Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:41 PM

Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO (21593 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by BrandSpurNG: 5:19am On Feb 17, 2018
Continent’s largest cement maker is seeking about $1 billion

Move comes as Nigerian stocks soar with rising oil price

Dangote Cement Plc, owned by Africa’s richest man, has revived plans for a share sale in London that could raise about $1 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Nigerian company, controlled by Aliko Dangote, has approached investment bankers to discuss a potential U.K. listing, said the people, who asked not to be named as the talks aren’t public. Once banks have been appointed, it will probably take at least five months to complete the process, one of the people said. The cement maker is also considering issuing a debut Eurobond, according to two different people familiar with the matter.

Discussions are ongoing and a listing of Africa’s biggest cement maker may not go ahead, the people said.

“We have not, to the best of my knowledge, taken such a decision,” Anthony Chiejina, Dangote Cement’s spokesman in Lagos, said in an emailed response to questions, without commenting on the banker talks.

Fresh capital would enable Dangote Cement to fund expansion plans in sub-Saharan Africa and broaden its base of investors. It sees London as a more favourable place to attract about $1 billion than in its home base of Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital, where no company has raised more in an initial public offering than Starcomms Plc’s $796 million in 2008.

Dangote Cement has a free float in Lagos of 14.9 percent and a market valuation of $12.3 billion. It mulled raising equity in London in 2010. At the time, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Morgan Stanley helped it prepare a sale that could have raised as much as $5 billion, before the move was abandoned.

The revival of the plan comes as Dangote Cement shares climb to near records as the Nigerian economy recovers from a downturn caused by the 2014 slump in oil prices. The economy of Africa’s most populous nation went into recession in 2016 as government revenue plunged. Nigerian stocks are up 11 percent this year in dollar terms, the sixth best performance globally according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Aliko Dangote has a net worth of $13.5 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. His Dangote Industries Ltd. conglomerate has interests in sugar, flour and packaged food as well as controlling the cement company. The 60-year-old has repeatedly expressed a desire to bid for London’s Arsenal Football Club and is building a 650,000 barrel-a-day oil refinery near Lagos, which will cost more than $10 billion.

Dangote Cement shares rose 0.6 percent to 259.90 naira in Lagos as of 12:10 p.m. local time.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/africas-richest-man-to-revive-dangote-cement-london-ipo/

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by buttlover(m): 5:33am On Feb 17, 2018
30billion gang company.

And I made it. hot FM please play me i made it by frank Edward.

modified, upto now no payment for f.p has been given to me. ..... OGA SEUN reason me na....

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Jammey6551(m): 7:04am On Feb 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Discharge(m): 7:04am On Feb 17, 2018
African Richest, I hail thee

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by snowland(m): 7:05am On Feb 17, 2018
Ok.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by NaijaMutant(f): 7:06am On Feb 17, 2018
shocked
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by olahero(m): 7:07am On Feb 17, 2018
I will soon beat Dangote and BillGate. Stay and watch.

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by lordraiden(m): 7:07am On Feb 17, 2018
Wen you have enuf money that money is neva your problem I wonder what else you will need.... I want to know how it feels like

4 Likes

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by tollytexy(m): 7:08am On Feb 17, 2018
I chased his daughter so tey I lost the battle!

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by movyyzz(m): 7:09am On Feb 17, 2018
Good one....
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 17, 2018
Abeg anybody wey understand wetin dem write for up there, make e explain to me... I don read am 3 times and I still no understand..

Hope no be say their trailers don jam person for London too??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2018
GOD PLEASE PICK MY CALLS OOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by mcayomind: 7:11am On Feb 17, 2018
What money cannot do..... more money will do it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by MuyiRano(m): 7:12am On Feb 17, 2018
Hello ladies and gentlemen, pls i want you guys to join me in wishing all November born (past and those that wud be born this yr November) a happy birthday in advance. They are the products of February Shaku Shaku

3 Likes

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Alexk2(m): 7:15am On Feb 17, 2018
I just like this man....humble, focussed, always aiming higher with a genuine love for his country.

5 Likes

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Ayospanish(m): 7:20am On Feb 17, 2018
the price of the cement is too cost.why can't we enjoy low price of made in naija cement. he's not encouraging people to build house easily

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by anochuko01(m): 7:25am On Feb 17, 2018
MuyiRano:
Hello ladies and gentlemen, pls i want you guys to join me in wishing all November born (past and those that wud be born this yr November) a happy birthday in advance. They are the products of February Shaku Shaku
lol. my mom told me specifically that I'm a product of Valentine's day. my b'day is Nov 5.
my parents were already married though.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Ifebaby16(m): 7:25am On Feb 17, 2018
wink
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2018
Alhaji Dangote
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Chubhie: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2018
Please, how much is the current dangote cement in Nigeria?
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Manbryto(m): 7:29am On Feb 17, 2018
I didn't just understand one thing here, can someone interprete please
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Atiku2019: 7:30am On Feb 17, 2018
Humble Billionaire smiley

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by bloomstar: 7:31am On Feb 17, 2018
nicee one though

check out this nairaland post here

https://www.nairaland.com/4352837/eight-top-causes-miscarriage-need
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Abfinest007(m): 7:32am On Feb 17, 2018
witch nor de dangote family or aboki nor de get witch
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by bloomstar: 7:32am On Feb 17, 2018
mcayomind:
What money cannot do..... more money will do it

so more money will bring back a dead man? you better give your life to christ
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Boyooosa(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2018
lordraiden:
Wen you have enuf money that money is neva your problem I wonder what else you will need.... I want to know how it feels like
Tenple your hustle
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Tmaritas76(m): 7:40am On Feb 17, 2018
anochuko01:

lol. my mom told me specifically that I'm a product of Valentine's day. my b'day is Nov 5.

my parents were already married though.
pls I believe here is not home for the mad people or am I in a wrong place

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Hector09(m): 7:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Dangote should buy kogi and abia state biko

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Falls To 230, Dollar Supply Dries Up / Venturing Into Perfume Business:advice Needed / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.