Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,890 members, 7,798,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Da Grin Is Dead! - Music/Radio (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Is Dead! (74797 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by blackboi(m): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2010
R.I.P
DAGRIN
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by eldee(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2010
Molorin lenu ju I-tunes

RESPECT!!!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Fest7: 11:57am On Apr 26, 2010
Although,i don't understand yoruba,but any time i am listening 2 d guy's music.i understand it.MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.To be remembered always.R.I.P 2 A LENGEND.My condolence 2 d family he left behind
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by nabiangel(f): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2010
What happen to Dagrin can happen to any of us, this is the best time
to have a sober reflection and think about our lives. Are we living a life
of righteousness? at lest if we die today we have hope of making heaven
or do we believe that it all starts and end here. My beloved friends let us think
and make our ways right.

God help us

MAY YOUR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by nabiangel(f): 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2010
WHAT A PAINFUL LOST

RIP DARE
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by beey2(m): 5:30pm On Apr 26, 2010
cry cry cry
This is how we should all live our life: at d beggining cry  crywhile everybody around you laughs and at d end laugh while everyone around u cry. Am crying for d second time in ma life because of Dagrin (d first time when I lost my beloved aunt) I admire him a lott!
I pray that God give his family d fortitude 2 bear this irreparable loss. sooo sad u left but thanxs u left grin on our facescry cry cry
R.I.P DAGRIN
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by AfroCynic: 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
This shyt is very painful to me. I cried like I knew him. Dude was snatched when he was about the take over for real!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
#stillonthematter R.I.P O Grin!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by xezoid(m): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2010
just started 2 enjoy his rapz and flow such great potential howeva we cannot questn Him rest in peace DAGRIN cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by staan: 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
May God grant his soul rest. AMEN embarassed
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by jarkbauer: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2010
too painful he was a real NWA.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by lysaa(f): 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2010
arkinses:

lysaa me self still weak join! I got the Thank God track crammed up but I can't remember the last time I prayed to God. That's just how much Dagrin meant to me
thats so sick dude but i feel u. In any case, u've got to remain faithful to God, thank him anyhow. .and take it easy so u don't hurt urself within.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Genuflect(m): 6:19am On Apr 27, 2010
We still reppin' bro

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Mobinga: 7:07am On Apr 27, 2010
Early Graveside
#Boys are not smiling.
#Da-Grin#
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by fellabrims: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2010
Little did he know. Is that Dbanj as well. . . Omo these guys are enjoying o!. . . See their meats!. . .
Rest in Peace Dagrin. . . cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by stede(m): 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2010
why da-grin, @ the early prime of his life
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Grinman: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2010
I miss the Ideal of doing great things together, he was full of talent cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Ranoscky(m): 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2010
GONE SO SOON

But no longtin sha,

we go meet for the other side!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by georgebaff: 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
RIP, very talented guy,, loved his style
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by jubilant2(f): 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
Its a pity he died. Well wot a world. He mite be dead but his lyrics are not dead. He has added smtin to the Nigerian Industry.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Fest7: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2010
Can someone help me with d title of d album he sang THANK GOD,i realy love dat track.R.I.P DA GRIN
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by khanye(m): 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2010
^^^C.E.O - Chief Executive Omoita
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Mindsalike: 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2010
As if he knew he'll die so soon. . . Listen to the [b]Track [/b]that he sang about death in that his C.E. O album. . . embarassed embarassed embarassed
Really we should be mindful of the kind of things we utter angry angry. . . I guess he didnt see it coming soon cry cry R.I.P Dagrin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by babsmii(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2010
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 7:00pm On May 03, 2010
I was in my brother's house with HiTV on air when a track came on. It was Naija rap in Yoruba and I was passively listening to it but not watching.

After about a minute and the half, I was thinking this beat, rap delivery flow and tonation is absolutely fantastic. When the rapper got to:

Awon ti Ijebu won nfi mi sere bi if[b]orko[/b] (Those Ijebus are enjoying me like their tasty ifoko)
Mi se agbe to lo s’oko, ti o ko orko (I am not a farmer that goes to the farm without his tools)
Iro ko, awon sisi fem u mi s’oko (It's not a lie, pretty girls want to marry me and make me husband)
Sokoyokoto, er ti mo pe olobe lo l’oko. (Tasty and blooming vegetables, you all know that it is the girl that cooks the soup that owns the husband)

I started laughing that "see rhymes o" (that lyric above in Yoruba rhymes alot), and I became hyped that this guy is seriously grimey and has lyrics. It was at this point I decided this track deserves a reeeeeeeeeeewind! Thank you Sky+ for the rewind function.

Na truth say na woman wey dey cook for man suppose claim say na she own the man. It was more interesting to me as I am Ijebu and Ifoko is my favourite dish in the world.

When I now watched the video seriously. I decided that (Dagrin - Pon pon pon) is the best Naija video I have ever seen. I ended up watching the video 3 times using rewind.

It was high quality, grimey, real, fresh, innovative, modern but tradition, apt for the feel of the artist and UNIQUE (original, no be copy-copy).

I noted the name of the artist and decided I had to download the track later. I completely forgot to do so.

I have been seeing the reports that Dagrin is dead but I did not know who he was and just thought "just another sad Naija story". It was today whilst playing tracks on Youtube, I bumped into Pon pon pon again, and realised he was the same guy.

Now I have listened to a few more of his tracks. He is awesomely talented (especially if you understand Yoruba). And, trust me, I am not the type to say such just because someone is dead.

This guy's death is a HUGE loss to Naija music. Absolutely a ffing lyrical genius.

Dagrin RIP.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Ranoscky(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2010
sagamite

no be lie!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by mamagee3(f): 1:34am On May 04, 2010
May his soul rest in Peace!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 05, 2010
Its a great loss but God knows best.

I miss Dagrin like he's a close relative.

R.I.P Dagrin. Much love.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by delib: 11:36am On May 07, 2010
he lives on,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by 49cents(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2010
I am yet to post a single thing on NL on dagrin, even though i pride myself as one who knew dagrin from about the very first time he came on the air, which was on an a.m. show on M.I.T.V. here in lag; then he was quite very camera shy with the interview, i was getting bored until they played the video of his track "rap anthem" i knew this guy had so much to offer.

Now i am a very critical lover of music in the direction of creativity and content, dagrin had both, i had tried philosophising about the way dagrin lived based on the kind of songs he sang, i think that's why some people have immaturely said he is in hell, but then it would be wrong for us to sweep under the carpet that some of his word are entertaining in a negative way and must not be condoned.

The guy who posted earlier about negative and positive enlightenement is quite right in his thought; living on the edge has a way of unleashing one's developed creativity, however the result of such a life is the judge of the worthiness of the path you thread.

God alone knows everything; so a fool is he who judges another, for we dont know all the circumstances only God knows!

I believe it is time for young people to think about the kind of choices they make; to decide using thier reasoning with utter sincerity.

Reat in peace Da [b]G[/b]reatest [b]R[/b]apper [b]I[/b]n[b] N[/b]igeria
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2010
^^^I just listened to "Rap Rules Anthem" on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-SZ_vp1JJk

Honestly, this guy is lyrically too good.  grin

I started laughing at the part he said:

Won mo pe awa ti pee, ati pee be Schnapps (They don't know we are as seasoned, as seasoned as Schnapps).  grin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Dotman01(m): 11:54pm On May 07, 2010
@sagamite. Go and listen to these tracks - ghetto dreams, swag, make doe, holla holla, thank God, kondo or better get d C.E.O album. Its a very gud album. U wont regret it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Wizkid Has An Issue With Olamide's "Wo" Lyrics / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals / Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.