Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:46 PM

N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) (65571 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested With Over N51m Drugs In India (photos) / Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) / Customs Officers Attacked By Smugglers In Ogun. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by goldcoinhub: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
Officers of the Ogun State Area Command of the Nigeria Customs Service has recovered a 2018 model Range Rover SUV in a forest in Ifo Local Government Area after it was abandoned by smugglers during a chase by the customs officer.

In just a period of two weeks the Command has seized a total number of 13 smuggled vehicles.

The Controller of the command, Sani Madugu, said this on Thursday at the Idiroko border while briefing journalists about the seizures made in the area within the period under review.

He said the SUV, which he described as ‘the seizure of the month’, has a total duty payable value of N51.2m.

Madugu said the operatives of the command intercepted the jeep along one of the smugglers’ routes around Ifo in Ifo Local Government Area of the state.

He said the smugglers abandoned the vehicle and fled when they realised the Customs operatives had already closed in on them.

He explained that the jeep has a keyless entry, accessible only through a remote control mode.

Madugu said on sighting Customs operatives the smugglers abandoned the vehicle and ran into the forest.

“This is the seizure of the month. This keyless entry vehicle has a duty payable value of N51.2m,” he said. Apart from the 13 impounded vehicles, there are other seizures made from smugglers within the period and they are 1,168 bags of 50kg foreign rice, 221 kegs of vegetable oil, five sacks of second-hand shoes, and two sacks of second-hand bags"
he said

He added that 12 additional vehicles and 21 motorcycles used as means of conveyance of the bags of rice were also seized.

The Customs boss put the combined duty payable value of all the seizures at N153.86m.

Speaking on the attack on one of the operatives of the Federal Operations Unit, serving in Idiroko border, who was attacked with machete last week by smugglers, he warned that the command would not relent in its efforts to curb smuggling in the state.

He said,

“We will continue to make seizures. We will not fold our arms while the smugglers kill or maime our operatives.

“I want to appeal to traditional rulers and other well-meaning elders in the state to talk to those involved in smuggling to look for other legitimate means of livelihood.”

http://lailasnews.com/see-n51million-range-rover-suv-abandoned-smugglers-ogun/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by micfoley: 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
Wow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by warlordz(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
No prob....sha no dey shoot anyhow when u enter town.

3 Likes

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by warlordz(m): 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided I'M SURPRISED IT WASN'T ABOUT HUMAN HEAD FOUND IN OGUN STATE CAUSE OGUN AND HUMAN HEAD = 5 AND 6
I bet you are not from a better state

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by ProWalker: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided I'M SURPRISED IT WASN'T ABOUT HUMAN HEAD FOUND IN OGUN STATE CAUSE OGUN AND HUMAN HEAD = 5 AND 6

Which state are you from ? Tell us, don't be ashamed to tell us

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by papoudaupolos: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
Only in Nigeria people are buying vehicle and try to evade paying for duty.
You can't try that with pack of toothpick even in our neighbouring countries talkless of European countries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by HOLYDICK(m): 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
Auction that white benz to us abeg grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by lordraiden(m): 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
From the way I see things... It seem paying for the duty cost more than the car.. Me no sabi, wetin concern me.... Bia keke you dey go front

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Dottore: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
chai
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by trouper9(m): 9:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
abeg free man jur

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by michaelwilli(m): 9:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:
Ode leleyi sha

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by introvertedsoul: 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ironically just this morning, there were reports of people carrying rice across the border unchecked in the North.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Dwayndlight: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:

I’m from Ogun and you’re not entirely wrong

It’s unfortunate

14 Likes

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by NaijaMutant(f): 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
They should search that car very well o, there might be human heads hidden in it undecided

I don't gerrit undecided

Why will you abandon such a car because of duty undecided

How much is the duty compare to the value of the car undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
I want to be a custom officer when I grow up

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by trouper9(m): 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
use this thing now
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
51m import duty?.....how much come be the motor? undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by DanielsParker(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
51m just to clear a car? I thought it was 35% of the total Worth?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by busky101(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hope it's not that one that lady importer brought it from Yankee, what's her name again..... Adesuwa or so, on instagram!

2 Likes

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Jayson1: 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:
Same here... Lol. grin
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by nairalanduseles: 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:

abeg go siddon ......ur yeye dey stink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by mccoy47(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
Velar!
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Virus777: 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
undecided

Why is it that heads of Nigerian custom units across the country are always Hausa people or northerners, Sani Madugu. undecided Does it mean that people from SS or SE are not capable of attaining a top rank in the Nigerian customs? Is the customs service meant for only corrupts ab0kis?

Mtchewwwww!!! Shithole!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2018
when you closed in on him, he abandoned the range and ran wit his feet and yet u couldn't reach him after taking the car. APC: something aint adding up except that car is faulty.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Baroba(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
Duty of 51m... shocked shocked And you wonder why smuggling thrives..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by kingreign(m): 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
How much be motor how much he duty? undecided

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by max009(f): 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hmmmm..... Investment

Events unfolds as time fly's...... Top notch event planning and management.

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by InfernoNig: 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
My dream ride.
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
Mehn these customs dey enjoy big time!
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by kaycyor: 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ehh... Why dem no abandon am for front of my house...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Takes Selfie With Her Half Dead Husband, Sends It To Her Boyfriend / Man Rapes 18-Year-old Deaf And Dumb Virgin In Ogun (Photo) / Man Who Tattooed His Wife's Face On His Back, Strangles Her To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.