Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (54905 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment / It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million — Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by africanusvu(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there
.Am nor sure if this comment is actually coming from a Christian.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
But is it appropriate for a supposed man of of God to boast of his wealth and to use US dollar for that matter as a yardstick to measure his worth? We live in a generation that calls evil good and so whatever any pastor says some fools must rise in their surppot. Pastors living a worldly life. Nonsense
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Brush1: 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
All I can tell is that going by the behaviour of humans as it relates to the degree of our decadence. Is obvious we are out of control, disrespectful and disloyal to God.

By that, God may decide to emerge with a different criteria by which we would be judged. His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are his ways our ways. Let all behave ourselves by doing the right thing. Because we have a definite sense of right and wrong.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Macmoni(m): 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
XKZ:

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Matthew 6:24 (NIV)
ehn! how did he worship money naw??
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by excel123: 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by chrmn1: 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

sorry I don't have time for atheists. I always make it clear on this forum. Find someone else to pour ur frustrations on
Nice work buddy. I read a lot of posts of people criticising the Bishop for the statement he made about he being worth more than the quoted figures and I thought to myself, these guys didn't watch the video but just hastily ran with the thread topic.

I wish people would see that the entire revelation of God from Genesis to revelation is relevant to us today. He says, "all scripture is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and nstruction in righteousness." Even the practices of killing rams and sheeps were significant because they pointed to something that was to come. Whenever we have such an occurrence, the bible always clarifies the meaning and significance of such practices in our context today.

Also, Christ was made poor so that we through his poverty might become rich. Let me quite the entire passage for those who would want to twist the interpretation of these plain words to suit their agenda. The scripture below 2 Corinthians 8:7-9 clearly talks about money, kudi, ego, owo not spiritual riches.

"7But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you—see that you also excel in this grace of giving.
8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich."

You see the Apostles carried on with the sufferings of Jesus because they were commissioned to drink of his cup and that was why most of them died martyrs. Some were beheaded and others were crucified upside down, etc. because it was so ordained that they would have a special place above anyone else in the kingdom of God.

The whole revelation of God to man has been progessive and every step of the way He has never left us in the dark. Bishop was spot on about our worth in Christ and even sold to us the inspired idea that giving in church will never substitute right living. Some people need to give their heads a wobble.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
Only Nigeria has pastors who are full time pastors.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by BluntBoy(m): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2018
onuhabel1:
so u prefer poverty to riches?
Without money it is not easy to serve God. Ask those who steal and rob and do all manner of things to get money? Are they heading to heaven?

Just like poverty, riches makes it difficult to serve God.

The best thing in life, especially for someone who claims to be a religious leader, is to ask for his daily bread, clothes and a roof over his head. Every other thing can be a distraction.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by cornerstone4ty: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2018
What is the riches of God? Ephesians. 1:7. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace. Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. We should have the spiritual and scripture understanding what the riches of God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 19, 2018
sokera:
May God forgive you

May thunder kill you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Osezua: 11:49am On Feb 19, 2018
BushWickBill:

Stop telling lies to protect your lying pastors.

You and all the brain-dead go0ns that liked your posts are going to hell for peddling lies.

There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that the Eye of the Needle as referenced by Christ is indeed a gate. Go to Nehemiah to check the list of Gates around the city of Jerusalem.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jerusalem-s-old-city-gates

http://www.jesusplusnothing.com/studies/online/nehem3.htm

Why dont you also read the concluding statement of Jesus in Matthew 19: 24 - 26. Dont read only one part.

And even if that were the case, the issue of the eye of the needle is such that a camel has to strip itself of every entanglement to pass through that gate, hence the rich man would need to divest himself of love for material things to be able to enter heaven.

And why would a camel need to pass through a gate that is not wide enough for it when other gates would suffice? ?

Doesn't this tell you how stup1d that interpretation of yours is?

Oga stop lying. It's Sunday. You must not tell lies to defend vanity and falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Osezua: 11:56am On Feb 19, 2018
cornerstone4ty:
What is the riches of God? Ephesians. 1:7. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace. Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. We should have the spiritual and scripture understanding what the riches of God.

With man it is imposible but with God all things are possible. A wealthy man can make heaven with God's grace. Read Mark 10:24 -27 and Matthew 19: 24 -26
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by batxano: 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
what controversy is the OP trying to create here. I am worth more than billions of the combination of dollars, euro, pounds and all strong currencies in the world. The worth of christ in any human is completely priceless. Except you do not have christ in you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by remigiusizunna(m): 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
Show me the tangible works/means of livelihood these ones had before mounting the pulpit.
Mr. defender (church goer)

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Smony: 6:58am On Feb 20, 2018
can he buy heaven ticket with d money? Mr. man of god. learn humility n a life style of Christ nt bragging around dat ur rich. all dis are vanity upon vanity.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by cornerstone4ty: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2018
2Peter 3-15:16. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16. As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understand, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Teeboi56: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2018
bidierichie:

Poor you! You go get spiritual understanding and do what God says you should do and you will have enough capital you ever need for your business. Let me help you small, go and do Matthew 6:33 and see how God will decorate your life
Accepted am poor is not easy to be an orphan can u help me out?
I we appreciate
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by cornerstone4ty: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
I could read some arrogant, harsh and foul expressions from so called Christians here, please let us humble ourselves, even Christ our Saviour and Redeemer humble himself to the point of death. Philippians 2:5-11.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Ifunanya327(f): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2018
coolh3ad:

Don't you feel insulted when someone tries to belittle you?. Be sincere. Yes or no...
he's a pastor.. He shouldn't be claiming worldly possession.. Shey na them say na vanity
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by cornerstone4ty: 8:32am On Feb 24, 2018
Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for the man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 1Corinthains 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 2Corinthains 4:3-4: But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2Timothy 3:1-2. 1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
hisgrace090:
God is in the business of making people rich through covenant.

This is a fact!

See job 36-11/ its reads, if they obey and serve Him, they will spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure.
show me the disciples n apostles of Jesus who spent their days in prosperity n their years in pleasure !

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Saw Bishop David Oyedepo In Hell With His Followers - Female Preacher (Video) / Catholic Diocese Of Enugu Shuts Down Father Mbaka's Adoration Ministry / Woman Shares Message She Received From Her Pastor Who Acts 'Holy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.