Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Why I Will Not Remove Jacob Zuma's Statue - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Remove Jacob Zuma's Statue - Okorocha (327 Views)

South Africans React To Zuma's Statue In Imo / Jacob Zuma's Statue In Imo State Versus Jacob Zuma's Statue In South Africa.PICS / Jacob Zuma Bags Chieftaincy Title In Imo, Nigeria (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Why I Will Not Remove Jacob Zuma's Statue - Okorocha by stephanie11: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha has rejected calls for the removal of Former South African president, Jacob Zuma's statue, PoliticsNGR has learned.

Zuma resigned from his position as president last week after severe pressure from the ruling ANC party. Okorocha, in a statement released by his media spokesman, Sam Onwuemedo, said that the statue was erected in Zuma’s honor as a way to acknowledge the roles he had played in the fight against apartheid.

"The statue was erected when the man was a sitting president. We should also be keen in his life story. For instance, a man who didn’t receive any formal education but rose to play a major role in the freedom of his people and also became president of one of the leading African nations calls for sober reflection.

He also resigned honorably. And after his coming to Imo where he spoke against the killings of Nigerians in South Africa, the situation came under control to a large extent. Zuma came to Imo to partner Rochas Foundation College for Africa. He didn’t come for politics. And even after his departure as President, he would still go ahead to make his contributions to the education of the less privileged children in Africa."

https://politicsngr.com/will-not-remove-jacob-zumas-statue-okorocha/
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Why I Will Not Remove Jacob Zuma's Statue - Okorocha by eTECTIVe(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2018
Ahhhh.. No pls don't remove it oooo... Infact on behalf of Ndi Imo and Nigerians in general I apologize for our comments and abuses.. We didn't realize u were a prophet in disguise.. Plsss continue ur gud work by erecting Buhari's statue Plssssssss...
Re: Why I Will Not Remove Jacob Zuma's Statue - Okorocha by Mynd44: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2018

(1)

Obasanjo: Threatens To Commit Suicide If This Happen To Nigeria / APC Faction Suspends Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-rufai, For Six Months / Breaking: Emir Of Kano Says Killer Herdsmen Should Be Prosecuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.