Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,524 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Prof. Akinwunmi Ishola Is Dead! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prof. Akinwunmi Ishola Is Dead! (689 Views)

Quavo Uses "Musiliu Aruna Ishola" Song As The Intro In His Song (watch) / Ubi Franklin Poses With Akinwunmi Ambode / Professor Akinwunmi Isola Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Akinwunmi Ishola Is Dead! by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Nigerian playwright, dramatist and actor, Prof Akinwumi Ishola has died, aged 79.

Ishola, who wrote the popular play, Efunsetan Aniwura, when he was a student of the University of Ibadan in 1961, died in Ibadan after age-related ailment according to a family source.

“Baba has gone,” said the source, who preferred anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on behalf of the family.

“He had been sick for some time and was getting better. But this morning, he died peacefully. He left a good legacy and his life was a good example for mankind.”

A friend of the deceased and chairman of Kakanfo Inn and Conference Centre, Dr Lekan Are, who also confirmed the demise of the professor of Yoruba and writer of several Yoruba plays, praised Akinwunmi for his passion for Yoruba culture, language and tradition, adding the deceased wife called him early on Saturday to inform him of the actor’s death.

Are said, “When his wife called me this morning, and told me that Ishola had died, I was shocked because I had visited him two weeks ago, when he told me that he was getting better. We had a vibrant discussion. He was excited to see me again.

“This is why I was taken aback by his death. He was a brilliant individual who made Yoruba history popular beyond Africa.

http://punchng.com/renowned-playwright-akinwunmi-ishola-is-dead/

Re: Prof. Akinwunmi Ishola Is Dead! by micfoley: 9:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
RIP. I remember that Efunsetan Aniwura in Yoruba class
Re: Prof. Akinwunmi Ishola Is Dead! by princepeter566: 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
How I wish it will be one of the male cow called.............. that has destroyed this country. RIP in advance
Re: Prof. Akinwunmi Ishola Is Dead! by AntiWailer: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
RIP Prof.

(1) (Reply)

What Turns Regina Daniels Into Something Else / Davido Admits He's A Serial Womanizer, Says He Follows 'everything In Skirt' / Amber Rose Addresses 21 Savage Breakup Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.