Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

The Stormy Fate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Stormy Fate (6652 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / IMPAIRABLE (when Fate Strikes ) / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2018
Hello nairalanders. While writing this story

and after completing it, I just couldn't come
up with a suitable title. I believe during the
course of this story, we could suggest the

appropriate name for it.

Corrections will be well accepted and adhere to.

cc Bibijay123, divepen1, bibi294, larrysun, fiyah, chumzypinky, shewrites, oyinprince, safarigirl.

Warning:
This work should not be reproduced without the author's consent.

Disclaimer:
This work is fictious and every character used here is imaginery. The author is not responsible for any resemblance to real life persons and events.

Copyright@ Amaka Nweke

CHAPTER ONE
The wall clock chimed as it tickled from seconds to minutes and hours. The flower vase on the medium size black television shone in different bright colours, leaving the room in a delightful state. The television set which was on seemed to broadcast to itself as the occupant was busy with something more important.
Alex sat down on the couch with a glass cup in his hand lost in thought. He had engaged in shamless debauchery last night and had continued the next day. His white singlet had drop of wine on different part, leaving a riund red hole stain. Alex had the hardened kind of face, well-shaved and a dark brown eyes. His pointed nose and small lips complimented his oval face. His jaw tightened as he gazed at the glass of wine in his hand. His mind drifted off to the previous day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
10:00am
Dexta company

Alex walked into the three storey building clad in a blue t-shirt and a plain trouser. His dark brown eyes were covered with a sunshade which he took off as he walked into the building. Alex walked into the lobby with his eyes all over the place. The lobby had rows of chairs by the left occupied by people and a brown plain round table where the receptionist was.

The plump light-skin receptionist looked up as Alex well built structure stood in front of her. Alex took his time to stare at her since she was on a call. The blue straight gown brought out her hour glass shape coupled with the 'indomie coily' weavon she had on her head. Alex had never had any interest in well endowed ladies whom he considered too sex demanding due to their 'bootilicious' body.

He was jolted back to reality at the sound of the receptionist sweet melodious voice which could be of great help in the music world.

'Good morning sir. How may I be of help to you?' She asked smiling.

'I am here to see a friend.' Alex responded.

The receptionist reached for a file few inches from her 'did you fix an appointment? '

'Yes. I have wasted a lot of time here ma, I am already late for my appointment.' Alex said.

'I am sorry sir. Just give me a minute to verify the information.' The receptionist operated on the computer, scrolling the appointment list. 'your name sir'

'Alex Johnson'

'Okay. This is your entrance card.' She handed a rectangular marble tag with the number five on it. 'I am sorry for the delay, I never knew you are regular here.' She said apologetically.

'I thought as much.' Alex replied, heading straight to the elevator.

The plump receptionist moped at him as he got into the elevator. He had a look that can make even a married woman fall in love with him and that had given him an advantage.

Alex gave a light knock on the door and walked in without waiting for a response. The office table was stacked with books, files and a laptop. A bookshelf tilted to the wall with a medium size refrigerator close to it. Alex stood still at the sound of an open door. He gazed at the mirror looking at his reflection.
'You are late' A husky voice said.

Alex still looking at the mirror responded, 'I am sorry boss, the receptionist delayed me. I guess she is new here.'

'That shouldn't be an excuse.' The voice echoed. 'I hope you are well prepared? '

'Yes boss. You know I don't disappiont, viper doesn't disappoint.'

The man walked to the table and sat down in the swivel chair. 'I trust you viper. I just need a clean job.'

Alex looked at him and gave a crooked smile, 'yes boss'. Alex shut the door quietly, his mind set on tomorrow's plan.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2018
Alex snapped out of his thought, he stood up feeling debilitated by the effect of the wine. He walked into his bathroom, pulled off his clothes and hung them on the hangwr. He switched on the bath tub and then dipped his whole body inside the warm foamy water. With his eyes closed, he hummed silently enjoying the warmth of the water.

He came out of his dressing room few hours later looking like a ninja. He wore a black polo, a plain trouser and a hood. On his left index finger was a silver ring with a brown rusty tip. He glanced at the ring and hardened his jaw, memories flashing through his mind. Alex took his bag and then dashed to the car park.

Alex ignited the engine of his car as he inserted the car key. He drove the car backward and then turned left towards the direction of the gate, heading to his destination.

Alex passed through the security post and drove into the car garage of the company. He gazed round the car garage observing the terrain. Alex covered his face with a mask and then walked into the office. His eyes moved to the artifact of a naked woman breastfeeding her baby. He stared at it for a moment and then turned swiftly at the sound emanating from the stereo set.

Alex quickly hid his body behind the metal door holding his breath. A man in his early 30s walked in carrying files which he placed on the table. He sat down on the visitor's chair, his eyes immersed in what he was looking at.

The man got up instantly when he felt a movement by the door. He moved slowly, hoping it was nothing. 'Who is there?'

'sssshhh' Alex hushed with his finger on his lips.

'Oh God!' The man said kneeling down. 'Please sir, don't kill me'.

'And if I do what will happen?' Alex asked, pointing the small black pistol at the man's forehead.

'please sir,' the man quivered in shock.

'Who are you?' Alex asked, since he was not planning on meeting someone else.

'I am his personal a..s...sis..ta..nt.' He stammered trying to form a sentence.

'why are you jittering? Just stay put and I will spare your life. Okay?'

'Okay sir'

'Where is your boss?'

'In a meeting sir at the 5th floor in the opposite building.' The man replied.

Alex pulled the man by his shirt to the table. He brought out a white handkerchief from his pocket and stuffed it into the man's mouth.

'You move, you die' Alex warned.

Alex brought out a robe from his bag and tied the man's hand to his back. He unzipped his bag and broughr out his snifer rifle. The man faltered as he stared at the gun.

Alex held the long barrel on his shoulder directing it to the 5th floor of the opposite building. Being in the 7th floor gave him an upper hand. In the conference room, he could see men on corporate suit engaged in a conversation. Alex searched for his target who was clad in a black corporate suit. He waited for the meeting to end in five minutes. His findings were correct as the men all stood up talking to themselves, signalling the end of the meeting.

Mr Emmanuel Chibuike was busy shaking a fellow business partner oblivious of what befalls him. Alex positioned his sniper and took a clear shot. The bullet hit Mr Emmanuel on his forehead while he fell down. The broken glass fell from the 5th floor to the ground. There was pandemonium in the conference room and the building. People ran out for their own safety.

Alex on his part quickly placed the sniper into his bag. The personal assistant laid on the floor unconscious, he had fainted at the sound of the gun shot. Alex hurriedly dashed out of the office heading to his car. He hid quickly at the back of a car at the sight of the security patrol team. Having gone past him, he entered his car and rode with speed down the road before the police invades the place.

I will update the chapter two tomorrow. Meanwhile, still waiting for your comments and corrections.

1 Like

Re: The Stormy Fate by just2day: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
Female writer with a male protagonist. I'm interested. Looking forward to how you handle chapter 2.

Won't comment on the general spelling and syntax. But, should the personal assistant that was gagged with a handkerchief be able to answer?

amicable212:

Alex pulled the man by his shirt to the table. He brought out a white handkerchief from his pocket and stuffed it into the man's mouth.

'You move, you die' Alex warned.

'Yes sir'
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2018
just2day:
Female writer with a male protagonist. I'm interested. Looking forward to how you handle chapter 2.

Won't comment on the general spelling and syntax. But, should the personal assistant that was gagged with a handkerchief be able to answer?

noted
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
CHAPTER TWO
Linton coffee shop which is adjacent Rosabel International School is graced with a milk colour painting and two big flower pots close to the two glass opaque doors. It has a big signpost with its name written bodly on it. The interior is well furnished with orange and white marble tiles, with chairs and round tables properly placed. The owner chef Williams Farmer, an American, established the coffee shop since 2000 and it had continued to receive more customers due to its hospitality and good service.

Alicia entered the coffee shop which had become her regular,clad in a denim shirt on a chinos skirt, her blue heels made a sweet 'ko ko ko' sound while she held her weavon trying to put it into a knot. She walked straight to the table across the coffee bar.

The coffee attendant who wore a customized t-shirt with the initials 'WF' written bodly on it gave Alicia a broad smile as she walked up to her. 'Good morning miss Alicia'

'Morning sugar pie' Alicia smiled back.

'How was your night?'

'Very good, thank you. I need my usual cup of coffee but this time mixed with milk'

'Okay ma' She said and left.

Alicia moved her gaze outside as she stared outside the transparent window observing passersby. The attendant returned, carrying a tray containing a cup of coffee on a saucer, milk and some cubes of sugar.

'Thank you' Alicia said turning to her. She stirred the coffee adding a cube of sugar and took a sip while staring at the entrance to 'Rosabel international school' absent minded. Her mind drifted off to the good old days with her family, growing up in her family home.

(Flashback)
'Alicia, Alicia!' The housekeeper called.

Alicia turned, using the pillow to cover her ears, too tired to get up. Mrs Tricia, the housekeeper had been working with them for 10 years since Alicia was five. The lanky woman had met unfortunate incidents in life starting from the death of her husband and first son who were involved in an auto crash leaving her with two little children to take care of. Alicia had always loved the fact that mrs Tricia never allowed the misfortunes of life to bring her down.

'Alicia breakfast is ready' Mrs Tricia echoed.

'hmmmm. I am sleeping' Alicia responded still holding the pillow against her face.

'Sweetheart your dad is waiting at the dining.'

'Daddy' Alicia echoed getting up while she smiled mischievously as she walked out.

The round circle dining table stood at the center of the dining room. It had a bowl of fruits placed on it, fried eggs and plantain, bread and a jug of tea. Alicia stared at her dad who was busy eating his food.

Alicia had a very good relationship with her father. Earlier on she had suggested to her dad about wearing something different other than his usual suit wear, seeing her dad in a dark blue ankara wear made her happy. His obama hair cut brought out his chocolate complexion. People without asking questions could easily identify her as his daughter due to their similarities like having the same round face, cheek bone, flat nose, brown eyes, round full lips and their visible dimple which to Alicia was her selling point.

Her dad, Mr Anthony Ike, an engineer with an impressive IQ who handled major contract works in the city was known for his good works which had earned him special recognition. He was good to all and treated people with respect. He smiled on seeing his lovely sweet daughter as he stretched out his hand to her. She took his hand and gave him a hug.

'Good morning dad'

'My sweetheart, how was your night?'

'My night was fine' Alicia replied, 'you are up so early. Do you have an important meeting to attend?'

Mr Anthony smiled, 'my lovely daughter, I do have a meeting to attend this morning.'

'Okay dad' Alicia said, playing with her food.

'Alicia you are not eating. What is wrong?'

She looked at her dad and gave him the have-you-forgotten stare.

'oh! My dear I totally forgot. When I get to the office I will instruct my personal assistant to transfer money to you and Amanda.'

'Sister Amanda?' Alicia asked, 'what does she need money for this time?'

'Your sister is in the university; she always needs money'

'So? Is that why she is too demanding?'

'Well never mind. Just study hard and pass your exams.'

'Dad, just wait for me to gain admission into the university. I won't spend extravagantly.' Alicia boasted raising her shoulders high.

'Okay. Let's wait and see my angel.' Her father chuckled.

Alicia hugged her dad and waved at him as he left. She drank the warm tea on her table and after a while got up and walked to her mum's room. The lemon coloured room with brick like design was empty as she expected. Her mum had probably gone for her early morning shift. The room was neat and well kept with everything well in place.

Mrs Daniella Ike, Alicia's mum had always had time for her and her siblings. Even though she walked as a nurse in the hospital, she would always ensure that her day off is spent with her children. She would always converse with them and ensure that they are comfortable with her. Alicia had a happy upbringing and sweet old memories to cherish.

She snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of the attendant's voice.

'Madam, do you want anything else? '

Alicia sighed and shook her head, 'no, just my bill please'

The attendant handed her the bill while she paid.

'Thank you' Alicia said, getting up to leave.

'You are welcome'

Alicia smiled and walked out
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 11:16am On Feb 20, 2018
CHAPTER THREE
Alex screeched the car to a halt at the fuel station. He placed a call to an unknown number with his eyes rolling round the fuel station in case of any uproar. He was pissed off by the 'I love Nigeria' caller tune which was a complete waste of time to him.

'Hello boss' Alex greeted

'What news do you have viper?' The husky voice asked.

'The job is clear sir.'

'Alright' The man said and hung up the call.

Alex rode the car out of the fuel station heading to his apartment. He was known as a quiet person in the neighbourhood due to the fact that he hardly communicate to anybody. People saw him as an innocent person who couldn't hurt a fly. Nobody will ever believe that he engages himself in this kind of job. He was known as a vicious person among his syndicate. His courage and dedication had endeared him to his boss - A man who he owes his life.

Alex parked his car while he walked straight into his apartment. He opened his door and was turned off by the offensive smell emanating from it which was enough to kill a pest. The empty cans on the table which he left opened yesterday contributed to the awful smell. Alex held his nostril gasping for breath; the awful smell was enough to make him throw up.

He immediately swung to action, sweeping and putting the house in order. Within five minutes, the table was cleared, windows opened to allow fresh air and the air freshner he sprayed filled the room with its nice fragrance. Alex brought out a cigarette stick from the pack, using the lighter to light the cigarette. Alex reclined his back on the chair inhaling and exhaling stream of smoke frim his nostril and mouth. He thought about his life; from his childhood to the present. His life had been one from grace to grass. He felt no regret at being a killer, maybe if life had not taken the people that matters to him, he would have been a better person.

He felt no remorse killing Mr Emmanuel Chibuike; everyone has an appointed time to die it is just a question of when and how. Life lay before you it's plan just like what it had installed for his father.

'Father' Alex muffled. The word 'father' sounded strange to his ears. Would he ever be able to say the word without having a glint of grief in him? The hurt he feels inside would it ever go away?

Rosabel International School

The siren beeped signalling to all the time for the morning assembly. The students marched down to the assembly ground in their light green shirt and a straight cut high waist green skirt with strips for the girls and trouser fot the boys. The students were dressed in their uniforms with a light green tie, black socks and shoe to go with it.

Rosabel International School was one of the best school in the city for the wealthy. The school is well known for providing quality education, adequate school facilities for its students. The teachers are well trained and they undergo training every term. They are well paid and are also exposed to other goodies from parents; it was a rare opportunity to be a teacher in the school. Students are well coached by these teachers and has resulted to good performance by the students. Every parents strived to enrol their wards into the school.

The students all stood in rows according to their various classes. The assembly prefect led them in praise and worship while everyone followed silently. The students all recited the national anthem in unison. The teachers were smartly dressed in corporate outfits to avoid going against the school rules and also incurring the wrath the proprietor Mrs Oluchi Nwankwo.

Mrs Oluchi Nwankwo climbed the pulpit swiftly to address the students. She was clad in a short ankara gown accompanied by her 6ft heel which elongated her height. Silence befell the crowd as they looked at her waiting for her to speak.

'Good morning students'

'Good morning ma' The students chorused.

'You are all welcome to the beginning of this new week and I hope we are all prepared for classes,' she said looking round, 'I just want to announce that the cowbell milk maths competition will be starting in few weeks and we are obliged to participate. Last year, we were not able to participate due to the school's tight schedule but this year we will surely come out the winner. I know we have intelligent students here who can represent the school and bring back the trophy' she paused

The students were murmuring, talking about the competition while the teachers discussed within themselves.

Mrs Oluchi continued, 'so, the pre-test will commence on Wednesday. The ten lucky students who come up top will take another quiz while the top four students among them will represent the school. I hope I am understood.'

'Yes ma' They chorused.

'That will be all for today.' Mrs Oluchi concluded, dismissing them with the wave of her hand. The students marched to their different classes.

Alicia walked elegantly into SS1A holding some books. The class was a beauty to behold. Each student had his or her desk and chair. The floor was properly tiled and different inspirational quotes graced the wall. A flat screen television was hung on the wall few inches away from the white marker board. The students were all sitted and stood up to greet immediately she entered the class.

'Good morning Mrs Alicia' They greeted in unison.

'Good morning students. How was your night?'

'It was fine, thank you.' They responded.

'You can all sit. Today we will be discussing on the topic Diffusion.' She wrote 'BIOLOGY' on the board and underneath it, the topic.
She went on to explain the topic while they listened attentively. The teaching ended with students asking questions about the topic while she gave a detailed explanation.

'So, this will be all for today. Make sure you do your assignment and summit it tomorrow.' She said, packing her books.

Alicia strode out of the class heading to the staff room. She had never thought she would end up teaching. Having studied medicine, everyone expected her go into her profession. She had always wanted to be a doctor but her dream was shattered by the unfortunate incident in her family. Teaching was never in her plan but like they always say, we humans make our plans but life draws it own plan for us which might be totally different from ours.
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2018
cc Anugod jagugu88li veekid missuniverse pamelB olatex25 rachealfst maggilove Dominique peachyp jay542 queenite
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
CHAPTER FOUR
The phone rang out loud, waking Alex from his deep sleep. He gazed at the phone hesitating for a while before picking the call still lying down.

'Hello' Alex answered lazily.

'Alex, this is Jimmy. where are you now?'

Alex sat up immediately, 'Jimmy, are you back?'

'Man, I am at the airport. I need you to pick me up.'

'Alright. I am on my way' Alex said. He took his bath in a hurry and put on his cloth, collecting his car key from the table.

Alex walked passed his female neighbours whose eyes were fixed on him ready to tear his body apart, without passing a glance. He entered his car and drove off to the airport.

Jimmy waved at Alex hauling his travelling bag towards him. He smiled at Alex who returned it with a hug.

'Big bro' Alex beamed.

'My nigga, you look so good. How have you been?' Jimmy asked.

'I am fine but you look better than me though.' Alex retorted, laughing.

They walked to car park, chatting and gisting about old times. Alex had never had fun like this in a long time, laughing and talking about good memories with a long time friend. Jimmy on his on part, relayed his ordeals in the US to Alex. Alex and Jimmy had been friends from their school days. They did everything together and wherever you see one, the other must be there. It was fun seeing themselves again.

Alex drove into the compound, pulling to a halt at his usual car spot. They alighted from the car while Jimmy greeted the ladies sitting outside.

'Hello ladies' Jimmy greeted with a flirtatious tone.

'Hello' They chorused, smiling back at him.

'Alex you never told us that you have a brother and a very handsome one at that.' One of them said, still smiling.

'Why are you surprise? Do you expect him to tell you when he hardly talk to his neighbours' Another added.

Jimmy looked at Alex who doesn't seem to find it funny. Jimmy had a soft laugh in his mind knowing that Alex will be boiling with rage.

'Well ladies, I am Alex friend and brother. I will be staying here for a while, I hope I am welcome in the midst of pretty ladies?'

'you are welcome' They replied.

'Thank you. I will see you girls later.' Jimmy said running towards Alex who had gone ahead to his apartment. By the time he got there, Alex was already inside. Jimmy walked in amazed by the interior of the house. Alex was practically living it big.

'Wow man! You are living big.' He said moving round the sitting room.

Alex brought out a chilled Don Simon pack from the fridge and placed it on the table with two glass cups.
'Let's cheer to our reunion' Alex said, handing over the second glass to Jimmy. They raised their glass up, cheering to their reunion.

'Hmmm, this is good.' Jimmy said, scooping his drink.

Alex sipped his drink and placed it on the table. 'So, how has it been Jim? I thought you were never planning to come back soon.'

'With the kind of business we are involved in Alex, you can't survive long in the US. I am back for good, it is more easy to make it here in Nigeria without being caught.'

'hmmm, anyway you are welcome home. You know you are always welcome anytime, any day.'

'Thanks man. Do you cook?' Jimmy asked.

'Are you hungry? There is food in the kitchen but first thing first you have to freshen up.' Alex replied, getting up.

'I will need a place to relax.'

'You just got back Jim, at least take a rest before you think of going out.'

'Alex you are just too rigid. ha! lest I forget, you have pretty neighbours whom you don't seem to like. Are they that bad?'

'They are not just my type Jim, they are too local.' Alex responded.

Jimmy tapped Alex on the shoulder, 'You should go out at least once in a while.'

'I do that but not all the time.'

' Okay. So when are we going out?'

' Jimmy there is still time. First you have to freshen up and then relax. we will hang out in the evening.'

' Alright.' Jimmy said, walking into the bedroom.

Vitchen
11:00pm

Alex and Jimmy stepped into the club hall smiling and gisting. The club was filled with people especially girls who were half naked. The bright lights shone in different colours while the dj really had the night in his box, hitting the place with cool jamz.

They sat down close to the bar where they ordered for drinks. The dance hall was lit with girls swinging their body to the rhythm of the sonds being played while Jimmy cheered in delight. Alex shook his head at the song being played, his eyes darted to the girl across him who was flirting with him with her gaze. He winked at her while she came closer.

'Hello sweet' Alex smiled looking at her cleavage.

'Hi, why don't we have some fun tonight.' She leaned on him, caressing his broad shoulder.

'Why not? Lead the way.' Alex winked at Jim and then walked away with the girl.

Few hours later
Alex sat on the couch in the VIP lounge resting while Jimmy reclined his back to the couch, his head resting on his two arms. He glanced at Alex whose legs were stretched on the floor.

'Alex Alex' Jimmy called tapping Alex shoulder.

'ummm! what man?' Alex answered lazily.

'Are you drunk? Get up we need to discuss something important.'

Alex sat up trying to get a hold of himself. ' Do we have to do this here? Why not wait till we get home.'

'We can still discuss it here. The boss has relayed his message and we need to act fast on it.'

' Any target?' Alex asked fully awake.

'Yes' Jimmy moved close to Alex, 'Mrs Christabel James, a contractor. She is involved in a business deal with the boss and she needs to be taken care of.'

'So where do we take her down?' Alex quizzed.

' At her daughter's wedding this Saturday. The place will be heavily guarded so we need to make an escape plan.'

'That won't be a problem.' Alex remarked confidently.

Amanda opened the drawer bringing out her make up bag. She applied her foundation, brown powder and a pink coloured lipstick to go with it. She stared at herself in the mirror, rubbing her lips together. The dressing table had different make up items and cosmetic products. Close to it was the picture of Amanda and her sister. The room had everything designed in pink, a wooden wardrobe tilted to the wall with different pairs of shoes beside it.

Amanda turned her gaze to her sister who was sleeping. She smiled, remembering good old memories. Her sister had always been a cheerful person and also the family clown. She was an easy passage to get anything from their dad. A glint of that comely face had faded out after the ugly incident; things had not gone as expected.

Alicia stretched her body on the bed with her legs wide open. She opened her eyes looking at her sister who was putting on her shoe.

'Big sis' Alicia called out.

'Sweetheart you are awake. I just didn't want to disturb you; it seems today was stressful.'

'Yes. I had lots of assignment note books to mark in school today.' Alicia rolled the duvet off her body.

'This your job is too stressful. Before I forget, I was going to tell you. We have a function to attend on Saturday.'

'A function?' Alicia asked.

'Mrs Christabel's daughter is getting married on Saturday and I was invited. She is a very good friend of mum so it is a must that we attend.'

'I am just tired lately. what do I even wear?' Alicia said to herself.

'Are you done wearing all the clothes in the wardrobe. You should wear something nice.'

'please big sis, you will have to help me with the clothes later.'

'No problem. I will see to that later, I am off to Victor's place. I will see you later.'

'wow! looking like this? You are looking good.' Alicia complimented admiring her sister.

Amand brought her hand to her hip admiring herself. She was clad in an armless blue gown which brought out her hour glass shape with her cleavage popped out.

'You really got the kim kardashian shape. Your body is exceptional. I just wish I have your kind of shape. I will make all the boys drool after me.'

Amanda burst into laughter at her sister's remark. 'You are just too funny but you know you are far more prettier than me.'

'I know but anyway we are both pretty like mum and dad.' Alicia responded.

They both kept silent, eaching echoing the word 'dad'.

'Yes just like them.' Amanda said heading to the door. 'Take care honey.'

'Extend my greeting to Victor. Goodbye'.

Alicia laid back on the bed thinking about her sister's relationship with Victor. Amanda and Victor had dated for five years and they love each other so well. She just wish that Victor will get married to her sister. Amanda's marriage would be a good thing to her family especially her mother.
Re: The Stormy Fate by maggilove(f): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
Thanks for mentioning me, I will read it.
Re: The Stormy Fate by olatex25(m): 7:01am On Feb 22, 2018
amicable212:
cc Anugod jagugu88li veekid missuniverse pamelB olatex25 rachealfst maggilove Dominique peachyp jay542 queenite
hmm,,, I love dis, well-done sis.. more grease to ur elbow.. tanx for mentioning
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 10:39am On Feb 22, 2018
CHAPTER FIVE

Mrs Daniella, a woman in her late 40s, looking pale and sick, sat near the window gazing at the garden. Her pretty brown eyes were popped out, her eye bag swollen with her face curved in a depressed state. She had lost touch with the world since her husband's death. She had stopped work after the doctors laid complaints about her being absent minded. They just don't understand her. The death of her husband had come like a big blow to her; it had kept her off sanity.

She was psychologically traumatised seeing that she often talks to herself leaving her children worried. She had even been advised to visit a psychiatrist before her condition gets out of hand. Her marriage had not been the best but it had been so rosy only for death to snatch him away from him in a cold way.

Death is indeed cruel.

Alicia drove the Sienna car into the compound with Amanda beside her. The compound still had it nice natural fragrance from the open air. The car park had different cars, none seem to have been used for years.

They both alighted from the car, happy to be home after a long time. They had left home after their dad's death mostly because of Alicia who couldn't bear the pain of his death. The house stirred up emotions of sadness in them.

The gateman rushed to the car to welcome them.

'Good afternoon madam(s).' He said collecting Amanda's handbag.

'Afternoon Musa' Amanda responded, her eyes fixed on the door. 'Is mum in?'

'Yes ma'

'Alright. Thank you'

Alicia and Amanda strode to the house door while Alicia pressed the door bell. A plump light skinned girl dressed in a blue dress with a chef cap opened the door and stared in surprise.

'Madam(s) welcome' She said moving away from the door.

Alicia walked past her into the sitting room. Nothing had changed as usual with her mother still lost in her own world oblivious of her surrounding. She smiled looking at the throw pillow on the couch. She had always played with her dad in this room. Memories of her dad brought back the anger in her. She turned at the sound of her name.

'Alicia' Amanda called from the staircase.

'Yes sis'

'Let's go see mum; she is in her room.'

Alicia rushed up to meet her. She gave a light knock on her mum's door and then opened the door slowly. Her mum stood gazing at the window, the woman was slowly drifting out of this world. She looked skinny and old. Mrs Daniella flinched as the door slid open, her two beautiful daughters stood in front of her. She walked to the bed and sat down, smiling at them.

'You should have called before coming.' Mrs Daniella said.

'We called but there was no response.' Alicia responded coming close to her mum. 'Mum, you look old. What are you doing to yourself?' She asked touching her mum's face.

Mrs Daniella feigned a smile, 'I am fine'

'Mum, you are not fine. Enough of the pretense already.' Amanda chipped in.

Mrs Daniella stood up with her hands akimbo. She took a long time to reply making the girls worried. Her next words were like a bombshell.

'I am made up my mind to reinvestigate your father's case.' She stopped, took a deep breath waiting for their reactions.

The two girls opened their mouth wide in shock trying to understand the words.

Amanda broke the silence, 'mum, the case has been closed since the killers were not apprehended. why bring it up again?'

'I just hired a private investigator. For God sake we need to know who murdered your father He was left to die and a.n.d you think I will.....' Mrs Daniella burst into tears as she gulped down the saliva in her throat.

Alicia sat down close to her mother, stream of tears rolling down her eyes. she hugged her mum tight with the both crying.

'Mum is it possible for the culprits to be apprehended?' Alicia asked.

"I hope so. I will never rest until they are caught.' Her mum replied.

Alicia wiped the tears from her eyes, she will not allowed this get to her. she began laughing leaving her mum and sister in a daze state.

'Are you okay?' Amanda asked.

'I am fine. Let's not let this get to us. God is in control.'

Mrs Daniella wiped her tears with her hand, 'so how are my boys faring?'

'Mum they are fine.' Amanda replied. 'Kenneth called me from the UK yesterday, he will be receiving an award at the school valedictory service.'

'Wow! I am so proud of him. He is just as intelligent as his dad.' Mrs Daniella said smiling.

' I just can't wait for him to come back to Nigeria for a visit.' Alicia chipped in.

'I missed him too.' Mrs Daniella said.

They all stared at each other with eyes filled with love, affection and harmony.
Re: The Stormy Fate by FortunateB(f): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nice one
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
FortunateB:
Nice one

Thanks dear
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
CHAPTER SIX
The wedding hall was filled to the brim with guests from all spheres of life. It was properly decorated with the colour of the day- yellow and blue. The hall was heavily guarded with armed men who were positioned in different locations. Two security men stood by the entrance to the door ensuring that only invited guests gained entrance.

Alicia came down from her Sienna car looking extremely gorgeous. She was clad in a long yellow gown holding her blue clutch purse press to her body. Amanda clad in a long yellow gown which brought out her hour glass shape with her cleavage popped out, stood beside her sister. They walked into the hall aware of the constant stares from men. Alicia was bewildered by the beauty of the hall.

'Big sis,' she said touching Amanda's arm. ' What do you think about the hall?'

'It is extremely beautiful' Amanda replied.

' I can't wait for your own wedding party.' Alicia winked.

'Mine will come up soon.' Amanda smiled, while they walked down to their seat.

The audience cheered in delight as the couple was called out to cut the cake. The master of ceremony who anchored the wedding party gave life to it. Alicia laughed at the jokes being said. The couple held the edge of the knife with love ready to cut the cake.

'The couple will have to cut the cake at the spelling of the name JESUS. We will spell the name out while they do the cutting. ' The MC said.

' J - E - S - U - S ' The crowd called out clapping.

The DJ took over the wheels. Alicia lip sync as she danced to the rhythm of the song excitedly. Several people joined the couple as they danced.

Everyone turned by the uproar from the back row. Alicia raised her head trying to catch a glimpse of what has taken everyone's attention. A man in his early 60s and his wife were the center of attraction. He held his wife close to his body giving her the salsa swing, his wife being no learner swing her tiny waist into her husband's arm.

Alicia phone rang while she walked towards the door holding the phone close to her ear. She slid the door open and got hit at her arm. Alicia bent down to pick her phone which fell off from her hand. She didn't bother to look at the person who hit her but whoever had hit her had a strong arm.

She raised her head up, her heart thudded against her rib cage. She was blown away by who she saw. His innocent brown eyes gazed at her making her heart skip. She was lost for words, just looking at his well built figure made her heart beat fast.

Alex looked at the petite figure in front of him. He just couldn't take his eyes off her. Her eyes popped out sexily at him, her lips inviting him for a kiss. She sparked in him a light that had long gone off.

They both stared at each other lost in thought. Spark of light moved through their veins, they could only hear the sound of their heartbeat.

1 Like

Re: The Stormy Fate by FortunateB(f): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
I guess this is the point Alicia and Alex will start dating
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Alicia held her breath thinking of how to address the situation. Alex on realising himself took off his hand which was clamped on her wrist.

'I am sorry. I didn't see you coming.' He apologised.

Alex shook her head lost for words. 'My name is Alex,' He said extending his hand, 'so what's the name?'

'Emm..mm a.m... my name is Alicia.' Alicia stuttered, thoughts of what will happen next surged through her mind.

'Nice name. I will take my leave now; I am sorry about what happened earlier.'
Alex retorted hurriedly, afraid that her melodious voice will make his heart burst into bubbles.

'Are you part of the guests?' Alicia asked.

The question put Alex to a halt, 'Yes, I am a guest.'

'Alright' Alicia smiled, ' I will see you later.' She waved and walked out.

Alex stood still moping at heart. There was something definitely wrong with him which was beyond his power. He had to get rid of that feeling for now; his business comes first.

Parking Lot
Car Garage

Three armed men clad in black attire with mask crept into the parking lot. They hid behind a red Toyota car.

'ssshhh' One of them said drawing the attention of others to others to him. 'When do move?'

'We need to act fast and take the guards down. Let's go in now.' Viper said holding his rifle.

They darted to the back door of the hall and quickly held the security men covering their mouth to avoid any scream. They bundled them and kept them in a corner while they dashed into the hall.

The guests who were having fun all panicked, immediately a shot rang out. There was pandemonium as all ran in different directions jittering in shock.

Jimmy spoke, 'Everyone keep quiet!!' He looked round observing everyone. A man who had probably been shock by the gun shot was lying inert on the floor while his wife held him, tears dropping from her eyes.

Viper dragged Mrs Christabel James to the cake stand. She was in a total mess, her hair loosed and her blouse rumpled like one who had been struggling.

' I need everyone's attention,' Viper said, 'I know you might be wondering what is going on but I want to say this...... Anyone that makes a sound would find him or herself on the floor in pain. If you decide to play smart and call the police, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.'

Stream of sweat rolled down Alicia face as she held her sister's hand. She had always been afraid of situations that concern life and death. She had watched her dad as he drew near to the other world in his own blood. Alicia gulped down the saliva welling up in her gut. She looked at the guy called viper. The other guy had called the name when he passed a bag to him. Though he wore a mask, she knew he was ruthless with the way he held Mrs Christabel almost choking her to death.

A sharp cry rang through the crowd moving everyone's attention towards the direction. The light skinned bride was held captive with an handkerchief stuffed in her mouth. She looked frightened as a gun was pressed to her forehead. Mrs Christabel wailed pleading for her daughter to be left alone. Alicia was sure the robbers or assassins would not bulge.

The next action took an unexpected turn as the groom who rushed to meet his bride was hit with the edge of the gun leaving him unconscious. Fear gripped Alicia; she felt like one being choked to death. She held her arm tight trying not to loose control of her body.

Viper was angry over the whole incident. They were not suppose to harm anyone apart from the target. Jimmy had gone overboard with what he did. He was really going to mess things up.

Alex was still boiling in anger when a phone rang out. His eyes moved to the bride who was fiddling with her phone obviously trying to call someone. Jimmy flared up as he walked to the bride shaking her violently. The bride hit his chest struggling to loose his grip. Jimmy loosed his grip on her and as she got up to run, a shot was fired.

'Boom....'
Alicia gasped for air, unable to breath properly. She felt as though something was crawling inside her. She held herself tight but this didn't seem to help as all she could remember was her slowly loosing breath.

All eyes moved to Alicia who was rolling on the floor with her hands placed on her neck with Amanda beside her crying. Viper thought at first that it was a prank until he saw the person that held everyone's attention. The sweet petite figure that made his heart popped out of his chest was rolling on the floor in pain. He was thrown off balance as he stared at her cute little face.

He had never been caught in an helpless situation before. It was left for him to provide help or continue with the operation. He passed a glance at Jimmy who didn't seem to be moved by what was happening. He knew he needed to act fast or be the loser in the game. Although he had swore never to attach emotions to his business but he just couldn't resist the urge to help. Alex was in a dilemma of his own.
Re: The Stormy Fate by FortunateB(f): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
Following wella
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2018
CHAPTER SEVEN
Alex surged to where Alicia laid, her hand clamped on Amanda's wrist. He was totally confused as to what to do to help the situation. Alex was relived when a man stepped forward to help revive her; he gave way for the man. Alex stared at her face which looked pale as if her blood was drawn out of her. He passed a glance at the other girl beside her and he saw what he did not take notice of at first.

The two ladies looked alike both in skin colour and facial structure; both has dark skin and pointed nose that brought out the shape of their round face. He brought his gaze down to her body where he spotted the difference- the other girl has the kim kardashian kind of shape which every man would trip for. The gown on her was just perfect for her body. Alicia on the other hand is the petite type but far more prettier than the other girl who had greater chance of being her sister.

By the time Alex was done observing the ladies, Alicia was already conscious. She was leaning her back on the chair; her eyes were red while her heavy breathing echoed round the hall. All eyes were fixed on her while others were practically concerned about their safety. All this while Jimmy stood looking at Alex angry over what he did, he thought Alex had changed from being a soft hearted boy to a vicious man who could control his emotions.

Jimmy turned his gaze to the girl who had gotten everyone's attention and the other one beside her. He felt drawn to them and he knew quite well that it was not because of their beauty. He felt like he had met them before especially the one who was unconscious a while ago; his heart raced with fear. whatever connection he might have had with them was not really a good one. It wss time to leave the hall and deal with this issue later with Alex.

The police siren blew, jolting Alex out of his love daydream. Alex rose to his feet while Jimmy peeked out of the window to see the direction of the police van. He came back and said something to Alex and the other man in low tone. Jimmy cracked his gun drawing everyone's attention to him.

'Now listen everyone,' he said gazing round, 'nobody should move or say anything because if you do, you might not live to tell the story of what happened to you to the world. You might think you are safe because the police has arrived but let me dash your hope, they are gonna do nothing as long as we are here. So if you decide to play smart, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger.'

Alex brought out a long robe from his bag and passed it to Jimmy. They had to change to plan B which was the escape plan. They had plan to escape through the back of the building and hopefully the hall was on the second floor. Jimmy threw the robe down the building while Alex stood by the door pointing his gun to the door. The other guy escaped using the robe to go down the building. Alex gave Jimmy a go ahead while he watched out for the police. Jimmy holding the bag escaped next using the robe.

Alex wrapped his hands on the gun awaiting the police. At the sound of incoming footsteps near the door, Alex darted to the window. He held the robe firmly lifting himself down. He struggled to go down since the police already raised fire against him.

The policemen were firing shot at him making him loose balance. A bullet strayed past him almost close to his arm, that had been a miss. His heart skipped at the fear of him lying dead in his own pool of blood. Alicia closed her eyes immediately the shot was fired. Although she hates the viper guy, she wasn't ready to see any dead person not after all she had been through today. Alicia stretched her neck to see if he was shot; she just hoped he escapes.

Alicia slapped her cheek at the thought of that. Why should she be concerned about a person whose job is to harm people? She was beginning to say nonsense maybe because of psychological trauma. She clinged to her sister heaving a sigh of relief for their safety.

Alex on his own part was struggling to escape, it seemed as though the police won't stop shooting. He held the robe tight moving fast. A bullet hit his arm throwing him off balance. Alex grinned in pain still holding the robe with the other hand.
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 10:18am On Feb 26, 2018
The police moved in mass ushering people out. Alicia gazed at the bride who was ushered out by a policeman. She had thought the bride was shot only to see her with no stain of blood. So the viper guy and his co-mates did not kill anybody, thank goodness. Alicia was still looking at the bride when another shot rang out. She held Amanda's hand while they both ran out.

Alex touched his arm which was dripping blood. He hurriedly slid down with the help of the robe. He hid at the back of a van; he wasn't expecting to see lots of police vans. Jimmy was clearly not in view which wasn't part of their plan. Jimmy was supposed to wait for him.

There was chaos in the car garage as everyone tried to leave the building in a rush. Amanda rode the Sienna car with full speed not minding who she was struggling with for space. Alicia glanced at her sister who was driving roughly trying to hit the road. Amanda had always been a courageous person even when faced with a life and death situation.

They finally got out of the car garage. Alicia was taken aback by what she saw. There were police vans outside in large numbers. Alicia had never seen the police this serious with their job. It was obvious that the person whose party was disrupted is a high profile one. Amanda stopped at the back of a white Hyundai car waiting for the traffic to be cleared.

Meanwhile, Alex still hid at the back of a van. He was totally without an escape plan; he sure had to escape before the police conduct a proper search. This was his first time of being in an helpless situation. Alex walked slowly hoping to hop into a car that will transport him to the next bus-stop. This was the only way to escape since the policemen had not commence search on vehicles.

Amanda was hit by a car probably trying to move forward. She yelled at the motorist who rained abuses on her for being too sluggish. They both engaged in a curse word battle.

'Foolish man, are you blind?' Amanda yelled.

The male motorist was equally ready for an argument. 'Useless girl, who are you to ask me such question? It is obvious that you are the blind one. why are you driving like a learner? Learners don't learn on the high way. Who even gave you a car in the first place? You are too little to drive.'

Amanda alighted from the car leaving the driver's door open. She hates insult and can go to any length to deal with that person. Thus particular man looked prepared for trouble. The man also came down from his car. Other motorists intervened, appealing with them to let go but none was ready for that.

'Stupid man. What did I do to you to warrant these insults?' Amanda asked ready to thrash this out.

'I can see you don't have anything doing. You should better take that thing you call a car to the junkyard.'

'See this insect like creature. I can see you are fully prepared. From all indication, it is obvious you are mad. You lack respect for a woman, I pity the woman who will end up with you.'

'Get out of here. You can disappear into thin air, I don't care.' The man responded.

Alicia came down from the car seeing the way the scene had attracted people. Motorists who were eager to leave were frustrated. She walked to her sister dragging her back.

'oooohhh! Alicia leave me alone to deal with this thing.' Amanda said in anger.

'Sister Amanda let us go. People are watching.'

Two policemen came to settle the issue. Alicia heaved a sigh of relief on that, she knew quite well that if it was left to Amanda she would not agree to close this case. She was about saying a word to the policeman when her eyes darted to the small van. She felt as though someone was there but she was not certain. Her eyes moved to the black boot that popped out near the tyre. She was certain that someone was there. Alicia was trying to place meaning on what she saw when her mind flashed to the incident.
'What if it was the viper guy? He wouldn't be so stupid to come out in the open. Would it be okay for her to inform the police?' Alicia thought.

Alicia focused her gaze back to her sister hoping to get her mind off the person. The next sound she heard was that of a car which drove past her. She stared at the small van as it rode swiftly.

Alex heart thudded against his rib. He thought he had been caught when his eyes almost met with the Alicia girl. Thank God she was not curious enough to find out who was hiding close to the van. Finally he was safe for now, he was already getting tired.

The police settled the issue and everyone went back to their cars. Amanda rode the car out of the place while Alicia was still contemplating on what she saw. The day had been a total loss to her.
Re: The Stormy Fate by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 27, 2018
amicable212:
cc
Sweetheart, I will be reading this over the weekend okay. I have been getying mentions but the time.
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2018
jagugu88li:
Sweetheart, I will be reading this over the weekend okay. I have been getying mentions but the time.

Thanks dear
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 10:45am On Feb 27, 2018
CHAPTER EIGHT
Alex flicked his eyes round the room as he groaned in pain. His eyes darted to the sound system which was emanating noise to him. He tried to get up the bed but his arms were weak. He had no doubt that he was at home owing to the strong stench of alcohol in the room. He was certain that whoever was in the house had engaged in shamless sexual pleasure.

Jimmy came into the room with a bowl of water and a towel. Alex countenance changed on seeing Jimmy who abandoned him despite the job being specifically his own to take care of. Jimmy dropped the bowl on the table and sat down on the bed.

Jimmy touched Alex forehead while Alex turned still upset, 'guy don't touch me'

'Alex you need to relax, you are badly hurt.' Jimmy said, placing the wet towel on Alex forehead.

'I am fine.' Alex drawled feeling worn out.

'If I haven't save you, you won't be here. So relax and get better.'

Alex closed his eyes trying to endure the pain he felt in his arm. He touched his arm while he recalled how he was shot. This was the second time he had been badly hurt after an operation. He didn't even know how he got out as all he could remember was him fainting by the roadside after getting down from the van. His arm was properly bandaged all thanks to Jimmy.

Alicia came out of the bathroom clad in her white night gown. Her hair was wrapped in a white towel. She sat down on the dressing table and applied her face cleansing oil. Alicia stared at her reflection while she rubbed the oil absent minded. Her mind flashing back to the incident at the wedding.

It had been a terrible day for her and everyone that attended the party. She just felt sorry for the bride witnessing her happy moment turn to a sad one. Why will someone bring grief and anguish to one's wedding? No one was expecting it owing to the level of security in the area. The criminals she was sure were not learners for being able to invade the hall without the security men outside knowing.

Alicia touched her wrist as she visualised the guy on mask-viper. She was sure he was the one at the back of the van since the police did not get hold of him. Even though he was part of the gang, she had no hope of him being apprehended. His business wasn't hers to worry.

She bit her lip at the thought of the other guy she met at the party. He was just so sweet even with the little he said. She had never felt this way for a guy she barely know. She just felt a bond with him and had this feeling that they will meet again.

'Alex' She called out. Her only regret was them not having enough chance to know each other. She had searched for him with her eyes in the hall but did not find him. His disappearance kept her worried as she had felt he would ask for her phone number. Thinking about it now, he was also not in the hall when they were attacked. Perhaps he had left before the whole thing started.

Alex jolted out of her thoughts by the alarm beep from her phone. She jumped on her bed with her hands stretched out and her eyes fixed on the ceiling. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 8:16am On Feb 28, 2018
Alex draped his black leather jacket in the wardrobe as he quietly arranged the room where he laid for three days. At least, he was better now and could go about his normal chores. Jimmy had told him that he was going to pay a visit to his mum. Alex hoisted the small stool while he swept underneath it.

The stereo set had dust on it which Alex dusted. He inserted a CD plate and danced to the song being played. He took two steps back and swing his hand in a humorous manner. He just felt joyous for reasons best known to him, probably because of his quick recovery.

Alex had planned on going to the supermarket to get some few things he needed in the house. Life still had to go on despite everything that had happened. Jimmy had told him that the boss had taken care of the incident; the police and media are quiet about it. Although Alex was disappointed that the operation was not successful, he was sure that the boss would get it done another way.

The supermarket as usual had people coming in to get what they want. This had always been Alex favourite supermarket due to its nice outlook and quality service. Although it was not close to where Alex lives, he still prefers shopping there.

Alex parked his red Honda car in the parking lot. He walked to the door were the security man greeted him with a warm smile. The store had different sections depending on the customer's wants. He strolled straight to the cloth section where he picked clothes that suit his taste. He moved on to get groceries; Alex pushed the trolley forward searching for the food items he needed. He placed the medium sized power oil bottle in it with his eyes still on other products. He picked onions, cabbage, carrot, rice and other groceries.

Alex raised his hand to pick bread when a girl with blonde hair got his attention. Though he could only see her backside, he was certain she was beautiful. He strolled forward trying to catch a glimpse of the beautiful face before she leaves.

Alex was put off balance when his foot stamped on the trolley in front of him, he held the edge of her shirt to avoid falling.

'Damn it' Alex cursed feeling embarrassed. He looked up and clenched his teeth in surprise. He just wasn't expecting to see such a beautiful damsel - that sexy red lips and brown eyes. Her eyes still popped out sexily looking at him.

Alicia was beyond surprised, seeing him was indeed a miracle. How on earth did this happen? So God really heard her heart intention. Alex broke the silence.

'I am very sorry ma' He said apologetically.

'You again? What a coincident! I wasn't expecting to see you.'

Alex stretched his hand towards her, 'Alicia, its nice meeting you again. I am sorry about that; I wasn't looking.'

'I guess you are used to bumping into people. That's not really nice but anyway nice to meet you.' She shook his hand staring into his eyes. She certainly had thing for this man. He was just all she needed at the moment.

'I guess you came to shop' Alex asked.

'No I came to look around' Alicia said laughing, 'Stop asking nasty question, what will I be doing in a supermarket if not to shop.' Alicia responded. 'Anyway I came to buy some foodstuffs since I have none left at home.'

'Wow! You are quite different. I thought most women don't wait to run out of foodstuffs. Is it that you don't like cooking?

'Of course not, though I don't love cooking but I am force to cook as the last girl child.'

'You do have a sister right?' Alex asked.

Alicia stopped, 'How do you you that? Don't tell me you have been stalking me.'

Alex burst into laughter revealing his dimple, 'no I am stalking you. I actually saw the both of you that day in the wedding hall.'
'Now I understand but I didn't see you in the party hall after we met.'

'I had to leave due to an important call from a friend.' Alex explained. He dropped some packets of Golden Penny spaghetti into the trolley.

'So you were not there during the assassin attempt?'

His countenance changed instantly as he forced a smile, 'I heard about it but were you among the hostages?'

'Yes. It was really terrible, those assassins are wicked. They have no human sympathy.' Alicia said.

Alicia tightened his jaw, 'At least thank God you are fine. What do you plan on cooking today?'

Alicia beamed as she replied, 'just rice and chicken stew for me and my sister.'

'Am I not invited?'

'Why not? You are highly invited.'

Alex returned her smile with his, 'how am i invited when I don't have the home address or phone contact of this beautiful damsel?'

'Stop flattering me. I am not a damsel.'

'Who told you that? You are more than a damsel.'

'And you are prince charming.' Alicia cuts in.

'I accept. Can I get your number please?'

'No problem.'

They both exchanged phone contacts while Alex paid for what they bought. It was as if they had known each other for long. They parted ways and promised to see each other soon.
Re: The Stormy Fate by WHOcarex: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2018
I will be here soon. I think I'm gonna like this
Re: The Stormy Fate by FortunateB(f): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2018
Thanks for the updates, lovely
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 7:55am On Mar 01, 2018
CHAPTER NINE
Two weeks later

Alex laid on his bed covered in his duvet. With his phone placed on his ear, he spoke slowly 'Sweetheart, how are you?'

'I am fine' Alicia responded, her hand twisting her hair.

'it's late already, won't you go to bed? It's 11pm.'

Alicia smiled, 'You are also awake. Don't you also sleep?'

'Well I do but I just want to hear your voice before going to bed. I called earlier but got no response.'

'I was busy at school. I had to process some files.'

'Then you need to rest.' Alex said and paused for a while, 'Alicia you haven't said anything about my request. I am serious about it.'

'About the outing? I was just tired today due to the stress but just give me some time.'

'We have talked on the phone for two weeks without setting eyes on each other. Just give it a shot, I have something important to discuss with you.' Alex pleaded, hoping she agrees.

'Alright. Let's just meet and discuss. Will meeting tomorrow by 5pm be okay by you?'

'Baby why not make it 6pm so that you can rest after the day's work?'

Alicia smiled, 'you are so caring. Let's meet by 6pm but where do we meet?'

'Your choice. Choose your location.'

'hmmmm. I think Crunchies will be better.'

'Done. Thanks a lot at least I can sleep and dream of this pretty damsel.'

'Thank God for that. I need to sleep now, it was nice talking to you. Goodnight.'

'Goodnight dear.'

Alex hung up and placed his phone on the drawer next him. He just wasn't sure were this was leading him. Him being so lovely and caring about a girl seemed awkward to him. Maybe it would be better not to think about it and focus on his date tomorrow.

Alicia daubed some cologne on her neck while she searched for her silver earring. She opened the drawer and brought out the earring. Alicia looked at herself in the mirror. She was clad in a yellow jacket and a ripped jean. Her make up was light and the black heel elongated her height. She was just looking perfect for the occasion.

She rushed to the kitchen to put down the pot of jollof rice she had prepared for her sister. Amanda had sternly warned her not to leave the house without cooking which was what Alicia hated doing. She had always had an excuse to give her mum and sister to avoid cooking. Most at times she would pretend to be asleep so that Amanda would do the cooking. it had worked out well until Amanda got tired of her tricks and decided to stay away from the kitchen. It was really annoying but she had to play on to avoid their mother's wrath.

Alicia locked the metal door and placed the key near the window pane. She took a deep breath hoping things would go well. She entered her car and drove out of the compound.
Re: The Stormy Fate by aprilwise(m): 10:05am On Mar 01, 2018
am following. nice story
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2018
Alex clad in a blue strip shirt and black trouser sat on the chair, his mind firmly glued to his wristwatch. He was totally lost on what he had planned; he wasn't sure if he was ready for a relationship. He had gone too far to call it quit now and besides it seems Alicia has a thing for him too. He was just being worried for nothing, he took a glance at the door hoping that Alicia will come in now.

Alicia stepped into the eatery in a gorgeous manner which constantly endeared her to men. She stopped, looking round for the man who made her come here. Alex looked at Alicia for a while unable to say a word. She was looked beautiful as always with that glow which had made him glued to her from day one. He waved at her while she walked to meet him.

'Good evening' Alicia greeting, giving him a bold smile.

'You look so beautiful' Alex said, admiring her beauty.

' You Should at least reply my greeting and then ask me to sit before the compliment.'

'I am sorry, I forgot my manners' Alex drew the sit back for her to sit.

'Thanks'
Alex took his seat after her. She was just too beautiful to look at.

Alicia looked at Alex admiring his outlook. He was properly dressed and has this nice fragrance. He just seemed to make her nervous with his looks. This wasn't their first time of meeting, not even the second.

'You are making me nervous Alex with the way you are staring at me.'

'I apologise beautiful lady. So what do I get for you?' Alex said. God! he was damn nervous too.

'Just chilled water'

Alex scoffed, 'You are joking right. I won't ask for your request rather I place our order.'

'I just finished eating the jollof rice I prepared at home.' Alicia lied, she was treading carefully.

'Since you know you have a date this evening, you should have eaten little. Still I will order something for us. Waiter!' Alex called out.

A male attendant came with the food menu while they placed their order. In few minutes, they were both eating fried rice, scooping it down with the 5alive fruit juice. Alex looked up to Alicia who was busy eating her meal. He smiled at her as their eyes met. They were both silent staring at their meal until Alicia broke the silence.

'Alex, you have not said anything so far regarding the reason why we are here.'

'I know sweetheart but the conversation can wait till after the meal. I don't want to pester you with talks while eating.'

'Okay' Alicia continued with her food.

Alex done with his meal placed the fork in his plate. 'Thank you for the food' Alicia said, smiling at him.

'You are welcome. Baby, I know that you have a clue of what I want to talk about. It is something you hear probably everyday from guys. From the first day I met you, I just felt this connection. I just couldn't resist seeing you.'

'So what are you driving at?'

Alex pulled Alicia hand into his, ' I want you to be my woman. I want a serious relationship with you, one that will lead to something useful.' Alex hated himself for saying this words. Why was he making a promise he was not sure of keeping?
'I know you are not a child neither am I. I don't know what you have to say. I don't want a no or let me think about it for an answer.' Alex said bluntly, he was sure he would be restless if she says no.

'I am not that kind of girl. If I like you, I will tell you straight about it, no beating around the bush. I will go with what my heart wants.'

'And what does it want?' Alex cuts in.

'Let's give the relationship a try and see if it will work. It's a yes for me.'

Alex sighed, 'Thanks dear. I won't let you regret this.'

'I hope so' She just wasn't ready for a relationship that would leave her broken.

They spent the rest of the time talking about themselves. It was a fun day for Alicia; this guy was simply amazing. Alex watched her as she chat on. She was definitely a talkative but that's what he likes most about her.
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Alicia hummed with joy as she swinged Alicia hummed as she swinged her body dancing. She dropped her handbag on the couch and took few dance steps, smiling at her sister. Amanda stared at Alicia amazed at how happy she looked. it's been long she saw her sister with this glow. Where had Alicia gone that had made her happy?

'aaaaarrrrrrhhhhh! yea yea' Alicia screamed as she danced round her sister.

'Alicia, are you okay?' Amanda asked, smiling.

'I am beyond okay; I am excited.'

Amanda drew closer to her, 'and what is the reason for this excitement?'

'Not what you are expecting. Sis, I am in a relationship.You and mum had bees disturbing me and now I have seen a man I love.'

'Finally. How come you never said anything about any guy.'

'I just accepted his proposal today. I have been waiting for him to pop the question.'

'Babe you need to give me details. Who is he and how did you two meet?' Amanda asked.

Alicia sat down, 'I met him at the wedding and later the supermarket. He asked me out today and said yes.'

Amanda looked at her sister in disbelief, 'you did what? You don't know anything about this guy and you have already said yes.'

'I know a little about him. His parents are late and he has only a relative who stays outside the country.'

'Really?' Amanda cuts in, 'he has no parents. Should that be a reason for you to accept him that soon? My dear, guys are cunny, at least you should have given it a thought before saying yes. Do you know how he might be seeing you know? As being desperate.'

'I don't care. what is the need for saying you will think about it when you know what you want already?'

'You don't have to be too open. Haven't you heard- always say no first before saying yes. It gives you time to think.'

'I have heard you. I need to sleep.' Alicia said rubbing her eyes.

'Go take your bath and come afterwards to the dining table to eat.'

'I am not hungry; I ate a lot. I will go take a bath.'

'Make sure you do that and be fast. Don't waste all day in there.'

'Okay sis.' Alicia dashed into the bathroom and ran the cold water on her body.
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2018
CHAPTER TEN
Jimmy stared at Alex amused at what he was doing. Alex was busy arranging the sitting room - he dust the television, arranged the chairs and swept the floor. He went further to the bedroom and did the same thing with sweat dripping from his face to his masculine chest. Jimmy had never seen Alex behaved his way.

'Guy, take it easy. Are you sure you are okay?' Jimmy asked.

'Jim take your legs off the floor, I am sweeping.' Alex continued what he was doing.

'This one you are taking all your time to put the house in order. You have not told me who we are expecting.'

Alex looked at Jimmy, 'There is nothing much to it. My woman is coming to visit, you can assist me with the arrangement.'

'Eeeehhhh so because of a girl you are restless.'

'Yes Jim. She will be here any moment from now.'

'You amaze me Alex. Who is even this girl that you are preparing all these for? How can you be tied to one woman? Are you sure you are okay this morning?'

'Sorry to disappoint you I am fine. I am not a gigolo like you and can never be.'

'What do you know? I thought you were good at your game but it is showing clearly that you are a novice. Enjoy your date' Jimmy hissed and walked out.

Alex said after Jim, ' Thanks for the insult but you can't spoil my mood today. Anyway you are invited to stay.'

Alex sprayed the Gbc air freshner every corner of the house. The whole house was well arranged to the core. Having done everything to his satisfaction, Alex took his bath and wore a sleeveless top and a short. He was sure he had everything under control.

Alicia sat down on the milk colour couch looking extremely gorgeous. She was amazed at how neat his house was. Most guys she had come across especially during her university days had no interest in the arrangement of the house. This was why most of them needed girlfriends who would help with the house chores. This place was sparkling clean more than she expected. Alex had always been a neat person.

Alicia focused on the Nigeria movie being shown on African magic. Nollywood movies had been a no no for her since it was totally predictable. A typical Nigerian already know the outcome of a movie. Alicia watched the movie amazed at how Africans believe in juju which was mostly the storyline of African movies. The film was center on a wicked uncle who had decided that his brother's children will not succed. He was actually going to kill the first son of the man through poison.

Alicia opened her mouth totally immersed in the movie. She was so engrossed that she did not notice when Alex and Jimmy walked in.

'I can see that you are enjoying the movie.' Jimmy said.

'So you love watching movies' Alex smiled while Alicia raised up her eyes towards him.

'I do but I prefer Korean movies.'

'I do prefer Korean movies too.' Jim cuts in. Alicia turned her gaze to him.

Alicia smiled at Jimmy, she wasn't expecting anyone apart from Alex in the house. The guy was cool though. 'That means we are on the same boat unlike Alex that don't like to watch movies.'

'That's pretty good. Meanwhile, I am Jimmy, Alex friend' Jimmy extended his hand to her.

Alicia took his hand, 'I am Alicia. Nice meeting you.'

They both shook hands while Jimmy stared at her intently. This was the same girl who had fainted during the wedding incident. He felt a connection with her which he could not properly placed. He knew for sure that they had met before.

Alex sat down close to Alicia, ' You are welcome to my apartment. I hope you are comfortable?'

'Of course. You got a nice place for yourself.'

'Thank you.'

Jimmy made her visit fun since he was a talkative like her. Alex did most of the listening part. They discussed about themselves, Alex talked on his friendship with Jim and other aspect of his life except the darkest part. Jimmy curious about her posed a question to her.

'Alicia, you haven't said much about your family. Tell us about your family.'

'Sure. I am an igbo girl from the eastern part of Nigeria. We are seven in number- five children and my parents. My dad is late and my mun is not in a good health condition.'

'ooohhh sorry about that. How did it happen?' Jimmy asked.

'It happened after my dad was murdered by assassins.'

'What?' Alex and Jimmy said together.

'I really don't know what to say. It came as a shocker to everyone. Mr Anthony Ike, my father was a nice man to all. His death was a painful one for all of us especially my mum.' Alicia said with tears welling up in her eyes.

Jim's countenance changed at the sound of that name. This was actually the connection. Alex leaned Alicia's head on his shoulder to comfort her.

'Let's forget about it. So, what will you eat?' Alex asked.

'Anything edible. I will prepare the meal myself, just show me the way to the kitchen.' Alicia said getting up.

'Just walk up to the dining, enter the door by your left. There are foodstuffs there, so just prepare any meal of your choice.' Alex responded.

Alicia was done preparing the food within 45 minutes. She placed the food on the dining table while they joined her at the dining. Alicia dished out the cooked yam and egg in the plates. They all ate silently while Alex complimented her cooking skill.

She spent few hours with Alex after the meal, Jimmy had earlier on excused himself to the room. He seemed quiet after the dinner for reasons best known to him. Alicia bid Alex farewell as she left.
Re: The Stormy Fate by amicable212(f): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2018
Jimmy paced round the room lost in thought. This was going to turn into a messy situation. Alex banged the door bringing Jimmy out of his world of thought. He stared at Jimmy wondering why he looked worked up.

'Guy we are in deep shit.' Jim said.

Alex sat down on the bed, ' What is wrong with you? Why did you leave in the middle of the meal? Don't tell me you don't like her.'

'Guy have you lost your mind? That was the same girl that fainted during our last assignment at the wedding party. Don't tell me you don't get the point. '

'You are over reacting. What point?' Alex asked mildly.

'Oh my God! Your girl, don't you remember that face?'

'Go straight to the point Jimmy. What is wrong?'

'Anthony Ike, does that name ring a bell to you. The contract.' Jimmy asked.

'She said he was murdered so how does that concern. ....... wait a minute. ....' Alex opened his mouth in shock before he could complete his statement.

' Yes Mr Ike. The man that was murdered in his house. The boss......assignment'

Alex was totally confused. 'Alex, Alicia is the daughter to the man we murdered some years back.' Jimmy said.

'My God. What do I do now?'

'We need to act fast, I believe she has no clue about it. You have to break up with her.'

'You must be joking. Break up with her for what? She is oblivious of it, I don't see the problem here.'

'Don't be stupid. If eventually the truth is revealed, then both of us will face jail terms. Act wisely.' Jimmy said and walked out of the room.

Alex was restless; he just couldn't sleep. What on earth has he gotten himself into? Has his past come to haunt him? He just wasn't sure now what to do. His head ache from constant thinking. He had become too attached to her but what would happen if the truth is revealed? Will she forgive him if he reveals the secret himself?

She was definitely going to pay him back if eventually she gets to know. There is no way he was going to keep her with him knowing the atrocities he had committed. It would be best to let go.

Life had never been fair to him. He had lost his family and now even Alicia has to go. He was sure going to live a lonely and boring life. Breaking ties with her still remains the only available option. Time will surely heal their wounds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Game He Lost (A Novel). / Diaries Of A Sex Addict Pt1 / The Bodyguard 2 - Action/romance Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.