Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? (30008 Views)

Two Benue State University Students Drown In A River During Outing. Photos / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Dokitadotun: 8:28am On Feb 17, 2018
I just need simple terms to use to explain these bodies of water. Thanks

1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by mitchelljnr(m): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2018
Rivers runs along its bank, while lake is enclosed by land. For stream it's not that d/f from river, the major d/f is the size and depth. River is always larger.

39 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by QueenSuccubus(f): 8:47am On Feb 17, 2018
grin

The difference? SPELLING sha... What else?

21 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by tballeyy(m): 8:54am On Feb 17, 2018
mitchelljnr:
Rivers runs along its bank, while lake is enclosed by land. For stream it's not that d/f from river, the major d/f is the size and depth. River is always larger.
ok. tell me the diffrience between (boko haram and fulani herdmen)

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by eTECTIVe(m): 9:13am On Feb 17, 2018
Streams flow into a river and a river gathers in a lake

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by eTECTIVe(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2018
Its jus like asking difference between Nepa lite and gen lite

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by kingreign(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2018
Dokitadotun:
I just need simple terms to use to explain these bodies of water. Thanks

Lake is a body of water that is surrounded by land, and doesn't flow but maybe be Fed by a river or a river may pour out of it, they're usually fresh water but salt water lakes do exists. Eg Lake Chad.

Stream is a small body of water that is running. Note, a stream may empty into a lake, a river, a fall or even a sea. Stream are usually freash water.

River On the other hand may form from a lake, stream, spring or even any other water body, they're larger than streams and flows. E.g. River Benue.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Vannlex(m): 11:44am On Feb 17, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin
na by force to comment?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Shukusheka(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
It depends on the kind of spiritual beings/powers you will find in each water.

Lakes have always been the ancestral home of ogbanje (spirit child aka Abiku). History has it our forefathers when in desperate need of a child would seek help from the goddess of the lake.

Rivers According to science, a river is a natural flowing watercourse usually freshwater, flowing into an ocean, sea or a lake. What this portends is that you will find similar spiritual beings in the sea and in the river. It is a long known fact that fresh Mammywaters have always been the one ruling the river world, they have an empire running there. Little wonder River state is the state with the highest number of mammywaters in the world and even the popular but late Queen of the coast Joanne Rivers was believed to have traced her ancestry to the cursed city.

Stream A stream is the scouting center for all marine spirits roaming the earth, it is the water with the highest recorded number of deaths worldwide and these deaths can be easily traced to the handiwork of spirits in the marine realm. Marine scouts have a knack for visiting the streams for potential talents who they eventually drown, transport the spirit of the drowned victim to the underworld, train and later release to the world as ogbanjes.

Shukusheka

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by mitchelljnr(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
tballeyy:

Boko Haram uses bomb and they target buildings, market etc while Herdsmen uses knifes and guns, they target farmlands.
Hope I'm helpful sha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by SIMPLYkush: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Lake- area of water surrounded by land
river- long continuous flow of water with many tributaries
Stream- a tributary of river, something like a spin-off of a river

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
I think the diff. is the size and depth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Hhenryhez: 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by jericco1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
their location? and body of water involved
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by wike54(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=QueenSuccubus post=65135314] grin

The difference? SPELLING sha... What else?[/quot

Olodo
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Nightking04(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
Were you one of the teachers who failed primary 4 exam in Kaduna?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Kassidy90(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
tballeyy:
Book haram dey hide, Fulani herdsmen no dey hide....
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by k10: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
tballeyy:
Boko Haram = Jonathan Era
Fulani Herdsmen = Buhara Era

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Forceup(f): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
River is almost same thing as a stream, only that a river is bigger and has more depth than a stream.. But is a lake is enclosed..
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Scl24: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
Some are flowing while others are not... Lobatan...

Follow my wall and u may be blessed
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by teflonjake(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
tballeyy:

Boko haram is to the north, while fulani herdsmen are widespread( north & south)

I hope with these few points of mine I have being able to convince you & not to confuse you on the difference btwn boko haram and fulani herdsman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

gosh cry nothing they ur head only nudes nudes na full inside

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by JORDAN202: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
WHY ARE YOU ASKING THESE QUESTIONS ??

DO YOU WANT TO GO FISHING IN THESE PLACES

WHY NOT LEAVE FISHING TO THE FISHERMEN ?

OR ARE YOU TRYING TO IMPRESS A GIRL ?

IN YOUR VILLAGE, VALENTINE NEVER FINISH ?

IF THAT IS YOUR PLAN, IT WILL NOT WORK.........!

GO TO YOUR ATM, GET SOME CASH, AND GO TO THE MARKET TO BUY YOUR FISH.

IF MAMMY E-WATER CATCH YOU FOR THE RIVEr, OCEAN, LAKE, STREAM, OR EVEN WELL, MY HAND NO DEY oooooooooooooooo !

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Annibel(f): 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
lake is irritating...stream is sexy... river is scary...
Are you OK??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by NaijaMutant(f): 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Annibel(f): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kassidy90:
Book haram dey hide, Fulani herdsmen no dey hide....

Lwkmd.... characters everywhere!! hahahah
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by ruggedtimi(m): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
lake, river, pond and stream wetin I know be say water is involve and mamiwater dey inside undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Ellabae(f): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
I really wanna know too

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by Fweshspice(m): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
k
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? by donstan18: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
Annibel:
lake is irritating...stream is sexy... river is scary...

Are you OK??

Steam, sexy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC / List Of Fake Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.