption to grow d economy / How I Help Buhari Become President -lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.