Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify (17250 Views)

Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? / Offline Uber, Taxify And Oga Taxi In Lagos, Ogun And Ibadan / 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello All!

Please I am on the look-out for any individual (or corporate entity) willing to subscribe to a hire-purchase vehicle acquisition plan. The said vehicle I intend to use on the Uber/Taxify platform to generate the fund needed for full payment of the vehicle within the allotted and agreed time span.

I am willing to subscribe to a repayment plan spanning 18-24 months. I will be remitting to my principal a minimum of N40, 000 and a maximum of 50, 000 weekly. Unfortunately, I do not have any equity contribution.

The aforementioned figures were arrived at after exhaustive research (informed by first-hand information garnered from existing subscribers [63 subscribers cutting across married and single individuals to this vehicle acquisition plan via Uber/Taxify platform were interviewed by myself] and officials of Uber and Taxify) and co-relating the results of the research with extant variables relative to the business and its environment (cost of fuel, availability of fuel, vehicle downtime due to maintenance schedule, in-sensitiveness of fellow road users,temperamental fares, commission rate, toll fees, insurance, average work hours in a day, acts of God etc.).

I did not confer with any provider of a hire-purchase service as it was not pertinent to the information I was seeking (striking a balance between what is practical and what can be termed overambitious [hence not feasible] in respect to how much money can be remitted weekly/monthly to the principal). I discovered in my research that situations where individuals promise to remit weekly/monthly amounts way over what is practical in a bid to convince a potential principal to buy into their plan is very common. Not surprisingly, more than 90% of these individual renege on remitting these sums to their principal hence the deal being DOA.

I do not fall into this category of persons given my pragmatic outlook on the affairs of life. I always strive for a win-win situation in all my business and personal dealings hence the sums I have projected to remit to my principal on a weekly basis. I am taking my time to explain this aspect of my proposal (never minding how inexhaustive it may look [the finer details can be worked out when I meet with a potential principal]) as it happens to be the crux of the whole business arrangement.

WHY I AM DOING THIS

I have decided to toe this path given my current job and financial situation. I am one individual who espouses the philosophy that it is not so much what life throws at you that matters but how you deal with it. Everyone falls sometime but, only the wise, brave and intrepid in spirit learn from the situation, get up, dust themselves over and move on. I do not believe so much in “hand-outs” rather believing in investing my time and thoughts in productive labour that would yield positive and far-reaching results temporally and spiritually. I espouse a philosophy that believes hard-work, determination and faith can get you places hence my professional antecedents notwithstanding, it is a decision I have carefully thought over and embraced.

WHY I TOOK MY TIME

I have been looking for a clean, mechanically sound and fairly priced direct tokunbo vehicle (Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda, Hyundai and the like). I am sure we all understand why (fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost among others). The offers I have been getting are Naija used vehicles that may give me so much mechanical problems and we all know what this means (time lost at mechanic workshops which in turn informs poor revenue turnover which again occasions inability to meet up with payments thus leading to general frustration-something I can do without).

WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ME

I am an experienced driver with a valid driver license. I reside in Lagos and I am a man on a mission (not a mission to renege on agreements made!)

Assuming the vehicle is in shipshape condition mechanically and aesthetically (clean, direct tokunbo without ANY problems), you can be rest assured that I will keep to my end of the bargain. No stories whatsoever. My knowledge and skill in business development, sales, KAM, marketing and communication will come in handy in the course of carrying out my driving duties all to the end of ensuring that I work efficiently and effectively thus maximising profit (earnings per day) and minimising cost (owing to poor relationship with fares, lackadaisical attitude to vehicle maintenance, lost production time due to loafing about and inability to prioritise etc). I am a hardworking man with a goal and time is of the essence (hence my decision to plan my work and work my plan in the bid to be free of any financial obligation to my potential principal within 18-24 months thereafter moving on to other projects). I can understand some people thinking “he is just speaking grammar, wait till he sees how it is…”. To such people I say this; I have been in professions that saw me working in the field in "hands-on" mode, delivering on targets that were quite challenging for years so, I am no stranger to the “streets”. I thrive on challenges.

SPECIFICS OF THE IDEAL VEHICLE

Brand: A Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda Civic or Hyundai Accent, Elantra or Sonata and also sedans from the Kia family. (other low- maintenance cost vehicles can be considered also). The vehicle would have been manufactured from 2007 upwards. The sport version of these vehicles would be ideal. It should be painted glossy Black or Silver with Alloy Rims. Leather upholstery would be very welcome.

Status: An automatic low mileage Tokunbo. Mechanically sound and aesthetically clean. Easy to look at. All systems (mechanical and electrical) are a go!

Please note that the above specifications are for the [i]ideal [/i]vehicle. Vehicles that do not meet the specifics but are nonetheless mechanically sound and clean are very welcome. The only condition that cannot be compromised is the Tokunbo state of the vehicle. Recently acquired Naija used can be considered (less than or equal to 3 months post purchase). I am sure we all understand why I am insisting on this.

Apologies for the long epistle, just wanted to come out clear. If you are disposed to considering my offer please reach me via 08023735830 or leave your contact (mobile no or email) and I will reach out to you (unfortunately, I am currently not on WhatsApp so may not be able to reach out via that medium).

Hoping to hear from you and thanks for your time and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

A.

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Andalucia:
Hello All!

Please I am on the look-out for any individual (or corporate entity) willing to subscribe to a hire-purchase vehicle acquisition plan. The said vehicle I intend to use on the Uber/Taxify platform to generate the fund needed for full payment of the vehicle within the allotted and agreed time span.

I am willing to subscribe to a repayment plan spanning 18-24 months. I will be remitting to my principal a minimum of N40, 000 and a maximum of 50, 000 weekly. Unfortunately, I do not have any equity contribution.

The aforementioned figures were arrived at after exhaustive research (informed by first-hand information garnered from existing subscribers [63 subscribers cutting across married and single individuals to this vehicle acquisition plan via Uber/Taxify platform were interviewed by myself] and officials of Uber and Taxify) and co-relating the results of the research with extant variables relative to the business and its environment (cost of fuel, availability of fuel, vehicle downtime due to maintenance schedule, in-sensitiveness of fellow road users,temperamental fares, commission rate, toll fees, insurance, average work hours in a day, acts of God etc.).

I did not confer with any provider of a hire-purchase service as it was not pertinent to the information I was seeking (striking a balance between what is practical and what can be termed overambitious [hence not feasible] in respect to how much money can be remitted weekly/monthly to the principal). I discovered in my research that situations where individuals promise to remit weekly/monthly amounts way over what is practical in a bid to convince a potential principal to buy into their plan is very common. Not surprisingly, more than 90% of these individual renege on remitting these sums to their principal hence the deal being DOA.

I do not fall into this category of persons given my pragmatic outlook on the affairs of life. I always strive for a win-win situation in all my business and personal dealings hence the sums I have projected to remit to my principal on a weekly basis. I am taking my time to explain this aspect of my proposal (never minding how inexhaustive it may look [the finer details can be worked out when I meet with a potential principal]) as it happens to be the crux of the whole business arrangement.

WHY I AM DOING THIS

I have decided to toe this path given my current job and financial situation. I am one individual who espouses the philosophy that it is not so much what life throws at you that matters but how you deal with it. Everyone falls sometime but, only the wise, brave and intrepid in spirit learn from the situation, get up, dust themselves over and move on. I do not believe so much in “hand-outs” rather believing in investing my time and thoughts in productive labour that would yield positive and far-reaching results temporally and spiritually. I espouse a philosophy that believes hard-work, determination and faith can get you places hence my professional antecedents notwithstanding, it is a decision I have carefully thought over and embraced.

WHY I TOOK MY TIME

I have been looking for a clean, mechanically sound and fairly priced direct tokunbo vehicle (Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda, Hyundai and the like). I am sure we all understand why (fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost among others). The offers I have been getting are Naija used vehicles that may give me so much mechanical problems and we all know what this means (time lost at mechanic workshops which in turn informs poor revenue turnover which again occasions inability to meet up with payments thus leading to general frustration-something I can do without).

WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ME

I am an experienced driver with a valid driver license. I reside in Lagos and I am a man on a mission (not a mission to renege on agreements made!)

Assuming the vehicle is in shipshape condition mechanically and aesthetically (clean, direct tokunbo without ANY problems), you can be rest assured that I will keep to my end of the bargain. No stories whatsoever. My knowledge and skill in business development, sales, KAM, marketing and communication will come in handy in the course of carrying out my driving duties all to the end of ensuring that I work efficiently and effectively thus maximising profit (earnings per day) and minimising cost (owing to poor relationship with fares, lackadaisical attitude to vehicle maintenance, lost production time due to loafing about and inability to prioritise etc). I am a hardworking man with a goal and time is of the essence (hence my decision to plan my work and work my plan in the bid to be free of any financial obligation to my potential principal within 18-24 months thereafter moving on to other projects). I can understand some people thinking “he is just speaking grammar, wait till he sees how it is…”. To such people I say this; I have been in professions that saw me working in the field in "hands-on" mode, delivering on targets that were quite challenging for years so, I am no stranger to the “streets”. I thrive on challenges.

SPECIFICS OF THE IDEAL VEHICLE

Brand: A Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda Civic or Hyundai Accent, Elantra or Sonata and also sedans from the Kia family. (other low- maintenance cost vehicles can be considered also). The vehicle would have been manufactured from 2007 upwards. The sport version of these vehicles would be ideal. It should be painted glossy Black or Silver with Alloy Rims. Leather upholstery would be very welcome.

Status: An automatic low mileage Tokunbo. Mechanically sound and aesthetically clean. Easy to look at. All systems (mechanical and electrical) are a go!

Please note that the above specifications are for the [i]ideal [/i]vehicle. Vehicles that do not meet the specifics but are nonetheless mechanically sound and clean are very welcome. The only condition that cannot be compromised is the Tokunbo state of the vehicle. Recently acquired Naija used can be considered (less than or equal to 3 months post purchase). I am sure we all understand why I am insisting on this.

Apologies for the long epistle, just wanted to come out clear. If you are disposed to considering my offer please reach me via 08023735830 or leave your contact (mobile no or email) and I will reach out to you (unfortunately, I am currently not on WhatsApp so may not be able to reach out via that medium).

Hoping to hear from you and thanks for your time and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

A.

How much experience do you have in E-hailing business?
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

First off, thanks for taking time to go through my post and subsequently posting a reply.

Relative to your question, I have been opportune to operate this business for over four years prior to the advent of Uber and Taxify but as the vehicle owner rather than driver (this affords me much experience on how the business works sans the "e" aspect of it which in my opinion only makes the business easier to run). The "E" aspect of the business is just introducing technology to how a model has been run for ages thus tweaking how it works for the better at a consideration (the commission the technology firm gets). While each venture has it's challenges and peculiarities, I daresay this is one venture that is not rocket science.

Again, I have friends (and a next door neighbour who has been a partner with Uber and also Taxify since their inception hence seen it all, the good and the bad. In fact, I convinced him to provide vehicles for the business even though I couldn't take advantage of the platform given the nature of my job back then) and acquaintances who operate on both ends of the spectrum (drivers and owners) relative to the business. You could say my theoretical knowledge of how this business works is formidable. Before saying such theoretical knowledge may not be practical, bear in mind that the mentioned theoretical knowledge is a function of the practical experience of players in the game; consummate players still in the field of play as at yesterday!

Furthermore, a thorough research into the business will afford the dedicated individual pertinent information needed to thrive in the business. This is a business whose success is largely anchored on having the requisite knowledge relative to peak movement periods, perfect locations, alternative routes to intended destination and above all top-notch customer care (repeat business can do much to boost earnings). This is of course taking for granted the availability of a very sound vehicle as without this every other effort comes to nought.

Let me end by saying that with respect to my part, any intending principal has nothing to fear as he/she will discover. Hoping I answered your query Sir.

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by uboma(m): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

lol.

But I admire the op's business proposal. it is well thought out.

This is not intended to promote the op though.

Anyone interested, should carry out due diligence prior to signing any agreement with the op.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
uboma:

lol.

But I admire the op's business proposal. it is well thought out.

This is not intended to promote the op though.

Anyone interested, should carry out due diligence prior to signing any agreement with the op.

Investigations are welcome. I am an open book (mostly).
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by bravolad(m): 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
It's not usually as straightforward in practice as it looks. From your presentation, you are willing to pay between 40k & 50k weekly which translates to 4,160,000 & 5,200,000 respectively for 2 years.

I assume that the car will be used in Lagos. As interesting as your presentation seems, this will be difficult to achieve either on either uber & taxify combined, especially giving the current rates for both e-hailing apps coupled with the economic realities. To constantly remit 40 - 50k weekly on current uber/taxify is almost impossible.

Realistically, 30k weekly payment should be ideal going into this business. I have had cars on uber & pulled them out of the system. In Abuja for instance, requests on both uber & taxify have drastically reduced.

Going by your proposal of 40 - 50k weekly remittance, how would you handle repairs along side your needs? It's easy to conclude on how the weekly payment could be achieved but a different kettle of fish to achieve same.

Within the first year of usage, the car will degrade & loose shape requiring more frequent repairs. This is when the problem will start. How do you hope to handle this?

Given the state of car you listed for the business, it will cost more to acquire especially a truly low mileage one. This will further push the final price higher. If I invest 2.4M for instance; I will peg the price at about 4.9M giving that repayment is over 24 months. How would you also factor in depreciation value?

6 Likes

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
Andalucia:

First off, thanks for taking time to go through my post and subsequently posting a reply.

Relative to your question, I have been opportune to operate this business for over four years prior to the advent of Uber and Taxify but as the vehicle owner rather than driver (this affords me much experience on how the business works sans the "e" aspect of it which in my opinion only makes the business easier to run). The "E" aspect of the business is just introducing technology to how a model has been run for ages thus tweaking how it works for the better at a consideration (the commission the technology firm gets). While each venture has it's challenges and peculiarities, I daresay this is one venture that is not rocket science.

Again, I have friends (and a next door neighbour who has been a partner with Uber and also Taxify since their inception hence seen it all, the good and the bad. In fact, I convinced him to provide vehicles for the business even though I couldn't take advantage of the platform given the nature of my job back then) and acquaintances who operate on both ends of the spectrum (drivers and owners) relative to the business. You could say my theoretical knowledge of how this business works is formidable. Before saying such theoretical knowledge may not be practical, bear in mind that the mentioned theoretical knowledge is a function of the practical experience of players in the game; consummate players still in the field of play as at yesterday!

Furthermore, a thorough research into the business will afford the dedicated individual pertinent information needed to thrive in the business. This is a business whose success is largely anchored on having the requisite knowledge relative to peak movement periods, perfect locations, alternative routes to intended destination and above all top-notch customer care (repeat business can do much to boost earnings). This is of course taking for granted the availability of a very sound vehicle as without this every other effort comes to nought.

Let me end by saying that with respect to my part, any intending principal has nothing to fear as he/she will discover. Hoping I answered your query Sir.

collect a car on rental for 1-2months.
get experience and come back.

4 Likes

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by bravolad(m): 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
Andalucia:

Apparently, you don't have a firsthand experience in this industry. If I were you, I will be strictly be interested in using a Toyota Corolla for ruggedness, reliability, good mpg & ease of maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
bravolad:
It's not usually as straightforward in practice as it looks. From your presentation, you are willing to pay between 40k & 50k weekly which translates to 4,160,000 & 5,200,000 respectively for 2 years.

I assume that the car will be used in Lagos. As interesting as your presentation seems, this will be difficult to achieve either on either uber & taxify combined, especially giving the current rates for both e-hailing apps coupled with the economic realities. To constantly remit 40 - 50k weekly on current uber/taxify is almost impossible.

Realistically, 30k weekly payment should be ideal going into this business. I have had cars on uber & pulled them out of the system. In Abuja for instance, requests on both uber & taxify have drastically reduced.

Going by your proposal of 40 - 50k weekly remittance, how would you handle repairs along side your needs? It's easy to conclude on how the weekly payment could be achieved but a different kettle of fish to achieve same.

Within the first year of usage, the car will degrade & loose shape requiring more frequent repairs. This is when the problem will start. How do you hope to handle this?

Given the state of car you listed for the business, it will cost more to acquire especially a truly low mileage one. This will further push the final price higher. If I invest 2.4M for instance; I will peg the price at about 4.9M giving that repayment is over 24 months. How would you also factor in depreciation value?

Thanks for taking time out to post a reply.

I perfectly understand all you've posited. I am not playing the ostrich here.

The major concern I take from your post is in respect to depreciation after a year or thereabout of usage which informs increased service cost which impinges on generated funds. The answer to this is several pronged. One being proper usage of the vehicle in a bid to mitigate against avoidable depreciation and another is the issue of motivation and sacrifice which is exhibited via increased work hours in a bid to make up for financial shortfalls occasioned by vehicle downtime as a result of maintenance. I have owned vehicles for personal and business use and I believe I can make informed deductions based on this.

Relative to the vehicle specs and the attendant repayment value, you may notice that I mentioned in my earlier post about seeking a fair value for the value post repayment. At the prices you mentioned, we are looking at over 100% ROI over two years (which is nothing bad in itself) but at a 70-80% ROI, the figure is less intimidating. It's a matter of getting a principal who agrees to such. I do not kid myself it would be easy getting such a principal but they exist and if you do not ask, you will never know (hence my broadcasting this).

Furthermore, I also made mention of the possibility (in absence of the ideal) of utilising other vehicles that meet two very basic and uncompromising criteria viz; mechanical and cosmetic soundness. Thus while the vehicle may not come with so much bells and whistles (which informs it's high price), the basic functions of reliability, safety and comfort is enough to give it a go.

With all due respect to you Sir, I maintain that remitting the said sums is not an impossible task (the range is there for a purpose-to accommodate the concerns you mentioned). It takes more than just hard-work to succeed, it takes working intelligently and with purpose. There are less orthodox means to make these figures which I am willing to discuss with any interested principal (do you know what having a ready market can do to your business?).

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

collect a car on rental for 1-2months.
get experience and come back.

Thanks for the tip. It is appreciated.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
bravolad:

Apparently, you don't have a firsthand experience in this industry. If I were you, I will be strictly be interested in using a Toyota Corolla for ruggedness, reliability, good mpg & ease of maintenance.

I believe I mentioned a Corolla as one of the cars needed.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
Despite the insightful observations of commentators thus far, I still maintain my stand that the monies I intend remitting to a potential principal is achievable.

I wouldn't know the cadre of operatives that you all may have worked with, or the situations that may have informed your views relative to my proposal but I have seen stats (staring at one right now) of individuals achieving this on a consistent basis and not just one-offs. Never minding these developments,I already have my MO worked out already. I didn't just come here to sound off.

Invest in this and watch me walk the walk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Andalucia:
Despite the insightful observations of commentators thus far, I still maintain my stand that the monies I intend remitting to a potential principal is achievable.

I wouldn't know the cadre of operatives that you all may have worked with, or the situations that may have informed your views relative to my proposal but I have seen stats (staring at one right now) of individuals achieving this on a consistent basis and not just one-offs. Never minding these developments,I already have my MO worked out already. I didn't just come here to sound off.

Invest in this and watch me walk the walk.

Create your own statistics on rental,
then prove to yourself that you can truly walk the walk.

2 Likes

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Create your own statistics on rental,
then prove to yourself that you can truly walk the walk.

Sir, I am a very meticulous individual with respect to any undertaking I initiate. While I understand your skepticism, I still maintain my stand.

In respect to your comeback, when researching any endeavour and making comparisons you consider the factors that engendered a particular development in the independent variable with what currently exist and can affect the dependent variable. When all conditions are the same or even more favourable, you can draw educated inference about the outcome of the research, experiment or experience.

The conditions surrounding individuals that accomplish this feat of remitting sums you may think not feasible are even less favourable than mine.

Having said this, I will hold my peace relative to harping on and on about being able to achieve what I have set out to do. Like I said I have my MO worked out already.

Thanks for your feedback thus far.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2018
Good morning all!

Still bugging everyone about my proposal. If anyone is slightly interested, we could talk and our discussion would be the deciding factor relative to my MO making sound business sense or not.

Looking forward to our talks.

Thanks.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2018
A brother needs a Driving job, he resides in lekki,pls kindly call 07036886002..tnx.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
Harbewilliams:
40k - 50k payment weekly on hire purchase is not achievable. you will end up defaulting in payment.
if you are paying such amount and you're also responsible for maintenance and repairs, and you also have your own personal cost too, feeding and other obligations, how do you cope?

No e-hailing driver can make 100k week in week out in this present pricing, except you want to over work yourself which is not good for your health and the investment.

35k weekly is obtainable, most drivers end up defaulting even with 35k, due to regular repairs, bad car, bad driving attitude, lack of commitment.
car owners suffers, when it comes to hire purchase, but they always think they have nothing to loose, since they dont handle any repairs, some drivers use the vehicle without maintaining for weeks or months then dump the car after defaulting in payment.

I always advice drivers not to take a deal, because of their present situations. they should think beyond the present, you have your name and dignity to protect.

fleetdrive2016@gmail.com(07016682929) whatsapp

We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to monitor their vehicles but want to invest in Uber. So we take care of registration onto the platform, getting the partner a driver, things like insurance, vehicle trackers etc. We also handle the day to day management of the vehicle.

Our terms and Conditions are reasonable putting all parties into consideration.

Thanks for your input and coming from one in the business it is truly appreciated.

I like you way you laid it out; giving practical reasons why the monies to be remitted weekly may not be feasible.

But (yes, you guessed right, there's a rebuttal coming up)...

You may notice that a lot of the reasons you gave why this isn't achievable was premised on 'Human Error' and 'Mechanical Failure' which is a clear and present danger relative to those business. Bad car informs constant repairs which in turn affects available work time. Bad drivers (another human error), lack of commitment, personal financial obligations and otherwise etc. All the aforementioned factors can be remedied if due diligence is carried out by the principal and if the driver involved is properly motivated and driven by a purpose not forgetting availability of a very SOUND vehicle.

Speaking of obligations, it is relative. While one driver has four mouths to feed everyday, another may be a bachelor and this we know affects his financial obligations. Could go on breaking stuff down but, suffice it to say I really appreciate your laying out issues concomitant with the business in such a manner. Thanks once more.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
A lot of the sad stories involved in this business is artificially created. The business ecosystem has less to do with it.

Unscrupulous drivers with ulterior motives keep on telling stories to vehicle owners, lying about not making enough weekly to meet up their financial obligations. The truth most times is they make more than their weekly targets but choose to remit less to the owner (he needs money to settle an emergency, family has to feed etc) knowing that in the long run the frustrated owner takes back his car. What the owner does not know is that the cheat of a driver already has much money salted away, money he was supposed to remit to the vehicle owner. I have mediated on issues like this severally. Like I keep saying, I know how this biz works.

Unscrupulous vehicle owner dump cars that are not mechanically sound (passing it off sometimes as Tokunbo, a claim the uneducated down-on-his-last-luck driver may not be able to verify) on desperate drivers who end up being on first name terms with the neighbourhood mechanic.

While this is not always the case it is a very common scenario in this business. The success of this business is anchored a lot on having a conscientious, intelligent and hardworking operative in tandem with a fair and objective principal coupled with a sound vehicle (can't emphasize the latter enough).

Do get back.

2 Likes

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello all!

Still waiting on the call.

Regards.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Olesekeniwoye(m): 7:09am On Feb 20, 2018
Andalucia:
Hello all!

Still waiting on the call.

Regards.

Clean Toyota Corolla 2004, Tokunbo is available for HP. Upfront payment is compulsory. 08035829033

Cc

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 20, 2018
Olesekeniwoye:

Clean Toyota Corolla 2004, Tokunbo is available for HP. Upfront payment is compulsory. 08035829033

Cc

Response acknowledged.

Many thanks.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
Do give a brother a call. Let's reason together.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
Top of the day to everyone!

Do dial the digits and let's come to terms.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Aro007: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
I called you with a number that ends with 0000. Do return my call
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello!

Will do first thing later today. Just seeing your post. Apologies for not calling thus far.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello all!

Still waiting on a call from informed investors.

Dial the number, you'd be glad you did!
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hi everyone!

It's the weekend!

Make sure one of the things you do this weekend is giving me a call. It'd be one of the smartest things you did in recent times

Believe that.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2018
It is a cool Saturday morning with the air so, crisp and clean courtesy of the downpour in the early hours of the morning.

It's a wonderful time to place that call don't you think? Let's be business partners via this quest of mine. I Assure you you'd be the better for it as you won't regret making my acquaintance.

Call now!
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Lexusgs430: 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Andalucia:
It is a cool Saturday morning with the air so, crisp and clean courtesy of the downpour in the early hours of the morning.

It's a wonderful time to place that call don't you think? Let's be business partners via this quest of mine. I Assure you you'd be the better for it as you won't regret making my acquaintance.

Call now!

Have you called the chap that has a corolla for hire? Would the vehicle be acceptable on the e-halling platforms?
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Have you called the chap that has a corolla for hire? Would the vehicle be acceptable on the e-halling platforms?

Hi, yes I have.

Vehicle is yet to be available (logistics and whatnot) and yes, it is eligible relative to e-hailing biz. It is my hope we can come to some accommodation (the gentleman needs some equity contribution a development I can't fix for now as indicated in my original post).

Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath really as he made me understand he's been swamped with calls from a lot of individuals on a quest like mine and most are coming with some equity unlike me (the 'ole "money talks, bulls@#t walks saying comes to mind).

Thanks for your interest. Truly appreciated.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Lexusgs430: 4:48am On Feb 25, 2018
Andalucia:

Hi, yes I have.

Vehicle is yet to be available (logistics and whatnot) and yes, it is eligible relative to e-hailing biz. It is my hope we can come to some accommodation (the gentleman needs some equity contribution a development I can't fix for now as indicated in my original post).

Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath really as he made me understand he's been swamped with calls from a lot of individuals on a quest like mine and most are coming with some equity unlike me (the 'ole "money talks, bulls@#t walks saying comes to mind).

Thanks for your interest. Truly appreciated.

I know you already eluded to the fact, you might not be able to pay any form of deposit. But that deposit payment, might surely unlock a deal happening & financial commitment on your part......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Are The Dirtiest And The Most Germ-riddled Parts Of Your Car-By Motorpoint / FORGET THE BRAKE. YOU’LL DRIVE ELECTRIC CARS WITH ONE PEDAL / The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.