Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Have You Ever Heard God Speak? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Heard God Speak? (16258 Views)

Funny Prayer Request(s) You've Ever Heard / Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? / What Language Did God Speak During Creation? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by adepeter2027(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2018
Trustme2:

Babe hope you're safe? Which church is that? Don't conclude maybe they want to come give their lives to Christ
or they (ie the Herdsmen) wanna send them to Christ
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by HausaOverlord: 11:17am On Feb 18, 2018
emerged01:
Around 2004,I took part time form from Yabatech. I received an instruction within me that I shouldnt tell anybody except two of my friends who were already in Yabatech. I'm not the type that keep things to myself,after that warning,I tried.
After some months,my name was on admission list . I couldn't control my joy I told one of my colleagues at work. This my colleague told my supervisor who was like a blood bother to me. When he got to know he became angry with me and asked why I didn't tell him i took a form from Yabatech. In my response,I told him I forgot,and I apologized to him.
He said one that made me confirmed it was God's voice I heard warning me not tell anybody. He said he has seeked for admission for three times in Yabatech but he was denied that was why he gave up and took laspotech form;he said if he knew i was trying to get into Yabatech,he would have convinced me not to try it but advice me to laspotech form because of his experience. I thanked God that help me to guard my tongue not to say it out.
ehyaa sorry u here, next stop psych ward asap
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by HausaOverlord: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2018
Religion has been Africans greatest problem, it will never be well with the mutherfuckers that brought this upon us

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by exlinkleads(f): 11:29am On Feb 18, 2018
SEYILIGHT:
To you attacking this topic;

What happens in a situation whereby 10 different men of God are saying the same thing concerning your life, are you saying they are all schizophrenic?

Have u ever heard of Zodiac signs before? pretty much what they are telling u is mere imaginations, common sense or ur Zodiac sign disadvantages.

wise up
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by j1mmy: 11:31am On Feb 18, 2018
Belief in god without research and evidence + religions = the biggest hindrance to progress and human development among Africans!

Africans are rated the most stupid and backward people on earth thanks to illiterate beliefs!

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Epositive(m): 11:36am On Feb 18, 2018
adepeter2027:
What difference(s) would it still make if i do?
I tire o brother peteru cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by adepeter2027(m): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2018
HausaOverlord:
Religion has been Africans greatest problem, it will never be well with the mutherfuckers that brought this upon us
Amen oo

A big amen

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by munas: 11:41am On Feb 18, 2018
KDK:
Yes.. as clearly as you would hear your audio system speak. God is real. Whether you believe it or not. Infact your believing that God speaks does not add anything to what God is doing and your disbelief does not remove anything.

Dont mind the serial unbelievers....
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by brainhgeek(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2018
hakeem4:
abeg what language does god speak to you in ?
He is the God of all flesh. He speaks the language of all men.
However, god (according to what you typed) could be dumb and irresponsive like baal on mount Carmel because he/it is lifeless
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by xangerar: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2018
The first time God spoke to me in audible voice was in November,2006; it was in English and he leaned over my left ear, after a morning devotion and said thus, "There is going to be a war,but you will win".

December 4, 2006, that war came into full effect and ravaged me mercilessly.

January, 2007 I had just simply asked if I should leave school since my circumstance had gone horribly bad and I was unsure I could sit for my exams the next week. And I heard Him aloud again; "Mark 13:11", He said.

I ran to read the portion from the NIV bible on my desk. Once I had read the portion, he added, "Mark15:8", which I also read and then understanding and peace came, the basis upon which I stayed back in school to sit for that exam.

June/July 2007 I escaped an attack from cult boys who raided my hostel. I was a specific target of that evening attack for unwittingly confronting them some weeks back.

I heard God ask me to leave the hostel just five minutes before the attackers invaded Mgbajiaka Hostel.He spoke in English.

In 2009 he spoke to me again in a very loud voice that I almost thought the person standing beside me heard Him too. He spoke in English.

In January, 2010 just after my father's death, he spoke to me again in a near audible voice. The language was English again with a date attached. It was eventually the agreed date for my father's burial.

That was the last and I think that is a pain to me.
Yes, I heard him in audible voices on these occasions. Those were sure experiences and not at all taken uncertain.

I wish I had heard him more since then.

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Aurelia038: 11:50am On Feb 18, 2018
smiley yep
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by brainhgeek(m): 11:51am On Feb 18, 2018
adepeter2027:

But sorry he can't cos he doesn't exist
He doesn't exist to you because you have not experienced Him or seen Him. Suffice to say you don't have a brain because you have not seen your brain or you do not breath air because you have never seen it before. You are too addicted to theories science (which are never called facts) and reported speech. You need an experience
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Enkay12: 11:58am On Feb 18, 2018
God Speaks, take it or leave it. There's no point trying to convince anyone here about that. Get into Strong intimacy with God and you will come back to testify yourself here on NL.

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2018
Trustme2:
Yea. Clearly

Do you take alcohol or illicit drugs like Marijuana, Molly or Crack? Just asking tho!

And you never asked for Baba-Ijebu numbers that could make you rich.

You lost a chance!
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
Enkay12:
God Speaks, take it or leave it. There's no point trying to convince anyone here about that. Get into Strong intimacy with God and you will come back to testify yourself here on NL.

Weh done sir!

Please note my name down. When next you hear from him, just ask him for 5 sure Baba Ijebu numbers.

Only then will I believe.
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
Trustme2:
Yea. Clearly

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Enkay12: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
You dont need to believe, I'm not trying to convince you.

Euouae:

Weh done sir!

Please note my name down. When next you hear from him, just ask him for 5 sure Baba Ijebu numbers.

Only then will I believe.
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
Omooba77:

My mother's tongue and English; small still voice and audible to me sir. If you give you life to Jesus; the Holy Spirits will overwhelm you

Does he speak fluent English or Broken English?
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by brainhgeek(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
Neurotika:
Lmao. It's your mind doing the trick. Once you are expecting something, your whole brain becomes addicted to thinking of it. Since your brain cells doesn't sleep, it replays your thoughts in a non organized manner at sleep or in your subconscious. Then you wake up and boom! God has spoken. You start a church. Since great motivation is needed to excel at anything, you start excelling at the church. It's a further prove to you that 'God' sent you. The numbers attract more crowds and you are made. Prophecy becomes easy when there is a large crowd now. 'somebody here will receive an important call before next week that will catapult his destiny'. Law of large numbers help you. Someone gets a call. He runs to the church to pay you handsomely for that 'miraculous prophecy'. The word spreads that a great man of God is somewhere. You become a General Overseer of many branches with just a normal dream you had. Is God not wonderful?
My confidence is that versed minds like you end up creating movement for the same cause you condemned. All you need is the Pauline experience and you will fly the gospel to all worlds with every cell in you actively committed.
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Omooba77: 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ericsunday619:
am 100percent sure you are suffering from one form of mental illness undecided
God bless you sir
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by sulasa07(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
Omooba77:
I grew up from the background of Priests preaching sermons only; but when I joined Pentecostal, interjectedly I will the Lord says there is someone here..... I will open my eyes if it was during prayers and try to see who is with the Pastor at the altar.
After sometimes, I get use to it and when testimonies began to come out, I began to be filled with expectations.
Later, I began to pray to God to speak to me too and God answered my prayers.
I can tell you God does speak, but will need to pray to God to give us hearing hears.
There is no evidence from the Bible that GOD spoke to Jesus
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by JomoGbomo2(m): 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2018
Omooba77:
I grew up from the background of Priests preaching sermons only; but when I joined Pentecostal, interjectedly I will the Lord says there is someone here..... I will open my eyes if it was during prayers and try to see who is with the Pastor at the altar.
After sometimes, I get use to it and when testimonies began to come out, I began to be filled with expectations.
I can tell you God does speak, but will need to pray to God to give us hearing hears.

This is the basis of all the errors in Christianity. Where someone will wake up and claim God has spoken to him and a large number of people will just believe him hook line and sinker.

Paul Started it......and the rest, well.... we are all witnessing it.
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by munas: 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ericsunday619:
am 100percent sure you are suffering from one form of mental illness undecided

I am 1000% sure you are the one insane here

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by SKhanmi: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
Human beings have the highest capacity for self deceit. What did you think was the purpose of the ark to the isrealites? It was a receiver. Go and read about it.

Dreams?, dwell so much on an issue that your subconscious automatically ingrained it, i promise you will surely dream about it.

I don't believe in all that God talks to me stuff, Every human was born with born with more than the basic 5 senses we've relegated ourselves to.

Your intuition if well developed can work like crazy, and if you also have psychic gifts and don't reject them based on the narrow minded views of people around you, All what these pastors, imams & babalawos do will be a non mystery to you.

By the way, I believe in a Supreme being, not the ones you've been taught in your religious books. The truth is only open to those who seek n question & not those that meekly accept what is the status quo.

Disclaimer :Nobody is going to believe you except like minded people, Expect to be an outcast
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Victorblaze14(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
Neurotika:
Lmao. It's your mind doing the trick. Once you are expecting something, your whole brain becomes addicted to thinking of it. Since your brain cells doesn't sleep, it replays your thoughts in a non organized manner at sleep or in your subconscious. Then you wake up and boom! God has spoken. You start a church. Since great motivation is needed to excel at anything, you start excelling at the church. It's a further prove to you that 'God' sent you. The numbers attract more crowds and you are made. Prophecy becomes easy when there is a large crowd now. 'somebody here will receive an important call before next week that will catapult his destiny'. Law of large numbers help you. Someone gets a call. He runs to the church to pay you handsomely for that 'miraculous prophecy'. The word spreads that a great man of God is somewhere. You become a General Overseer of many branches with just a normal dream you had. Is God not wonderful?
you think is that easy bro,i bet you u won't see money to pay for church rent and u won't be able to feed ur family then u will pack to the village after six months. I bet u no be by mouth just start one and lets on nairaland know

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Omooba77: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
JomoGbomo2:

This is the basis of all the errors in Christianity. Where someone will wake up and claim God has spoken to him and a large number of people will just believe him hook line and sinker.

Paul Started it......and the rest, well.... we are all witnessing it.

God has been speaking since the days of Adam and Eve

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Omooba77: 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
sulasa07:
There is no evidence from the Bible that GOD spoke to Jesus
Ok sir
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Sanctecosma(m): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
Omooba77:

Ofcourse God does speak to us in the silence of our hearts and in the silence of man lies his conscience. "Conscience is man's secret core nd his sanctuary- there he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths... Conscience is the aboriginal Vicar of Christ" (CCC #1776-1778)
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by femmmmy(m): 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
amamahdaniel:

I don't know if God speaks or not. but I am certain God understands every language on earth.
I have heard Him in my mother's tongue. Those who have not experienced it will doubt it cos it's a unique gift not for everybody.
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by orisa37: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
Yes. God gives Dreams and Vissions, He speaks in them.
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by munas: 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
HausaOverlord:

Religion has never been our problems...
The koreans are religious and they are making progress in every aspect of their lifes
The Pakistanis are religious and you are buying trainer aircraft from them
The Indians are religious and they are nuclear armed and we go there for medical tourism.

Its not religion...its selfishness,greed and and lack of delayed gratification that is the problem

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by D1official: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
Neurotika:
Dis guys Nd analysis lolz.
Well dis means DAT u don't even knw d scriptures, D holy spirit speaks to our heart nt head,I guess u also HV a brain in ur hearth.
Fear God sir.

Muslims Curse Jews And Christians 17 Times Each Day As Part Of The Salat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59