Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

One Chance: Lessons From My Experience - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Chance: Lessons From My Experience (38071 Views)

'One Chance' Robbers Busted By Police As One Jumps Into Lagoon With Loot. Photo / Lady Bravely Escaped From Suspected 'One Chance' Kidnappers In Rivers (Graphic) / Man Causes Accident While Being Robbed By 'One Chance' Operators In Abuja.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Udochee(m): 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
Sorry about the sad incident. May GOD keep protecting us while we go about our daily hustles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by amicable09(f): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
davide470:
They withdrew all the funds in her accounts. Not so much though. In our kinda business, keeping money in your bank account is not a good investment decision.

Trying to get the bank to provide camera footage of the ATM withdrawal and some other means though. Nigerian Police is something else.
That's just the problem, our Nigerian police don't know how to apply the word 'urgency' in any case reported. It's unfortunate many have given up on them. I pray the bank plays their role well in this investigation.

My heart reaches out to her.
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by amicable09(f): 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
vhickky:
OMG, what a chilling story.... I can imagine the trauma you went through.... I like how your confessions worked for you... nothing was missing, stolen and broken, only your phone....... I pray affliction does not rise the second time...... I am glad they didn't withdraw your hard earned funds.... I really learnt from your story..... you have given me more reasons to hate Lagos....
cc amicable09
Lol. You cannot hate this city of excellence o. I heard it happens in Ibadan too. It's just rampant here that's the only difference. Soon all these buses will be fazed out.

Amen! Affliction will not rise a second time.

1 Like

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Opoki(m): 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
munas:

Which kind of mumu talk is this one? So everybody should be carrying weed and rizla arround abi.Go and sit down
Apply your senses next time before you quote me because I simply shared what saved someone in the OP's case.
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by stunningjudy(f): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
amicable09:

So sorry to read this. Right now too, taking buses frighten me. I try to use BRT as much as I can except for places where I can't get one.

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ellegacy:

Exactly what I did with my mom. Just for when I need some few cash...

undecided undecided undecided Repent o
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by micfoley: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
What a psychologicallly traumatizing experience

1 Like

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by nnamdiosu(m): 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
If I may add to what other people has said....
1. I use Gtb. With Gtb, with Gtb, there is a type of account called target account. Its like another account inside your normal account. Any money shipped there can't be transfered to another account, withdrawn or seen from an ATM etc. It virtually doesn't exist. So what I do it...I move money to it and only money I need in a specific period e.g 2 days to it.

2. No matter the millions in your account, if you ever meet those big bros in the boss DON'T EVER WITHHOLD ANY INFORMATION FROM them. GIVE THEM YOUR PINS TO ALL CARDS ON YOU.

ITS WELL. OP Pele.

1 Like

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by davide470(m): 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
Shukusheka:
Oshey Tilapia! Awon baddest CID of life, Black Panther of Naija! Twale baba. grin grin
LastMumu.. i see you. Lol
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Emeka71(m): 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
pweetyoge:
wooow...what is lasgidi really turning into? To say i understand the trauma you must be feeling right now may sound like an understatement. i was unlucky to have entered a one chance bus after the close of work on the island. To say my God never sleeps nor slumber when we worship him everyday is just a tip of an iceberg..He saves!
omo the way i jumped out or should i say thrown out of the vehicle when i realised what just happened is still a shocker to me till date. These guys are heartless and now they have topped up the game by using more danfo buses. I keep telling my collegues, stop moving around with your Atm card bt instead little cash for the day, at least something one can part away with easily. i know no matter how careful we are, we can not always be sure. So sorry Op for what you passed through, nemesis would definitely catch up with them sooner than they think....
That is exactly my style.
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Rainmaker69(m): 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
amicable09:
I feel compelled to share my story out here so others can learn and act even more smartly when faced with these robbers while on transit....

Sorry to hear about this ordeal. Its good that you are using your experience to help others. I hope you have taken out time to talk to someone, like a counselor or someone mature enough to help you deal with it. PTSD is a common offshoot of such traumatic episodes and I think you should be conscious to address any latent stress.
Take care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by dunasy(f): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
Still on same topic...

My sister works in a financial institution and I sent her the narrative here.

This evening, she sent me this:-

" This is so real oooo

A colleague just told me that this happened to her yesterday morning.

They had five passengers ,wiped off their accounts ,checked their text messages and mobile banking app to ensure no one lied about the amount they had, took all their phones ,then robbed aboniki balm after that"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Babacele: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
I just tire for Naija since reading about your ordeal , amicable09. it is very easy to catch these thieves if our security agencies work. To whom or firm is the POS machine they use assigned? ...and what bank? I just tire. God go catch them sha. sowie dear...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Prudent200: 12:10am On Mar 08, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Thank God you Came out alive. Try get a stun gun or pepper spray.
how much does stun Gun cost?
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by amicable09(f): 5:41am On Mar 09, 2018
Babacele:
I just tire for Naija since reading about your ordeal , amicable09. it is very easy to catch these thieves if our security agencies work. To whom or firm is the POS machine they use assigned? ...and what bank? I just tire. God go catch them sha. sowie dear...
Thanks uncle Cele. One thing I've seen play out many times is that when our security agencies, especially police force are serious about work, they achieve results. They are maybe not motivated well enough to work.

Catching the thieves is very easy. I just didn't have any interest. I'm trying to get my road confidence back cheesy. Thank you for coming around. Good morning.
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2018
Prudent200:
how much does stun Gun cost?
Check Konga or Jumia
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Babacele: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2018
amicable09:

Thanks uncle Cele. One thing I've seen play out many times is that when our security agencies, especially police force are serious about work, they achieve results. They are maybe not motivated well enough to work.

Catching the thieves is very easy. I just didn't have any interest. I'm trying to get my road confidence back cheesy. Thank you for coming around. Good morning.
morning dear....hmmm not well motivated. . no be lie sha and
this is part of the stuffs we would like to present and discuss in a sincere national conference not all these political jamborees.
Good, you overcame the ordeal when you promptly shared your experience on NL. Nice @ road confidence.....Have a splendid day.

1 Like

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2018
How To Get That Dream Job After Graduation?

Especially Lagos, the truth getting a job is much more harder than you think it is. Most companies are not hiring based on school leaving certificates anymore, you need to get ahead and get a edge while you are in school or even if your already a graduate/even if you have a job already but its not your dream job. Don't let anyone lie to you, you can get your dream even in this competitive labor market. All you need to do is get certified in a professional course that is related to your dream job but I guess most already know this, the main issue is to get a very affordable and legitimate training center, Allied Educational Resources Limited offers that.

Visit their website at www.aerng.com to learn more about the courses they are offering and ones that are coming up.
Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by JBoss25(m): 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
This is disheartening

1 Like

Re: One Chance: Lessons From My Experience by faith2ogesco(m): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
Not funny at all. Amicable me what's up. Been a while. So you stay in lere. Meaning ur close to my area.
This story ain't funny tho. I HV just one ATM and its not my salary account cos I no like headache. My sis works in the bank that my salary is sent to. So if I can't remember contact center. Just one call to her and case solved. But its just to pray for grace to avoid them all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Armed Bandits Killed And Arrested In Zamfara Forests (Disturbing Photos) / What Some Nigerian Girls Go Through In Europe To Survive / Kidnappers Hideout Raided In Rivers,3 Rescued, 2 Human Skulls Recovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.