Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (54903 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment / It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million — Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
onuhabel1:
so u prefer poverty to riches?
Without money it is not easy to serve God. Ask those who steal and rob and do all manner of things to get money? Are they heading to heaven?
read my earlier post and being rich and poor to understand what bible means by poverty
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by femidejulius(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

yeah free transport service to the gates of hell for hypocrites

Hahaha...One day you will not be able to return. grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
SilvanusII:

Tha HELL!!! I cannot believe I just read this.
what is wrong with what zionmde wrote shocked

go and check the hebrew interpretation of a camel then check what is called the eye of the needle.

if you will check then stop calling hell
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
coolh3ad:

I don't understand that your statement o. How many of his members do you know??. Do you know how many people attends his church nationwide make I no even talk of worldwide oo....
yes papa and mama Ella ,joy kelechi ,na are u happy now
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
efesodje:

Bros I just tire. Na so one guy for my office give he full January salary to church. D guy come meet me say he wan borrow small money from me to manage till dey pay salary, I almost most slap the guy angry
smh 4 him
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
ezesun:

The Bible says that you cannot serve God and mammon. Please do not add to it.
so what is mammon? undecided the male version of mermaid shocked cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by coolh3ad(m): 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
Asowari:
yes papa and mama Ella ,joy kelechi ,na are u happy now

So these are the only people that worship at Oyedepo's church abi?. So because these ones you know are poor or wretched means each and every member of the church is wretched too. Brother!, i reserve my comment on your matter.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2018
coolh3ad:

So these are the only people that worship at Oyedepo's church abi?. I reserve my comment on your matter.
u see ur life, u ask me how many of his church members I know I don tell u, now u dey talk another thing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by coolh3ad(m): 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
Asowari:
u see ur life, u ask me how many of his church members I know I don tell u, now u dey talk another thing

Like I said, I reserve my comment. Okay na. Byeeeee
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

So people of God shouldn't move with entourage? wat was the eunuch moving before God sent Philip to go and baptize him?
Now answer my questions on how much hard work Jesus did to feed the 5000 men and how much hardwork peter invested to catch numerous fishes, lest I forget, how much hard work did Solomon do that gold and silver were so cheap in his days?
if they did no hard work, did bible say men should steal or be lazy?

Jesus feed 5000men but when he and his disciples were hungry they picked through the fields to eat (on a sabbath day sef)

entourage is different from a crowd of followers, they are servants following a king, prince or royalty. question when did 'SERVANT' leave the term 'servants of God' elijah, moses etc

If you say sons of God. Jesus said angels and had no need for peter's sword. Jesus moved alone atimes.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Youngzedd(m): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there

The ways of God is great. Jesus speaks in parables.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
itsloba:
Poor exegesis of Job 22:21-26
shocked

words of zophar read 19: for he oppressed the poor and left them destitute; he has seized houses he did not build
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by anataala: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
Because they are bigbvtime anti chiris thor=femidejulius post=65159746]"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I have always wondered why Nigerian super rich pastors do not talk about the above quoted gospel which Jesus himself spoke.[/quote]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
onuhabel1:
Gone are the days where they quote poverty to be synonymous with Christians and say"as poor as church rats"
They key to the resources of the kingdom has been handed over to the Christians and those who would adhere and comply will be connected to economy if HEAVEN that knows no recession kr dark days.
The Bishop has spoken: it's your choice to make whether to prosper in the right way and still make heaven or suffer and make heaven(ie if your poverty doesn't lead you to sin)
So many people didnt watch the video fully, he said you have to be spiritual..
Listen to the full video and learn the keys that worked for him and he's enjoying Phil 4:19 so that you also can enjoy prosperity of heaven.
When unbelievers see this kind of a post and rants, let the wise watch and pick out for secrets.
Selah
being spiritual does mean you're a believer of Christ Jesus
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Frankyboy1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
HigherEd:

We are talking A you are talking Z. I thought this thread was about talking about the wealth of God's servants
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by kense88: 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
And we have millions of people hungry and jobless. Such a shameless crook
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

Indeed, u are blaspheming the work of God if u tell me Abraham, Isaac and Jacob got rich through hard work and not through God's supernatural supply. OK how did Joseph get rich?
Tell me how hard Isaac worked to cause an infertile land that didn't produce yield for the owners to give Isaac a 100 fold harvest
tell me wat the bible meant by saying that God blessed Abraham with cattle's and servants?
Tell me how Jacob became richer than his employer
tell me how Jesus got so much money that his disciples didn't know wen Judas was looting his treasury
The money Jesus used in paying tax, did he get it by hard work?
the numerous fishes peter caught, did he catch it by hardwork!?
did Jesus feed the 5009 by hard work?
gen 26:1 FAMINE :2 PROMISE vs8 when Isaac HAD BEEN THERE A LONG TIME

gen 31:6-9 JACOB

ARE YOU EXPECTING JESUS, LORD OF THE HOUSE, TO PAY TITHE. peter gave an answer and needed to be taught the truth. those men set it as a trap for Jesus.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
if they did no hard work, did bible say men should steal or be lazy?
I never said be lazy, but its detrimental not to know wen to attribute your success to ur hard work and wen to attribute it to God's grace

Jesus feed 5000men but when he and his disciples were hungry they picked through the fields to eat (on a sabbath day sef)
Answer my question, wat hard work did Jesus do to feed the 5000. Wat hard work did Jesus do to get money to pay his tax? wat hard work did Jesus do to get money to send his disciples to another city to buy meat?

entourage is different from a crowd of followers, they are servants following a king, prince or royalty. question when did 'SERVANT' leave the term 'servants of God' elijah, moses etc
Wat was following the eunuch was entourage before God found him, after he was baptized, why didn't Philip ask him to disperse his entourage and servants?

f you say sons of God. Jesus said angels and had no need for peter's sword. Jesus moved alone atimes.
why did peter carry sword in the first place? was Jesus not aware of it? why did Jesus ask them to sell their garments and buy a sword?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
femidejulius:

Hahaha...One day you will not be able to return. grin
but I must drop u there before that day. moreover my last journey may be the one I will go to drop u off
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
Obdk:

tithes and offerings Jesus did not do.
so he is doing great things.

e never hook me i no wan just say some things..
hahahahahaha John 4:8 where did the disciples get money from to buy food? the money Judas was stealing from the purse, where did it come from?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
gen 26:1 FAMINE :2 PROMISE vs8 when Isaac HAD BEEN THERE A LONG TIME

gen 31:6-9 JACOB

ARE YOU EXPECTING JESUS, LORD OF THE HOUSE, TO PAY TITHE. peter gave an answer and needed to be taught the truth. those men set it as a trap for Jesus.
hahahaha Jesus needed to pay tax at the moment and he did so, I don't care why he did it, my only question is, Wat hard work did he do to get the money?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
adegeye38:
People just like twisting tins

what he means is that our blessing in God has no limit, no price tag, cos the source you are connected to is forever and unlimited, simple

thats y a Child of God cannot have a networth, he is simply blessed
then let what he means and what he says be in unison. if he preaches spiritual blessing let that be the focus and not interject it with how can you be poor if you are spiritually blessed causing confusion with inaccurate interpretation giving people false expectation.

if he also says tithing is key and does who dont tithing will have tight God's hand from blessing them.

a person with subtle lack of clarity is often deceptive
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by HeroicMeastro: 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
onuhabel1:
Papa Oyedepo in a video released by the Winners Chapel London has said in a message on the secrets of prosperity that it's an insult for him to worth 150million dollars that he's worth more than that quoting Philipians 4:19.

You can watch the whole video to learn the secrets of financial blessings and see the outcome of how you'll be blessed or watch from 1min 5sec to watch him say he's worth more than what Forbes said
Remain blessed and Happy Sunday

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1617445261676702&id=136247606463149&ref=bookmarks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OwzymLyzPE
Shameless!!!
After robbing your members for decades
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by AreaFada2: 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lol.

That seems like bragging to me. I thought Christianity talks a lot about humility.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by donnie(m): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
too bad it's the beggars and those on the streets that attended God's banquet.

yet many claim children of Abraham (even lacking his humility) alas but not by the spirit.

Have you heard of a poor man arranging a banquet before?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by RealGucci: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
greedy ass mofo
wen he dies
his children will cart away wit the money
its always about money
money
and money

abegi

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

I never said be lazy, but its detrimental not to know wen to attribute your success to ur hard work and wen to attribute it to God's grace
Answer my question, wat hard work did Jesus do to feed the 5000. Wat hard work did Jesus do to get money to pay his tax? wat hard work did Jesus do to get money to send his disciples to another city to buy meat?
Wat was following the eunuch was entourage before God found him, after he was baptized, why didn't Philip ask him to disperse his entourage and servants?
why did peter carry sword in the first place? was Jesus not aware of it? why did Jesus ask them to sell their garments and buy a sword?
1. every1 that succeeds does so cause God lets them, whether they thank him or not.
2. God feed them the miraclurous as he did their fathers in desert.
3. you didn't answer my questions!

4. like i said entourage are for kings, government official. that is why i didnt list david

kindly don't rerepeat what you have said and answer me
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by BushWickBill: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there
Stop telling lies to protect your lying pastors.

You and all the brain-dead go0ns that liked your posts are going to hell for peddling lies.

There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that the Eye of the Needle as referenced by Christ is indeed a gate. Go to Nehemiah to check the list of Gates around the city of Jerusalem.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jerusalem-s-old-city-gates

http://www.jesusplusnothing.com/studies/online/nehem3.htm

And even if that were the case, the issue of the eye of the needle is such that a camel has to strip itself of every entanglement to pass through that gate, hence the rich man would need to divest himself of love for material things to be able to enter heaven.

And why would a camel need to pass through a gate that is not wide enough for it when other gates would suffice? ?

Doesn't this tell you how stup1d that interpretation of yours is?

Oga stop lying. It's Sunday. You must not tell lies to defend vanity and falsehood.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Ceasardgreat(m): 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
Grace is different nairalanders.

Have you ever asked why more than one person cannot be a president at a time?

Answer=Grace

Have you wondered why a few are rich and some are poor.

Answer=Grace

It doesn't come cheap! Its pure diligence and hardwork.

So if you're hating take a back seat and control your jealousy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
1. every1 that succeeds does so cause God lets them, whether they thank him or not.
2. God feed them the miraclurous as he did their fathers in desert.
3. you didn't answer my questions!

4. like i said entourage are for kings, government official. that is why i didnt list david

kindly don't rerepeat what you have said and answer me
if God fed them miraculously, why won't God make someone to prosper miraculously?
I asked u first, where did Jesus get money to pay tax? was it not also miraculously?
lastly the bible never mentioned that entourage should be for kings alone, or do u have a bible reference?
before u ask me if Jesus had entourage, yes he did, his disciples were not only there to follow him but to protect him from the crowd. Read ur bible very well
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

hahahaha Jesus needed to pay tax at the moment and he did so, I don't care why he did it, my only question is, Wat hard work did he do to get the money?
He did no hard work at that time doesn't he survived all his life doing nothing.

you are drawing an irresponsible conclusion. lemme return the favor

why was Jesus hungry then cursed a fig tree? why was he hungry and picking from the fields? why did he ask peter to go and fish and not let the needed fish or fishes appear?

Jesus promised provision for his disciples (that portion of his followers that he called out of their daily work) daily need and not an outpouring of wealth.

yes God performed miracles and provided and Jesus didnt have to beg anyone to give him, he fed 5000 without spending even though they had a collection bag. Jesus was not money minded, even taught his disciples to go on mission without a dime and trust God to provide.

he didn't tell them to give false promise so as to enter cities...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Johnbosco77(m): 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
if only you know who you are chating with. I am not a salary earner but the least salary I pay my staff if we calculate base on commission in a month is not less than #800k. so u can assume my worth.
please learn to chat ease
employ me naaa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Saw Bishop David Oyedepo In Hell With His Followers - Female Preacher (Video) / Catholic Diocese Of Enugu Shuts Down Father Mbaka's Adoration Ministry / Woman Shares Message She Received From Her Pastor Who Acts 'Holy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.