Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) (23726 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? / My Baby's Transformation... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by emmyreb(f): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
I don't think there's problem with him coz I'm having a 3yrs+ nephew that doesn't take anything apart from garri or bread and tea even though we do force him to take the bread and tea. I think you need to force it on him stylishly or consult your doc or elderly people
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by galadima77(m): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
Mariangeles:
CONGRATULATIONS!

thanks man
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Ola514(m): 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:

Lolzz, mini me has started turning the house upside down already from his walker

lol
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Ajalekoko76(m): 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
If the boy stop breastfeeding now, who will u breast-feed? Just curious! Again MALE gender love ❤ breast no be small.... Check out dis boy in future,he go suck breast like kilode. The papa don dey drag bobi with the boy.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Ola514(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ajalekoko76:
If the boy stop breastfeeding now, who will u breast-feed? Just curious! Again MALE gender love ❤ breast no be small.... Check out dis boy in future,he go suck breast like kilode. The papa don dey drag bobi with the boy.

GUY!
NA SERIOUS MATTER DEY GROUND SO.

WHEN YOU BECOMES A DAD, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HOW CURIOUS THE FATHER WAS

1 Like

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by HomeOfMe(f): 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:
Pls experienced parents in the house especially Mums, my baby is 9 months old. We just introduced him to cereals but the trouble is he refuses to eat it. We have tried Pap, that one is even worse.
I have to pin his hands and legs, while the Mum tries to force his mouth open just to get a spoonful into his mouth, that is if she can get past the teeth that he won't open. And after all these, he will not swallow, he will just spit everything out and we are back to square one. And the way he cries.........damn
We tried closing his nostrils and mouth to force him to swallow, hmmm, I will never try it again. Continuing only on breast milk is no longer an option cos it doesn't fill him anymore. Pls suggestions
Please don't force him to eat. Why not try mashed Irish potato,banana,finely chopped fried plantain,fruits like Apple,watermelon and pear,moimoi,etc.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
give the baby some ganja tea and it will clear open his appetite for food, the baby will end up eating all the food in the house. get ready to buy more food..
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by lilyheaven: 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
godofuck231:
take him to the hospital, check his digestive tracts, that child might be having a small throat forced feeding might choke him to death, rather use fake breasts, it's loaded with watery cereals and milk and worn like a bra by mothers
Really?
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by TTYMODE: 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2018
godofuck231:
take him to the hospital, check his digestive tracts, that child might be having a small throat forced feeding might choke him to death, rather use fake breasts, it's loaded with watery cereals and milk and worn like a bra by mothers

Please, how do I get the fake breast? I'm having similar case here with my girl. Thanks.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by khome(f): 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
shegzydave:
haaaaaaa odaju gan ni oooo
Hehehe, bt thats d way
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sultty(m): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:
Pls experienced parents in the house especially Mums, my baby is 9 months old. We just introduced him to cereals but the trouble is he refuses to eat it. We have tried Pap, that one is even worse.
I have to pin his hands and legs, while the Mum tries to force his mouth open just to get a spoonful into his mouth, that is if she can get past the teeth that he won't open. And after all these, he will not swallow, he will just spit everything out and we are back to square one. And the way he cries.........damn
We tried closing his nostrils and mouth to force him to swallow, hmmm, I will never try it again. Continuing only on breast milk is no longer an option cos it doesn't fill him anymore. Pls suggestions
u need more lessons in force feeding ur baby. when u close his nose hold his hands and legs well and feed him to ur satisfaction
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by kendraloops(f): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
go to instagram and search for Augustsecrets dot ng. order her range of baby foods, let's see how he fares with them.

good luck sir.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Anextin(f): 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Sagamite:

I guess you deliberately didn't read the part he said he would never try closing the child's nostrils to feed him. You missed it cos u had to look for a way to spru all that u did. Hmm smh

This is pure nonsense!

Irritating nonsense!

Please don't tell me you are an educated individual. What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is that? You want to choke the kid?

This shyt is irritating me to the bone. I am really restraining my tongue because it is your child and your ignorant behaviour is out of concern and love.

If a child is not eating, you have three options.

1) Find out if there is anything wrong with the child physiologically by first physically examining the child and, if necessary, take the child to a medical profesional.

2) Change the food type (which you have already done)

3) WAIT! Put the food on the side. When the child is hungry wellu wellu, it would ask/cry for food and eat what is offered.

I have said this repeatedly to those I have seen trying to force-feed their children. What utter nonsense!!!

If you don't feel like eating, would you like people pinning you down and forcing food in you?

The child is a human being that NEEDS the nutrients of food to function and survive. If they are not taking what you are offering now, they would definitely take it later when hunger wire them. Why would you want to torment and traumatise them with feeding time because of your own self-obsession with convincing yourself that you are doing a great job parenting?

You are potentially raising a child that would have challenges with food in future because it registers in their brain as association with trauma.

What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is this?
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by juwanno(m): 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:

Give him multi vitamins. He will rush the food
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
Anextin:
I guess you deliberately didn't read the part he said he would never try closing the child's nostrils to feed him. You missed it cos u had to look for a way to spru all that u did. Hmm smh

I suggest you go and re-read and this time more slowly so you can actually see where he said he closed the nostrils to force-feed the child.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:
una don enter wahala.

There's nothing u can do but suffer on!!
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by ifymorena(f): 11:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
That's one of the major problem with exclusive breastfeeding......when ever he is hungry leave him for some time and try pap.....my friend six month old baby was like ur son.. .but now she has first class in paplogy grin grin grin
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by GrammarCheck: 12:07am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

He wants solid food.

Give him EBA, rice, amala with ewedu, semo and okro, then come back and thank us.

Yours faithfully,

Mother of three
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by GrammarCheck: 12:09am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

The thing is this.... If you give him a taste of whatever we are eating, he accepts it readily and even comes for more, be it beans, semo, soup, bread, rice etc but he doesn't take enough of it for it to be a meal for him

Keep giving him solid food.

Have you tried feeding cerelac through a feeding bottle? My daughter never ate cerelac with a spoon. It was always war, but with bottle she ate to her satisfaction
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by godofuck231: 12:17am On Feb 19, 2018
lilyheaven:

Really? My baby only take ice cream n breast milk from me.
His father must look for this fake breast. cheesy
U too sweet that's why

1 Like

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by godofuck231: 12:26am On Feb 19, 2018
lilyheaven:

Really? My baby only take ice cream n breast milk from me.
His father must look for this fake breast. cheesy
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by godofuck231: 12:27am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

Never heard of it before. Where can one get it?

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by godofuck231: 12:29am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

Never heard of it before. Where can one get it?
try online

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by ogtavia(m): 1:24am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:
don't kill him oh...he is teething and this comes with pain and discomfort
..feed him something that might soothe his teeth like water melon,remove the seeds and cut it into very small pieces for him...worked like magic for nephew when he was 13months..he even stopped eating cereals which is his favorite...forget about those telling you solid food,at 9months,his digestive system can't handle it well...
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by ahnie: 1:36am On Feb 19, 2018
Nutase:
You guys started late. Your first attempt at introducing him to cereals and pap should have been at 6 months.

You have to keep trying until he breaks otherwise your wife won't be able to cope.
sorry to quote you.
i normally put purée little fragments of adult food in my babies(blessed with two kids)mouth from two months upwards to avoid stories that touches the heart like this.I have a 9months plus son that z very glutinous, CU's I started on time

they ve no choice but to continue trying
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Oluwapomile1: 1:40am On Feb 19, 2018
You can still drop all your advice without all these name calling. They are stressed out already.

I know what it means to have a child that would only want breast milk. @14months,breast milk is still my baby's best.

Poster na small small o. Just keep trying, he will still eat. Try varieties too. Some prefer our normal food to cereals, some hate any other milk(like mine). Don't force him, though it's tempting at times. All the best sir!
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by EbolaParasite: 2:07am On Feb 19, 2018
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous person!

What part of check your child and take them to a medical expert or change the food did your moronic brain struggle to comprehend?

You were force-fed till you were brain damaged?

Only illiterates use curses to get their points across. It doesn't make you look smart, it simply shows how shallow you are. You mentioned that the kid will eventually eat and i corrected you. There are kids that will rather starve to death. This is a faceless forum. Throwing insults just makes you look weak. Do you actually think your insults will somehow affect me. If life is giving you problems, please see a therapist. Nobody cares about your violent insults on here.

It is not by force to post. The OP asked for advice. He doesn't need your violent insults. Heck nobody on here does. Mr know it all, keep it moving please.

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by mastermaestro(m): 2:37am On Feb 19, 2018
Sagamite:

Your entire lineage do not have 100th of the sense in one atom of my spit.

Cretin!

Cretin? It seems you just learnt the word. cheesy You need a functional brain. Let me help you...

1 Like

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

Try indomie, soup or rice, some children don't take paps and cereals
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by peacettw: 6:02am On Feb 19, 2018
mastermaestro:

Cretin? It seems you just learnt the word. cheesy You need a functional brain. Let me help you...

Lol. Thought I was the only one who noticed the constant use of the words cretinous, cretin... He can't help himself. Those words must be used on every post. Poor child... I had thought he was just been silly with a desperate need to seek for relevance on every thread but now I am reconsidering another diagnosis. He might simply be unwell, cos that will explain his limited range and repeated use of vocabulary. Such a sad world
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by oshorstan(f): 6:38am On Feb 19, 2018
Sagamite:

This is pure nonsense!

Irritating nonsense!

Please don't tell me you are an educated individual. What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is that? You want to choke the kid?

This shyt is irritating me to the bone. I am really restraining my tongue because it is your child and your ignorant behaviour is out of concern and love.

If a child is not eating, you have three options.

1) Find out if there is anything wrong with the child physiologically by first physically examining the child and, if necessary, take the child to a medical profesional.

2) Change the food type (which you have already done)

3) WAIT! Put the food on the side. When the child is hungry wellu wellu, it would ask/cry for food and eat what is offered.

I have said this repeatedly to those I have seen trying to force-feed their children. What utter nonsense!!!

If you don't feel like eating, would you like people pinning you down and forcing food in you?

The child is a human being that NEEDS the nutrients of food to function and survive. If they are not taking what you are offering now, they would definitely take it later when hunger wire them. Why would you want to torment and traumatise them with feeding time because of your own self-obsession with convincing yourself that you are doing a great job parenting?

You are potentially raising a child that would have challenges with food in future because it registers in their brain as association with trauma.

What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is this?

Has a child frustrated you b4? that he refuses to eat when he is hungry
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Ellabae(f): 6:42am On Feb 19, 2018
Gloriagee:
Some babies prefer home cooked food. Mine did too. Try soft moi moi with crayfish n Lil pepper. Mashed potatoes with egg yolk. Very soft Rice pudding with palm oil n crayfish. Okra soup with soft swallow in tiny lumps and boneless fish. Mashed soft yam with mashed fish and palm oil

Baby still needs milk though so see if he will accept formula and or breastmilk. Sweet mother spotted grin

Best of luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? / Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? / Please Assist On The Best Rechargeable Fan One Should Buy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.