Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,950 members, 7,803,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Last Goodbye (A Short Story ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Goodbye (A Short Story ) (559 Views)

Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Last Goodbye (A Short Story ) by useful4us(m): 7:29am On Feb 18, 2018
***The Last Goodbye***

The ill fated day had a cool morning, the sun was reluctantly rising which made the sky to look cloudy as if it was going to rain. The buzzing of the city had begun in full gear with unending noises coming from the cars' horns, petty hawkers, vendors and pedestrians.
The motorpark was crowdy as usual and littered with sachets of pure water, burnt cigarettes and some emptied alcohol plastics of various brands and sizes.
The 18 passenger bus has been fully loaded with her sitting in the front seat by the door, she was putting on her body fitted sky blue gown, the one she wore on the first day we met eachother on campus and since then we have formed a strong bond of friendship which later metamorphosis to a relationship, She was not only my girlfriend but was also my bestfriend and my only friend on campus.
I was standing by the bus door, resting my chest on it with my hands gripping hers and our eyes gazing earnestly on eachothers' faces, it was only our mouths that were too weak to utter words, the reality of missing each other had set in since it has become obvious that the bus would soon take off.
My mind started reminiscing on the good time we had spent together and how she came into my life and transformed me from a lonely directionless and affectation guy to a cheerful, focus and affectionate one in just a Semester. A fierce voice accompanied with a strong alcohol odour interjected my thought,
"may we dey go" it was the driver of the bus, he was set and ready for the 7hours journey.
I hesitantly let go of her hand, told her to please return back immediately the school resumed for the second semester and I passionately bid her farewell.
"I will miss u and I pray this won't be the last goodbye" She replied with a smile all over her face which lasted on her face till the bus zoomed off.

Her prayer was answered, it was not the last goodbye but I am here at the cemetery holding a vase of flowers and to say the last goodbye to her and other passengers who also lost their lives in the autocrash.
Goodbye to you my love.

Dedicated to all accidents victims.

Useful4us@gmail.com
Re: The Last Goodbye (A Short Story ) by OlufemiWhit(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lovely Story bro......Sad buh lovely still
Re: The Last Goodbye (A Short Story ) by useful4us(m): 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Lovely Story bro......Sad buh lovely still
thanks for your comment sir

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Writers Are The Best / Call For Volunteers - Join Nantygreens / Big Sis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.