Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (54907 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment / It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million — Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
BushWickBill:

Stop telling lies to protect your lying pastors.

You and all the brain-dead go0ns that liked your posts are going to hell for peddling lies.

There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that the Eye of the Needle as referenced by Christ is indeed a gate.

And even if that were the case, the issue of the eye of the needle is such that a camel has to strip itself of every entanglement to pass through that gate, hence the rich man would need to divest himself of love for material things to be able to enter heaven.

And why would a camel need to pass through a gate that is not wide enough for it when other gates would suffice? ?

Doesn't this tell you how stup1d that interpretation of yours is?

Oga stop lying. It's Sunday.
Hannah aha
I will still laugh at the type of venom u are pouring out. stop being a Sunday Sunday Christian. try to study broadly. so the bible should come and start explaining Wat the eye of the needle meant wen the Jews he was talking to all knew about it abi?
secondly Philip converted a eunuch who was very wealthy, why didn't Philip complain about the man's wealth before baptizing him? Do u know how wealthy Cornelius was? do u know how wealthy one of the centurion of the world's greatest army of the time would be?
spare me ur poverty anointing and gospel, Jesus was made poor that I might become rich, if u don't like that verse of u scripture, tear it off and remain poor

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
He did no hard work at that time doesn't he survived all his life doing nothing.

you are drawing an irresponsible conclusion. lemme return the favor

why was Jesus hungry then cursed a fig tree? why was he hungry and picking from the fields? why did he ask peter to go and fish and not let the needed fish or fishes appear?

Jesus promised provision for his disciples (that portion of his followers that he called out of their daily work) daily need and not an outpouring of wealth.

yes God performed miracles and provided and Jesus didnt have to beg anyone to give him, he fed 5000 without spending even though they had a collection bag. Jesus was not money minded, even taught his disciples to go on mission without a dime and trust God to provide.

he didn't tell them to give false promise so as to enter cities...
the fig tree Jesus went to pluck, was he the one that planted it?
Yes Jesus sent his disciples on a second mission and he asked them to carry enough ( or u didn't see that one)
hahahaha where exactly did Jesus get the money he used to provide for his disciples' daily need?
lastly do u have any evidence of a false promises Oyedepo made?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

if God fed them miraculously, why won't God make someone to prosper miraculously?
lastly the bible never mentioned that entourage should be for kings alone, or do u have a bible reference?
before u ask me if Jesus had entourage, yes he did, his disciples were not only there to follow him but to protect him from the crowd. Read ur bible very well
o clap for yourself, you read the bible.

the disciples treated Jesus like he was a king, even fought to have a special seat. did Jesus commend their actions. since you read the bible you should know the verses, the children, mother of sick girl, washing their feet, the several times he went alone, was alone, preached and healed without them around.

it's people like you aethists have a field day with, you already assume you know it.

now your asking, did the bible mention entourage, is the bible a guide for diplomatic visits?

yes Jesus had angels, so did peter, paul and the rest.

God prospers whoever in whatever way.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
donnie:

Have you heard of a poor man arranging a banquet before?
how does a poor man attending a banquet relate to your question grin

did God ask any man to arrange him a banquet?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
o clap for yourself, you read the bible.

the disciples treated Jesus like he was a king, even fought to have a special seat. did Jesus commend their actions. since you read the bible you should know the verses, the children, mother of sick girl, washing their feet, the several times he went alone, was alone, preached and healed without them around.

it's people like you aethists have a field day with, you already assume you know it.

now your asking, did the bible mention entourage, is the bible a guide for diplomatic visits?

yes Jesus had angels, so did peter, paul and the rest.

God prospers whoever in whatever way.
did Jesus condemn their actions?
I don't care about Wat atheists think its their business
if u can't condemn an action using the bible as a reference then swerve
Oyedepo also have angels the same with me
Who told u God didn't choose to prosper oyedepo

GO AHEAD WITH UR POVERTY ANNOINTING
I REST MY CASE HERE
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by BushWickBill: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

Hannah aha
I will still laugh at the type of venom u are pouring out. stop being a Sunday Sunday Christian. try to study broadly. so the bible should come and start explaining Wat the eye of the needle meant wen the Jews he was talking to all knew about it abi?
[s]secondly Philip converted a eunuch who was very wealthy, why didn't Philip complain about the man's wealth before baptizing him? Do u know how wealthy Cornelius was? do u know how wealthy one of the centurion of the world's greatest army of the time would be?
spare me ur poverty anointing and gospel, Jesus was made poor that I might become rich, if u don't like that verse of u scripture, tear it off and remain poor[/s]

This fraud.

Please counter the facts I put out.

Prove to me that the "eye of the needle" was indeed a physical gate like you claimed.

If you can't, just shut up and face your front.

If your pride won't let you, I will help you shut your loud lying mouth.

I stopped being a "Christian" because of lying, vain,proud people like you. I cannot be bothered to associate myself with liars like your type.

I have decided to listen to the (mostly drivel) nonsense that you have put up there. You have absolutely nothing on this matter. I think you should be the one to read widely because if you did, it would only counter your stup1d superiority complex that you are struggling so hard to impose.
I have brought Nehemiah 3 as a reference to show that no such gate existed. Please bring yours to prove your point and counter mine. It is really that simple.

Otherwise remain the ignorant, ignoble, disingenuous fellow that you have always been.

As for the second part, I can't even understand where all that nonsense was coming from. You make a lot of nonsense and thrash for waste companies to make a living of.
I didn't need that silly lecture. Please spare me.

All I want is a reference to that your "Eye of the Needle" claim.

Thank you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

hahahaha Jesus needed to pay tax at the moment and he did so, I don't care why he did it, my only question is, Wat hard work did he do to get the money?
did Jesus survive on miracle money?

what was his salary doing the work of his father, that he went hungry and the time he was not eating.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by sulasa07(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
are u a follower of Old Testament or new one? tell us one rich man that won the favour of God in the New Testament.
why do you people preach like the Pharisees who like to quote the scriptures to favour themselves? the Carmel and the needles eye alone explains it all even to a novice yet you saying the needle is something else. anything you said the needle is can the Carmel pass through it with ease? in simple English the Carmel and the rich man is a simily
My guy,av u forgotten they need to be in presence of holy madness to interpret the bible
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by sulasa07(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

I don't about God allowing his children to be rich in old testament and asking them not be rich new testament. I am a seed of Abraham and prosperity is my inheritance.
So according to u, if I get a good job of 1million salary, I should reject it?
bros if u re poor, dust ur ass and go and make money. The gospel cannot be propagated without money
The centurion for whom Peter prayed for was mega rich. go and learn wat it meant to be a roman centurion
You are a seed of Abraham my shit,ar u from Asia or Africa or both or bcoz Jesus is from Israel,den spiritually u AR from Asia.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ceasardgreat:
Grace is different nairalanders.

Have you ever asked why more than one person cannot be a president at a time?

Answer=Grace

Have you wondered why a few are rich and some are poor.

Answer=Grace

It doesn't come cheap! Its pure diligence and hardwork.

So if you're hating take a back seat and control your jealousy
if takes diligence and hardwork then it's not grace your after.

grace to work, not work to grace.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
bushwickbill check another translation or interpretation for the term used in "camel" could also mean "thread"

eye of the needle is a phrase meaning difficulty not impossibility that is why Jesus used the comparing term 'easier'
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

did Jesus condemn their actions?
I don't care about Wat atheists think its their business
if u can't condemn an action using the bible as a reference then swerve
Oyedepo also have angels the same with me
Who told u God didn't choose to prosper oyedepo

GO AHEAD WITH UR POVERTY ANNOINTING
I REST MY CASE HERE
no he encouraged undecided (in a sarcastic voice)

you don't need a bible reference, you read the bible remember.

like I said God can let a wicked man prosper, that is why he said, this people say i take pleasure in the prosperity of the wicked.

Jesus said God sends rain upon both the good and the evil.

don't be like job's friends, wealth doesn't define God's favor upon a man's life and doesn't prove such a man is walking under God's light.

well the anointed was poor, picked up the cross and died and like paul said if such fate await me, TO DIE IS GAIN.

false teachers have no place with God, Matt 7:15-23
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
BushWickBill:

This fraud.

Please counter the facts I put out.

Prove to me that the "eye of the needle" was indeed a physical gate like you claimed.

If you can't, just shut up and face your front.

If your pride won't let you, I will help you shut your loud lying mouth.

I stopped being a "Christian" because of lying, vain,proud people like you. I cannot be bothered to associate myself with liars like your type.

I have decided to listen to the (mostly drivel) nonsense that you have put up there. You have absolutely nothing on this matter. I think you should be the one to read widely because if you did, it would only counter your stup1d superiority complex that you are struggling so hard to impose.
I have brought Nehemiah 3 as a reference to show that no such gate existed. Please bring yours to prove your point and counter mine. It is really that simple.

Otherwise remain the ignorant, ignoble, disingenuous fellow that you have always been.

As for the second part, I can't even understand where all that nonsense was coming from. You make a lot of nonsense and thrash for waste companies to make a living of.
I didn't need that silly lecture. Please spare me.

All I want is a reference to that your "Eye of the Needle" claim.

Thank you.

sorry I don't have time for atheists. I always make it clear on this forum. Find someone else to pour ur frustrations on

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
sulasa07:

My guy,av u forgotten they need to be in presence of holy madness to interpret the bible
lol
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

the fig tree Jesus went to pluck, was he the one that planted it?
Yes Jesus sent his disciples on a second mission and he asked them to carry enough ( or u didn't see that one)
hahahaha where exactly did Jesus get the money he used to provide for his disciples' daily need?
lastly do u have any evidence of a false promises Oyedepo made?
first of my posts have nothing to do with oyedepo, or maybe you think they do because the truth does agree with him.

enough of what and for what? do not remove the purpose of a text and input yours.

read the laws in israel about letting the poor, windows, orphans and less privilegde eat from their trees and fields taking enough they could eat for that day.

but but you read the bible
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by donnie(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
how does a poor man attending a banquet relate to your question grin

did God ask any man to arrange him a banquet?

And how did you come about "banquet" when the OP mentioned nothing in that regard?

Nevertheless, In Mat 22 & Luke 14 the Lord Himself likened the kingdom of heaven to a man who organized a feast. So what's your headache. Is it your banquet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by donnie(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

sorry I don't have time for atheists. I always make it clear on this forum. Find someone else to pour ur frustrations on

cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
donnie:

And how did you come about "banquet" when the OP mentioned nothing in that regard?

Nevertheless, In Mat 22 & Luke 14 the Lord Himself likened the kingdom of heaven to a man who organized a feast. So what's your headache. Is it your banquet?
yes it is my banquet and thank you for asking I don't have a headache grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by leye4u: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
femidejulius:
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I have always wondered why Nigerian super rich pastors do not talk about the above quoted gospel which Jesus himself spoke.
Study your Bible and go to a Bible believing church ,Study church history.....if possible visit Israel .....The "eye of the needle" is a particular gate in Isreal that the camels find hard to pass through, we are the seed of Abraham and we have a great inheritance in Christ... The bible says "I wish above ALL things that thou mayest PROSPER and be in HEALTH even as thy soul prospereth..
Poverty doesn't glorify God ,poverty is a DISABILITY that prevents a man from doing what he would have loved to do with money.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by brojoshua: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
But truly, truly I say unto you sir, all that you have and worth and ye yourself is reserved for eternal destruction in the day of the Lord for thou also are a beast sitting upon thy own water. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loose his soul, what will he give in exchange for his soul. And you have received thy own consolation on the earth and that is all ye have for thou has no portion in the kingdom of God
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by misturaces(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
It does not mean Christians must be poor to prove they serve God. Remember it's the love of money and not having money is said to be the root of all evil. Pastor Oyedepo just clearly asserting his blessings in Christ Jesus. Thank you.
XKZ:

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Matthew 6:24 (NIV)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by itsloba: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
shocked

words of zophar read 19: for he oppressed the poor and left them destitute; he has seized houses he did not build
Yap and not the words of God. And by laying gold as dust means to see gold as nothing but dust. Verse 26 says and God shall be your gold.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by asamaigho(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there

Bros there is no such thing as needle eye gate in Jerusalem,its purely unfounded in history.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Abusombody: 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
Í Wonder why People We come online to insult And criticize Men of God, where were ú at The begining when they started their Journey with pain and suffering....... We are all concern with their victory neglecting The other side of it.... Can we Learn from The moslem how they keep secret of their afã or leaders within them And Will never insult or criticize them on social platform. A Word is enough for The wise
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by KaptainAfrika: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
Including the Christians dying for their faith in the middle-east and the North? or the Christians of the early church who were fed to lions in the arena? or the missionaries who left the comfort of their homes, to share the gospel with the lost?

hisgrace090:
God is in the business of making people rich through covenant.

This is a fact!

See job 36-11/ its reads, if they obey and serve Him, they will spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Charles4075(m): 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
femidejulius:

Boy,I don't know you run a transport service to hell. grin
This got me real hard. Lolzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by lloyds(m): 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
It is not the destiny of every Christian to be poor.

As long as you don't love the money above God, he doesn't have issues with you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by bid4rich(m): 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
God gave him power to get more than he had before. Job did not give any special offering for God's mercy, infact was there anything he could give except not to deny God and cause him.

yes God is ALMIGHTY and does as it pleases him

If you read the bible well, the bible says Job was a man that feared God and eschew evil. Now, that is spirituality. Connect that to 3John vs 2 and get the answer and then connect it to what Oyedepo said about spirituality

Also, the bible says Job always continually offer sacrifices to God on behalf of himself and his children in case they have sinned. That is what?............ Answer that.

God told him to pray for his friends and God blessed him twice of more than he had before. It means that there is always what to do to get God blessing. God is not a largesse God, He is not a father Xmas. He operate on terms.

Abraham obeyed God and He also pay 10th of all to Mechizedek and he was blessed in return. When someone says I am blessed of God, ask him/her whether he has not done something

God bless
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Smutt360raven: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
It's a pity. Sheeples
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by adegeye38(m): 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
then let what he means and what he says be in unison. if he preaches spiritual blessing let that be the focus and not interject it with how can you be poor if you are spiritually blessed causing confusion with inaccurate interpretation giving people false expectation.

if he also says tithing is key and does who dont tithing will have tight God's hand from blessing them.

a person with subtle lack of clarity is often deceptive
Bishop David Oyedepo is always clear and he backs whatever he says with God's word, He is talking about physical blessings, you cant be blessed physically and not be blessed spiritually its impossible, If as a child of God you are not physically blessed, then there idsomething you are not doing right,

Tithing like praise is an important aspect of Christianity

It is an act of faith and acknowledgment of God in your life, just like praising him, God doesnt eat your Praise nor does he need your money, but for that act and acknowledgment, he blesses you, and then tithing becomes a normal thing, it becomes a life style, that the secret of tithing

and its an important aspect of financial blessing in Christendom

Gods plan and purpose for everyman his glorious, but it is by our actions, sin, disobedience and so on that affects it

But if we do the right thing the prosperity for every believer is according to God's reaches in his kingdom and thats the greatest tin ever

Christianity is not theoretical, nor is it abstract, its something you experience, its a way of life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Saw Bishop David Oyedepo In Hell With His Followers - Female Preacher (Video) / Catholic Diocese Of Enugu Shuts Down Father Mbaka's Adoration Ministry / Woman Shares Message She Received From Her Pastor Who Acts 'Holy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.